Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (694225 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 30, 2017
ceejay80s:
Indestructiblex, see ya own
12v 1.5kva ups, (3) 10w fan and 200ah battery (port harcourt)
Pls let's chat. What's ur number. I need the 1.5 ups
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 6:23pm On Jan 30, 2017
brogxy:

Pls let's chat. What's ur number. I need the 1.5 ups

12v or 24v ? 07032659200
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 11:24pm On Jan 30, 2017
ceejay80s:
Valto ur goods still dey agofure, they said urs is going on Wednesday , 4 working days (cargo)
Went there today to send Indestructiblex items and saw Urs
hmm, not me oo
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 3:01am On Jan 31, 2017
Valto:
hmm, not me oo

Sorry its Allem ,will modify ,thanks for notifying me jare
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Daneezy: 12:16pm On Jan 31, 2017
ceejay80s:
40ah grade one 15k No 100w mono except 130w
130w is how much?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Emusan(m): 12:26pm On Jan 31, 2017
ceejay80s:

Yes it will power lcd and led TVs, Its easy, all u need is a small ups ( the one that uses only one battery), a battery charger and a 12v valve regulated or deep cycle battery and a red and black wire which u will use to extend the negative and positive cable of the ups
Unscrew ur ups and extend the black and red wire that go to the battery to be longer(please use red and black colour wire to avoid confusion), connect the extended red wire to ur battery positive(red) and the black to ur battery (negative),
Also connect the charger's positive clip to ur battery positive and charger's negative clip to ur battery negative, now, plug in ur charger power cable in to electricity power source and plug in ur lcd to ur ups, turn on ur ups and its ready!!!

Sorry, can we use a UPS having more than one battery and must the load determine the types of UPS to be used?

This is part I need clarification of. Thanks!
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Allem(m): 12:37pm On Jan 31, 2017
Yes, but then the ba3 will be connected in series cos the ups is a 24v. As for the type of ups/inverter, the amount of load you want to power determines the ups/inveryer you use. My OGAs can explain better. Me na still learner
Emusan:

Sorry, can we use a UPS having more than one battery and must the load determine the types of UPS to be used?

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Emusan(m): 1:58pm On Jan 31, 2017
Allem:
Yes, but then the ba3 will be connected in series cos the ups is a 24v. As for the type of ups/inverter, the amount of load you want to power determines the ups/inveryer you use. My OGAs can explain better. Me na still learner

I didn't talk about the battery I'm going to connect to the UPS but the UPS inbuilt Battery itself.

So if the UPS I'm going to use has more than one battery then my external battery must also be actual number of the inbuilt batteries and connected in series, did get it?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 2:28pm On Jan 31, 2017
Daneezy:
130w is how much?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 2:49pm On Jan 31, 2017
Emusan:

Yes u can use a ups that uses more than one battery 24v, 48v. But some ups that uses two batteries are 12v so it depends on the type u want, load and battery size depends

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 4:17pm On Jan 31, 2017

2 nairalanders have damaged their smart charger simply because they didnt ask more questions, nobody charges a dime here to guide u through installation so feel free to drop any question or whatsapp a nairaland member to help u, connecting a 12v smart charger to a 24v ups is wrong,that smart charger brain go scatter, connecting (2)12v battery in series making it 24v and then connect to a 12v ups is wrong, that ups go blow immediately, u dont connect a 12v ups to a 12v battery wrongly (connecting the red wire of the ups to the black battery terminal and connectin the black wire from the ups to the red battery terminal) the ups go blow

e come be now wey thing cost, lets just be careful

3 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by idsolar(m): 9:53am On Feb 01, 2017
FOR SALE FOR SALE

Wellsee solar charge controller 12/24v 30amp new for sale

call/whatsapp - 08033735359

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 5:27pm On Feb 01, 2017
Thanks to Oga Ceejay80s. My UPS, fans, smart charger and battery arrived in good shape, now fully operational and charged. Abeg make una give me membership card.

I didn't want to interfere with the house connections so I ran a different wiring for the system. Only what needs to be powered will be powered.

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mctfopt: 1:30pm On Feb 02, 2017
INDESTRUCTABLEX:
Thanks to Oga Ceejay80s. My UPS, fans, smart charger and battery arrived in good shape, now fully operational and charged. Abeg make una give me membership card.

I didn't want to interfere with the house connections so I ran a different wiring for the system. Only what needs to be powered will be powered.

Always best to run an independent connection for your UPS or inverter. Though costlier . But that way you don't worry about changeover between PHCN and your alternative source. Also UPS or inverter is free from crazy PHCN connections smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 3:47pm On Feb 02, 2017
Maye44:
Can it also power laptops? I just got this new Tecno two in one tablet
yes
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by andyluc: 6:16pm On Feb 02, 2017
Ceejay, as promised this is my shout-out:

Folks, I met Ceejay at the Arena last Saturday when I went to pick up solar panel. Very nice chap and generous with advice.

