Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,060 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:43 PM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (690101 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (355) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by obimind(m): 11:10pm On May 25, 2016
timifakay:

Charge rate should be 10% + about 2.5% of battery amperage, so a good 40amp MPPT charge controller.
Three 150 watts solar panels minimum depending on how much ah you use daily.
Presently my solar charge controller is 20ah pwm and I have 4 pieces of 150 watts panel. My battery bank is 400 ah. My question is this: is my charge controller undersize?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by obimind(m): 11:14pm On May 25, 2016
My installer told me that I only need a 30ah solar charge controller when I am operating on a 3.5kva inverter system which is bigger compared to my present 1.5 kva inverter. I need more clarification on this pls.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by timifakay(m): 11:17pm On May 25, 2016
obimind:

Presently my solar charge controller is 20ah pwm and I have 4 pieces of 150 watts panel. My battery bank is 400 ah. My question is this: is my charge controller undersize?
YES
obimind:
My installer told me that's I only need a 30ah solar charge controller when I am operating on a 3.5kva inverter system which is bigger compared to my present 1.5 kva inverter. I need more than on this pls.
Charge controller size is determined by battery size, it does not have anything to do with inverter size.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by timifakay(m): 11:27pm On May 25, 2016
breeze23:
Hello sir, how can i know the difference between car battery and inverter battery from it's label? Thanks

Ceejay80s provided a perfect answer.
In addition to that, the terminals of deep cycle batteries are usually different from that of car batteries.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by odimbannamdi(m): 10:32am On May 26, 2016
timifakay:

Ceejay80s provided a perfect answer.
In addition to that, the terminals of deep cycle batteries are usually different from that of car batteries.

Yea, Ceejay80s utterly dissected the question. Meanwhile, what is the major difference between their terminals? also, whats the umbrella name of car batteries?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by elvis10ten(m): 1:09pm On May 26, 2016
officialfestus:

You can order online @,a 1500va car inverter goes for 9k in konga 12volt input,220volt ac ouput,820watts,try 9ja style cut the cigeratte plug and connect to ur battery
oga festus,
Will like to know if you have used or have any experience with any of those 9k inverters on konga ?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by obimind(m): 3:00pm On May 26, 2016
timifakay:

YES

Charge controller size is determined by battery size, it does not have anything to do with inverter size.
That being the case, my battery bank is 400 ah in total. What size of charge controller will be okay for my battery if my panel rating is a total of 600 watts?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 4:10pm On May 26, 2016
elvis10ten:
oga festus,
Will like to know if you have used or have any experience with any of those 9k inverters on konga ?
Just a friend of my bought it from jumia last two months it came with 6month warranty and working fine he used it with car battery and it last longer.....bcus it consumes less current from the battery,it has a cooling fan and it does not have an inbuilt charger planing to get one soon....
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by elvis10ten(m): 5:04pm On May 26, 2016
officialfestus:

Just a friend of my bought it from jumia last two months it came with 6month warranty and working fine he used it with car battery and it last longer.....bcus it consumes less current from the battery,it has a cooling fan and it does not have an inbuilt charger planing to get one soon....
please sir,
Could u provide the link ?. On Jumia.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 9:45pm On May 26, 2016
elvis10ten:
please sir, Could u provide the link ?. On Jumia.
Search 1500va car inverter on jumia
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by timifakay(m): 2:01am On May 27, 2016
odimbannamdi:

Yea, Ceejay80s utterly dissected the question. Meanwhile, what is the major difference between their terminals? also, whats the umbrella name of car batteries?

Car batteries have fixed terminals like we have always seen from time immemorial, deep cycle could have hole or bolt.
Lead acid battery is you only thing you will see on car batteries, inverter batteries will have additional labels, check ceejay80s' post on it again.

obimind:

That being the case, my battery bank is 400 ah in total. What size of charge controller will be okay for my battery if my panel rating is a total of 600 watts?

I answered this since the first time you asked and reply remains the same- 40amp. Here: www.nairaland.com/2428983/how-create-locally-made-inverter/59#45924182
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by sentix(m): 6:33am On May 27, 2016
gurus of ceejay
can I mix match batteries of different capacities
i.e. 40a batteries with 100a batteries
in series or in parallel
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by anochuks08(m): 8:32am On May 27, 2016
sentix:
gurus of ceejay

in series or in parallel
You can, but it is not advisable. Always pair same battery type, capacity and of same manufacturer if possible.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 8:44am On May 27, 2016
sentix:
gurus of ceejay

in series or in parallel

U can in parallel but not in series, though I read on line that u should only connect batteries of same manufacturer , age and capacity together both in series and parallel , but all my batteries are in parallel.

12v 18ah (2) used

12v 40ah (3) used

12v 100ah (1) brand new

All in parallel and its working perfectly fine for me, sometimes practical dey better pass theory,

But connecting a 40ah battery and 100ah in series is not good o and if u are connecting in parallel, make sure all the batteries are in good condition
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by odimbannamdi(m): 10:15am On May 27, 2016
ceejay80s:

U can in parallel but not in series, though I read on line that u should only connect batteries of same manufacturer , age and capacity together both in series and parallel , but all my batteries are in parallel.

