Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,590 members, 7,827,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment (3146 Views)

Buhari’s Directive On Salary Payment Impossible – AGF / Is Governor Umahi The Best Performing In Terms Of Salary Payment? / Aregbesola Commences Salary Payment, Cuts Pay Of Political Office Holders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by bawomolo(m): 10:41pm On Mar 05, 2009
Dis Guy:

They should introduce clocking in and clocking out cards too, or introduce a system that will calculate actual work done
so they can get paid accordingly-they should start paying them by the hour or the number of files they deal with! most civil servants are lazy and incompetent!

I totally agree. Payment by the hour and direct deposit makes sense.
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by StFunmi(f): 2:24am On Mar 06, 2009
I totally agree. Payment by the hour and direct deposit makes sense.
In Nigeria?. Hourly payments?. Na die be that one oh.
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by bawomolo(m): 2:30am On Mar 06, 2009
St.Funmi:

In Nigeria?. Hourly payments?. Na die be that one oh.

then what's the point of having unions if all they do is protest fuel prices?
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by Hauwa1: 11:29am On Mar 06, 2009
it would have been nice to have such system. how easy to do if only the henchmen would allow it.
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by PurestBoy(m): 12:26pm On Mar 06, 2009
When will someone stop being pessimist about this country?
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by fegflu: 1:32pm On Mar 06, 2009
Tallnaijaf,
Come to think of it oh. If banks are allow to run the system -like ur said with UBA- i think it will be a bit better. Maybe nigeria will be like britain- whose economy is runed by banks. Maybe we start havin bank holiday etc. If banks ar allowed to run nigeria- it may help. i dont know- but i think it will make sense a bit.
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by StFunmi(f): 6:39pm On Mar 06, 2009
Tallnaijaf,
Come to think of it oh. If banks are allow to run the system -like ur said with UBA- i think it will be a bit better. Maybe nigeria will be like britain- whose economy is runed by banks. Maybe we start havin bank holiday etc. If banks ar allowed to run nigeria- it may help. i dont know- but i think it will make sense a bit.
And if the banks collapse, Nigeria will also collapse?
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by StFunmi(f): 6:40pm On Mar 06, 2009

then what's the point of having unions if all they do is protest fuel prices?
What else do you want them to do?. Protest wages and how workers are treated in private companies?
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by Ellyptical: 8:42pm On Mar 06, 2009
@ Asha,
UNIDO (United Nations Industrial Development organization) flagged Nnewi for automobile ingenuity. If our govt was not lousy, Nnewi should have been the Japan of nigeria in terms of auto stuffs.
Peter Obi should build a steel factory if he has some ideas. The steel factory will boost automobile development a great deal.
Kudos about the epay system.
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by Uche2nna(m): 8:48pm On Mar 06, 2009
Ellyptical:

@ Asha,
UNIDO (United Nations Industrial Development organization) flagged Nnewi for automobile ingenuity. If our govt was not lousy, Nnewi should have been the Japan of nigeria in terms of auto stuffs.

Was Nnewi flagged cos of
A) Manufacturing
B) Assembling
C) Selling
D) or just repairing  undecided

I cant think of any automobile manufacturing plant in Nnewi but I do know of Innoson's plans. However, I dont think his plans included manufacturing. He was about to enter into some deal with some Chinese firm to start an ASSEMBLY PLANT in Nnewi. Dont know what happened to that tho.
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by Egouwa(m): 9:40pm On Mar 06, 2009
This a welcome development.
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by Theblessed(f): 12:24am On Mar 07, 2009
Automated Salary Payment: A phenomena? Has it come too soon??

Hmmm!!! Another masquerade for poor Nigerians though a good idea but not a priority at all and not what Nigerians need right now or is it?  So we should be glad for this development, should we? 

When will those that run Nigeria ever grow up?  And when will the Hausas and Yorubas who have been taking turns in running Nigeria down, realise how backwards they've pushed her for their own selfish gains since the civil war?  Thirty years on after this war,  Nigeria still has no effective infrastructures:  No respectable National Hospitals for a country with over 150 million people; the roads are in a sorry state and are still the way the British colonials left them.  The educational system is: zero - lecturer are still not getting paid/on time, students unrest, young people spend more than 8 years studying for a degree due to these unrest in the campuses (what a waste of their lives) yet, those running Nigeria and their supporter have all their children educated abroad in Britain, America with our money etc  Shame, shame, shame to all of you and they better believe it, their day shall come.
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by bawomolo(m): 12:38am On Mar 07, 2009
the priority argument is getting lame. some of you guys are plain cynical``
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by blacksta(m): 1:02am On Mar 07, 2009
bawomolo:

the priority argument is getting lame. some of you guys are plain cynical``

I disagree. Dont you feel that their are more pressing matters to deal with rather than spend millions on computer system that would not be maintained.
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by udezue(m): 1:49am On Mar 07, 2009
Nnewi ppl are well known for their ingenuity and talents. We should invest in that area. There was an Nnewi guy in ATL's UmuIgboUnite convention that displayed 4-cylinder engine designed by him.

Aba is also another place where we should tap into.
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by erico2k2(m): 6:43pm On Mar 07, 2009
cool stuff, for the benefits of those who dont know, the Uk as a whole has only two payment systems, one is BACS, I have forgotten the newer one, and just so you know just cos the UBA are at the fore front of it does not mean you need an account with them to benefit from this automated clearing system, you can submit any account number from any bank to your employer, ie its a third party infacstructure,they are only coniving with the UBA to make it work in Nigeria,typical example is when you bring your Tmobile from UK and it roams into Glo or Mtn,, in the developed world, this system was only available to governement workers, now it widely available to the public sector as well, all you have to do is sign in and you pay a small service charge to the company who renders/manage the infacstructure, so all workers get now is thier pay slip, and the money gets into thier respective bank accounts at a certain date in a month.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Doubts Over Integrity Of CBN Audit Persist / I Dont Care What You Say, Igbos Are The Majority In Nigeria / Would Sim Registration Eliminate Kidnapping In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.