Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,608 members, 7,823,648 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

My Wife Shows No Affection - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Shows No Affection (44916 Views)

Father Bathes His New Born Baby: "My Wife Needs Rest" (Photos) / "I Caught My Wife & Driver Making Love In My House" - Lagos Businessman / My Husband Denies Me Sex And Affection...its Killing Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 05, 2015
There's no point 'discussing the situation' with your wife, op. If you have to ''discuss'' with your partner in order for her to show you basic affection, then there's really no point, as anything that comes out of that will likely be forced (pretence). Best thing is to get someone else to start some sort of relationship with and see how that goes. Don't be afraid to end the 'relationship' with your wife either.
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by oochi123(f): 4:34pm On Jul 05, 2015
Jacksparrow0712:
That 'thing' has been put on ignored. He wanted my attention. Not gonna give it to him. Area mama you be rakunmi. Elede
.u wey ur mama don forget u. Born trowey. See hair like shit. Common go comot dat were tin wey u put for head.irresponsible born trowey pikin.no responsible girl wil ever marry a tout dat wears earring. Shashasha! Da iska.just be gud.wnt waste my time again. Enjoy. Immature rat
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 05, 2015
Wetin this arugbo ojo dey talk sef? Is it my fault to you aren't exposed? Is it my fault you've never been out of your village to see new trends? Is it my fault you still live in the 18th century? Is it my fault you are ugly? Madam abeg go do find husband. You don turn burden on your parents. Go do advert for OLX
oochi123:
.u wey ur mama don forget u. Born trowey. See hair like shit. Common go comot dat were tin wey u put for head.irresponsible born trowey pikin.no responsible girl wil ever marry a tout dat wears earring. Shashasha! Da iska.just be gud.wnt waste my time again. Enjoy. Immature rat
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by loswhite(m): 4:49pm On Jul 05, 2015
DrGroove:
Your wife is using defense mechanism on you.
Which is by giving you showing you less affection,being unromantic n cold towards you.
Because naturally,when you show somebody too much affection,they don't appreciate it
Most times,when a woman makes a man feels too loved,is too romantic and attached to the man,the man begins to feel like alpha n omega,gets choked,tired,unappreciative and takes her for granted.
He will even cheat on her n rub it on her face and maltreat her,knowing it will hurt her deeply.
But as she is not sending you,see as e dey make u loyal and nice,even helping with housework.Lol
I don't blame her!
Lame reasoning is the course of so many broken relationship.
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by loswhite(m): 4:52pm On Jul 05, 2015
vincent7447:
[color=#006600][/color]Bro we are in the same shoes,my own wife even deny me of sex all in the name of work.
Each time I initiate sex,she tells me word like this, I am tired,I have headache, I am sick, I have backache, an endless excuses which often piece me off and when I push further she tells me that I am selfish that I don't care about her and so on.
Get a side chick
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by miriamgroove: 4:54pm On Jul 05, 2015
I think its the way u started the relationship...wh
en u were dating her...she is so used to it nw...if u want her to luv u back..I think u should change.
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by DrGroove(f): 4:58pm On Jul 05, 2015
donald14:
Bro, i have 1 good logic that will work 4u like a magic. First, u will need 2 women to play this part 4u secretly. One of the women will be are tight friend she trust and the other woman will be just a woman she don't know. Here goes the plan, u call her are tight friend and explain what is going on and that u need her help. Now this is what u will plan with her. Tell her that she should tell your wife that she is secretly seeing another woman with u and u still plan with her how your wife is going to believe the whole story. Again, u plan with other woman where u will be meeting every 9t but should be outside. This is were her tight friend will took her to d joint to see u and the woman. Now, if your wife is shy now u will know. This is when her brain will start to reset and she will change but don't show her affectionate feelings if she is showing u always be a pretender and believe her body will be warm METHOD 2: very simple, create a rumor that u want to take in another wife. Believe me will be worried and if she called u and discuss the issue with u tell her that the person u want to marry show u affectionate feeling she buy u gift, she do this, she do that and she is véry kind now she will regret all what u told her meanwhile not knowing u are playing fool out of her.
NOT A GOOD IDEA.such may not bother a woman who doesn't care so much about the man.instead it can infuriate her and she quietly ends the man's life without regret.when u feel say person no like u,u need to tread carefully.Many women instead of fighting, crying have killed their husbands with just rumours of "side chic" or "new wife".
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 05, 2015
yemi1261:
My dear, I understand and share your pain, I suffer similar fate in the hand of my wife.
She is just too cold to me, nothing I do intrest her, we do not engage in any romantic play or discussion at home, everything is strictly formal, am a very passionate person as well. On several occasion, I have called her to talk over it but she just would not change.
Am contemplating cheating now cos am not enjoying her at all.for how long would I live with thisno love marriage?

