Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,403 members, 7,815,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (692273 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by bobojoshua(m): 4:44pm On May 14, 2016
ceejay80s:

Solar charge controller price

12v 10 amp solar charge controller= 6k

20amp 12v / 24v. With usb = 8k

30amp 12v / 24v =8k
30amp 12v / 24v with usb = 10k

30amp 48v =11k
Call chidisam venture 08033308811
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pat077: 8:35pm On May 14, 2016
sentix:

Arena Shopping complex Oshodi
price?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by scampy(m): 12:02am On May 15, 2016
ceejay80s:
some of u are buying solar charge controller at an expensive price....

I will update u with latest and cheaper price of solar charge controller

Soon, so if u are about to buy, just hold on for me, then compare my price and others

Happy Nairaland Birthday, LLNP. where the party @?

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by temizeee(m): 12:19am On May 15, 2016
Happy 10 years anniversary @ceejay80s u will live more to celebrate more..... More power more battery amps more greenlife
Na mtn i dey use o, 07069461846.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by 9ijaprince(m): 3:54am On May 15, 2016
Happy nairaland birthday my ceejay, more better things to come.

Airtel 07082252821

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by sentix(m): 5:49am On May 15, 2016
Happy birthday ceejay 08023192283

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 8:08am On May 15, 2016
scampy:

Happy Nairaland Birthday, LLNP. where the party @? 07069744259
Thanks ,airtime sent
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 8:09am On May 15, 2016
temizeee:
Happy 10 years anniversary @ceejay80s u will live more to celebrate more..... More power more battery amps more greenlife
Na mtn i dey use o, 07069461846.

Thanks ,airtime sent
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 8:09am On May 15, 2016
sentix:
Happy birthday ceejay 08023192283

Thanks ,airtime sent
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by sentix(m): 8:12am On May 15, 2016
ceejay80s:

Thanks ,airtime sent

Ceejay confirm.

May God blessings and protection always be with you and your family. Happy birthdays

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Allem(m): 8:15am On May 15, 2016
happy Nairaland birthday ceejay. wish you all the best.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by temizeee(m): 8:18am On May 15, 2016
ceejay80s:

Thanks ,airtime sent
#confirmed!!! Thanks v. Much

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by scampy(m): 8:20am On May 15, 2016
ceejay80s:
Thanks ,airtime sent
Thanks so much. Airtime received.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by koolsammie(m): 9:16am On May 15, 2016
Happy Birthday to the most wonderful guy I encountered on nairaland. More grace, peace, joy, and more of God's blessings on ur life.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by sentix(m): 9:20am On May 15, 2016
Oga ceejay
any cheap list for solar, possibly single panel for small setup like mine
introduction to solar system pricelist
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 9:33am On May 15, 2016
koolsammie:
Happy Birthday to the most wonderful guy I encountered on nairaland. More grace, peace, joy, and more of God's blessings on ur life.

Thanks, but I said 3 people, I don send recharge to 4 people now and u making the 5th person,
I have sent ur airtime to u

Airtime don finish o, if anybody else drops phone number here ,I will ignore

3 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 10:43am On May 15, 2016
sentix:
Oga ceejay
introduction to solar system pricelist
Possible
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 11:30am On May 15, 2016
sentix:
Oga ceejay

introduction to solar system
pricelist

If u already haVe ur battery, inverter or ups, all u need now is only mono solar panel and charge controller ,buy the 30amp,
How many amp hour is ur battery?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by odimbannamdi(m): 11:26pm On May 15, 2016
Oga Ceejay! This is Nnamdi, the guy that came to your place last year about your Hard Disk and later directed a guy to you.

Longest time. Money been scarce for my hand, na im make i no later show. No vex for me abeg.

I intend procuring the local inverter setup by next week and my budget is 25k. Do you think it will be enough to procure the smart charger, 75AH battery, UPS, fan (the one you showed me at your place) and other paraphernalia?

Please advise. Thank you

Also, what is the power of that your small TV?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by odimbannamdi(m): 11:31pm On May 15, 2016
dgbanj:
I want to sell my mini setup. If interested call 08104123540
what are the spec of the setup's constituents? and why do you want to sell it?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by odimbannamdi(m): 11:42pm On May 15, 2016
Can a solar set-up actually power appliances such as fridges and irons for a long time?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by wolero7(m): 11:47pm On May 15, 2016
odimbannamdi:
Oga Ceejay! This is Nnamdi, the guy that came to your place last year about your Hard Disk and later directed a guy to you.

Longest time. Money been scarce for my hand, na im make i no later show. No vex for me abeg.

I intend procuring the local inverter setup by next week and my budget is 25k. Do you think it will be enough to procure the smart charger, 75AH battery, UPS, fan (the one you showed me at your place) and other paraphernalia?

Please advise. Thank you

Also, what is the power of that your small TV?
If you have been following this thread, you'll know 25k can't do what you intend. And moreso ceejay do not procure setup for people again. It is now do It yourself. You should have taking the opportunity when It was there.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by odimbannamdi(m): 11:48pm On May 15, 2016
saint2ace:

codemaster2much, the answer is yes it does impact on your nepa bills because there's an appreciable pull when the inverter or ur external charger draws electricity to charge ur batteries; depending on the state of charge of the batteries the pull could either be high or low. If the batteries are deeply discharged then the pull is highest than when it's slightly discharged.

