Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (694010 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by 9ijaprince(m): 6:32pm On Jun 04, 2016
elvis10ten:
Here is my project breakdown:

1) 200watt mono solar panel - 45k
2) 1.2kva inverter - 28k
3) 30a pwm charge controller - 7.5k
4) 100ah battery - 33k
5) 4mm wires - 1.5k
6) gala and LA casera - N150

All in port Harcourt
Lol
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 7:15pm On Jun 04, 2016
I finally bought my 1500va car inverter today it comes with 10amp battery charger @13,500 online from jumia and connected it to my dad car battery testing how long it will last with

2 ceiling fan of 70 watt each (140watt)
2 cfl bulb 18 watt each(36)
32''Tv 90 watt (the tv consume less power)
Dvd 25 watt
Ps2 50
Sound system 100watt testing it on a 12volt 75ah dry cell maintainacefree car battery i will alert you guys when am done testing it

Pic below

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by santuse: 8:03pm On Jun 04, 2016
officialfestus:
I finally bought my 1500va car inverter today it comes with 10amp battery charger @13,500 online from jumia and connected it to my dad car battery testing how long it will last with

2 ceiling fan of 70 watt each (140watt)
2 cfl bulb 18 watt each(36)
32''Tv 90 watt (the tv consume less power)
Dvd 25 watt
Ps2 50
Sound system 100watt testing it on a 12volt 75ah dry cell maintainacefree car battery i will alert you guys when am done testing it

Pic below

Patiently waiting for your update

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 8:39pm On Jun 04, 2016
santuse:

Finish testing it lasted 1hr 9minuntes on all the above load (451watts) atleats the battery try na
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 8:41pm On Jun 04, 2016
santuse:

Finish testing it lasted 1hr 9minuntes on all the above load (451watts) atleats the battery try na nepa don bring light make i charge take test just 2 fans and bulbs coming on and off i go give you feedback 2morrow after testing....
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by elvis10ten(m): 8:53pm On Jun 04, 2016
9ijaprince:

Lol
wetin undecided
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by 9ijaprince(m): 9:10pm On Jun 04, 2016
The gala and lacasara.
elvis10ten:
wetin undecided
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by santuse: 9:49pm On Jun 04, 2016
officialfestus:

Finish testing it lasted 1hr 9minuntes on all the above load (451watts) atleats the battery try na nepa don bring light make i charge take test just 2 fans and bulbs coming on and off i go give you feedback 2morrow after testing....

OK the battery tried for a car battery with such load
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 10:12pm On Jun 04, 2016
double post
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 10:26pm On Jun 04, 2016
igbsam:

How much did you get both ?

What Can N250k get me ? Solar Inclusive. Or Just Inverter. I don manage save 250k
250k is more than enough for a start..... let say.....
2pcs 200watts mono panel at 38k each=76k
solar charge controller PWM= 10k or mppt controller 50k
a good 1.5kva inverter 50k
1pcs 200amps battery @ 40k =(with one month guarantee) or brand new @68k thick wires for installation and other accessories about 8k
u can start with these, then u can add 1 more panel and battery later..
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by igbsam(m): 11:34pm On Jun 04, 2016
Valto:
250k is more than enough for a start..... let say.....
2pcs 200watts mono panel at 38k each=76k
solar charge controller PWM= 10k or mppt controller 50k
a good 1.5kva inverter 50k
1pcs 200amps battery @ 40k =(with one month guarantee) or brand new @68k thick wires for installation and other accessories about 8k
u can start with these, then u can add 1 more panel and battery later..

Thanks for the breakdown. Will let the house know as soon as i get everything ready. What's the difference between mono panel and poly panel ? I got to know polycrystalline is much more better but seems to cost more.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by igbsam(m): 11:35pm On Jun 04, 2016
elvis10ten:
250k can get u both.

I got the breakdown from valto....Thanks alot
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 11:52pm On Jun 04, 2016
igbsam:

Thanks for the breakdown. Will let the house know as soon as i get everything ready. What's the difference between mono panel and poly panel ? I got to know polycrystalline is much more better but seems to cost more.
no, its the other way round. mono is better and cost a bit more..
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by igbsam(m): 11:55pm On Jun 04, 2016
Valto:

oh okay......ma badd.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by love4rent80s: 5:30am On Jun 05, 2016
officialfestus:

Finish testing it lasted 1hr 9minuntes on all the above load (451watts) atleats the battery try na

Reduce the load and u will get mor time, u really don't need the ceiling fan included,get ur self a small watts standing fan of 15w -30w, change all ur bulbs to 5w-9w energy savings,
Ur dvd and game can't be ON at same time, try it and see it will last more than 4hrs, if ur TV has energy savings mode, just activate it
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by love4rent80s: 5:35am On Jun 05, 2016
Valto:

But I heard poly is better, or is it because of its bogus size?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by love4rent80s: 5:51am On Jun 05, 2016
The Great Debate? Monocrystalline vs Polycrystalline Solar Panels

[b] When choosing the most appropriate solar PV panel for your project, consumers are faced with many choices on the quality and cost spectrum. In many markets, not just solar, consumers seek the best-possible combination of high-quality at a competitive price… but in doing so, they might overlook their technology options. In solar, it’s important to consider the performance advantages between monocrystalline and polycrystalline solar panels.
Simply defined, the material difference between polycrystalline and monocrystalline rests in the composition of the silicon substrate used to make solar cells, and in turn solar panels. As the name implies, monocrystalline means “a single crystal,” while polycrystalline means “many crystals.” Large crystal sizes lead to more efficient solar cells, which is why monocrystalline cells are typically 10% to 15% more efficient than their polycrystalline counterparts.
But there’s a catch: because of the silicon casting and wafering process, it costs about 20% more to create solar cells with monocrystalline structures. You could think of monocrystalline like single origin coffee, cultivated from one particular bean varietal, which requires more care and preparation than a blended product. Polycrystalline and multicrystalline silicon panels comprise the vast majority of PV panels sold in the global market.
So, which is better? In fact, the “debate” over whether to choose mutlicrystalline or monocryatlline solar panels is not really a debate at all, but rather a question of the specific goals for a solar project. The answer depends on the location and design parameters of your project, and other factors including local labour costs and utility rate structures.
Generally speaking, polycrystalline panels are ideal for installations with near-unlimited roof or ground space, and regions with lower “soft costs,” including project installation and permitting. They also make sense for owners looking to minimize upfront installation costs. On the other hand, monocrystalline panels are ideal for smaller roof tops or space-constrained properties, as monocrystalline technology produces higher efficiency cells so you get more power onto the same surface area. Monocrystalline panels also feature a lower temperature coefficient, which means that as the panels get hotter they will typically outperform their polycrystalline counterparts.
There are key differences to consider when weighing the benefits of polycrystalline and monocrystalline panels, but the key point to remember is that there is no one-size-fits-all solution. Solar buyers should be informed of all the technological options and make a choice best suited to a project’s specific energy needs.
That’s why we provide our customers with the option to choose either monocrystalline or multicrystalline panels. As a global leader in solar PV manufacturing and the world’s first fully vertically integrated module manufacturer, Yingli takes pride in providing the highest-value products, and in being able to demonstrate the comparative benefits behind our various solar panel options. In addition, our solar panels are backed by third-party warranties, providing you an additional layer of assurance that your solar investment will be secure for years to come.
[/b]
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by love4rent80s: 6:02am On Jun 05, 2016
[b] When choosing among rooftop solar panels, there are a number of factors to consider. First, you’ll want to weigh the cost of purchase and installation against the potential energy savings. This will help you to determine how many years it will take to recoup your investment. Other considerations include panel dimensions and warranty coverage. Among the solar panels in our review, our top choices are from Kyocera, CanadianSolarand Grape Solar. For even more information, take a look at our articles on solar panels.
Here are some characteristics we evaluated:
Solar Efficiency

Represented as a percentage, this indicates how much electricity a single panel produces per surface area (a higher number is better). The more efficient the panel, the smaller the surface you will need. This could help you narrow your choices among brands, since you are limited by the surface area of your roof.
Durability

Your home is likely your single biggest investment, and since solar panels will alter that investment, it’s important to look for a brand that’s backed by a solid warranty. If any panels are defective or end up malfunctioning through no fault of yours, it’s good to know the manufacturer will perform the necessary repair or replacement. The physical durability is also important, especially if you live in a climate that’s subject to hail or snow.
Features

Another climate-based consideration is the temperature range a solar panel can handle. This shouldn’t be an issue with any of the panels in our review, however; all have ranges of minus 40 degrees Fahrenheit all the way up to 185 and higher. You’ll also want to know the materials used to construct the panels. Cheaper, less-durable models are often made of plate glass. In top-quality solar panels you will more often find tempered glass that has been substantially strengthened using special chemicals or heating treatments. An intangible in all this is the very subjective area of aesthetics. Some DIY homeowners create wooden frames for their solar panels, while others prefer the lightweight anodized aluminum ones. Some solar panels are constructed without frames and mounted on special rails so the roof has a sleek, all-of-a-kind appearance.

