Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court: Punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court: Punch (1528 Views)

PDP Caucus Accuses Tinubu, EFCC Of Conspiracy To Destroy Senate / Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court / Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court: Punch by sunshine1974(m): 5:18am On Jul 06, 2015
The Senator representing Kogi West Senatorial District, Dino Melaye, on Sunday alleged that a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, had decided to offer support for Senator Smart Adeyemi, who is currently challenging his electoral victory at the Court of Appeal.

Melaye, an APC senator, told journalists in Abuja that Tinubu had contacted the immediate-past Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Mohammed Bello Adoke (SAN), to take over the legal battle on behalf of Adeyemi.

He also said that Adeyemi, on the request of Tinubu, had forwarded details of the suit to Adoke, asking him to look for a judge in the Court of Appeal that would offer assistance.

But Tinubu, in his reaction, had asked Melaye to look elsewhere for people to blackmail.

Tinubu, who spoke through his Media Adviser, Mr. Sunday Dare, said it was nothing but a “kitchen of malicious lies.”

Dare said, “This is another lie from their kitchen of malicious lies. They are all over the social and traditional media, spewing lies and planting stories. We are not about that. Nigerians are not as gullible as they think.

“He is aligned with people who want to kill the party, and we wish him luck, but they will not succeed because the party belongs to the Nigerian people.

“This blackmail, like other ones, will not work. It cannot stick. Adoke? Who is he? Tinubu cannot recall when last he saw him or even spoke with him. Dino should look elsewhere for people to blackmail.”

Melaye had claimed that he incurred the wrath of Tinubu after refusing to back down from supporting the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, during the recently concluded election of presiding officers of the 8th Senate.

But Melaye said he had no regret over his role, leading to the emergence of Saraki as the Senate President.

He said, “I have no regret supporting Senator Saraki and my electoral victory was ordained by God and not by man. Therefore, no mortal can reverse it. In God I trust, no matter how desperate they might be.

“I am privy to an electronic mail sent to Adoke by an Abuja-based senior editor who is close to Tinubu in which he forwarded the court papers filed by Smart Adeyemi at the tribunal to Adoke.

“In the said e-mail, Adoke was told to look for a trusted justice in the Court of Appeal who would be useful for Smart Adeyemi.”

It will be recalled that the Election Petition Tribunal in Lokoja had upheld the election of Melaye who was elected on the platform of the APC.

The tribunal had dismissed the petition filed by a former chairman of the Nigeria Union of Journalists and former chairman, Senate Committee on FCT, Adeyemi, because his lawyers filed their defence too late.

Delivering judgment in the suit, Chairman of the three-member tribunal, Justice Akon Ikpeme, described the petition by Adeyemi, the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, as “incurably defective.”

Copyright PUNCH.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.

http://www.punchng.com/news/tribunal-melaye-accuses-tinubu-of-backing-adeyemi-at-acourt/
Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court: Punch by madridguy(m): 5:19am On Jul 06, 2015
Dino Melaye, how I wish you are on this forum to read my little advise. Never try to sideline your master, you and the likes of Saraki, Dogora and other traitors need to apologize to Tinubu. If Tinubu can unseat an incumbent president then who are you. PMB his a living witness to testify to how strong his Jagaban of Africa is. PMB has been on this course far back 12 years ago alone, we all know what happened when Jagaban intervene in his political career. You people have been childish, well, when the jungle matured we will be able to differentiate boys from men. Long life Jagaban of Africa, the mover and shaker of Nigeria politics. God Bless My Beloved Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court: Punch by sademola: 5:23am On Jul 06, 2015
Dog chop dog!!!
Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court: Punch by arabbunkum: 5:23am On Jul 06, 2015
You should have known that Tinubu is a very vindictive man.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court: Punch by sunshine1974(m): 5:46am On Jul 06, 2015
Don't be a dickhead, Tinubu's political career just hit the rocks, by 2019 he will be finished completely.
madridguy:
Dino Melaye, how I wish you are on this forum to read my little advise. Never try to sideline your master, you and the likes of Saraki, Dogora and other traitors need to apologize to Tinubu. If Tinubu can unseat an incumbent president then who are you. PMB his a living witness to testify to how strong his Jagaban of Africa is. PMB has been on this course far back 12 years ago alone, we all know what happened when Jagaban intervene in his political career. You people have been childish, well, when the jungle matured we will be able to differentiate boys from men. Long life Jagaban of Africa, the mover and shaker of Nigeria politics. God Bless My Beloved Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court: Punch by doublewisdom: 5:51am On Jul 06, 2015
Every Northerner seems to be against Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court: Punch by madridguy(m): 5:51am On Jul 06, 2015
You must be kidding. Jagaban remain untouchable and no one can sideline Jagaban. Even OBJ tried it then with no positive response. Ask your broda GEJ he knows better. Jagaban giving some people headache since 1999.

