Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,828 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment (3139 Views)

Buhari’s Directive On Salary Payment Impossible – AGF / Is Governor Umahi The Best Performing In Terms Of Salary Payment? / Aregbesola Commences Salary Payment, Cuts Pay Of Political Office Holders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by StFunmi(f): 8:59am On Mar 05, 2009

Anambra introduces automated salary payment

Written by Vincent Ujumadu
Wednesday, March 4, 2009

ANAMBRA State government has introduced a centralized automated salary payment system for its workforce. The State Head of Service, Mrs. Ngozi Melifeonwu who disclosed this while briefing newsmen at the state secretariat complex in Awka yesterday, said that the new scheme, which would be provided by the United Bank for Africa (UBA), will provide accurate data base for all aspects of personnel, financial planning and administration.

According to her, the scheme would use interswitch facilities to be provided by the bank, adding that with it, workers could direct that their salaries be paid into their accounts in any bank in the country.

She said that apart from eliminating delays in remitting salaries of workers, it would remove fraudulent activities in the payment of salaries.

The Head of Service also said that the state government would collaborate with the USA computer giant, Microsoft, to provide information and communication development for its civil service.

She urged workers to reciprocate Governor Peter Obi’s gesture of making the welfare of workers a top priority, adding that he has increased workers salary four times and paid arrears of leave allowances, paid 23 months arrears of call duty allowances owed medical and dental practitioners and other health practitioners amounting to more than N477million.

Other gestures include payment of arrears of funeral benefits in respect of deceased officers abandoned over the years by successive governments and sustained capacity building programmes for all cadres of workers for increased productivity, effectiveness and efficiency.

In addition, she said, workers now operate in comfortable environment provided by Governor Obi who built the first secretariat complex in the state.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/mar/4/309.html
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by Afam4eva(m): 9:34am On Mar 05, 2009
It's good development.They are the best technologically, so, they should e setting the pace.
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by Afam(m): 12:19pm On Mar 05, 2009
afam4eva:

It's good development.They are the best technologically, so, they should e setting the pace.

Who are the they?

UBA?

Interswitch?

The workers?

Microsoft?

The people of Anambra State?
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by Afam4eva(m): 12:39pm On Mar 05, 2009
@ Afam

I mean that they are more into technological development than other states.

Do u know that automobiles are made in Anambra.
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by asha80(m): 12:44pm On Mar 05, 2009
@ Afam

I mean that they are more into technological development than other states.

Do u know that automobiles are made in Anambra.

Since when
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by Afam4eva(m): 12:54pm On Mar 05, 2009
asha 80:

Since when

It means you've been living in the dark.
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by Helmet: 1:03pm On Mar 05, 2009
Hope this will bring sanity in the labour, reduce Ghost-workers' chances to a large extent.
Advice is that the system should be given adequate performance-proof test periodically; can cause a system generated fraud if not properly managed.

A good invention.

Awka don come with another 'ogbunigwe' & 'ozigbo-ozigbo working god' technology!
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by MrCrackles(m): 1:04pm On Mar 05, 2009
Topic

Good news

We welcome the idea of BACS as it is long overdue

Other states and employers of labour should follow suit, if they havnt

Hopefully fraud boys and incompetent technology maintenance wont derail the whole idea
! cheesy
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by asha80(m): 1:05pm On Mar 05, 2009
@afam4eva

Be serious.E le mgbe ka bidoro?
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by Afam4eva(m): 1:07pm On Mar 05, 2009
asha 80:

@afam4eva

Be serious.E le mgbe ka bidoro?

I'm not talking about the government, but the Nnewi people.
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by Kitomania(m): 1:09pm On Mar 05, 2009
I believe that the automated payment it is a good start for the Anambrerians which is more less like the e-payment recently introduced by the Fed Government of Nigeria which i believe too was solely aim at checking Management fraud on workers pay which is now a welcome development for the workers across the ministries parastatels, agencies and extra ministries dept to works sure of getting there pay even thus some agencies, depts and ministries are still expierencing some difficulties with the e-payment which might possibly be as a result of their accounting sections inability to compleyed with the e-payment standard, lastly there is the for closed audit of the whole process in order to checked sharp practice which has been the tradition `where u dey work na diye u go shoup` Joint Federal Audit Team or Group in place.
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by tboy1(m): 1:12pm On Mar 05, 2009
@ Poster

Very Good News
Hope all states follow this method of payment

MrCrackles:

Hopefully fraud boys and incompetent technology maintenance wont derail the whole idea
! cheesy
Its not the fraud boys we should b worried bout, its the state dept creating spoof workers
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by asha80(m): 1:14pm On Mar 05, 2009
@afam4eva

I am not entirely living in the dark.I know about Innoson group and their plant in nnewi for manufacturing of cars but i am not yet sure if it has started functioning.
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by Afam4eva(m): 1:19pm On Mar 05, 2009
asha 80:

@afam4eva

I am not entirely living in the dark.I know about Innoson group and their plant in nnewi for manufacturing of cars but i am not yet sure if it has started functioning.