Dimensions

The measurements of a particular panel will determine how many you’ll be able to install.
Since this a big investment and a relatively new and sophisticated technology, you’re likely to have a lot of questions both before and after your purchase. Look for a company that offers customer support you can rely on for pre-purchase information, troubleshooting and any other assistance you might need after installation.
While a lot of expense and planning goes into the purchase and installation of solar panels, if you choose carefully, you’re likely to be pleased with the results once your solar panels are in place and your utility bill is a mere pittance. You can also be proud you’re doing your part to reduce air pollution and harness natural and renewable energy sources.
[/b]
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 7:00am On Jun 05, 2016
love4rent80s:

Reduce the load and u will get mor time, u really don't need the ceiling fan included,get ur self a small watts standing fan of 15w -30w, change all ur bulbs to 5w-9w energy savings,
Ur dvd and game can't be ON at same time, try it and see it will last more than 4hrs, if ur TV has energy savings mode, just activate it
Finish testing the 2 ceiling fan i put on the ceiling fan from @12am till 6am this morning,nepa have brought the light (they do give us light every 6hr if they bring it 6am they will take it 12pm till 6am again,every friday they will change it 12am-6am then bring 12pm-6pm) so am going to charge the battery again to test only tv,dvd,sound system only thanks @ everyone for helping me out
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 7:07am On Jun 05, 2016
Thinking of buying 2 new abro volt maintaince free dry cell car battery for 12,000 each and 30amp smart battery charger...
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 7:26am On Jun 05, 2016
Can a small tiger generator power a 30amp smart battery charger bcus ausgust is knocking at the door when rain go start light go dy spoil pole go start to dy fall also concret pole neva plenty for our street now wood pole plenty pass......by july by GOD GRACE i go buy the 30amp battery charger and 2 abro volt dry cell car battery
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by love4rent80s: 7:47am On Jun 05, 2016
officialfestus:
Thinking of buying 2 new abro volt maintaince free dry cell car battery for 12,000 each and 30amp smart battery charger...

Be sure that the smart charger will charge car batteries before u buy, its best u buy the smart charger first and then use to test the car battery before u pay for the car battery,

I have test on car battery when I started my experiment and it didn't charge , probably because the battery was flat then, but a nairalander called me one day snd I told him it might not Charge , but he went on ahead to satisfy his curiosity and tested on two car batteries but it didn't charge, and when he tested the smart charger on inverter batteries , it worked one hand

My setup is more than a year now with used deepcycle batteries, pray that ur new car battery lasts 8month
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Im2Busy2Bother: 8:12am On Jun 05, 2016
officialfestus:
Can a small tiger generator power a 30amp smart battery charger bcus ausgust is knocking at the door when rain go start light go dy spoil pole go start to dy fall also concret pole neva plenty for our street now wood pole plenty pass......by july by GOD GRACE i go buy the 30amp battery charger and 2 abro volt dry cell car battery

I doubt a tiger generator (I'm guessing you are referring to the I-pass-my-neighbor gen type) can handle a 30A battery charger.

Why not get a deep cycle battery? They are more suitable for inverter than a car battery

A car's battery is designed to provide a very large amount of current for a short period of time.

This surge of current is needed to turn the engine over during starting. Once the engine starts, the alternator provides all the power that the car needs, so a car battery may go through its entire life without ever being drained more than 20 percent of its total capacity. Used in this way, a car battery can last a number of years. To achieve a large amount of current, a car battery uses thin plates in order to increase its surface area.

A deep cycle battery is designed to provide a steady amount of current over a long period of time.

A deep cycle battery can provide a surge when needed, but nothing like the surge a car battery can. A deep cycle battery is also designed to be deeply discharged over and over again (something that would ruin a car battery very quickly). To accomplish this, a deep cycle battery uses thicker plates.

A car battery typically has two ratings:

CCA (Cold Cranking Amps) - The number of amps that the battery can produce at 32 degrees F (0 degrees C) for 30 seconds

RC (Reserve Capacity) - The number of minutes that the battery can deliver 25 amps while keeping its voltage above 10.5 volts

Typically, a deep cycle battery will have two or three times the RC of a car battery, but will deliver one-half or three-quarters the CCAs. In addition, a deep cycle battery can withstand several hundred total discharge/recharge cycles, while a car battery is not designed to be totally discharged.

Source
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by olorunda68: 8:57am On Jun 05, 2016
Im2Busy2Bother:

I doubt a tiger generator (I'm guessing you are referring to the I-pass-my-neighbor gen type) can handle a 30A battery charger.

Why not get a deep cycle battery? They are more suitable for inverter than a car battery

A car's battery is designed to provide a very large amount of current for a short period of time.

