Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (692358 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by heydora: 11:51am On May 17, 2016
Thanks @laposta been thinking wht the installer went for PWC instead the agreed MPPT...will work on your suggestion .
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mukhcech(m): 1:00pm On May 17, 2016
heydora:
Thanks @laposta been thinking wht the installer went for PWC instead the agreed MPPT...will work on your suggestion .

how much did he charge you for not serving pwc charge controller. Hope he hasnt ripped u off on the component.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by heydora: 1:25pm On May 17, 2016
HE COLLECTED 25K FOR THE 40A PWM CONTROLLER BUT MAY HE HAVE MADE SOME CHANGE ON THE OTHER COMPONENTS. i dont really care how much he made but seeing that the specification is not met is what baffles me....for that 500watts panel and 440v battery bank i wanted an MPPT
charger.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by sentix(m): 3:43pm On May 17, 2016
gurus simple question abeg
12 Volts or 24 volts
any advantage or disadvantage
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kio052001(m): 4:59pm On May 17, 2016
gurus is it true that the charger built into an inverter is only allowed 10% of the inverter's watt I.e an inverter with 2000watts comes with a charger of 20A, 1500watts comes 15A
or
is it possible to increase the amp of the charger without getting a standalone charger

thank u
in advance
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by timifakay(m): 6:01pm On May 17, 2016
sentix:
gurus simple question abeg

12 Volts or 24 volts

any advantage or disadvantage

The higher the voltage, the lesser the resistance over long distance... So for large battery banks, higher voltage configuration is always preferred.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by sentix(m): 6:52pm On May 17, 2016
timifakay:

The higher the voltage, the lesser the resistance over long distance... So for large battery banks, higher voltage configuration is always preferred.

two batteries 12v
more than 2 then 24v

abi
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by timifakay(m): 8:55pm On May 17, 2016
sentix:

two batteries 12v more than 2 then 24v
abi
The common (200ah, 100ah) deep cycle batteries usually come as 12v oh
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by elvis10ten(m): 10:47pm On May 17, 2016
Hi solar gurus/users,

Am thinking of building a cheap solar system with the following:

1) a 100 watt solar panel
2) 100ah battery (or less)
3) 500w inverter
4) charge controller (the cheaper ones).

My budget is about 60k and I only want to charge a laptop. I need advice on the setup ? Things I can add or remove ? And how long will it take to charge the 100ah battery (estimate).
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by elvis10ten(m): 6:49am On May 18, 2016
Will also like to know where to buy the solar items online or in port Harcourt ? Want to use konga, but will appreciate a cheaper alternative. Thanks.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 2:48pm On May 18, 2016
nothing is better than having 24hrs electricity. i manage my power consumption so well that my batteries have never exceeded 50%, it av never gone below 24v. it seems i have to buy a 5000watts stablizer cos the light in my area is always low to charge the batteries fast and well. this heavy duty inverter am using have already damaged a 2000watts stablizer connected to it cry cry

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by sentix(m): 3:23pm On May 18, 2016
hi

I need a solar panel and controller than can charge my 80am battery bank for like 20k

abeg make una help o
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 6:53pm On May 18, 2016
Valto:
nothing is better than having 24hrs electricity. i manage my power consumption so well that my batteries have never exceeded 50%, it av never gone below 24v. it seems i have to buy a 5000watts stablizer cos the light in my area is always low to charge the batteries fast and well . this heavy duty inverter am using have already damaged a 2000watts stablizer connected to it cry cry

Thank God say u see low current, since last week thursday na only 3hrs of light I don see since last week thursday till today, I thank God say my inverter and 10w fan still dey work till now and my ups refuse to beep, I happy for this my setup, and I also thank saint2ace for the 100ah battery, na for my house the whole street dey charge phone now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by sensisosu: 7:33pm On May 18, 2016
Hello House,

I should have found this thread earlier, maybe my life would have been easier by now... I have a 3.5kva sukham inverter with 4 tubular batteries which aren't giving me as much satisfaction that i want. I decided to complement my system by purchasing 6 panels of 250 watts mono solar panels and epever 60amps charge controller.