Still contemplating? Better speed it up.
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by DrGroove(f): 5:06pm On Jul 05, 2015
yemi1261:
My dear, I understand and share your pain, I suffer similar fate in the hand of my wife.
She is just too cold to me, nothing I do intrest her, we do not engage in any romantic play or discussion at home, everything is strictly formal, am a very passionate person as well. On several occasion, I have called her to talk over it but she just would not change.
Am contemplating cheating now cos am not enjoying her at all.for how long would I live with thisno love marriage?
Lol... If she was showing u love,u won't even contemplate cheating.u would cheated right away,rub it on her face to hurt her.Women are learning."Give men some space,dont show u love them no matter how deep,they will be worried n loyal".
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by yollychika(f): 5:13pm On Jul 05, 2015
I understand da way she feels about you, SHR DOESNT LOVE YOU
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by yollychika(f): 5:14pm On Jul 05, 2015
*SHE
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by loswhite(m): 5:16pm On Jul 05, 2015
coolsegun2002:
Ur case is a sensitive one..my mum is marriage counsellor nd she's been at it for 20yrs....I read someof her file cases anytime I visit her.to be candid ur case is a bit common..like u said ...u love her..u might need to do more dan u av done...like prayer...
Why?? It couldbe spiritual ..I saw one of the file cases after diliverance...the lady happen to have spiritual husband nd kids..making her share only her body sexuallly with her physical husband but not her heart.she wasn't even allowed to concieve orhave kids in this physical world according to her confessions..
2)Out of desperation some ladies just marry a guy cos time is rolling by nd all their friends are gettin married...without genuine love...its quite clear wateva someone does will be out of reluctancy....I'm not saying ur wife's case is either of the two I stated oooo...its just dat u need to do more than u are doing now I to win her heart..
like seriously? He needs to do more? Please it takes too to tangle. She needs to come out from her shell or loose her man.
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by amalder: 5:26pm On Jul 05, 2015
germainediva:
The best way to get any woman to love you is to ignore her...........women get irritated with too much attenntion
God bless you MAMA! My sis
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by harveyspec: 5:35pm On Jul 05, 2015
charlezok:
I am a 36 year old man in pretty good shape, 6'2" and good looking. I am a very affectionate and loving person, but my wife is not. I am always the one to initiate sex, hugs, kisses, or any type of physical contact. I don't understand why she's so cold to me. I love her with all my heart, but she is breaking me down. I have tried doing more of the housework, working out 5 days a week, anything I could think of to get her more interested in me but nothing works. She tells me that she loves me, but she doesn't make me feel loved at all. I want her to want to be with me without me asking her too. We have 2 kids that I am committed to being here for, so I am at a loss as to what I should do. Sorry for rambling, but a brother needs help here.

1. Has she always been like this? at the inception of the union or during courtship

2.if the answer to No1 is NO, start doing those things that used to thrill her & make her feel loved, this will only work on the grounds that there are no issues between you two

2a. If she is angry at you cos of what you did or did not do, then all ur entreaties will be irritating to her, so find out

2b. Find out is she is having any medical issues eg depression, is she in some kind of trouble, maybe money issues, is all well with her family etc

3.if the answer to No 1, is YES. Why then are you complaining?

