Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (692278 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Penuelseun(m): 1:04pm On May 29, 2016
I am in akure & I don't think there is such here, can anyone help me to buy it & then send it to me?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by love4rent80s: 1:20pm On May 29, 2016
Penuelseun:
I am in akure & I don't think there is such here, can anyone help me to buy it & then send it to me?

Send ur money to ceejay80s today and u will get it 2moro

Call him first

07032659200 whatsapp
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 29, 2016
Please house. Ho do I know a smart charger..
I ve a battery charger already but want to if it's a smart charger
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 29, 2016
Please house. Ho do I know a smart charger..
I ve a battery charger already but want to know if it's a smart charger
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by elvis10ten(m): 3:02pm On May 29, 2016
mukhcech:

It is fair, Buh they are not new. Hope they were tested okay sha.
changed them to a brand new 200 watt mono panel.

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by timifakay(m): 7:14pm On May 29, 2016
elvis10ten:
Good decision. What's your battery bank rating?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mukhcech(m): 7:15pm On May 29, 2016
elvis10ten:

for the same price?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by elvis10ten(m): 9:22pm On May 29, 2016
timifakay:

Good decision. What's your battery bank rating?
haven't gotten yet. Am thinking of buying two 50ah 12v battery and then connecting them in series. My reason/main concern is that the panels have a voltage (vmp) of 35v and from what I read online, cheap pwm controller can not fully utilize that much voltage for a 12v system (only mppt). So am considering building a 24v system (inverter, controller and battery). What do you advice ?.

Cc: Ceejay, other solar gurus
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by elvis10ten(m): 9:24pm On May 29, 2016
mukhcech:

for the same price?
yea
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mukhcech(m): 1:03am On May 30, 2016
elvis10ten:
haven't gotten yet. Am thinking of buying two 50ah 12v battery and then connecting them in series. My reason/main concern is that the panels have a voltage (vmp) of 35v and from what I read online, cheap pwm controller can not fully utilize that much voltage for a 12v system (only mppt). So am considering building a 24v system (inverter, controller and battery). What do you advice ?.

Verywell, Oga Timifakay is just the right person to interact with. Hes got a not too expensive setup but efficient solar solution system unlike them Oga Valto and Oga Saint2ace. This two can make someone sell him mama land go take use do Solar system setup.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by love4rent80s: 4:01am On May 30, 2016
mukhcech:

Verywell, Oga Timifakay is just the right person to interact with. Hes got a not too expensive setup but efficient solar solution system unlike them Oga Valto and Oga saint2ace. This two can make someone sell him mama land go take use do Solar system setup .

Lol !!!!!
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mukhcech(m): 6:02am On May 30, 2016
officialfestus:

Just a friend of my bought it from jumia last two months it came with 6month warranty and working fine he used it with car battery and it last longer.....bcus it consumes less current from the battery,it has a cooling fan and it does not have an inbuilt charger planing to get one soon....

what gadgets is he using with it. Can he plug his laptop?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 8:56am On May 30, 2016
mukhcech:

what gadgets is he using with it. Can he plug his laptop?

Dell laptop,dvd,sound system,2 ceiling fans,3 18 watt cfl bulb,ps2 and 30"lcd tv,approximately what 'i pass my neighbor gen can carry'

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mukhcech(m): 9:23am On May 30, 2016
officialfestus:

Dell laptop,dvd,sound system,2 ceiling fans,3 18 watt cfl bulb,ps2 and 30"lcd tv,approximately what 'i pass my neighbor gen can carry'

No be this small thing you dey talk.

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Leopantro: 11:11am On May 30, 2016
officialfestus:

Good day.
I would like to know the capacity of the battery he uses and how long does it last. I'm about to order the 1500w version for 15k.

If I use a 200w type on a 200Ah battery, can I use the same devices you listed and for how long?

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 1:25pm On May 30, 2016
Leopantro:

Good day.
I would like to know the capacity of the battery he uses and how long does it last. I'm about to order the 1500w version for 15k.

If I use a 200w type on a 200Ah battery, can I use the same devices you listed and for how long?
isnt 15k on the high side? i bought the same 1500w car inverter #7500 3months ago in mushin lagoas and am very sure it will not be more than 9k now.. if u stay in lagos, go to mushin and get it far cheaper
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Leopantro: 3:54pm On May 30, 2016
Valto:
isnt 15k on the high side? i bought the same 1500w car inverter #7500 3months ago in mushin lagoas and am very sure it will not be more than 9k now.. if u stay in lagos, go to mushin and get it far cheaper

Thanks a lot. You just saved money for me. Just sent money for it to be picked up for me. Also bought a 100Ah battery for 20k.
Promise not to repeat my past error
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by vitality22(m): 4:31pm On May 30, 2016
Leopantro:

Thanks a lot. You just saved money for me. Just sent money for it to be picked up for me. Also bought a 100Ah battery for 20k.
Promise not to repeat my past error
Bro, where did you buy the 100Ah battery? please can I have his contact on 08099663004. I will appreciate
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 6:02pm On May 30, 2016
mukhcech:

No be this small thing you dey talk.
No not this one,is a car inverter of 1500va not charger
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 6:08pm On May 30, 2016
Leopantro:

Good day.

