Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,035 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court (21011 Views)

PDP Caucus Accuses Tinubu, EFCC Of Conspiracy To Destroy Senate / Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court: Punch / Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court by HzRF(m): 2:15am On Jul 06, 2015
The Senator representing Kogi West Senatorial District, Dino Melaye, on Sunday alleged that a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, had decided to offer support for Senator Smart Adeyemi, who is currently challenging his electoral victory at the Court of Appeal.

Melaye, an APC senator, told journalists in Abuja that Tinubu had contacted the immediate-past Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Mohammed Bello Adoke (SAN), to take over the legal battle on behalf of Adeyemi.

He also said that Adeyemi, on the request of Tinubu, had forwarded details of the suit to Adoke, asking him to look for a judge in the Court of Appeal that would offer assistance.

But Tinubu, in his reaction, had asked Melaye to look elsewhere for people to blackmail.

Tinubu, who spoke through his Media Adviser, Mr. Sunday Dare, said it was nothing but a “kitchen of malicious lies.”

Dare said, “This is another lie from their kitchen of malicious lies. They are all over the social and traditional media, spewing lies and planting stories. We are not about that. Nigerians are not as gullible as they think.

“He is aligned with people who want to kill the party, and we wish him luck, but they will not succeed because the party belongs to the Nigerian people.

“This blackmail, like other ones, will not work. It cannot stick. Adoke? Who is he? Tinubu cannot recall when last he saw him or even spoke with him. Dino should look elsewhere for people to blackmail.”

Melaye had claimed that he incurred the wrath of Tinubu after refusing to back down from supporting the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, during the recently concluded election of presiding officers of the 8th Senate.

But Melaye said he had no regret over his role, leading to the emergence of Saraki as the Senate President.

He said, “I have no regret supporting Senator Saraki and my electoral victory was ordained by God and not by man. Therefore, no mortal can reverse it. In God I trust, no matter how desperate they might be.

“I am privy to an electronic mail sent to Adoke by an Abuja-based senior editor who is close to Tinubu in which he forwarded the court papers filed by Smart Adeyemi at the tribunal to Adoke.

“In the said e-mail, Adoke was told to look for a trusted justice in the Court of Appeal who would be useful for Smart Adeyemi.”

It will be recalled that the Election Petition Tribunal in Lokoja had upheld the election of Melaye who was elected on the platform of the APC.

The tribunal had dismissed the petition filed by a former chairman of the Nigeria Union of Journalists and former chairman, Senate Committee on FCT, Adeyemi, because his lawyers filed their defence too late.

Delivering judgment in the suit, Chairman of the three-member tribunal, Justice Akon Ikpeme, described the petition by Adeyemi, the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, as “incurably defective.”
http://www.punchng.com/news/tribunal-melaye-accuses-tinubu-of-backing-adeyemi-at-acourt/
Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court by jane0000(f): 2:18am On Jul 06, 2015
How dare Meleye to accused Tinubu of such That guy is an Id*iot.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court by dayo23(f): 2:35am On Jul 06, 2015
Dino must b high on cheap Crack, while posting this comment. God will destroy him for mentioning Tinubu’s name. Everything Tinubu this Tinubu and that....Useless goats

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court by staymore: 2:35am On Jul 06, 2015
Tinubu caught playing those outdated politics again.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court by oshyno(m): 2:38am On Jul 06, 2015
And the cooky crumbles. This is how you know when you have been scammed. Now that GEJ is out, sharing the spoils has become their biggest challenge. They saw in PMB a man of impeccable character they could leverage on to unseat GEJ. Even Buhari is aghast to these leeches penchant for looting and he will spend the whole term trying to balance their needs. Afterall they all worked to install him there. Onye oru nwere ugwo.

He might be innocent of Melaye's accusation but I know the man Tinubu is definitely cooking up something. Hez not going to take the humiliation these "small boyz" gave him just like that. Mbanu.

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court by Nempi(m): 2:42am On Jul 06, 2015
Too bad

1 Like

Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court by libertyfather(m): 2:53am On Jul 06, 2015
2:43am just need to get rid of this last mosquito, 2 gone down, 1 left so annoying,wicked, devilish and disturbing, will load the video when I succeed

Then I will pop nose into matter of Dino and melaye who is sleeping presently in AC covered with 1inch duvet

7 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court by Perfectwazobia: 2:53am On Jul 06, 2015
I don't believe this one bit...guess someone is afraid here of losing his senatorial seat #gbam

3 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court by dustmalik: 2:59am On Jul 06, 2015
Dino is gradually going insane.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court by scribble: 3:02am On Jul 06, 2015
Bitter Asiwaju

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court by Maxymilliano(m): 3:03am On Jul 06, 2015
Tinubu is a master of the game where treachery and backstabbing is the order of the day.