4. I will recommend 5 love languages by Dr Gary chapman, go read it

It talks about how we give & show love, if you keep showing love to your wife the way u want & not how she wants, then ur efforts will be futile

eg some ladies feel loved when u spend quality with them, show them attention. If you substitute this action with gifts, you will find out no matter the gifts you buy, if you don't spend time with them it will mean nothing to them

You hear such women say" I want to spend time with my husband" while another says " my husband can travel all he wants, he should leave enough money for me & the kids"

there is nothing wrong with them, it's just their love language, so if u spend quality time with the one that loves money/gifts without the gift, all that time will amount to nothing

The love languages are

1.words of affirmation
2.gifts
3.acts of service
4.quality time
5.physical touch

Can you identify yours?
Can you identify that of your spouse?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by MarieSucre(f): 5:49pm On Jul 05, 2015
charlezok:
I am a 36 year old man in pretty good shape, 6'2" and good looking. I am a very affectionate and loving person, but my wife is not. I am always the one to initiate sex, hugs, kisses, or any type of physical contact. I don't understand why she's so cold to me. I love her with all my heart, but she is breaking me down. I have tried doing more of the housework, working out 5 days a week, anything I could think of to get her more interested in me but nothing works. She tells me that she loves me, but she doesn't make me feel loved at all. I want her to want to be with me without me asking her too. We have 2 kids that I am committed to being here for, so I am at a loss as to what I should do. Sorry for rambling, but a brother needs help here.
Na wa o. See home breakers o. The man never complained about his wife being rude or confrontational, she is just what Nigerians would call ' unromantic'. OP kudos for trying to get involved with your wife's activities. what I suggest in my humble opinion is you need a heart to heart talk with her. Why do I say so_ making it as a sort of ultimatum, subtly or not will create a robot wife and a robot relationship which might develop cracks when your wife is tired of pretending. Is there something that is going on in her life that you don't know that might be a factor? Are there somethings you might have been ignoring not deliberately because of work or other activities? Get involved with parts of her life and try to schedule a lot of activities you guys can enjoy together. Your wife might also be a victim of societal wide conditioning on notions of virtue, virginity and sexuality placed on girls resulting in her frigidity. In this case please seek the services of a professional therapists NOT YOUR PASTOR!! Best of luck on your journey to a fulfilling relationship with your wife.
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 05, 2015
Bro WORK it out with her. Attack d underlying issues

Do you live in Akwa Ibom State? Do you relish the desire to own your own business with little start up capital and promising returns in investment? Do you hope to look into the mirror each morning and know you are talking to the boss? Are you enterprising?/Would you love to be? Do you have an aptitude for thinking out of the box? Then call or add me up on whatsapp 08085188110. You will be glad you did
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by MarieSucre(f): 6:02pm On Jul 05, 2015
harveyspec:

1. Has she always been like this? at the inception of the union or during courtship

2.if the answer to No1 is NO, start doing those things that used to thrill her & make her feel loved, this will only work on the grounds that there are no issues between you two

2a. If she is angry at you cos of what you did or did not do, then all ur entreaties will be irritating to her, so find out

2b. Find out is she is having any medical issues eg depression, is she in some kind of trouble, maybe money issues, is all well with her family etc

3.if the answer to No 1, is YES. Why then are you complaining?

4. I will recommend 5 love languages by Dr Gary chapman, go read it

It talks about how we give & show love, if you keep showing love to your wife the way u want & not how she wants, then ur efforts will be futile

eg some ladies feel loved when u spend quality with them, show them attention. If you substitute this action with gifts, you will find out no matter the gifts you buy, if you don't spend time with them it will mean nothing to them

You hear such women say" I want to spend time with my husband" while another says " my husband can travel all he wants, he should leave enough money for me & the kids"

there is nothing wrong with them, it's just their love language, so if u spend quality time with the one that loves money/gifts without the gift, all that time will amount to nothing

The love languages are

1.words of affirmation
2.gifts
3.acts of service
4.quality time
5.physical touch

Can you identify yours?
Can you identify that of your spouse?
THANK YOU! Bro this is top notch comment. I wish this was on the first page. I hope he gets to read this before he reads any of the other filth. Pls keep it up.
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 05, 2015
otiigba1:
bia! nwayi oma! Kedu nke bukwa nkaa? Another woman's husband? tongue tongue grin grin grin odikwa risky! O! Anyway how you dey?

