Stats: 3,153,898 members, 7,821,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search (19534 Views)

Employed Vs Self-Employed: I'm Giving Up On Job Search, Starting My Own Business / What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] / 5 Statements That Can Destroy Your Job Search (2) (3) (4)

Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by opedaydydx9(m): 5:45pm On Jul 16, 2015
I got to knw about this year's ago after my I. T in logos, where I posted lots of drinking pics all over Facebook, I had to delete all of the bad pics asap, this was as far back as 2012
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by numericalguy(m): 7:50pm On Jul 16, 2015
galantjoe:
thank u op.

u talk tru.

because of the ownership of business is different from the management of business nowadays that is professionalism in business, the owners are using every means even occultic and spiritual means to screen the any job applicants or any employee they want to entrust their business to run for them. I was a living witness.

So mind ur comments on facebook or any social media.

Are you dead now?
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by tpiadotcom: 7:56pm On Jul 16, 2015
opedaydydx9:
I got to knw about this year's ago after my I. T in logos, where I posted lots of drinking pics all over Facebook, I had to delete all of the bad pics asap, this was as far back as 2012

Are they gone from the internet?

Lord have mercy.
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by tpiadotcom: 7:57pm On Jul 16, 2015
Neplusultra:
Hahaha! Someone comes to mind here, sure am not mistaken! .

It was a long time ago, some few years back, smh sha,hope he changed his ways although I suspect not. . .
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 16, 2015
Dharniel:
i have always been very sensitive about those, buh it's a pity many nairalanders exhibit a lackadaisical behaviour towards this...

I didn't even know how to spell dat word b4 now. Thanks

Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by opedaydydx9(m): 10:23pm On Jul 16, 2015
tpiadotcom:

Are they gone from the internet?
Lord have mercy.
far gone, as an Engr, it's not good fr the image
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by Neplusultra(f): 10:42pm On Jul 16, 2015
tpiadotcom:

It was a long time ago, some few years back, smh sha,hope he changed his ways although I suspect not. . .
Those pple don't change! grin
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by franconian: 11:15pm On Jul 16, 2015
You can't use Facebook to screen me if you are not my friend!
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by tpiadotcom: 11:40pm On Jul 16, 2015
opedaydydx9:
far gone, as an Engr, it's not good fr the image

its not, but do you do company parties and such.
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by tpiadotcom: 11:41pm On Jul 16, 2015
franconian:
You can't use Facebook to screen me if you are not my friend!

makes sense.

I think they said some companies have you log on your facebook page during the interview.

I remember reading something like that here on nairaland.
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by tpiadotcom: 11:41pm On Jul 16, 2015
Neplusultra:
Those pple don't change! grin

shocked cheesy
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by opedaydydx9(m): 11:52pm On Jul 16, 2015
tpiadotcom:

its not, but do you do company parties and such.
yes even @dat uploading pics where one is zipping beer is uncalled for, it destroys the image of the company itself.... And might lead to a suspension or sack
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by mickey45: 1:06am On Jul 17, 2015
ephi123:
People tend to forget that we are in an era of digital footprints.

What do you mean by that? #digital footprints#?
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by tpiadotcom: 1:27am On Jul 17, 2015
opedaydydx9:
yes even @dat uploading pics where one is zipping beer is uncalled for, it destroys the image of the company itself.... And might lead to a suspension or sack

No, its not supposed to be uploaded or recorded on any media.

And if recorded, then deleted.

O ga, this world sef.

Just curious, were your pictures selfies?
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by donigspain(m): 2:33am On Jul 17, 2015
mickey45:

When someone walks on the beach he/she leaves footprints behind. Same thing applies to the internet. Any data/information that you upload online is like a footprint and can be traced to you using different means (username, email, phone, pictures, videos, IP adress etc.). All your acrions are like footprints.

Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by Nobody: 6:07am On Jul 17, 2015
RickRichards:
Una don hear? Una go dey shout Nneka123 up and down on nairaland. Later una go come dey cry say una no see job. Una dey alright so? Who una be sef? No, it's a sincere question. I mean una; the person in question. Who is una, what are his other names?
You just perfectly described yourself. How Sad.
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by ephi123(f): 9:22am On Jul 17, 2015
mickey45:

Your digital footprint is everything that is on the internet about you: photos you or others have posted on facebook, tweets you've made, your linkedin profile etc some of which can be viewed by people you don't know including prospective employers.
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by dougivilla(m): 9:49am On Jul 17, 2015
See the Sai Baba crew trying to hoodwink people to stop attacking baba one chance, the Daurarian dullard

When you guys were on rampage using all manner of uncouth and foul languages against GEJ, u did'nt know you could. be tracked or sacked? SMH!

If Lai Mohammed, FFK, Reuben Abati, Omokri, Olisah Methu with their acerbic languages are employable or gainfully employed, then this una story na wash!!
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by opedaydydx9(m): 11:07am On Jul 17, 2015
tpiadotcom:

No, its not supposed to be uploaded or recorded on any media.

And if recorded, then deleted.

O ga, this world sef.

Just curious, were your pictures selfies?
am nt a fan of selfies but I think I have the right to put whatever I like on my fone that's y it's called personal phone.... Even instagram, I don't upload any kinda pics.
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by franconian: 12:01pm On Jul 17, 2015
tpiadotcom:

makes sense.

I think they said some companies have you log on your facebook page during the interview.

I remember reading something like that here on nairaland.

Except so... If that's the case, I will say someone recently hacked my account and changed my login details. And if they can help me retrieve it, I will be grateful!

But on a second thought, I may just help them login!
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 17, 2015
Nneka123:
You must know me fairly well to know that. cheesy
Re: How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 17, 2015
Nneka123:

Urgent Recruitment / Comprehensive List Of Candidates Coming For Graduate Fair.(LAGOS) / Npower Batch A And Npower Batch B: NEXIT Training Commences February