Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,918 members, 7,824,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

An Open Letter To Dele Momodu On Mr Rauf Aregbesola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To Dele Momodu On Mr Rauf Aregbesola (637 Views)

Grave Of Saratu Aregbesola, Governor Rauf Aregbesola's Mother (Photos) / Governor Rauf Aregbesola Swears In Commissioners& S.A (see Full List) / Rauf Aregbesola Celebrates His 60th Birthday By Walking On The Streets (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Dele Momodu On Mr Rauf Aregbesola by BestGovernance(f): 12:12pm On Jul 05, 2015
RE: Governor Rauf Aregbesola should be praised ...not victimised

Dear Egbon Dele,

Egbon Dele, Egbon Dele, Egbon Dele, I mentioned your name three times to emphasise my disappointment sequel to your above tagged article.

I started pitching tent with you on national discourse when you commented on NASS leadership against Tinubu's chess board but on this subject you were neither factual nor human.

In fact, I'm still doubting if you wrote this piece yourself. I want to ask you if you were accentuating financial recklessness, government profligacy and economy terrorism bewildering Osun workers or answering to brown envelope from a failed government. To be candid your points were fantasies, unfounded and disjointed when compare with reality.

Firstly, you made us believed that developmental projects carried out by Governor Rauf were enough to tag as good governance. Then I will ask you if aesthetic projects should be considered against economical viability ones or of what benefit is taking loans to plant flowers along highway to common man along the street. Let me inform you that none of these projects was carried out without loans and the hour of repayment met the state unaware. Today, if FAAC is distributing allocation, Osun will still be second to the last on the table and this is not far from the truth that creditors will first collect their shares with remnant left for your friend. "As Yoruba will say that to eat pork is easier than to pay for it."

Secondly, you added insult to injury by coining Osun workers as 1% that is gulping N3.6b monthly. It seems you forgot that your friend and his appointees bills take largest chunk of what you called inappropriate wage bill. Now to the N3.6b, if you multiply it by 12, it gives N43.2b annually but there was no year Osun state spent above N36b on wage bill according to your friend, the governor.

Also, let me teach you basic economics you failed to understand about 1%. Your 1% determine how cash flow in the state as you don't just dash money to populace, the 1% will pay rents, transport fares, school fees to private schools your friend is taxing, patronise market women and artisans. This is how everyone smile in the society. Beside all these, larger part of your friend's IGR comes from tax deduct from salaries of 1%.

You made it worse again by telling your sister to be patient in hunger and deprivation caused by your friend's ineptitude about governance. It was your friend that turn your sister and others to refugees. You even stated free meal as a big deal, Oyinlola started it without any cause for alarm.

To your OPON IMO, how can a state like Osun that is solely surviving by allocation spent her 2 to 3 months allocation on such project. The so called opon imo can hardly be found among students, it was distributed to SSS2 students in major cities only.
Even as rich as Lagos is, that cannot be embarked on.

Egbon Dele, your friend is using Lagos template in Osun forgetting that dog has been a domestic pal for years when monkey was still in the bush. Lagos generates about N300b annually against annual budget of about N400b to N450b while Osun generates N8.5b against annual budget of over N220b. May be you should help us ask your friend how he catapulted annual budget from Oyinlola's annual budget of N88b in 2011 to what it is now or workers salaries have been doubled. In this year budget approved in the state, your friend has 19 agencies under his office only that will take N18b instead of merging MDAs and reducing appointees to cut cost of governance.

Egbon Dele, you will need to recall your article and apologise to Osun people for mocking them unknowingly. We don't compare evil with evil to rejoice over our weakness, truly your friend has failed as he confessed it that he is helpless and the issue is beyond him.
So nobody is demonising your friend as you have claimed, he brought it on himself.

Let me close by laughing in Chinese to your praise admonition as we don't need to hire drum, your friend has built tallest drum in the universe for us to dance to.

May God help Nigeria, happy sunday.

By Sam Obi
On behalf of
Good Governance Advocates

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Dele Momodu On Mr Rauf Aregbesola by DickDastardly(m): 12:15pm On Jul 05, 2015
Sam Obi? Another useless Joe Igboke in the making?
Whats your business in far away Osun politics
Re: An Open Letter To Dele Momodu On Mr Rauf Aregbesola by frankzone: 12:17pm On Jul 05, 2015
Osun people don suffer!
Re: An Open Letter To Dele Momodu On Mr Rauf Aregbesola by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 05, 2015
dear Dickdastadly or whatever you call yourself..
well, your username says it all.. if you are looking for unmerited fame or social media attention, i'd advise you don't do it the wrong way..
Though some of your points are justified and evidently speaking, candid but it would be hazardous and unprofessional to go by this way of reasoning..
all Is have to say in a nutshell is, Egbon Dele Momodu is not your mate, always bear that in mind when you want to address him.. and to osun state government and her governor, i think he's right... find a solution to this problem.. the masses are suffering..
Re: An Open Letter To Dele Momodu On Mr Rauf Aregbesola by oduastates: 2:32pm On Jul 05, 2015
sam obi na correct mumu.
he should bother himself with ebonyi and nit talk about what he does not know.
this goes back to the issue of the structure of the country.
osun state is one of the top 7 most populous states in the country( disregarding the fake census) . even at that , it collects one of the lowest from the centre considering the state's cobtribirion to vat(sales tax),fuel tax and reparation from the diaspora.
in spite of this , the state runs 3 different universities and has the largest school enrolment figures as a proportion of the population .
the arrested development which resulted from ironsi unitary decree will one say be solved by an independent oduastates

(1) (Reply)

Referendum :should Population Census Hold Come 2016 / ANTI-GAY LAW: We’ll Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Law – United States / As We Say "One Nigeria"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.