What i noticed today was that PHCN decided to give us electricity for 4 hours today from 8am to 12pm and my batteries were fully charged at 57volt. as of this moment which is 7 hours later, my battery voltage is at 49volt and the charge controller is showing that the battery % is at 15%.

Please this is completely new to me and I would appreciate if anyone could enlighten me about the system, what are the problems and what should be the solutions.

Thank you
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 9:15pm On May 18, 2016
sensisosu:
Hello House,

I should have found this thread earlier, maybe my life would have been easier by now... I have a 3.5kva sukham inverter with 4 tubular batteries which aren't giving me as much satisfaction that i want. I decided to complement my system by purchasing 6 panels of 250 watts mono solar panels and epever 60amps charge controller.

What i noticed today was that PHCN decided to give us electricity for 4 hours today from 8am to 12pm and my batteries were fully charged at 57volt. as of this moment which is 7 hours later, my battery voltage is at 49volt and the charge controller is showing that the battery % is at 15%.

Please this is completely new to me and I would appreciate if anyone could enlighten me about the system, what are the problems and what should be the solutions.

Thank you
u dont always have to trust the % displayed on solar charger controller. if your sukam inverter comes with full lcd display like mine, i believe the battery % will be more accurate. but 1500watts solar panels and 60amps mppt is enough to charge your batteries full every day and still u will still av a little more to run during the day. depends on how much load u put on your inverter too.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by odimbannamdi(m): 7:10am On May 19, 2016
Valto:
nothing is better than having 24hrs electricity. i manage my power consumption so well that my batteries have never exceeded 50%, it av never gone below 24v. it seems i have to buy a 5000watts stablizer cos the light in my area is always low to charge the batteries fast and well. this heavy duty inverter am using have already damaged a 2000watts stablizer connected to it cry cry

na wa for this life ooo

See as i dey here dey think of to scratch like 30k buy set up with battery of 75ah, guys don dey talk about 24hrs electricity and 5000watts stabilizer. God go help of us oo.

Oga Valto, our nairaland brother, sow seed for boys' life na

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 9:35am On May 19, 2016
odimbannamdi:

na wa for this life ooo

See as i dey here dey think of to scratch like 30k buy set up with battery of 75ah, guys don dey talk about 24hrs electricity and 5000watts stabilizer. God go help of us oo.

Oga Valto, our nairaland brother, sow seed for boys' life na
lolz, if i tell u how many yrs i saved to get this my about 400k setup, u go fear.. grin i av to spend such cos with a 24v 3000watts rubitec inverter with full lcd display, i only need to be adding batteries later, not upgrading to higher inverter. my pocket is red now, but the investment is really worth it smiley

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mukhcech(m): 3:27pm On May 19, 2016
Valto:
lolz, if i tell u how many yrs i saved to get this my about 400k setup, u go fear.. grin i av to spend such cos with a 24v 3000watts rubitec inverter with full lcd display, i only need to be adding batteries later, not upgrading to higher inverter. my pocket is red now, but the investment is really worth it smiley

once I sell that my mama land wey I dey talk about. I will contact you so that can refer me to where u got u equipments.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by bigt2(m): 3:40pm On May 19, 2016
mukhcech:

once I sell that my mama land wey I dey talk about. I will contact you so that can refer me to where u got u equipments.
grin
Just lol grin
M seriously lol ing... grin

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 3:43pm On May 19, 2016
mukhcech:

grin grin grin
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by talk2dre(m): 4:44pm On May 19, 2016
fixedhollies:
Mine is not so hard.... I have no engineering knowledge but iI came out with this.

One ipo4 battery
200watt inverter imported with 3k

It powers my energy saving bulb and listen to music with wover for 7hrs

Please where can I get that type of battery?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 19, 2016
i like this thread. i have budgeted about 80k for this setup next month. it is worth it.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 3:24am On May 20, 2016
Valto:

400k ?

For this hard time of change? that na money for one small toyota camry, People get money o!!!!!
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by odimbannamdi(m): 6:48am On May 20, 2016
ceejay80s:

400k ?