This surge of current is needed to turn the engine over during starting. Once the engine starts, the alternator provides all the power that the car needs, so a car battery may go through its entire life without ever being drained more than 20 percent of its total capacity. Used in this way, a car battery can last a number of years. To achieve a large amount of current, a car battery uses thin plates in order to increase its surface area.

A deep cycle battery is designed to provide a steady amount of current over a long period of time.

A deep cycle battery can provide a surge when needed, but nothing like the surge a car battery can. A deep cycle battery is also designed to be deeply discharged over and over again (something that would ruin a car battery very quickly). To accomplish this, a deep cycle battery uses thicker plates.

A car battery typically has two ratings:

CCA (Cold Cranking Amps) - The number of amps that the battery can produce at 32 degrees F (0 degrees C) for 30 seconds

RC (Reserve Capacity) - The number of minutes that the battery can deliver 25 amps while keeping its voltage above 10.5 volts

Typically, a deep cycle battery will have two or three times the RC of a car battery, but will deliver one-half or three-quarters the CCAs. In addition, a deep cycle battery can withstand several hundred total discharge/recharge cycles, while a car battery is not designed to be totally discharged.

Source

please sir, is it safe to deplete a mercury vrla deep cycle series 12v battery to 10.5 v before recharge sir? please what percentage of depletion will that be sir? also my battery usually reads 12.7v after full charge with my smart charger, is that normal and okay sir? awaiting your reply sir, please safe me from misusing and abusing my battery and inverter setup!, tanx sir.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 10:55am On Jun 05, 2016
love4rent80s:

Be sure that the smart charger will charge car batteries before u buy, its best u buy the smart charger first and then use to test the car battery before u pay for the car battery,

I have test on car battery when I started my experiment and it didn't charge , probably because the battery was flat then, but a nairalander called me one day snd I told him it might not Charge , but he went on ahead to satisfy his curiosity and tested on two car batteries but it didn't charge, and when he tested the smart charger on inverter batteries , it worked one hand

My setup is more than a year now with used deepcycle batteries, pray that ur new car battery lasts 8month
Thanks pls how much is the 40ah full river valve regulated battery and the cost for (5) 40ah full river battery i stays in edo state i think it might be hard to get here
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 11:00am On Jun 05, 2016
Yes am refering to i pass my neighbour generator Thanks @im2busy2bother
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 11:10am On Jun 05, 2016
We have a working 12volt 50ah car alternator (just have no use) which my dad just remove from his vehicle thinking the alternator was faulty and bought another one (not knowing it was the rectifire in the car that was faulty) "and can i use the alternator with another engine to charge my battery in case of when there is blackout for 1 week" whereby welding the alternator to a 2hp engine or more (2hp-5hp engine)
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 11:18am On Jun 05, 2016
(Am a welder but still schooling gaining addmision to enter aau next year by his grace to study electrical engineering) can i remove the (coil) in our small tiget generator and weld the car alternator to the engine because the engine is rated 2hp and i have did some research on google wachting how a 1hp dc motor pulling a car alternator to charge battery on youtube...... Pic below
Need ur reply @everybody

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Im2Busy2Bother: 11:27am On Jun 05, 2016
olorunda68:
please sir, is it safe to deplete a mercury vrla deep cycle series 12v battery to 10.5 v before recharge sir? please what percentage of depletion will that be sir? also my battery usually reads 12.7v after full charge with my smart charger, is that normal and okay sir? awaiting your reply sir, please safe me from misusing and abusing my battery and inverter setup!, tanx sir.

The battery cut off point of most inverters hovers between 10.5V and 11.0V

This is done automatically if the inverter is smart.

The float charge voltage of batteries varies depending on battery make and type of charger.

Take a look at the table showing an approximate percentage depletion of batteries and it's corresponding voltage

But your float voltage should, in most cases, be between 13.3V to 14.4V.

This is dependent on battery make though and not etched in stone.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Penuelseun(m): 12:30pm On Jun 05, 2016
@ofticialfestus, does your fan hum when u power it with ur inverter? and did u get both the inverter & charger for #15000
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 12:41pm On Jun 05, 2016
Penuelseun:
@ofticialfestus, does your fan hum when u power it with ur inverter? and did u get both the inverter & charger for #15000
No my fan was not huming,yes i got both the inverter and 10amp charger for #15,000 only
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 2:13pm On Jun 05, 2016
officialfestus:
Yes am refering to i pass my neighbour generator Thanks @im2busy2bother
i pass my neighbor CANNOT power a 30amps charger.. u need at least a 2500kva gen.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (356) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.