Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (694017 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kingviny: 8:35am On Jan 05, 2017
I buy dead inverter batteries (100 - 200ah) . Call 07081516945
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by freeenergy: 8:06pm On Jan 06, 2017
pato405:

Pls create another thread for that. This thread is for inverter enthusiasts. We no get time for generator wahala!

FREE ENERGY GENERATOR PLAN LEARN AND BUILD YOUR OWN WITH EASE. 08033647406
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pato405(m): 12:43am On Jan 07, 2017
Experts in the house,

I have been trying to troubleshoot a problem to no avail. angry
Recently, I took a tester and out of curiosity inserted it into an extension socket connected to my inverter, I realized that both the positive and negative terminals were both indicating current flow, as the tester lights came on during the tests on +ve & -ve sides. Immediately, I sensed there was a problem somewhere because only the +ve terminal ought to indicate current flow while the negative (neutral) ought not to light up my tester.

So, I started what seemed like an endless ultimate search for the source of current leakage. I almost stripped my entire inverter set up, wires, junction boxes, connections to all bulbs to find out whether there were any two wires making contact. For where na? NOTHING found uptill now.This process took more than 8 hours of my time! because I feared starting a fire.

The inverter still works fine, but my confusion is why would both positive and negative terminals supply current simultaneously? undecided
and where could the problem be?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 07, 2017
pato405:
Experts in the house,

I have been trying to troubleshoot a problem to no avail. angry
Recently, I took a tester and out of curiosity inserted it into an extension socket connected to my inverter, I realized that both the positive and negative terminals were both indicating current flow, as the tester lights came on during the tests on +ve & -ve sides. Immediately, I sensed there was a problem somewhere because only the +ve terminal ought to indicate current flow while the negative (neutral) ought not to light up my tester.

So, I started what seemed like an endless ultimate search for the source of current leakage. I almost stripped my entire inverter set up, wires, junction boxes, connections to all bulbs to find out whether there were any two wires making contact. For where na? NOTHING found uptill now.This process took more than 8 hours of my time! because I feared starting a fire.

The inverter still works fine, but my confusion is why would both positive and negative terminals supply current simultaneously? undecided
and where could the problem be?
don't waste your time on that ,negative also can bring out light but it will not be sharp as that positive one
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 7:53pm On Jan 08, 2017
it is of course AC current. that is why its called alternating current. it changes polarity with the gi c en frequency.
so stop looking for what isn't lost.

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 7:31am On Jan 13, 2017
3 days now , no light, this is really bad!!!!

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by tonyx4x44(m): 10:49am On Jan 13, 2017
ceejay80s:

bro same here, I am tired!

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 12:00pm On Jan 13, 2017
ceejay80s:
atleast sun dey shine na,abi?(NEPA nor fit dey regular)
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by PatrickOkunima(m): 12:05pm On Jan 13, 2017
ceejay80s:
what happened to your solar panel? Is it unable to charge your batteries.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 12:41pm On Jan 13, 2017
PatrickOkunima:
what happened to your solar panel? Is it unable to charge your batteries.

My solar is working very well, I will just remove their nepa wire from my house one day, I am tired of paying for what I am not enjoying,

4 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 12:54pm On Jan 13, 2017
officialfestus:
atleast sun dey shine na,abi?(NEPA nor fit dey regular)

Eh!! But I will be paying for what I don't use, if not my AC and refrigerator, I will just remove all their wire
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 6:44pm On Jan 13, 2017
ceejay80s:

Eh!! But I will be paying for what I don't use, if not my AC and refrigerator, I will just remove all their wire
lolz,is your ac upto 2hp,if not i will advice to you buy a 3kva modified sine wave inverter from "brightence electrical company",then along side with alternator booster from brightence,and say bye to nepa,because it can power your ac,depending on your battery bank
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 9:01pm On Jan 13, 2017
hello,

WHO HAVE LIFEPO4 BATTERY TO SELL
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by iamawara(m): 1:07pm On Jan 15, 2017
Errr. Good afternoon House. Please I have a question..... *stilllearning

After am done with my setup successfully , can I take the wire that goes to the Generator that power my single room to my modified sine wave inverter? If I do so will it power my room just as I do with the generator? Or I need new room wiring ?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 5:31pm On Jan 15, 2017
iamawara:
Errr. Good afternoon House. Please I have a question..... *stilllearning

After am done with my setup successfully , can I take the wire that goes to the Generator that power my single room to my modified sine wave inverter? If I do so will it power my room just as I do with the generator? Or I need new room wiring ?