But the truth is that pple with prepaid meters would feel it more as those using analogue meters will still get estimated bills and so it's all good for them.

To understand what am saying use ur generator as a reference point, do u notice the pull when u charge ur batteries using either ur inverter, external charger or both; it's not a funny experience oh, my generator now burns 10ltrs of fuel in 6-7hrs, but the good thing is that the power takes me through for 24hrs with my fridge always on. So yes oh, there will be a SIGNIFICANT increase in ur electricity bills.

But look at it this way, it's almost the same amount u would spend if the power is always on, so what u're doing is putting the power into the batteries and using it when there's no power. As simple as that, hope i've answered ur question

If this is the case, i think a high-end inverter setup would be ideal for people who uses estimated nepa billing system (like mine) where what you consume is not what you pay for. Otherwise, maybe people with such setups should charge with generators.

what do you think
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by odimbannamdi(m): 12:33am On May 16, 2016
wolero7:

If you have been following this thread, you'll know 25k can't do what you intend. And moreso ceejay do not procure setup for people again. It is now do It yourself. You should have taking the opportunity when It was there.

I appreciate your timely response, bro, but it wasnt helpful.

If you felt 25k wouldnt be sufficient, you should simply have said so straight up instead of saying "If you have been following this thread..." You just want to incite prospective commenters to refer me to previous posts.

Also, i never asked Ceejay to procure the items on my behalf. Read my post well. Besides, even if i do, it wouldnt be out of place, afterall i know him in person.

Finally, if i had the means, do you think i would have waited this long to procure the items myself or through Ceejay??

If you have nothing helpful to say, it wouldnt hurt to just pass

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 6:44am On May 16, 2016
odimbannamdi:

If this is the case, i think a high-end inverter setup would be ideal for people who uses estimated nepa billing system (like mine) where what you consume is not what you pay for. Otherwise, maybe people with such setups should charge with generators.

what do you think

That would be the ideal situation esp if power cost is a priority but all things being equal it's still cheaper charging from the grid than with ur gen. Fuel price no be here oh.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by wolero7(m): 8:21am On May 16, 2016
odimbannamdi:

I appreciate your timely response, bro, but it wasnt helpful.

If you felt 25k wouldnt be sufficient, you should simply have said so straight up instead of saying "If you have been following this thread..." You just want to incite prospective commenters to refer me to previous posts.

Also, i never asked Ceejay to procure the items on my behalf. Read my post well. Besides, even if i do, it wouldnt be out of place, afterall i know him in person.

Finally, if i had the means, do you think i would have waited this long to procure the items myself or through Ceejay??

If you have nothing helpful to say, it wouldnt hurt to just pass

Apologies. Just that sometimes i pity the Op.

3 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by odimbannamdi(m): 10:41am On May 16, 2016
wolero7:

Apologies. Just that sometimes i pity the Op.

Apologies accepted bro. No hard feelings.

Have you set yours up?

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by temizeee(m): 1:06pm On May 16, 2016
Is yr ups getting damn hot? Or you don't like the way u open d cover check out new mthd to position cooling fan to yr setup... It's cool visit https://www.nairaland.com/1389975/worlds-smallest-power-inverter/25
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by sentix(m): 3:57pm On May 16, 2016
ceejay80s:

If u already haVe ur battery, inverter or ups, all u need now is only mono solar panel and charge controller ,buy the 30amp,
How many amp hour is ur battery?

right now 82a battery but hoping to add 2 more

but can 25k cover the panel and pwm charger
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by odimbannamdi(m): 10:01am On May 17, 2016
has anyone bought a 40 or 75ah battery and at least 20amps smart charger of recent?

if yes, how much did it cost u?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by heydora: 10:57am On May 17, 2016
Hi guys, Pls I need your advice.
Just procured the ffg
- 1.5va 24v inverter
- 2 x 220ah tubular batteries
To charge this I supported it with 2 x 250 watts solar panels and 40A PWC controller.
My observation : battery never fully charged with a load of a mid size freezer from 8am- 4m.

Pls what do I need to add for battery to be fully charged for evening according to the above.
An mppt controller or additional solar panels.

Thnks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by laposta: 11:35am On May 17, 2016
heydora:
Hi guys, Pls I need your advice.
Just procured the ffg
- 1.5va 24v inverter
- 2 x 220ah tubular batteries
To charge this I supported it with 2 x 250 watts solar panels and 40A PWC controller.
My observation : battery never fully charged with a load of a mid size freezer from 8am- 4m.

Pls what do I need to add for battery to be fully charged for evening according to the above.
An mppt controller or additional solar panels.
Thnks

A MMPT controller will you you a lot of good. That's the first step before attempting to increase anything. the max you'll get out of your solar panels is around 14A. Solar panel will put out 36v, 14A. PWC controller brings that down to 24v, 14A

Your freezer (I assume around 100w) will be taking around 5A from the array,, leaving you with a mere 24v 8A to charge your batteries. It will take you around 25 hours of sunshine hours to fully charge your batteries.

A MMPT controller will take your 36v, 14A and concert it to 24v, 21A. If you take out the 5A the freezer runs on, you'll be left with 16A which will fully charge your battery in about 13 hours of sunshine.

If you want to take your expansion further than that, you'll need to add two more solar panels.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (356) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.