Keep up the good work. God bless.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 6:54pm On Feb 02, 2017
andyluc:
Ceejay, as promised this is my shout-out:

Folks, I met Ceejay at the Arena last Saturday when I went to pick up solar panel. Very nice chap and generous with advice.

Keep up the good work. God bless.

God bless u too
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by teamsynergy: 12:13pm On Feb 03, 2017
ceejay80s:

U are welcome my sister, enjoy it solar, thanks again, I appreciate ur generosity
oga cj I beg, do u know d current prices of a 1.5 or 1.2kva ups for oshodi... even if na 650va..no vex ooo... u be African-China ... the way u understand electronic manipulation always amaze me .....jahbless bro...
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Emusan(m): 12:57pm On Feb 03, 2017
ceejay80s:

Yes u can use a ups that uses more than one battery 24v, 48v. But some ups that uses two batteries are 12v so it depends on the type u want, load and battery size depends

Thanks for that.
So if I want to use like five 75AH batteries, what is the range of UPS you advice to be used?
Will it be connected in parallel or series?

Again? i called the man you gave his number who sells the Smart Charger and I was told that for 50Amp is 18k, does it cost like that?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Feshizzy(m): 2:27pm On Feb 03, 2017
habib55:
i disconnected 1 of d transformer den switched on d ups,there was no change in output voltage,no noticable change in d ups behavior/funtion,same amount of beeps,everall d ups d not sense any change.i also did some research online and arivd at d conclusn dat a 1200va ups produces 790w power while a 650va produces 390,d diff betwen dz 2 is dat d former has 2transfomer while d letter has 1trans.removin 1 transfomer 4rm my 1200va ups automatically brings it down 2 650va while other funtion remains constantwit all dz in mind i beliv dt my 1200va uses 12v batery system.pls wot do u tink.

Good day bro,
I am currently in same boat with,
With your experience,
What advice would you give?
I have a bg-1550 with a single transformer,
But comes with 2 battery set,
I have successfully plugged in one battery,
It it works just fine,
From you view,
Is it okay to continue using it on a 12v 40ah battery?

@bros cj,
I hail you too,
Thanks a lot for this revelation!
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Feshizzy(m): 3:04pm On Feb 03, 2017
balogunsam:
Hi everyone...finally got the setup yesterday

30A smart charger- 12500
200AH used battery- 35,000
1.2kv Bluegate 12V UPS+fan fixing- 4,000
Wire(2 yards)- 700
Total- 52,200.

First picked a telecom battery from the Arena guy but it lasted just three hours so I returned it and picked the Gaston 200AH in the photo....will test and give feedback.
I was torn between getting a brand new Panasonic 100AH in Ikeja for 35k or getting the toks 200AH but since the battery guy gave me a return warranty I decided to try him.

***The UPS didn't get hot at all during the three hours it worked...guess because of the fan and the load that was not much. If you can afford the bigger UPS, I stro gly recommend it.

Load: 32" LCD @70w
2 laptops @130w
GoTV
Standing Fan @70w

@ceejay, thank you very much chief! Your idea brought up all this.

Hello bro,
What's up with the usage of this ups on one battery so far?
I understand it uses two batteries by default.
I'm in urgent need of a feedback before heat draw map for person body!
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by balogunsam(m): 3:53pm On Feb 03, 2017
Feshizzy:

Hello bro,
What's up with the usage of this ups on one battery so far?
I understand it uses two batteries by default.
I'm in urgent need of a feedback before heat draw map for person body!

The strength of the battery and load determines. Mine was the 12v type so only one battery worked for me. I've since upgraded to an inverter though. Wish you the best, cheers!!
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 4:14pm On Feb 03, 2017
Emusan:

Thanks for that.
So if I want to use like five 75AH batteries, what is the range of UPS you advice to be used?
Will it be connected in parallel or series?

Again? i called the man you gave his number who sells the Smart Charger and I was told that for 50Amp is 18k, does it cost like that?

my guy things don cost for nigeria, the more u wait ,the more e dey increase, before i bought my solar panel, it was 35k but now i bought mine 60k, today i heard the guy telling a buyer 65k,
whats ur load? 12v connection is easier , buy 12v 1.55kva blue gate ups or 12v 1.7kva ups and connect in parallel , make sure the ups is 12v ups and 12v smart charger and if u cant connect it ,look for some body who will do it for u,to avoid damaging the charger or the ups
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 4:23pm On Feb 03, 2017
teamsynergy:

oga cj I beg, do u know d current prices of a 1.5 or 1.2kva ups for oshodi... even if na 650va..no vex ooo... u be African-China ... the way u understand electronic manipulation always amaze me .....jahbless bro...

i wont lie to u, the way prices sky rocket every day baffles me, the owner of the product should be able to tell u his current prices, after telling u guys price, some of u will call me in front of the seller after he has told his price, u will call me in front of him and say "ceejay ,sey be na u say na so so so price he dey sell am? " instead of u to price the item the amount i told u or even pricing lower than the amount i have told u, una go wan cause trouble between me and the seller, no be me open shop for them ,i have no say there and no be me buy market for them, hope u understand, so many nairalanders don do am and i dont like it

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Feshizzy(m): 4:55pm On Feb 03, 2017
balogunsam:

The strength of the battery and load determines. Mine was the 12v type so only one battery worked for me. I've since upgraded to an inverter though. Wish you the best, cheers!!