He use's it with two 150 amp battery,and get 24hrs standby electricity bcus nepa do provide us with 12hrs light a day,but your 200ah battery will give you close to 15hrs on 70% load bcus it consume less current from the battery.....#9500 only
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Leopantro: 7:35pm On May 30, 2016
vitality22:

Bro, where did you buy the 100Ah battery? please can I have his contact on 08099663004. I will appreciate

Traveled to Aba to visit someone and saw a shop selling inverters at 63 Azikiwe Street. He also sells 200Ah at 35k. Would have bought that but was traveling back to Owerri and that battery is too heavy
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by timifakay(m): 9:44pm On May 30, 2016
elvis10ten:

35vmp is voltage at maximum power, not the operating voltage, so I'm guessing it's a 24v panel.
Two batteries in series should perform well, the best charge controller is MPPT, and get a 24v type UPS to serve as inverter.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 9:45pm On May 30, 2016
Leopantro:

Traveled to Aba to visit someone and saw a shop selling inverters at 63 Azikiwe Street. He also sells 200Ah at 35k. Would have bought that but was traveling back to Owerri and that battery is too heavy
beware of cheap fairly used batteries, some of them are not good enough. buy fairly used only when the seller is ready to give u at least one month guarantee, to avoid stories that touches the heart wink

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by elvis10ten(m): 10:37pm On May 30, 2016
timifakay:

35vmp is voltage at maximum power, not the operating voltage, so I'm guessing it's a 24v panel.
Two batteries in series should perform well, the best charge controller is MPPT, and get a 24v type UPS to serve as inverter.
thanks boss. I think its best I go with mppt, rather than getting half of my panel power. Mind sharing your current solar setup and how much it cost ?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by timifakay(m): 11:56pm On May 30, 2016
elvis10ten:
thanks boss. I think its best I go with mppt, rather than getting half of my panel power. Mind sharing your current solar setup and how much it cost ?

I'll have to refer you to page 44 of this thread... I posted full details and cost.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by elvis10ten(m): 7:08am On May 31, 2016
timifakay:

Cost analysis: 200ah Leap Power Battery- 45,000
200w Solar panel- 40,000
12v 30a Charge Controller 17,500
1000w Inverter- 8,500
10 Yards 2-core cable- 6,000
Cable clips- 100
Taxi charter- 1,500
Tips- 200
Transportation to the market- 190
Carpenter- 1000
Total-119,990
boss,
Is that inverter still working/serving you ?. Any issues with it ?. Your mppt charge controller price is great, did you test them to see if they were truly mppt ?. Thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by timifakay(m): 8:01am On May 31, 2016
elvis10ten:
boss,
Is that inverter still working/serving you ?. Any issues with it ?. Your mppt charge controller price is great, did you test them to see if they were truly mppt ?. Thanks
So far so good, everything is working perfectly, I believe the charge controller is MPPT as stated on the carton, I don't know what type of test I can carry out to confirm.
The inverter automatically stops supplying power and the fault light starts blinking anytime you overload, it then rectifies after disconnecting the overload and restarting the inverter itself.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by laposta: 8:36am On May 31, 2016
timifakay:

So far so good, everything is working perfectly, I believe the charge controller is MPPT as stated on the carton, I don't know what type of test I can carry out to confirm.
The inverter automatically stops supplying power and the fault light starts blinking anytime you overload, it then rectifies after disconnecting the overload and restarting the inverter itself.

what's the maximum current of charging you have witnessed? If it has been a maximum of 11A, then it is not truly MMPT. However, if you have achieved a charging amperage above 11A (probably as high as 16A) , then I suppose it is truly MMPT.

Between, can you post a picture of your charge controller please? I'm looking to buy one soon.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by elvis10ten(m): 8:40am On May 31, 2016
timifakay:

okay, thanks boss. How long does your battery (200ah) take to charge ?. I read somewhere that u can confirm if its an mppt by comparing the current or with the performance of a pwm.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by elvis10ten(m): 8:43am On May 31, 2016
Anybody in the house using these cheap 1000w car inverter ?. What's your experience with it ?.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by love4rent80s: 11:17am On May 31, 2016
Valto:
beware of cheap fairly used batteries, some of them are not good enough. buy fairly used only when the seller is ready to give u at least one month guarantee, to avoid stories that touches the heart wink

True talk, the kind of batteries wey dey market now dey fear me, if seller can't assure me one month guarantee, then I will look else where, money no dey fall from sky
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 12:13pm On May 31, 2016
laposta:

what's the maximum current of charging you have witnessed? If it has been a maximum of 11A, then it is not truly MMPT. However, if you have achieved a charging amperage above 11A (probably as high as 16A) , then I suppose it is truly MMPT.

Between, can you post a picture of your charge controller please? I'm looking to buy one soon.
i am not sure there is any true mppt solar charge controller of 30amps that can go for anything below 35k as at January this year. i was offered a PWM solar charge controller modified and printed MPPT all over the body, but i declined, when i googled it and found out its a fake mppt. this is a picture of mine, and its the cheapest 30amps TRUE MPPT controller in the market..bought at 46k 2months ago. real mppt doesn't come cheap.

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (356) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.