Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,733 members, 7,824,070 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst (18810 Views)

What Needs To Happen In The Post Boko Haram War Period! / Kukah To FG: Be Prepared To Re-orientate Soldiers For Post Boko Haram Era / Progress Has Been Made In The Fight Against Boko Haram - UN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by brownlolly(m): 4:23am On Jul 06, 2015
An analyst with the United Nations Development Programme, UNDP, on Sunday in Abuja advised Nigeria to prepare for the post-insurgency rebuilding of the North East, destroyed by the Boko Haram insurgents.

Matthew Alao, a UN Conflict Prevention and Peace Building Analyst, told the News Agency of Nigeria that Nigeria was in the last phase of insurgency in the North East.

“We are getting into the last phase of insurgency in the North East.

“There is need for everybody to put hands on deck to ensure that the post-conflict reconstruction, reconciliation and rehabilitation, are done inclusively,” he said.

Mr. Alao said efforts should be geared ensuring that the post-conflict reconstruction, reconciliation and re-integration, were done inclusively, particularly with regards to women.

He regretted that women were the worst-hit in the Boko Haram attacks, as many of them had lost their husbands and children.

“You will agree with me that women generally in this part of Nigeria (North East) may be excluded, maybe not deliberately, but culturally.

“They may be excluded from taking active part in the post-conflict phase; women need to be included in all aspects of the post-conflict phase of the insurgency.

“Be it socio-economic, infrastructure rebuilding, reconciliation, mediation, or any other programmes that either government or donors want to bring to the North East, women have to play critical role.

“I believe that the various state governments will include women in the decision-making, programme design and implementation.
“We, the development partners, will also ensure that in all aspects that we are intervening, women are carried along,” he said.

Mr. Alao pledged the continuous support of the UN to the Boko Haram victims, saying that in the past, the organisation had provided various forms of support to the victims.

(NAN)
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/186118-nigeria-should-prepare-for-post-boko-haram-un-analyst.html

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by Nobody: 4:33am On Jul 06, 2015
Heard
Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by solarview(m): 4:40am On Jul 06, 2015
Post BH again?... Abi na JAMB

so...
What's our portion in this land called Nigeria?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by obioraval(m): 4:40am On Jul 06, 2015
ignore posters above
Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by oluwafemi113(m): 4:47am On Jul 06, 2015
Boko haram no they finish?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by Imortal001: 4:48am On Jul 06, 2015
Lets us curtail boko haram first before we can think about post boko haram whatever.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by Adeoba10(m): 4:58am On Jul 06, 2015
We neva pass jamb u dey tell us to dey prepare for post jamb.... Wu does dat?

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by Nobody: 5:06am On Jul 06, 2015
Prepare for post boko haram era . Are you kidding me?

Maybe this analysis was for last year 'cos as far as I'm concerned, we have gone back to the peak of boko haram era right now.

No thanks to the clueless Papa we have in Aso villa. angry

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by jane0000(f): 5:47am On Jul 06, 2015
Ok na. PMB do something ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOooooooooooooooooo
Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by olasmith10(m): 5:51am On Jul 06, 2015
IdiAmin1:
Prepare for post boko haram era . Are you kidding me?

Maybe this analysis was for last year 'cos as far as I'm concerned, we have gone back to the peak of boko haram era right now.

No thanks to the clueless Papa we have in Aso villa. angry

so are u saying d insurgents wldnt be tackled in d nearest future?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by omowolewa: 5:53am On Jul 06, 2015
This last phase isn't a child's play o!

I thought GEJ launched a program like this only that we read political meanings to it. I hope the plans hasn't been thrown to the wind of change.

Let just have Shekau in the net first.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by seedgreen(m): 5:54am On Jul 06, 2015
Following
Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by xcolanto(m): 6:02am On Jul 06, 2015
It seems the UN nalyst knows more than Nigerians and the government know about boko boys. How could he be so sure of boko Being in its ending phase? I foresee the federal government going into juicy negotiations with boko boys, a situation where they would be rehabilitated and well cartered for like the militants in the Niger delta region where once handled.
It's sad that after the north eastern people have finished destroying their region, the resources of the ND would be used to advance the region ahead of the local communities that provide these resources. The clear bias and further neglect of the ND by the FG is likely to rough up some feathers down south as it presently is now with the one-sided appointments experienced so far. The FG has to tread carefully with the way the boko menace is handled.

17 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by doublewisdom: 6:05am On Jul 06, 2015
More than 800 people dead within one month that Buhari became president and one yeye Mr Alao claims Boko Haram is coming to an end. Na crase dey worry am!

17 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by jammani(m): 6:10am On Jul 06, 2015
We know, let jst finish them, all these attention seeking book book analysts don come b that.
Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by vedaxcool(m): 6:18am On Jul 06, 2015
All theseBokoharam men Buhari go hammer them. They know the end is near end and putting up last show of force.

#sackmilitarychiefnow

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by dacrystal01(m): 6:20am On Jul 06, 2015
Hmmmm.. Naigeria Shall Be Great Again...
Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by Pavore9: 6:27am On Jul 06, 2015
The darkest hour is just before the dawn, l just pray this applies to the increased insurgency! angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by youngberry001(m): 6:33am On Jul 06, 2015
inshaa Allahu!!

we will win them soon nd Nigerian will becomes a peaceful country again.

#military

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by omenka(m): 6:47am On Jul 06, 2015
One word: Amen.
Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by sarmiie(m): 6:59am On Jul 06, 2015
I try not to be a tribalist, but this issue taxes the limits of my liberal leaning. Lemme stop there before I type something I'll regret. God help nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by chesterlee(m): 7:23am On Jul 06, 2015
Last phase ko.

...When people are still dying everyday like Chickens

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by StRichard(m): 9:00am On Jul 06, 2015
kiss
Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by rozayx5(m): 9:00am On Jul 06, 2015
olasmith10:

so are u saying d insurgents wldnt be tackled in d nearest future?

with triple D in aso rock . bh are free men
grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 06, 2015
Ok
Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by bluebay2(f): 9:02am On Jul 06, 2015
Ok
Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by Fixed900: 9:02am On Jul 06, 2015
we'll keep on winning hoping to continue our
good line
of business if you are a high staker and you are
interested in my Authentic fixed games call me for subscription details 08102446736 or message me on fb > https://facebook.com/lewis.peteroz

Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by kay29000(m): 9:02am On Jul 06, 2015
Hmm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fayose Condemns Continued Detention Of Suswan, Babangida Aliyu, Austin Okai, Oth / Yoruba Youths Kick Against Restructuring. / 2.4m Households To Benefit From FG’s Stimulus Package – Dr. Andrew Kwasari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.