Stats: 3,153,860 members, 7,821,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search (19532 Views)

Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business / What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] / 5 Statements That Can Destroy Your Job Search (2) (3) (4)

Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by AlchemistDean(m): 3:35pm On Jul 16, 2015
You see your Life
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 16, 2015
Politics sections..chai
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by uncutz(m): 3:35pm On Jul 16, 2015
Ask4bigneyo:
U sef follow join d screening procedures...! Chaiii

I am an employer in my own right...I won't place my business in the hands of jokers.QED
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by ghettodreamz(m): 3:35pm On Jul 16, 2015
Interesting and an eye-opener..

Hope the job seekers will learn from this..
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by cityAdventures: 3:38pm On Jul 16, 2015
Lots of people on facebook.but u can never find them on search, wthether u use their fone numbr or email

Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by galantjoe(m): 3:42pm On Jul 16, 2015
thank u op.

u talk tru.

because of the ownership of business is different from the management of business nowadays that is professionalism in business, the owners are using every means even occultic and spiritual means to screen the any job applicants or any employee they want to entrust their business to run for them. I was a living witness.

So mind ur comments on facebook or any social media.
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by purpledandelion: 3:44pm On Jul 16, 2015
What if I don't use social media? And by the way, where they do that at?
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by BeauHomme: 3:51pm On Jul 16, 2015
I once had a similar argument with a classmate. Ours had to do with the title of the email address you use to send applications. I had adviced someone to open a new yahoo account and stop sending applications from his 'funky' accounts (those types like badoo247@yahoo.com, casanova4eva@yahoo.com, etc). This other dude overheard our discussion, jumped into it and tried to discredit all that I had said, claiming "it doesn't matter", "no employer has the right to reject you on such 'flimsy' excuse", "that will be prejudice", blah blah...

At a point I tire for d dude, I just keep quiet de look d guy
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 16, 2015
Una don hear? Una go dey shout Nneka123 up and down on nairaland. Later una go come dey cry say una no see job. Una dey alright so? Who una be sef? No, it's a sincere question. I mean una; the person in question. Who is una, what are his other names?
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by dokunbam(m): 3:53pm On Jul 16, 2015
what of those of us that are social media publicist

If you are a health professional(doctors in any field) get list on Nigeria health finder

Nigeria Health Finder (NHF) is Nigeria’s premier online health portal providing health directory and medical appointment booking service in Nigeria. It is a central venue where consumers anywhere in Nigeria can easily find available healthcare services 24/7.

Check my signature
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by Chukwudozzie(m): 3:57pm On Jul 16, 2015
Cool, but this goes far more than what we post on social media but also how we live our lives, you just don't know who might be watching or paying attention.

All in all, at all times, in all places, in all sites, be the best you can be and never forget to have FUN

Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by NoRetreat(m): 3:59pm On Jul 16, 2015
If there is anything Nairaland operators need to frequently put on the front page, this is surely the best. Then, those foul comments should not be published or the OP should be ban for a period of time. Try to bring some sanity to the forum.
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by columbus007(m): 4:00pm On Jul 16, 2015
You wonder why you go to the embassy with all document @hand and still be deny visa? Its Social media,I got these from some1 and its confidential, those people can have you tail-gated on social media,mind what you post.

Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by NoRetreat(m): 4:03pm On Jul 16, 2015
BeauHomme:
I once had a similar argument with a classmate. Ours had to do with the title of the email address you use to send applications. I had adviced someone to open a new yahoo account and stop sending applications from his 'funky' accounts (those types like badoo247@yahoo.com, casanova4eva@yahoo.com, etc). This other dude overheard our discussion, jumped into it and tried to discredit all that I had said, claiming "it doesn't matter", "no employer has the right to reject you on such 'flimsy' excuse", "that will be prejudice", blah blah...

At a point I tire for d dude, I just keep quiet de look d guy

leave them alone, their signatures are their identities, how would a corporate or blue chip company employ them with cassanova email?
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by cee001(m): 4:06pm On Jul 16, 2015
ShakurM:
Tanoids, you are in trouble!

God go help u, I go interview you.

