Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,199 members, 7,839,083 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst (18819 Views)

What Needs To Happen In The Post Boko Haram War Period! / Kukah To FG: Be Prepared To Re-orientate Soldiers For Post Boko Haram Era / Progress Has Been Made In The Fight Against Boko Haram - UN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by kay29000(m): 9:05am On Jul 06, 2015
We will definitely cross the bridge when we get there, but right now, 100% focus should be on total annihilation of those boko boys. There is power in focus.
Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by Lordave: 9:05am On Jul 06, 2015
“There is need for everybody to put hands on deck to ensure that the post-conflict reconstruction, reconciliation and rehabilitation, are done inclusively,” he said.
We should prepare to rebuild the North East as they Rebuilt the South East after civil war abi?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by slap1(m): 9:07am On Jul 06, 2015
I guess he means very soon, there would be no one left to be killed and no house to burn down in the North East.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 06, 2015
Make thunder fire my left scrotum if news about Boko Haram striking somewhere today does not happen!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by hardbody: 9:09am On Jul 06, 2015
brownlolly:
An analyst with the United Nations Development Programme, UNDP, on Sunday in Abuja advised Nigeria to prepare for the post-insurgency rebuilding of the North East, destroyed by the Boko Haram insurgents.

Matthew Alao, a UN Conflict Prevention and Peace Building Analyst, told the News Agency of Nigeria that Nigeria was in the last phase of insurgency in the North East.

“We are getting into the last phase of insurgency in the North East.

“There is need for everybody to put hands on deck to ensure that the post-conflict reconstruction, reconciliation and rehabilitation, are done inclusively,” he said.

Mr. Alao said efforts should be geared ensuring that the post-conflict reconstruction, reconciliation and re-integration, were done inclusively, particularly with regards to women.

He regretted that women were the worst-hit in the Boko Haram attacks, as many of them had lost their husbands and children.

“You will agree with me that women generally in this part of Nigeria (North East) may be excluded, maybe not deliberately, but culturally.

“They may be excluded from taking active part in the post-conflict phase; women need to be included in all aspects of the post-conflict phase of the insurgency.

“Be it socio-economic, infrastructure rebuilding, reconciliation, mediation, or any other programmes that either government or donors want to bring to the North East, women have to play critical role.

“I believe that the various state governments will include women in the decision-making, programme design and implementation.
“We, the development partners, will also ensure that in all aspects that we are intervening, women are carried along,” he said.

Mr. Alao pledged the continuous support of the UN to the Boko Haram victims, saying that in the past, the organisation had provided various forms of support to the victims.

(NAN)
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/186118-nigeria-should-prepare-for-post-boko-haram-un-analyst.html

How old is Mr. Alao. If he did not see, did he not read about the brutal quashing and killing of more than 3 million men women and children on a scale grander than this, people who were seeking for legitimate self determination. What level of reconciliation and reintegration have they received since that genocidal effort. Today, we are being tutored on how to reintegrate a set of terrorists killing and maiming people for no just cause.

I see this as a Buhari propaganda propelled as a harbinger of the intended amnesty being worked out for his brothers who he had used to destabilize the last republic.

Nigeria, a failed state at 55.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by asumo12: 9:10am On Jul 06, 2015
Idiamin1 ni

Adeoba10:
We neva pass jamb u dey tell us to dey prepare for post jamb.... Wu does dat?

cheesy
Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by Elxandre(m): 9:19am On Jul 06, 2015
They aren't as strong as they used to be. The major challenge is stopping suicide bombers.
Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by 9jatatafo(m): 9:27am On Jul 06, 2015
BH and their clueless papa @ Aso Rock

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 06, 2015
when will I get to be the first to comment? embarassedwhen will I get to be the first to comment?
Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by smoothlips(m): 9:30am On Jul 06, 2015
solarview:
Post BH again?... Abi na JAMB

so...
What's our portion in this land called Nigeria?
try buy sense
Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 06, 2015
nairaland is full of trash and trashy idiotss
Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by darmys(f): 9:35am On Jul 06, 2015
solarview:
Post BH again?... Abi na JAMB

so...
What's our portion in this land called Nigeria?

this had me rolling cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by dayodare49o: 9:36am On Jul 06, 2015
Hmmm good for us. The boko-haram major shareholders are now coming from the west world to execute the final stage of their operation.

Don't forget to tell them the post bokoharam will be very hard for anyone who has not collected his 666 number from the bank.

Everything works out as planned...get your BVN now or else, or else what? you will die of hunger!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by easy345(m): 9:36am On Jul 06, 2015
[quote author=Emekamex post=35537550]They should first annihilate the first problem(Boko Haram) before moving to another.
True because it can't be tackled from the head it should be from the root smiley[quote author=Emekamex post=35537550]They should first annihilate the first problem(Boko Haram) before moving to another.
True because it can't be tackled. From the head it should be from the root
Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by Faculty14(m): 9:37am On Jul 06, 2015
xcolanto:
It seems the UN nalyst knows more than Nigerians and the government know about boko boys. How could he be so sure of boko Being in its ending phase? I foresee the federal government going into juicy negotiations with boko boys, a situation where they would be rehabilitated and well cartered for like the militants in the Niger delta region where once handled.
It's sad that after the north eastern people have finished destroying their region, the resources of the ND would be used to advance the region ahead of the local communities that provide these resources. The clear bias and further neglect of the ND by the FG is likely to rough up some feathers down south as it presently is now with the one-sided appointments experienced so far. The FG has to tread carefully with the way the boko menace is handled.