sunshine1974:
Don't be a dickhead, Tinubu's political career just hit the rocks, by 2019 he will be finished completely.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court: Punch by sunshine1974(m): 5:54am On Jul 06, 2015
U are so funny, ur kind just follow sheepishly without even knowing the reasonreason
madridguy:
You must be kidding. Jagaban remain untouchable and no one can sideline Jagaban. Even OBJ tried it then with no positive response. Ask your broda GEJ he knows better. Jagaban giving some people headache since 1999.

Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court: Punch by madridguy(m): 5:58am On Jul 06, 2015
Tell me then ...lol

sunshine1974:
U are so funny, ur kind just follow sheepishly without even knowing the reasonreason
Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court: Punch by stinggy(m): 6:08am On Jul 06, 2015
No end in sight to Tinubu's woes. Seems his people are determined to bury him politically.
But just like the proverbial cat with 9 lives, I know he'll bounce back. He's faced worse situations.
Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court: Punch by Nobody: 6:30am On Jul 06, 2015
All those against Tinubu are simply working for PDP, let me tell you, the South West will pull out of APC and heaven will not fall. We have been in the opposition since independence and yet remain the most developed region in Nigeria, both intellectually and infrastructurally...single-handedly, we can make or marr any government in power.... ask IBB, Abacha and GEJ.

IBB tried to cheat our M.K.O, and by the time the yorubas dealt with him spiritually, psychologically, financially and physically, he had to run awy for his life, handing over to a yoruba Shonekan as interim Head of Govt just to show his remorsefulness.

Abacha knows what happened to him the moment he imprisoned Diya and OBJ claiming to be untouchable...too sad he got the maximum unishment...but yes, he must be sorry right now...even his CSO, El-Mustafa is yet to recover from the hardship the lagos state govt under Tinubu made him go through for 14 yrs.

Don't bother asking GEJ what the yorubas did to him, he is still trying to recuperate in a london rehabilitation home (hahahah). He thought we were as cheap as snubbing us al through his days in office, only to send some accursed dollar notes to yoruba kings an thugs....well, his story is history. But here is my warning...

If Dino Melaye wants to show his bravity, let him carry on....he may win the battle, but will never win the War...

Aya gidi gba ko le silekun....dazall

3 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court: Punch by alaoeri: 6:38am On Jul 06, 2015
sunshine1974:
By 2019 Dino & other traitors political career will be over & not that of Jagaban, APC will deny Dino & his fellow travellers a return ticket & PDP will reject them, the worst that can happen to Jagaban is for APC to scatter & he will return to his regional politics.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court: Punch by Lobolintin(m): 6:47am On Jul 06, 2015
soe:
All those against Tinubu are simply working for PDP, let me tell you, the South West will pull out of APC and heaven will not fall. We have been in the opposition since independence and yet remain the most developed region in Nigeria, both intellectually and infrastructurally...single-handedly, we can make or marr any government in power.... ask IBB, Abacha and GEJ.