Temitemi, don’t even bother coming 4 the interview grin
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by cee001(m): 4:07pm On Jul 16, 2015
ifetoyosi:
All of una posting boo.haa.ri, daura doll.ard, doll.ardinho. , etc, b warned
as in ehn...seconded jare
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by philips70(m): 4:13pm On Jul 16, 2015
Just surprised most of you commenting don't know this basic reality. Especially your Facebook, very important and first place to run a background check on you which is very much in use today by many blue chip companies.
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by Mcowubaba: 4:13pm On Jul 16, 2015
Leave dem!! Some people no sabi grin
But its easy sha..
Screen nd Delete any "impolite" picx, videos or comments..
In cases like nairaland- Modify or deactivate cheesy

Or simply use a fake name/moniker that is exclusive to only u or few of ur friends..
Over 70% of Monikers in Nairaland are in this category... Eg. Introvert, prettythicksme, barcanista... wat do the mean cheesy.. M Joking oo..
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by borntolead: 4:19pm On Jul 16, 2015
That is the major reason i will never upload my wedding pix on any social media.
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by Neplusultra(f): 4:26pm On Jul 16, 2015
Unfortunately, it still won't stop gutter people from using their gutter language undecided
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by rattlesnake(m): 4:30pm On Jul 16, 2015
If this is true I ought to be in Petronas now
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 16, 2015
It's an employer's loss if he/she judges me based on my social media profiles, except for LinkedIn. I couldn't care less, especially if I know what I'm capable of doing.
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by tpiadotcom: 4:37pm On Jul 16, 2015
Neplusultra:
Unfortunately, it still won't stop gutter people from using their gutter language undecided

true that.

I wonder who holy pass.

there was a guy here who used to claim he had a phd and a six figure income.

he also had some of the nastiest tribal rhetoric and most horrible tribal based persona in this place. Yet when challenged to prove his claims of being a phd with a good job, he happily posted pictures of his office and other personal things.

admittedly, maybe there was no internet when he got the job (which I doubt because I think internet was one of his qualifications), but still brings the question of who holy pass.
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by tpiadotcom: 4:40pm On Jul 16, 2015
missKiffy:
Apart from the purpose of seeking jobs, we really need to watch what we post here and other sites in general

true.

internet etiquette should not be for the purposes of job search only, people need to fear God and also show some decorum and consideration for others even if you don't subscribe to religion.
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by InvertedHammer: 4:41pm On Jul 16, 2015
/
An applicant will give out his email address, phone number and full name. An extensive search do reveal a lot.
2000 applicants:
Educational qualifications reduce the number to 800
Social media reduces the number to 250
Tests reduce the number to 100
1st interview reduces the number to 30
2nd interview gets it down to 10.

It has nothing to do with uncles in the village. Check your phones or laptop
\
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by Neplusultra(f): 4:47pm On Jul 16, 2015
tpiadotcom:

true that.

I wonder who holy pass.

there was a guy here who used to claim he had a phd and a six figure income.

he also had some of the nastiest tribal rhetoric and most horrible tribal based persona in this place. Yet when challenged to prove his claims of being a phd with a good job, he happily posted pictures of his office and other personal things.

admittedly, maybe there was no internet when he got the job (which I doubt because I think internet was one of his qualifications), but still brings the question of who holy pass.
Lol @ internet was one of his qualifications!
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by Tohpeh(m): 4:57pm On Jul 16, 2015
cheesy Right now, some people are taking some necessary actions to avoid their social exposures
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by professore(m): 5:17pm On Jul 16, 2015
This is serious
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by tpiadotcom: 5:26pm On Jul 16, 2015
Neplusultra:
Lol @ internet was one of his qualifications!

he listed a bunch of qualifications oh, culminating in his phd.

has been all over the world too, in search of a golden fleece.

but to take the toutishness out of him, well nigh impossible although nothing is impossible with God. undecided
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by ruftop(m): 5:28pm On Jul 16, 2015
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by Neplusultra(f): 5:39pm On Jul 16, 2015
tpiadotcom:

he listed a bunch of qualifications oh, culminating in his phd.

has been all over the world too, in search of a golden fleece.

but to take the toutishness out of him, well nigh impossible although nothing is impossible with God. undecided
Hahaha! Someone comes to mind here, sure am not mistaken! Truth is, a pig won't stop being a pig, even he's left the Sty.

Urgent Recruitment / Comprehensive List Of Candidates Coming For Graduate Fair.(LAGOS) / Npower Batch A And Npower Batch B: NEXIT Training Commences February