Ribadu Presidential ambition in 2011 comes to mind, dealing with a man like Tinubu is like eating with the devil with a long fork ...

8 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court by Pangea: 3:08am On Jul 06, 2015
Tinubu don suffer!
Anyone that can not even impregnate their wives will also blame Tinubu.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court by HzRF(m): 3:12am On Jul 06, 2015
Pangea:
Tinubu don suffer!
Anyone that can not even impregnate their wives will also blame Tinubu.
Let him take over from GEJ nw
GEJ too suffer no be small

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court by OPCNAIRALAND: 3:15am On Jul 06, 2015
oshyno:
And the cooky crumbles. This is how you know when you have been scammed. Now that GEJ is out, sharing the spoils has become their biggest challenge. They saw in PMB a man of impeccable character they could leverage on to unseat GEJ. Even Buhari is aghast to these leeches penchant for looting and he will spend the whole term trying to balance their needs. Afterall they all worked to install him there. Onye oru nwere ugwo.

He might be innocent of Melaye's accusation but I know the man Tinubu is definitely cooking up something. Hez not going to take the humiliation these "small boyz" gave him just like that. Mbanu.

Tinubu is already strategizing forward to 2019. If he plans on defeating the small boyz who want to be President by all means, 2019 is the battle date. He has no time for them at moment, he is busy planning ministerial appointments and bringing foreign investors to the country. grin. The ministerial appointments will be the anti-dote for small boyz.

7 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court by brainpower(m): 3:36am On Jul 06, 2015
Melaye and controversy sha. He knows Tinubu isn't happy with him for his role in the emergence of saraki and he's being careful knowing how dangerous Tinubu is. But one thing I know is he's going to be very useful in the senate, incase you need a radical person to push your agenda just call on Melaye. I hope all these power tussle doesn't affect the country negatively and to anybody who thinks Tinubu is too big to fall should understand that anybody can fall provided the right moves are taken. But in as much as I may not like the Melaye guy, I think he's better at the senate compared to Smart Adeyemi but Smart adeyemi will bring better dividends to his people.

4 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court by Badguytinz(m): 3:39am On Jul 06, 2015
Ghen ghen.......,
Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court by wengerjay(m): 4:41am On Jul 06, 2015
Nigerians dey watch o

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court by jammani(m): 4:56am On Jul 06, 2015
The Melaye guy quickly shout out before things go out of hand. LoL, Tinubu is la Tormenta

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court by MisterLongman(m): 5:30am On Jul 06, 2015
Less than 2 months in power and APC is already crumbling at the speed of light......
Doubt if the Old man in the villa can salvage the situation with the selfish people he is surrounded with

3 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court by arabbunkum: 5:34am On Jul 06, 2015
Meleye should expect the worst cos Tinubu is a mean and vindictive politician.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court by Jaymaxxy(m): 5:36am On Jul 06, 2015
HzRF:

The Senator representing Kogi West Senatorial District, Dino Melaye, on Sunday alleged that a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, had decided to offer support for Senator Smart Adeyemi, who is currently challenging his electoral victory at the Court of Appeal.

Melaye, an APC senator, told journalists in Abuja that Tinubu had contacted the immediate-past Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Mohammed Bello Adoke (SAN), to take over the legal battle on behalf of Adeyemi.

He also said that Adeyemi, on the request of Tinubu, had forwarded details of the suit to Adoke, asking him to look for a judge in the Court of Appeal that would offer assistance.

But Tinubu, in his reaction, had asked Melaye to look elsewhere for people to blackmail.

Tinubu, who spoke through his Media Adviser, Mr. Sunday Dare, said it was nothing but a “kitchen of malicious lies.”

Dare said, “This is another lie from their kitchen of malicious lies. They are all over the social and traditional media, spewing lies and planting stories. We are not about that. Nigerians are not as gullible as they think.

“He is aligned with people who want to kill the party, and we wish him luck, but they will not succeed because the party belongs to the Nigerian people.

“This blackmail, like other ones, will not work. It cannot stick. Adoke? Who is he? Tinubu cannot recall when last he saw him or even spoke with him. Dino should look elsewhere for people to blackmail.”

Melaye had claimed that he incurred the wrath of Tinubu after refusing to back down from supporting the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, during the recently concluded election of presiding officers of the 8th Senate.

But Melaye said he had no regret over his role, leading to the emergence of Saraki as the Senate President.

He said, “I have no regret supporting Senator Saraki and my electoral victory was ordained by God and not by man. Therefore, no mortal can reverse it. In God I trust, no matter how desperate they might be.

“I am privy to an electronic mail sent to Adoke by an Abuja-based senior editor who is close to Tinubu in which he forwarded the court papers filed by Smart Adeyemi at the tribunal to Adoke.

