Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,580 members, 7,837,190 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Islamic Clerics Caused Jonathan’s Downfall –tanko Yakassai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Islamic Clerics Caused Jonathan’s Downfall –tanko Yakassai (572 Views)

The Tanko Yakassai Interview On Channels TV Everyone Is Talking About (Video) / Femi Fani-kayode‏ Blasts Tanko Yakassai Over Channels Tv Interview - Pictures / APC Will Lose In 2019 - Yakassai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamic Clerics Caused Jonathan’s Downfall –tanko Yakassai by Visocrate(m): 5:53pm On Jul 05, 2015
Alhaji Tanko Yakassai has been in politics since the first republic as a member of the radical Northern Elements Progressives Union. In the runup to the last election, the elder statesman set up the Northern Elders Council and swam against the tide of the mainstream politics of the North, by supporting then President Goodluck Jonathan. In this interview at his ‘Yankaba residence in Kano, the 89 year old politician explains to IBRAHEEM MUSA why he did not campaign for Muhammadu Buhari
Last week, you were asked to assess the All Peoples Congress-led federal government but you declined. You argued that one month was too early to do so. But what is your interim assessment of the administration so far?
I served in government for a total of 12 years; at the state level for eight years and at the federal level for four years. And I realise that government is not something that you just come in and start unfolding things. You need to understand it. If you leave government and come back after five years, you are almost a fresh person. So, you need to study various situations. I said that, I think it’s not fair to asses a government within a period of 30 days.
But I made a point, that personally, if I were the one elected to that position, at least by now, I would have appointed my Secretary to the Government, my Chief of Staff, my Principal Secretary and their supporting staff. This is because a President cannot operate on his own; he has to have those basic and necessary staff that will assist in carrying out directives. If I have any other comment, it’s only in respect of the fact that the President has not, as yet, appointed those key officers who will definitely assist in the administration’s efforts to take off. Without them, the President can’t be writing letters himself. This was the comment that I made and I still stand by it.
Re: Islamic Clerics Caused Jonathan’s Downfall –tanko Yakassai by Visocrate(m): 5:54pm On Jul 05, 2015
to continue ....... click on the source link . newtelegraphonline.com/islamic-clerics-caused-jonathans-downfall-tanko-yakassai/
Re: Islamic Clerics Caused Jonathan’s Downfall –tanko Yakassai by Remsilla(m): 5:55pm On Jul 05, 2015
cool
Re: Islamic Clerics Caused Jonathan’s Downfall –tanko Yakassai by siraj1402(m): 5:55pm On Jul 05, 2015
Man watch your tongue.
Re: Islamic Clerics Caused Jonathan’s Downfall –tanko Yakassai by Demmocrats(m): 6:02pm On Jul 05, 2015
Re: Islamic Clerics Caused Jonathan’s Downfall –tanko Yakassai by ERODEDEAST(f): 6:41pm On Jul 05, 2015
This na Old and forgotten Story na, who is not aware except you are living in a Cave.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Fires All Political Appointees Serving As Ambassadors Overseas / Beyond The Change / NLC Directs Osun Workers To Resume Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.