You disappeared embarassed

Lol I said I'll show him not that I'll touch him or do anything to him cheesy
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by ElFenomeno1: 6:16pm On Jul 05, 2015
Jacksparrow0712:
Grandpa, you can even satisfy your woman sexually at home that she's sleeping around with other men. You are here forming grandpa. Your matter need TB Joshua

The reason why your father is not your biological father
Your mother had to get spunked out by the village goat.... why you look like a troglodyte!
Brainless product of a reckless and unfortunate mating between a nymphomaniac mother and a randy goat
ashiere jatijati!
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Adeyeancah(m): 6:48pm On Jul 05, 2015
germainediva:
The best way to get any woman to love you is to ignore her...........women get irritated with too much attenntion
Too much attention u say. This is a married man for crying out loud...Do you think say na bf gf thingy ni?
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by otiigba1(m): 6:52pm On Jul 05, 2015
datalossvictim1:

You disappeared embarassed

Lol I said I'll show him not that I'll touch him or do anything to him cheesy
LOL okay o! Show him not touch him? Its not you i don't trust, its him.*jokes* hian! Russia kwa? Kedu ife i na eme na Russia? Abi you go see MR putin? grin grin
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 05, 2015
Epistle of a pained impotent who's wife has been sleeping around with potent neighbours cheesy grin
ElFenomeno1:

[s]The reason why your father is not your biological father
Your mother had to get spunked out by the village goat.... why you look like a troglodyte!
Brainless product of a reckless and unfortunate mating between a nymphomaniac mother and a randy goat
ashiere jatijati![/s]
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by bobojoshua(m): 7:16pm On Jul 05, 2015
germainediva:
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 05, 2015
Her ex is somewhere around the corner.
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by ElFenomeno1: 7:52pm On Jul 05, 2015
Jacksparrow0712:
I am a pained impotent dweeb whose wife has been sleeping around with potent neighbours cheesy grin

Fixed cool
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by pointzero30: 7:53pm On Jul 05, 2015
d same is applicable to me. mine was that my husband scared me away at d begging of our union dat he does not v time for me. he gives me everytin but did nt show me luv. I was pregnant he did nt show me luv during dat period. he send me away frm his room dat d bed (6 by 6)was nt enough 4 us at 7 months pregn. am a student in different state so we r always separate but whenever I visit he will always remind me to go bak. we v two children now, I luv him but .... there r many more to it. he is now asking me to com to his bed with two children n asking me when am finishing. but when a rope is cut to tie it is hard. he asks me why I dnt demons for sex and so many others. is a long story. pls ask ur self question if u r quilty for more call me at 08039546578.
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 05, 2015
At your old age, I think you can do better than this
ElFenomeno1:

Fixed cool
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by ElFenomeno1: 7:54pm On Jul 05, 2015
Adeyeancah:
Too much attention u say. This is a married man for crying out loud...Do you think say na bf gf thingy ni?

I wonder.
That does not apply to a marriage situation and on a general basis, it doesn't apply to all... some females love the attention like the air they breathe!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by ElFenomeno1: 7:55pm On Jul 05, 2015
pointzero30:
d same is applicable to me. mine was that my husband scared me away at d begging of our union dat he does not v time for me. he gives me everytin but did nt show me luv. I was pregnant he did nt show me luv during dat period. he send me away frm his room dat d bed (6 by 6)was nt enough 4 us at 7 months pregn. am a student in different state so we r always separate but whenever I visit he will always remind me to go bak. we v two children now, I luv him but .... there r many more to it. he is now asking me to com to his bed with two children n asking me when am finishing. but when a rope is cut to tie it is hard. he asks me why I dnt demons for sex and so many others. is a long story. pls ask ur self question if u r quilty for more call me at 08039546578.

Why you don't demons for sex? shocked
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by cococandy(f): 8:45pm On Jul 05, 2015
Try harder OP
The lord is your strength.
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Ayoolajumoke(f): 8:54pm On Jul 05, 2015
ROSSIKE:
There's no point 'discussing the situation' with your wife, op. If you have to ''discuss'' with your partner in order for her to show you basic affection, then there's really no point, as anything that comes out of that will likely be forced (pretence). Best thing is to get someone else to start some sort of relationship with and see how that goes. Don't be afraid to end the 'relationship' with your wife either.

You sound harsh, haba!

So, he should divorce his wife because of that when he can work things out?
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by ZianaJordana(f): 9:02pm On Jul 05, 2015
Hmm...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Is This Appropriate At The Children’s Playground? (Pics) / My Wife Poisoned My Mother With Salt / How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.