IBB tried to cheat our M.K.O, and by the time the yorubas dealt with him spiritually, psychologically, financially and physically, he had to run awy for his life, handing over to a yoruba Shonekan as interim Head of Govt just to show his remorsefulness.

Abacha knows what happened to him the moment he imprisoned Diya and OBJ claiming to be untouchable...too sad he got the maximum unishment...but yes, he must be sorry right now...even his CSO, El-Mustafa is yet to recover from the hardship the lagos state govt under Tinubu made him go through for 14 yrs.

Don't bother asking GEJ what the yorubas did to him, he is still trying to recuperate in a london rehabilitation home (hahahah). He thought we were as cheap as snubbing us al through his days in office, only to send some accursed dollar notes to yoruba kings an thugs....well, his story is history. But here is my warning...

If Dino Melaye wants to show his bravity, let him carry on....he may win the battle, but will never win the War...

How old are you ?
You don't know nothing in naija politics...
You just wrote Bullshits here ...
Grow up dude.....
Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court: Punch by adedejihollas(m): 6:52am On Jul 06, 2015
The more they acused Tinubu the more he porpular

Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court: Punch by stabillo(m): 6:55am On Jul 06, 2015
soe:

I don't understand your ranting, When you work against Tinubu's APC, does that mean you're working against Yoruba nation?
I am Yoruba, so as Dino and Saraki, we can never be stooge to your selfish and greedy jagaban. The earlier you realize this, the better for you.

3 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court: Punch by oshyno(m): 7:03am On Jul 06, 2015
And the cooky crumbles. This is how you know when you have been scammed. Now that GEJ is out, sharing the spoils has become their biggest challenge. They saw in PMB a man of impeccable character they could leverage on to unseat GEJ. Even Buhari is aghast to these leeches penchant for looting and he will spend the whole term trying to balance their needs. Afterall they all worked to install him there. Onye oru nwere ugwo.

He might be innocent of Melaye's accusation but I know the man Tinubu is definitely cooking up something. Hez not going to take the humiliation these "small boyz" gave him just like that. Mbanu.
Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court: Punch by simpleseyi: 7:07am On Jul 06, 2015
sunshine1974:

The same song that Bode George, Obasanjo and all PDP members have been singing since 1998. Is it like the second coming of Jesus we have been hearing for over 2000 years?
Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court: Punch by Wildrage: 7:14am On Jul 06, 2015
Dino is a thief, Adeyemi is a thief, Tinubu is an armed robber. Let them call a conference of thieves and armed robbers and find an amicable settlement to their imbroglio.

We are more interested in what Buhari is doing to curb the spate of killings by B'H in the north.
Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court: Punch by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 06, 2015
madridguy:
Dino Melaye, how I wish you are on this forum to read my little advise. Never try to sideline your master, you and the likes of Saraki, Dogora and other traitors need to apologize to Tinubu. [b]If Tinubu can unseat an incumbent president [/b]then who are you. PMB his a living witness to testify to how strong his Jagaban of Africa is. PMB has been on this course far back 12 years ago alone, we all know what happened when Jagaban intervene in his political career. You people have been childish, well, when the jungle matured we will be able to differentiate boys from men. Long life Jagaban of Africa, the mover and shaker of Nigeria politics. God Bless My Beloved Nigeria.

You are very daft thinking Tinubu was the one who is responsible for GEJ exit, if he is that popular and accepted let him contest for ordinary VP and see if he will not make his running mate lose election.
Who won that election was Buhari and evrybody who said they are tire of Jonathan....Your Jagagban is fighting everybody from the North, they go show are, Opolo eye no be open eye oo grin
Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court: Punch by Nobody: 7:21am On Jul 06, 2015
soe:

MUMU, use that your spiritual power to free your Tribe from the shackles of your masters in the North, we dealt with this dealt with that yet your lick their a$$ every now and then, we are the most develop yet the only City SW can boast of is Lagos which we all know why it is developed
Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court: Punch by madridguy(m): 7:21am On Jul 06, 2015
Please I hate e-war and if you are quoting me let respect each other.

