Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? (51526 Views)

Do You Remember This Cartoon? / Do You Remember This, How Old Were You Then? / Can You Remember This Childhood Thing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 06, 2015
Shezhawt:

Lol... I know 'em all
hehehe. U don tey o! And u say ur young.
Re: Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? by Whobedatte(m): 10:35am On Jul 06, 2015
It was through this bubble gum I knew the largest stadium in the world is the 'maracana' in brazil grin
I remember those days when my sister would only use her pocket money to buy
Sisi pelebe
Ofiyo
Eyin alangba
Lolly
Baba dudu
Coconut
Balewa
Chewing gum
Kokoro
Etc
You just made me remember time past

1 Like

Re: Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? by Redman44(m): 10:36am On Jul 06, 2015
Robot chewing gum is produced by Sumal Foods in Ibadan. This chewing gum is still in existence and is mostly sold by Mallams in their small kiosks. I remember buying it from a Mallam at Ajao Estate late last year. Bazooka Joe gum was the best though and I won't be surprised if it is still being sold in some parts of Nigeria. There was one chewing gum like that- it had cartoons of Cowboys and Indians placed into the inner part of the wrapper. I loved that chewing gum die cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. The Cowboy and Indians were always engaged in battles in the cartoons. Who remembers the name of the chewing gum? Help me, out smiley smiley smiley smiley.

1 Like

Re: Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? by ElFenomeno1: 10:38am On Jul 06, 2015
The chewing gum that fu..cks your gum up, expands the cranium and causes the brain serious discomfort! grin
Re: Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 06, 2015
shockwave91:

hehehe. U don tey o! And u say ur young.
I dunno about you But 20 is very much yound tongue
Re: Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? by emeka2847: 10:40am On Jul 06, 2015
OP do you know this one?
Akeelahtunez:
grin smiley can any1 remember dis sweet

1 Like

Re: Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 06, 2015
Akeelahtunez:

Its not sweet.......duh!!

Its chew gum
Re: Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? by doskyval(m): 10:42am On Jul 06, 2015
Yes nah, reminds ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ ๑ƒ primary skul days. There's anoda 1called banana chewing gum (yellow in color, has currrent affairs question Ãήϑ answers like d former) its been years i saw dem last! Even jenka Ãήϑ sprint gan
Re: Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? by Eniqurl(f): 10:43am On Jul 06, 2015
2 fr #5
Re: Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? by Tonytonex(m): 10:43am On Jul 06, 2015
yes! e stil dey my area. if u need one i can help u get it.
Re: Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 06, 2015
Shezhawt:

hehehe. Says who? tongue
Re: Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:45am On Jul 06, 2015
Oh I remember it now.
We would cut it in half and rewarp the rest for chewing at a later date cheesy
Primary school things grin
Re: Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 06, 2015
Akeelahtunez:

This chewing gum wey dem do yesterday , op you sef na pikin , if na Bazooka Joe you post now I go say you and I would be age mates
Re: Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? by creamylicious(f): 10:47am On Jul 06, 2015
very crude chewing gum. not teeth friendly at all. aje pako things on point
Re: Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? by CeceNene(f): 10:47am On Jul 06, 2015
Akeelahtunez:

Lol OP last time I visited those bubble gum where still in existence
Re: Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? by hapheeyxz: 10:49am On Jul 06, 2015
Intendy:
chai do you remember gogo,Éclair's sweet
very well boss, u b arugbo ojo ooo.
Re: Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? by DrDxtrz: 10:53am On Jul 06, 2015
Houseofglam7:

Na oga go fit answer dat one.
He calls the shots you know.
Girl, you are pretty
Re: Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? by freshdude99(m): 10:54am On Jul 06, 2015
Shezhawt:

Whoops! Is that you on your dp? Quite hottie indeed kiss kiss kiss
You get it all
Re: Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? by 2goodbobo(m): 10:55am On Jul 06, 2015
What i like about it is the quiz questions that comes in the wrap when you open it grin
Re: Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? by ORACLE1975(m): 10:55am On Jul 06, 2015
0955eb027:
HaAaaa! I get plenty story abt dat chewing gum o...
@OP I beg go find Bazzooka bubble gum.
Re: Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 06, 2015
freshdude99:
Whoops! Is that you on your dp? Quite hottie indeed kiss kiss kiss You get it all
If there's anyone who looks like me, I'd like to know her... Lol thats me..
Thanks
Re: Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 06, 2015
Houseofglam7:
Yes ke!
#1 each..... You buy #20 worth, na your teeth go suffer am cheesy

Dem neva born you when dem dey sell sweet and chewing gum 4 for 25kobo. Chai! na small pikin full Nairaland
Re: Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 06, 2015
shockwave91:

hehehe. Says who? tongue
Re: Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? by princemikky001: 11:01am On Jul 06, 2015
Akeelahtunez:
na chewin gum dem even dey put ques and ans inside d paper of d chewing gum
Re: Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? by freshdude99(m): 11:04am On Jul 06, 2015
Shezhawt:

If there's anyone who looks like me, I'd like to know her... Lol thats me..

Thanks
I look like you now, didn't you see it. Anyways you hansom tho grin
Re: Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? by Houseofglam7(f): 11:05am On Jul 06, 2015
DrDxtrz:

Girl, you are pretty
Thanks
Re: Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 06, 2015
Shezhawt:

LOL.

Oya u r young na....u r young. It's not like i'm even any much older
Re: Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? by eaglechild: 11:10am On Jul 06, 2015
naijathings:
God , if i see this chewing gum one more time on nairaland frontpage I am gonna piss on my laptop.

i see this like 25000000 times a year on nairaland.
as for the chewing gum, i can remember lots of questions and answers i learnt from that gum and
i remember how i used to get pissed when I see the same question on the bubble gum over and over
again especially this one

HOW WEIGHT OF A WHALE IS EQUAL TO THE WEIGHT OF 25 ELEPHANTS
LMAO!

Dandy bubblegum is even older.
Re: Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? by BOUNTYDOG(m): 11:10am On Jul 06, 2015
Way back when!
I remember bazooka,it used to have a small piece covering the gum aside the main cover.
I remember one particular write up where they were looking for who took the oranges.Joe who took the oranges quickly chipped in saying have you asked mummy.lol
We used to compete for who gets the "have u asked mummy sticker from its gum and this made me swallow many gumsin search.and when I poo in the toilet I see gums plenty in my poo
I remember big dip too
A very rich chocolate coated ice cream

1 Like

Re: Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? by kellyAB: 11:11am On Jul 06, 2015
Dis one na yesterday chew gum, talk of BAZOOKA BUBBLE GUM, DANDY CHEW GUM, GUDDY GUDDY SWEET, this are for those who are 40yrs Above.
Re: Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? by Redman44(m): 11:19am On Jul 06, 2015
kellyAB:
Dis one na yesterday chew gum, talk of BAZOOKA BUBBLE GUM, DANDY CHEW GUM, GUDDY GUDDY SWEET, this are for those who are 40yrs Above.

I am not yet 40 years old but I know about Goody Goody Sweet and Bazooka Joe chewing gum. Bazooka Joe chewing gum was the BOMB back in the 80's to around 1990 or so. From 1991, Bazooka Joe gum seemed to have disappeared from shops and mallam aboki cubicles in Nigeria cry cry cry cry. I don't know about Dandy Chewing gum though. I never heard of it. There was one chewing gum like that that was designed like Bazooka Joe chewing gum. It had a red wrapper and had cartoons of Cowboys and Indians inside it. I think the name of the chewing gum was Bunny Chewing gum or so. I hope I am right. Sumal Foods in Ibadan is still making the chewing gum the OP is talking about. The OP's chewing gum is a recent product. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? by Jaymaxxy(m): 11:25am On Jul 06, 2015
veave:
50kobo... buy #1 Mallam gives you 3. Hehe grin grin grin

But no be today Mallam start business oh. What of jenka

I swear u don tey!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? / 'I'm Childless! But, My Landlady Is Pregnant For My Husband!' / How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.