Thanks for your response,
Mine is also a 12v type connected in parallel,
Now for the testing!
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by teamsynergy: 4:55pm On Feb 03, 2017
ceejay80s:

i wont lie to u, the way prices sky rocket every day baffles me, the owner of the product should be able to tell u his current prices, after telling u guys price, some of u will call me in front of the seller after he has told his price, u will call me in front of him and say "ceejay ,sey be na u say na so so so price he dey sell am? " instead of u to price the item the amount i told u or even pricing lower than the amount i have told u, una go wan cause trouble between me and the seller, no be me open shop for them ,i have no say there and no be me buy market for them, hope u understand, so many nairalanders don do am and i dont like it
yes.. I get buh am into dis kinda bissness too... can't do DAT... appreciate ur response. I just wanted to av an idea of d price to be able to plan towards it and also to use it as reference when quoting price for clients... thankx boss
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Emusan(m): 5:08pm On Feb 03, 2017
ceejay80s:

my guy things don cost for nigeria, the more u wait ,the more e dey increase, before i bought my solar panel, it was 35k but now i bought mine 60k, today i heard the guy telling a buyer 65k,
whats ur load? 12v connection is easier , buy 12v 1.55kva blue gate ups or 12v 1.7kva ups and connect in parallel , make sure the ups is 12v ups and 12v smart charger and if u cant connect it ,look for some body who will do it for u,to avoid damaging the charger or the ups

Alright, and I appreciate your simplicity

But sorry how do you connect the solar panel with this set up? If you've already explained that on this thread kindly help me with the page I can find it. Thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by iamawara(m): 12:23am On Feb 06, 2017
Please guys what's the current price of 200W solar panel mono and poly. Thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Turks: 6:55am On Feb 06, 2017
240W is 76k
iamawara:
Please guys what's the current price of 200W solar panel mono and poly. Thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by olayiwolar1(m): 7:04am On Feb 06, 2017
ceejay80s:

Back light, contrast and brightness will be reduced to get more time from ur battery, if u want ur computer to be ON but u are not using it at that moment , u can turn the screen off from ur PC battery option, the screen can only come back ON when u press any key button or move ur mouse, set the screen turn off time to 1minuite, na small small, u will get there....since its not for business,buy 200ah battery first and see how long it will carry the two laptops and if the time is not enough,buy 100ah join am , one fan can be used or managed and it must not be ON all the time

200ah battery for now and add 100ah or 200ah later.(oshodi)
30amp or 40amp smart charger (buy from the guy at mushin)
1.2kva or 1.5kva 12v ups (make sure its a 12v ups) don't buy 650va
(buy in oshodi).

I no just understand this 12v 200AH battery again. Nothing seems to be wrong with the lifespan anyway, and it still last (when fully charged) for about 14hrs. Carrying just 14 Laptops and charge mobile phones, the likes of Blackberry's, iphone and desktop chargers at times.

What now amaze me now is, the battery, it takes longer to fully charge and doing this charging period, it becomes very hot and now, it seems the battery has start to get swollen, at times I will have to discharge and allow it cool before continuing charging it and even doing usage time, same problem persist, the hotnesss.

This battery was bought September 2016 making just 5 months old. All connections leading to and out of the battery are accurate. I just wish I could snap the hotness and the swollen side of the battery... cry Please what could be the cause..?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Turks: 7:11am On Feb 06, 2017
14laptops shocked shocked My laptop charger alone Na 19watts how much more 14. Man unkind sha. Are you making use of CeeJay80s setup?
olayiwolar1:

I no just understand this 12v 200AH battery again. Nothing seems to be wrong with the lifespan anyway, and it still last (when fully charged) for about 14hrs. Carrying just 14 Laptops and charge mobile phones, the likes of Blackberry's, iphone and desktop chargers at times.

What now amaze me now is, the battery, it takes longer to fully charge and doing this charging period, it becomes very hot and now, it seems the battery has start to get swollen, at times I will have to discharge and allow it cool before continuing charging it and even doing usage time, same problem persist, the hotnesss.

This battery was bought September 2016 making just 5 months old. All connections leading to and out of the battery are accurate. I just wish I could snap the hotness and the swollen side of the battery... cry Please what could be the cause..?

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (356) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.