I know of a guy in Nnewi, can't remember his name right now. He makes cars and sells, though in small quantities.
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by asha80(m): 1:23pm On Mar 05, 2009
@afam4eva

What kind of cars?
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by Afam4eva(m): 1:28pm On Mar 05, 2009
asha 80:

@afam4eva

What kind of cars?

What do you mean? The brand?
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by MrCrackles(m): 1:29pm On Mar 05, 2009
tboy1:

Its not the fraud boys we should b worried bout, its the state dept creating spoof workers

Fraud boys should be a source of worry to because at the end of the day, they work with spoof and fictitious workers creators

Ghost workers cant be eradicated at the moment, payments will still be made to "them" but hopefully the process can keep it to a lowest minimum

As long as the technology is effective and running smoothly coupled with the fact that everyone is happy, then its all kosher
! cheesy
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by asha80(m): 1:29pm On Mar 05, 2009
@afam4eva

Yes brand?
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by tboy1(m): 1:36pm On Mar 05, 2009
MrCrackles:

Fraud boys should be a source of worry to because at the end of the day, they work with spoof and fictitious workers creators
Ghost workers cant be eradicated at the moment, payments will still be made to "them" but hopefully the process can keep it to a lowest minimum
As long as the technology is effective and running smoothly coupled with the fact that everyone is happy, then its all kosher
! cheesy
Believe me brov, when it comes to state govt, fraud boys are the least of ur worries
Still a good move by the govt
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by Afam4eva(m): 1:37pm On Mar 05, 2009
asha 80:

@afam4eva

Yes brand?

I don't know the name of his brand.
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by fesse(f): 1:58pm On Mar 05, 2009
good development for them.
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by fegflu: 4:22pm On Mar 05, 2009
ahhh owigbo. automated payment ke! i smell something dodgy in it oh. why will igbo be d first to implement it.
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by Kobojunkie: 4:28pm On Mar 05, 2009
Kitomania:

I believe that the automated payment it is a good start for the Anambrerians which is more less like the e-payment recently introduced by the Fed Government of Nigeria which i believe too was solely aim at checking Management fraud on workers pay which is now a welcome development for the workers across the ministries parastatels, agencies and extra ministries dept to works sure of getting there pay even thus some agencies, depts and ministries are still expierencing some difficulties with the e-payment which might possibly be as a result of their accounting sections inability to compleyed with the e-payment standard, lastly there is the for closed audit of the whole process in order to checked sharp practice which has been the tradition `where u dey work na diye u go shoup` Joint Federal Audit Team or Group in place.
By the way, how is the Federal government’s e-Payment project working out? Any signs that it is working? Are civilians getting their pay? Has there been any reports on how the new idea is changing things? Any news at all??
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by presido1: 4:33pm On Mar 05, 2009
fegflu:

ahhh owigbo. automated payment ke! i smell something dodgy in it oh. why will igbo be d first to implement it.
Hahahahaha dis is what we get when cyber cafes give free internet time in some neighbourhood.
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by sinaayo(f): 4:41pm On Mar 05, 2009
How I wish  Oyo State can copy from this, ideal
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by fegflu: 4:44pm On Mar 05, 2009
Presido1,
What do u meanby Cybercafe give free airtime?
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by presido1: 4:54pm On Mar 05, 2009
fegflu:

Presido1,
What do u meanby Cybercafe give free airtime?
That u understand
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 05, 2009
In my thinking, this is primarily an issue of greater convenience for the workers. They receive their money faster.

However, I don't see how it reduces 'fraudulent activities'. It merely introduces a new playing field cool. Commendable development though.

asha 80:
Yes brand?

Lamborghini grin grin
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by StFunmi(f): 7:20pm On Mar 05, 2009
How I wish  Oyo State can copy from this, ideal
You want your pay check on time?.How will the issuing banks make their profit then off loans?
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by tallnaijaf: 8:03pm On Mar 05, 2009
fegflu:

You are correct!!!
There is something fishy, its called corruption.
Here is how it works: The UBA will have exclusivity when it comes to new State  Workers and their accounts.
Meaning that anyone working for the state will have a UBA account!!! be they old or new.
This in turn mean that State funds will flow directly to UBA as they(State) will have to have an existing account.
In instances where the State have insufficient funds to make payments to workers, then the UBA, will be able to charge
exorbitant interest on the overdraft.
In short, its not for the convenience of the workers, but to give a competitive edge to the Bank, and increase their profit margins.
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by StFunmi(f): 8:26pm On Mar 05, 2009
fegflu:

Roflmao grin grin grin grin
Re: Anambra Introduces Automated Salary Payment by DisGuy: 9:01pm On Mar 05, 2009
They should introduce clocking in and clocking out cards too, or introduce a system that will calculate actual work done
so they can get paid accordingly-they should start paying them by the hour or the number of files they deal with! most civil servants are lazy and incompetent!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures Of Lagos Husters Answering To The Call Of Nature / I Dont Care What You Say, Igbos Are The Majority In Nigeria / Germany To Boost Nigeria Power Sector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.