For this hard time of change? that na money for one small toyota camry, People get money o!!!!!

LOL...oga Ceejay, you funny oo.

So if person give you 400k now, you go use am go buy motor.

The money wey you go spend on fuel within 3months go reach you to buy another motor.

Infact, the latest swear now na "may you buy motor very soon", because after person buy motor finish, na bankruptcy go follow next grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by odimbannamdi(m): 6:51am On May 20, 2016
Valto:

lol,

its really worth it oo. I will do mine small small. I will first start with say 40 or 75AH, smart charger and UPS. Then i will increase subsequently, adding a new component once every 2months.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 7:35am On May 20, 2016
odimbannamdi:

LOL...oga Ceejay, you funny oo.

So if person give you 400k now, you go use am go buy motor.

The money wey you go spend on fuel within 3months go reach you to buy another motor.

Infact, the latest swear now na "may you buy motor very soon", because after person buy motor finish, na bankruptcy go follow next grin grin grin

Lol lol and lol
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 12:22pm On May 20, 2016
odimbannamdi:

lol,

its really worth it oo. I will do mine small small. I will first start with say 40 or 75AH, smart charger and UPS. Then i will increase subsequently, adding a new component once every 2months.

yeah thats the way.. i never bought all at once.. i first bought 30A battery charger, 1500watts car inverter and 200amps battery worth 87k, after one month i bought 30amps charge controller and 200watts panel worth 45k, then after 3weeks bought another 200watts panel and 30amp mppt charge controller worth 83k, then 3weeks later i went for the final kill for now. a brand new rubitec 3000watts pure sine wave wall mounted inverter, a roll of 4mm flexible wire and a 200amps battery worth about 175k.. so in all it took me almost 3months to get all..i wouldnt have been able to spend all at once. right now no more additions..
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by odimbannamdi(m): 12:47pm On May 20, 2016
Valto:
yeah thats the way.. i never bought all at once.. i first bought 30A battery charger, 1500watts car inverter and 200amps battery worth 87k, after one month i bought 30amps charge controller and 200watts panel worth 45k, then after 3weeks bought another 200watts panel and 30amp mppt charge controller worth 83k, then 3weeks later i went for the final kill for now. a brand new rubitec 3000watts pure sine wave wall mounted inverter, a roll of 4mm flexible wire and a 200amps battery worth about 175k.. so in all it took me almost 3months to get all..i wouldnt have been able to spend all at once. right now no more additions..

you killed it bro! see financial analysis.

i am starting my setup next week, hopefully. God provide.

By the way, can your set up power a pressing iron and fridge?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 3:00pm On May 20, 2016
odimbannamdi:

you killed it bro! see financial analysis.

i am starting my setup next week, hopefully. God provide.

By the way, can your set up power a pressing iron and fridge?
bro its a full 3000 watts pure sine wave inverter its capable of carrying both at the same time, i rarely load it. i use 6 to 10% load in average. but main thing i enjoy about it, is the full display of all working parameters and the auto power saver features.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Bosc(m): 7:21pm On May 20, 2016
The rate wey Niger Delta Avengers take dey blow gas pipe lines for Niger Delta these days I believe that our public power sector (PHCN/NEPA) will never get better untill maybe after 2019 elections.
So I recommend this inverter/solar set up for all who have come across this thread. I'm still enjoying mine since the past two months I set it up, I've never put ON my gen thanks to ceejay.

3 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 7:46pm On May 20, 2016
Valto:

Hello Valto, pls one small question; where did u source ur solar panels and how much is a 250watts mono crystalline panel. Tnx in advance
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 8:19pm On May 20, 2016
saint2ace:

Hello Valto, pls one small question; where did u source ur solar panels and how much is a 250watts mono crystalline panel. Tnx in advance
i bought my 2 solar panels, 1pc 200amps battery and my 3000watts inverter from the same person in alaba int. bright solar energy investment limited. i bought my 200watts 35k each. call him for 250watts inquiries 08067803774, 08051148679

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (356) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.