“In the said e-mail, Adoke was told to look for a trusted justice in the Court of Appeal who would be useful for Smart Adeyemi.”

It will be recalled that the Election Petition Tribunal in Lokoja had upheld the election of Melaye who was elected on the platform of the APC.

The tribunal had dismissed the petition filed by a former chairman of the Nigeria Union of Journalists and former chairman, Senate Committee on FCT, Adeyemi, because his lawyers filed their defence too late.

Delivering judgment in the suit, Chairman of the three-member tribunal, Justice Akon Ikpeme, described the petition by Adeyemi, the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, as “incurably defective.”
http://www.punchng.com/news/tribunal-melaye-accuses-tinubu-of-backing-adeyemi-at-acourt/

And Jagaban be like ===>

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court by Bollove: 5:53am On Jul 06, 2015
Dino melaye no doubt is mouthed like Ayo Fayose ... But if sontin is not cooking from Jagaban angle , Dino won't shout ooo !!

4 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court by Rotimi47: 5:54am On Jul 06, 2015
HzRF:

The front supporter of Saraki is afraid! Why now? After all that noise abeg leave Tinubu out of your predicament as I don't understand why everyone keep calling out Tinubu's name, the same man some CAPITAL MUMU call a regional champion.

10 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court by doublewisdom: 5:57am On Jul 06, 2015
The Northerners are f2king Tinubu from every side. Hope he survives it.

13 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court by doublewisdom: 5:59am On Jul 06, 2015
Tinubu is a traitor. Trust him and his people at your own peril.

13 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court by 1after: 6:07am On Jul 06, 2015
doublewisdom:
Tinubu is a traitor. Trust him and his people at your own peril.

Yeebhoes are cursed people and will always call everyone traitor. No one take you people serious cos of your ways.

27 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court by Rotimi47: 6:10am On Jul 06, 2015
brainpower:
Melaye and controversy sha. He knows Tinubu isn't happy with him for his role in the emergence of saraki and he's being careful knowing how dangerous Tinubu is. But one thing I know is he's going to be very useful in the senate, incase you need a radical person to push your agenda just call on Melaye. I hope all these power tussle doesn't affect the country negatively and to anybody who thinks Tinubu is too big to fall should understand that anybody can fall provided the right moves are taken. But in as much as I may not like the Melaye guy, I think he's better at the senate compared to Smart Adeyemi but Smart adeyemi will bring better dividends to his people.
Tinubu have fought the federal government as the only governor of AD for 4 years when he was governor of Lagos state, that means he fought the whole federal might, Tinubu is very capable if taking APC and the North easily to the cleaners as he doesn't have any political ambition and that is his strength. People tend to easily forgot that he worked with Jonathan and Jonathan won, he worked against Jonathan and Jonathan lost, Buhari worked for years even with some if his Northern/Muslim brothers and he kept losing but Tinubu worked with him and he won; you don't fight someone that stand by you genuinely when you have problem or when you are looking for a favor after he helped you resolve it! Jonathan is a testimony to that, he fought the south west because the North, south east and south south mouth talked him into believing he have them and as such he doesn't need the south west and Alas! He kept fighting the south west eg Obasanjo and Tinubu, this lead to him being the first incumbent President to loss an election in Nigeria. 4 years is along time so let sit, relax and see how politricks unfold.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court by alaoeri: 6:25am On Jul 06, 2015
HzRF:

Let him take over from GEJ nw
GEJ too suffer no be small
Is Tinubu holding any political post, so why must he suffer?
As for Dino, they will wait for him by 2019 APC won't give him a return ticket & PDP will reject him technically its over for him.

10 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court by papoose999(m): 6:46am On Jul 06, 2015
[quote][/quote] grin fire burning insdd APC camp
Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court by vedaxcool(m): 6:51am On Jul 06, 2015
J for Jagaban the great suduer of the otueke drinker.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court by oshyno(m): 7:12am On Jul 06, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

Tinubu is already strategizing forward to 2019. If he plans on defeating the small boyz who want to be President by all means, 2019 is the battle date. He has no time for them at moment, he is busy planning ministerial appointments and bringing foreign investors to the country. grin. The ministerial appointments will be the anti-dote for small boyz.

Just thinking out loud, what if they disgrace him again with ministerial positions. Lolz @ Tinubu bringing in foreign investment.Like he cares about the country. Politicians are worse than the hoes. He will be fvcked even more if he is making deals with anybody ahead of 2019 election.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court by onyiloyi(m): 7:22am On Jul 06, 2015
Melaye is becoming too loud for my liking after aligning wit Saraki to stab APC in d back

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019: Stop Playing God, Northern Youths Tell Obasanjo / Osun To Sack 769 Civil Servants / PDP G5 Not Dead, Will Act On Feb 25 – Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.