Yes it will work, but u must remove the AC and refrigerator and pressing iron and boiling ring and electric cooker, change the 40w or 60w bulb I saw dangling from ur ceiling too , lol
My guy just do fresh wiring for ur inverter it won't cost u much that is if u can do it urself like some of us did, just rewire the house with one energy saving bulb, make sure u buy 7 to 11watts bulbs , also buy the 10watts fan and heat no go do u again, if the watts of ur TV is big, then look for 15inch lcd TV that is below 20w ....
U haven't told us what u want to load and their wattage

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by java10(m): 9:26pm On Jan 15, 2017
lightsaber:
interesting concept. can it power led or plasma TV and even though you are not selling, can you expanciate how a layman can assemble this gizmo especially those not in lag
STOP BUYING FUEL, SAY YES TO SOLAR RENEWABLE ENERGY, LEARN HOW TO BUILD YOUR OWN SOLAR ENERGY TODAY BEFORE YOU ATTEND ANY TRAINING, don't forget to subscribe to get all future updates http:///MyYoutubeChanneL

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by iamawara(m): 12:03am On Jan 16, 2017
ceejay80s:

Yes it will work, but u must remove the AC and refrigerator and pressing iron and boiling ring and electric cooker, change the 40w or 60w bulb I saw dangling from ur ceiling too , lol
My guy just do fresh wiring for ur inverter it won't cost u much that is if u can do it urself like some of us did, just rewire the house with one energy saving bulb, make sure u buy 7 to 11watts bulbs , also buy the 10watts fan and heat no go do u again, if the watts of ur TV is big, then look for 15inch lcd TV that is below 20w ....
U haven't told us what u want to load and their wattage

Lol. Thanks Oga Ceejay. I only have 2 40w bulb, 40w TV, Startimes, a rechargeable fan, phone and laptop charger. So I don't think I need new wiring for now

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 9:10pm On Jan 16, 2017
iamawara:

Lol. Thanks Oga Ceejay. I only have 2 40w bulb, 40w TV, Startimes, a rechargeable fan, phone and laptop charger. So I don't think I need new wiring for now

What if u don't have light for a week and u need to charge the inverter with ur generator running, so u keep inter changing ?
Ur gen wire will be outside ur house, so when u are not using ur gen u will leave ur inverter or ups and battery and smart charger outside ur house where ur gen wire is ?
It won't cost much, all u need is a flexible wire,measure from ur ceiling to where u will connect to ur extension box, lamp holder for energy saving bulbs,a bulb ON & OFF switch,an extension plug that will go into the ups or inverter to supply power, 7w or 9w energy saving bulb, 5w wont be bright enough except for small rooms,

(2). For ur inverter: u need a 200ah battery, a 12v 1.2kva ups or 12v 650Va ups, 30amp smart charger,
All na small small,

(3). Later, u switch to solar
Solar panel and charge controller

Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jan 16, 2017
ceejay80s:
Its very easy, there are different ways that u can entertain urself when u are at home.

All you need is Gotv and an LCD with a very low wattage or a PC monitor that has AV input ,a 650va UPS, a 12v 40ah fullriver valve regulated battery and a smart charger.

I bought my 40ah battery brand new at oshodi for 6k its equivalent to deep cycle batteries and I bought my 20amp smart battery charger at idioro mushin for 7k, with this u can stay connected to ur favorite programs on TV or watch movies on ur LCD via external hdd, if u already have an LCD TV, just check the watts ,if its above 100, then u need to get a 15inch monitor that has AV input II bought mine 5k at computer village, the smart charger charges the battery,the ups stands as the power, my 15inch monitor is 34watts while the blu ray player is just 16watts.

So......

When there is no electricity ,my 40ah battery can power my 15inch LCD and Gotv or blu ray player for full 9hrs.