12v 18ah (2) used

12v 40ah (3) used

12v 100ah (1) brand new

All in parallel and its working perfectly fine for me, sometimes practical dey better pass theory,

But connecting a 40ah battery and 100ah in series is not good o and if u are connecting in parallel, make sure all the batteries are in good condition

Very informative
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 2:27pm On May 27, 2016
ceejay80s:

12v 18ah (2) used

12v 40ah (3) used

12v 100ah (1) brand new

More grease to your elbows and keepup the good works Very informative of our most respectful brother @ceejay80s

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by sentix(m): 3:01pm On May 27, 2016
gurus I don come again o

I have 2 40a batteries, 2 7a batteries right now
I am thinking of getting 2 100a batteries now.

I have a 650va ups 12volts and a 1.5kva ups at 24volts.

which of these ups will give me the best performance

since my 650va is able to match my load, is there any sense in using the 1.5kva ups

thanks in advance.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Yinkame123(m): 5:09pm On May 27, 2016
Valto:
30amps smart battery charger for sale, used for about a month, working perfectly, comes with the carton and manual.. also a WELLSEE 30amps PWM solar charger controller for sale at an affordable price. all are working perfectly. location yenagoa Bayelsa state.

Hello am interested am in Portharcourt can you inbox me your number.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by elvis10ten(m): 8:07am On May 28, 2016
Finally got my solar panels. 130w poly (x2). Anybody here staying in port Harcourt that need solar/inverter stuff should go to mile 1 or ogunabali. I bought the panels from sunny best at ogunabali.

The only issue I have is, the frames (edges) doesn't look really neat like the panel face. Does this mean the panel have been used before or its normal. Please my ogas in the house, I need your replies.

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by elvis10ten(m): 8:40am On May 28, 2016
@valto, I am interested in your 30amps controller. I stay in port Harcourt. Will like to get it next week. Drop ur phone number or call me: 08084848093
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by anochuks08(m): 9:19am On May 28, 2016
sentix:
gurus I don come again o

I have 2 40a batteries, 2 7a batteries right now
I am thinking of getting 2 100a batteries now.

I have a 650va ups 12volts and a 1.5kva ups at 24volts.

which of these ups will give me the best performance

since my 650va is able to match my load, is there any sense in using the 1.5kva ups

thanks in advance.
if u no later use d 24v ups and want to dispose it, holla
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mukhcech(m): 10:56am On May 28, 2016
elvis10ten:
Finally got my solar panels. 130w poly (x2). Anybody here staying in port Harcourt that need solar/inverter stuff should go to mile 1 or ogunabali. I bought the panels from sunny best at ogunabali.

The only issue I have is, the frames (edges) doesn't look really neat like the panel face. Does this mean the panel have been used before or its normal. Please my ogas in the house, I need your replies.

How much are they?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by elvis10ten(m): 6:57pm On May 28, 2016
mukhcech:

How much are they?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by love4rent80s: 7:57pm On May 28, 2016
elvis10ten:
45k for (2) 130w poly solar panels and I priced one around computer village today and the lady 28k for 150 poly solar panels,
Is there no other place we can get poly panels at a cheaper price ?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mukhcech(m): 8:17pm On May 28, 2016
love4rent80s:

45k for (2) 130w poly solar panels and I priced one around computer village today and the lady 28k for 150 poly solar panels,
Is there no other place we can get poly panels at a cheaper price ?

Whats your location, I could get you a better offer.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mukhcech(m): 8:23pm On May 28, 2016
elvis10ten:

It is fair, Buh they are not new. Hope they were tested okay sha.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by martinz1: 11:20pm On May 28, 2016
obimind:

20amp is small u might need a higher charger controller
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Penuelseun(m): 11:29am On May 29, 2016
Good day friends, I just got a 200ah battery, who can pls help me in buying a good smart charger here & pls indicate the price
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by love4rent80s: 11:44am On May 29, 2016
Penuelseun:
Good day friends, I just got a 200ah battery, who can pls help me in buying a good smart charger here & pls indicate the price
If u bought ur battery here in lagos , u can as well buy the smart charger urself, all u need is just phone contact, address and directions of the seller, my advice is to buy 30amp and above smart charger for ur 200ah , the kind of 30mins electricity light we get these days , 20amp won't charge it fast
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Penuelseun(m): 12:04pm On May 29, 2016
love4rent80s:

If u bought ur battery here in lagos , u can as well buy the smart charger urself, all u need is just phone contact, address and directions of the seller, my advice is to buy 30amp and above smart charger for ur 200ah , the kind of 30mins electricity light we get these days , 20amp won't charge it fast
how much does it go for
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 29, 2016
Please house. Ho do I know a smart charger
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by love4rent80s: 12:21pm On May 29, 2016
Penuelseun:
how much does it go for

30amp= 12k

20amp = 9k

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (355) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.