i don't see bh laying down their arms or negotiating with the govt for now.as Uve being reading frm the dailys the are getting the upper hand.is hard to negotiate with an enemy who is winning the Fyt
What the fg should do is to collaborate more with our neighbors and form a strong coalition to tackle this growing insurgency. Negotiations for now cannot work
In fact any form of negotiations offered from the sect is fake and the govt should not keen into it as is definitely a scam by non members of the sect
Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by pBuhari(f): 9:39am On Jul 06, 2015
Papa Buhari should wake up and do something

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by JAMANZE: 9:41am On Jul 06, 2015
Post what? The terror and destruction brought upon us by u and ur likes (America). I wish Oga Gej is still runing things because we were moving ahead before u guys plotted his downfal to the unforgiving and uncaring daura doll baby. #uaretheterror

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 06, 2015
... d war has to b won

Do you live in Akwa Ibom State? Do you relish the desire to own your own business with little start up capital and promising returns in investment? Do you hope to look into the mirror each morning and know you are talking to the boss? Are you enterprising?/Would you love to be? Do you have an aptitude for thinking out of the box? Then call or add me up on whatsapp 08085188110. You will be glad you did
Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 06, 2015
sarmiie:
I try not to be a tribalist, but this issue taxes the limits of my liberal leaning. Lemme stop there before I type something I'll regret. God help nigeria.
Honestly, it's difficult to not be one in this country.
Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 06, 2015
brownlolly:
An analyst with the United Nations Development Programme, UNDP, on Sunday in Abuja advised Nigeria to prepare for the post-insurgency rebuilding of the North East, destroyed by the Boko Haram insurgents.

Matthew Alao, a UN Conflict Prevention and Peace Building Analyst, told the News Agency of Nigeria that Nigeria was in the last phase of insurgency in the North East.

“We are getting into the last phase of insurgency in the North East.

Mr. Alao said efforts should be geared ensuring that the post-conflict reconstruction, reconciliation and re-integration, were done inclusively, particularly with regards to women.

He regretted that women were the worst-hit in the Boko Haram attacks, as many of them had lost their husbands and children.

“You will agree with me that women generally in this part of Nigeria (North East) may be excluded, maybe not deliberately, but culturally.

“They may be excluded from taking active part in the post-conflict phase; women need to be included in all aspects of the post-conflict phase of the insurgency.

“Be it socio-economic, infrastructure rebuilding, reconciliation, mediation, or any other programmes that either government or donors want to bring to the North East, women have to play critical role.

“I believe that the various state governments will include women in the decision-making, programme design and implementation.
“We, the development partners, will also ensure that in all aspects that we are intervening, women are carried along,” he said.

Mr. Alao pledged the continuous support of the UN to the Boko Haram victims, saying that in the past, the organisation had provided various forms of support to the victims.

(NAN)
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/186118-nigeria-should-prepare-for-post-boko-haram-un-analyst.html

With the recent killings I don't see this as the last phase.
Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by fabmuazu7(m): 9:53am On Jul 06, 2015
Too many daft peeps here though. Don't comment on a post beyond your comprehension please.
Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 06, 2015
Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by tsdarkside(m): 9:59am On Jul 06, 2015
xcolanto:
It seems the UN nalyst knows more than Nigerians and the government know about boko boys. How could he be so sure of boko Being in its ending phase? I foresee the federal government going into juicy negotiations with boko boys, a situation where they would be rehabilitated and well cartered for like the militants in the Niger delta region where once handled.
It's sad that after the north eastern people have finished destroying their region, the resources of the ND would be used to advance the region ahead of the local communities that provide these resources. The clear bias and further neglect of the ND by the FG is likely to rough up some feathers down south as it presently is now with the one-sided appointments experienced so far. The FG has to tread carefully with the way the boko menace is handled.

no realy,,,,white-people are devils...this info is realy interessting.....pahhhhh....boko haram can not survive in nigeria...we dont need un to tell us rubbish....the clueless-one is gone....
Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by AleAirHub(m): 10:18am On Jul 06, 2015
Let Us Pray That Everything Dont End With Juicy Negotiations, If Not Then I Foreseen A Great Doom Ahead Because Other Group May Grow Up Over Night Believing Everything Will End Up With That Of Niger Delta Militants.... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by 400billionman: 10:20am On Jul 06, 2015
A people who chose to destroy their enemies, later started destroying themselves and Obasanjo permitted them when they started..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 06, 2015
4ni
Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by tyav7: 10:57am On Jul 06, 2015
They're getting stronger this one is talking about "post" BH

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 06, 2015
A good analysis by the UN man...and a vital reminder that reconstruction is of great importance in preventing future Boko Harams.
Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by cecegorz(m): 11:28am On Jul 06, 2015
Mr Alao, I really don't understand the facts you have to show that this is the last phase.
Since Buhari's inauguration, up till yesterday's twin suicide bombings in Jos/Bauchi Rd, we have never had this kind of consistent, almost on a daily basis attacks since BH started.

If the UN wants to help with the rehabilitation contracts, please let them also help in putting out the war first! Enough of these useless analysts and consultants, always after their own end-game.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by Israel5(m): 11:34am On Jul 06, 2015
Because they want to come to fight anyhow and scatter naija? Wel, i think the 'oldwine' is prepared
Re: Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 06, 2015
Adeoba10:
We neva pass jamb u dey tell us to dey prepare for post jamb.... Wu does dat?
some radical christians, the faith extremists. I surmise that UN analyst is one of that stock.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos 2019: Osinbajo Denies Endorsing Sanwo-olu / Street Traders, Touts Frustrating Lagos-Ota-Abeokuta Road Project – Federal Govt / Atiku Is Non-binary, Sexually Conflicted Crook - Femi Fani-Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.