Note: It only powers my Gotv, bluray and 15inch LCD, imagine if I have 2 of that battery nko? That means I will never miss my favorite programs.

See pic below

Please chat me or call me so i can pay you to do for me or you can assist me, anyone...07036605597
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 3:27pm On Jan 17, 2017
Phinalphantasy:

Please chat me or call me so i can pay you to do for me or you can assist me, anyone...07036605597

07032659200 whatsapp

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mukhcech(m): 1:00am On Jan 18, 2017
ceejay80s:

07032659200 whatsapp

Oga Ceejay. pls how is ur solar charging time and voltage. can u adjust ur charge controller charging voltage?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 7:41am On Jan 18, 2017
mukhcech:

Oga Ceejay. pls how is ur solar charging time and voltage. can u adjust ur charge controller charging voltage?

When there's no light my solar doesn't fully charge my battery everyday but it give me enough charge for that day and the following day sun must resume work to charge the battery again, I don't need another panel except I add more batteries but I am satisfied with it.
My charge controller has adjustable settings only when its on user mode

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 9:55am On Jan 20, 2017
i dont know if inverters works like this but, my ups shuts down immediately the negative and positive wire bridges together, instead of sparking and causing fire, the ups trips off, it has happened on so many occasion to me , unlike the normal electricity from nepa, if u bridge the negative and positive wire together, u go fear spark
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by anochuks08(m): 2:46pm On Jan 20, 2017
ceejay80s:
i dont know if inverters works like this but, my ups shuts down immediately the negative and positive wire bridges together, instead of sparking and causing fire, the ups trips off, it has happened on so many occasion to me , unlike the normal electricity from nepa, if u bridge the negative and positive wire together, u go fear spark
Thats called short circuit protection. inverters comes with both short circuit and overload protection.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 4:21pm On Jan 20, 2017
anochuks08:
Thats called short circuit protection. inverters comes with both short circuit and overload protection.
Yes, correct!!!
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by agentakins: 6:37pm On Jan 20, 2017
kingviny:
FOR SALE!!!

1.5kva ups converted to inverter, better and cheaper than souer portable inverter because it can backup and provide un-interrupted power supply. Works with a single battery.

Cost :- 5k flat

Cal:- 07081516945

I was the one dat called u about dis
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by omotech: 9:31pm On Jan 20, 2017
ceejay80s:

08185829225, his shop is at cole street ojuelegba surulere
Sorry for taking you back, i think cole is in lawason or another one,if it's another kindly drop d shop number & bustop i need the pc with av input thanx
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 12:57pm On Jan 21, 2017
The last time I saw light in my area was sunday last week, God go judge these nepa people
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 1:23pm On Jan 21, 2017
Hello guys good job. Please I need recommendations.

I want to to set up an inverter system basically for work. What's the best set up for 2 laptops, 2 rechargeable fans, and 1 energy saver bulb. I hardly watch TV or play music.

Best setup in terms of inverter size, battery, and charger. How long can my fully charged system last just powering my fans and laptops? Thanks.

Also, us there any good recommended seller in PH here? Thanks

ceejay80s
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Kreamie(m): 1:09pm On Jan 22, 2017
Using this medium to thank @ceejays80 I setup my inverter with his help. He gave me all the pointers needed and I'm enjoying electricity like never before.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 1:52pm On Jan 22, 2017
ceejay80s:
The last time I saw light in my area was sunday last week, God go judge these nepa people
INDESTRUCTABLEX:
Hello guys good job. Please I need recommendations.

I want to to set up an inverter system basically for work. What's the best set up for 2 laptops, 2 rechargeable fans, and 1 energy saver bulb. I hardly watch TV or play music.

Best setup in terms of inverter size, battery, and charger. How long can my fully charged system last just powering my fans and laptops? Thanks.

Also, us there any good recommended seller in PH here? Thanks

ceejay80s

Ceajay ejor e help me oooo
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 3:48pm On Jan 22, 2017
Kreamie:
Using this medium to thank @ceejays80 I setup my inverter with his help. He gave me all the pointers needed and I'm enjoying electricity like never before.

Where my recharge card? Lol, since wey u promise me, take care of that thing like ur baby, don't overload it

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (356) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.