kaycid77:

You are very daft thinking Tinubu was the one who is responsible for GEJ exit, if he is that popular and accepted let him contest for ordinary VP and see if he will not make his running mate lose election.
Who won that election was Buhari and evrybody who said they are tire of Jonathan....Your Jagagban is fighting everybody from the North, they go show are, Opolo eye no be open eye oo grin
Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court: Punch by lordtech(m): 7:31am On Jul 06, 2015
Ok
Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court: Punch by paragon40(m): 7:40am On Jul 06, 2015
Dino is a Senator today because of Buhari's victory at the poll....as dem dey vote buhari no so ppl dey vote other apc aspirants....I didn't think it was this same Dino dat will first go against apc
Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court: Punch by fkaz(m): 7:46am On Jul 06, 2015
Dino is only looking for relevance, he is a lightweight politician, who knows that is action in the senate will cost him by 2019 because he only win the last election due to BUHARI TSUNAMI.

Don't be surprise if Dino Melaye start working against saraki or become Tinubu MOLE in N/A, that is the only game Dino knows how to play
Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court: Punch by Rexology: 8:12am On Jul 06, 2015
madridguy:
Dino Melaye, how I wish you are on this forum to read my little advise. Never try to sideline your master, you and the likes of Saraki, Dogora and other traitors need to apologize to Tinubu.If Tinubu can unseat an incumbent president then who are you. PMB his a living witness to testify to how strong his Jagaban of Africa is. PMB has been on this course far back 12 years ago alone, we all know what happened when Jagaban intervene in his political career. You people have been childish, well, when the jungle matured we will be able to differentiate boys from men. Long life Jagaban of Africa, the mover and shaker of Nigeria politics. God Bless My Beloved Nigeria.
So it was Tinubu that unseated Jonathan abi? Why did he not unseat him with ACN in 2011?
Why did he not contest for the presidency?
Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court: Punch by madridguy(m): 8:36am On Jul 06, 2015
2011 was used to teach Ribadu " Obasanjo Prodigal dog " a very big lesson in a bitter way. If you have been monitoring Nigeria politics closely, you will understand what am saying.

Rexology:

So it was Tinubu that unseated Jonathan abi? Why did he not unseat him with ACN in 2011?
Why did he not contest for the presidency?
Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court: Punch by sunshine1974(m): 8:43am On Jul 06, 2015
Let's wait and see
simpleseyi:

The same song that Bode George, Obasanjo and all PDP members have been singing since 1998. Is it like the second coming of Jesus we have been hearing for over 2000 years?
Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court: Punch by sunshine1974(m): 8:47am On Jul 06, 2015
Time shall tell.
alaoeri:

By 2019 Dino & other traitors political career will be over & not that of Jagaban, APC will deny Dino & his fellow travellers a return ticket & PDP will reject them, the worst that can happen to Jagaban is for APC to scatter & he will return to his regional politics.
Re: Tribunal: Melaye Accuses Tinubu Of Backing Adeyemi At A’court: Punch by sunshine1974(m): 8:53am On Jul 06, 2015
He can only bounce back if card reader fails or INEC goes back to the era of business as usual. But until den it's game over for him. Present day politics surpasses godfatherism. Nobody can fuckingg tell anybody who to vote for. People are wise now. Perform and be relected/supported, underperform and u are kicked out! Period.
stinggy:
No end in sight to Tinubu's woes. Seems his people are determined to bury him politically.
But just like the proverbial cat with 9 lives, I know he'll bounce back. He's faced worse situations.

(1) (Reply)

EXPOSED!!! Yar’adua Canceled Sale Of Refineries, Refunded Dangote’s $750m – OBJ / University Of Maiduguri Medical Students Offer Free Medical Services To Idps / Imagine A South-west Without Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.