Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,789 members, 7,817,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Mtn Customer Care Job At Alexander-crystals Ltd Ibadan Let Meet Here - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Mtn Customer Care Job At Alexander-crystals Ltd Ibadan Let Meet Here (115481 Views)

Customer Care Job Positions At MTN Nigeria / Customer Care Executive Recruitment At Alexander Crystals / Customer Care Job Vacancy At UNC Enterprises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mtn Customer Care Job At Alexander-crystals Ltd Ibadan Let Meet Here by Lollypee(m): 8:41pm On Jul 07, 2015
pls any idea about those of us in Ilorin... though i hv applied online. wanna knw if we r expected to come to Ibadan too
Re: Mtn Customer Care Job At Alexander-crystals Ltd Ibadan Let Meet Here by Rilwayne001: 8:49pm On Jul 07, 2015
Oppy4God:

pls go i did my written test, type writing test and interview today

What are we to expect from their written test and interview? Have you been contacted after your interview?
Re: Mtn Customer Care Job At Alexander-crystals Ltd Ibadan Let Meet Here by hibeekay20(m): 11:01pm On Jul 07, 2015
jadajada:
i have already submitted my cv to thier email Address last week is there any need going to drop my hard copy again?

What's dia mail Addy plzzz
Re: Mtn Customer Care Job At Alexander-crystals Ltd Ibadan Let Meet Here by Oluwaaboiy(m): 12:24am On Jul 08, 2015
I actually called them and I was told to submit my cv to a particular email and I tried asking if there was anything else I needed to do and dude on the other end said nothing else, but I got confused cus my friend said she submitted her cv with passport and paid a sum of 2500 Naira, so am kind of 100 percent confused.
Re: Mtn Customer Care Job At Alexander-crystals Ltd Ibadan Let Meet Here by Oppy4God(f): 2:48am On Jul 08, 2015
xcesswag:
2 passports and cv given to one Alhaja.....o ti sure
which ALHAJA well na 3 passport oo .better verify well
Re: Mtn Customer Care Job At Alexander-crystals Ltd Ibadan Let Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 6:30am On Jul 08, 2015
DIMZAL:

Its minimum of OND. The writer about ISON is correct but if I may add, yyou have to be healthy I.e have good health to work with ISON BPO. That's just the truth. The job is stressful. Take it or leave it. It is good for a career in customer service.

Also, your training is 25days + 5days practical training(called OJT). After which you now go on 3months real OJT and then another 3months probation. If successful, you will now be handed a 1year renewable contract. Shikenah.

Training= 20k
3mnth OJT= 35k per month
3mnth Probation= 40k per month
1year contract=46k per month.

You work 5 days, 2days off. 9hrs/day (splitted 1hr break inclusive). There are 3 shifts.

You are sure of a renewed contract if you aint sacked.

Thank you. (Hope this helps).
the base pay to me is meagre. 46k per month
I wonder, why someone would have to talk over 8hrs everyday, and would still be given a paycheck in that amount.
I was not surprised when I realized it was an Indian owned company.They are only taking advantage of Nigerian graduates because of the high unemployment rate in d land. #Nigeriagobetteroneday
However, I won't discourage anyone from applying, this should only be to pay basic bills and strengthen CV, why man go de find a better job elsewhere.

Does anyone have any idea how much MTN pay their employees that work in the call centre?
shalom

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mtn Customer Care Job At Alexander-crystals Ltd Ibadan Let Meet Here by Olayemi244(m): 6:40am On Jul 08, 2015
edey2real:
FOR THOSE THAT WILL BELIEVE ME, THE TRUTH HAS BEEN SAID......trust your instinct then.
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Mtn Customer Care Job At Alexander-crystals Ltd Ibadan Let Meet Here by taiwoliu(m): 6:59am On Jul 08, 2015
Oluwaaboiy:
I actually called them and I was told to submit my cv to a particular email and I tried asking if there was anything else I needed to do and dude on the other end said nothing else, but I got confused cus my friend said she submitted her cv with passport and paid a sum of 2500 Naira, so am kind of 100 percent confused.
what is d email addy?
Re: Mtn Customer Care Job At Alexander-crystals Ltd Ibadan Let Meet Here by edey2real: 7:41am On Jul 08, 2015
monsieursam64:

the base pay to me is meagre. 46k per month
I wonder, why someone would have to talk over 8hrs everyday, and would still be given a paycheck in that amount.
I was not surprised when I realized it was an Indian owned company.They are only taking advantage of Nigerian graduates because of the high unemployment rate in d land. #Nigeriagobetteroneday
However, I won't discourage anyone from applying, this should only be to pay basic bills and strengthen CV, why man go de find a better job elsewhere.

Does anyone have any idea how much MTN pay their employees that work in the call centre?
shalom

I agree with you on most of these.
The main thing the applicants should have in mind is for them to get an experience with this job. But the job itself is a very stressful one. People do resign cos of the side effects and challenges on the job. The eyes and ears are the health part which are been affected because of the length of log-on duration. Majority of the people doing this job do get eye glasses over time and some people do have ear problems.

The money aspect do not complement at all. If you are working with an Indian company, you should know that they don't pay much. I can tell you that the salary which is 46k now is still okay compared to when they were paying 27k and 35k which they started with and paid for years.

Having time for another job or job search is also another issue with this job. It often takes so much of ones time that you may find it difficult to move ahead.

The applicants just need to have these in mind and work around them.

May God help you all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mtn Customer Care Job At Alexander-crystals Ltd Ibadan Let Meet Here by Ogbenijhybo(m): 7:46am On Jul 08, 2015
edey2real:

I understand you but it's just that you did not read what I wrote that some things may have changed.

Talking about Ison, I think I can say much about the company than you can.

Firstly, I started with the company in Sept. 2012 when they started in Ibadan. i.e I am one of the first batch that kick off their call centre in Ibadan. And I spent 2yrs and 7 months with the company. Meaning I can tell you what you don't know about the company. It was the same Alexander that handled the recruitment then. I believed you joined Ison when they are doing it themselve.
I have been to their Alexander's office in Challenge and that is why I said "you will pay #2500 for the form". Just like they did back in 2012. But form then was #1000. Saying that they are associating themselve with Ison just because you don't know the basis is wrong from you. Ison will use them to get the agents at first and later handle it by itself.

I rest my case.

pls sir, how much time does the job afford you to yourself. just for one to do some other things.
Re: Mtn Customer Care Job At Alexander-crystals Ltd Ibadan Let Meet Here by edey2real: 9:32am On Jul 08, 2015
Ogbenijhybo:

pls sir, how much time does the job afford you to yourself. just for one to do some other things.

It depends on how you can manage your time but will give you brief info on the job time.

Morning shift: Starts from 7am-4pm, between this is an hour break which is spread to 15, 15 & 30mins. You need to get to work by 6:30am cos you will have a briefing before each day work. Though there is transportation, meaning you may have to leave home by 5:30am depending on where you live in order to meet staff bus. In essence, morning shift takes at least 11- 12hrs depending on where you live.

Afternoon shift: Similar to morning shift but some people take much longer time than that. Shift starts from 11:30am-8:30pm. You will leave home by 10am and get home around 9:30pm. Same reason as morning shift and location dependent.

Night shift: Runs from 8:30pm-7am. Log on duration is 8hrs and the remaining time is for break. You also need to leave early just as the reasons above.

From opinion review, afternoon shift is the most consuming shift because you will leave as early as 10am and get home by 10pm. Meaning you spend the whole day at work.

Believe me, you will be extremely tired after each of this shift work.

You can use this to plan your time.

2 Likes

Re: Mtn Customer Care Job At Alexander-crystals Ltd Ibadan Let Meet Here by DIMZAL(m): 11:41am On Jul 08, 2015
edey2real:

It depends on how you can manage your time but will give you brief info on the job time.

Morning shift: Starts from 7am-4pm, between this is an hour break which is spread to 15, 15 & 30mins. You need to get to work by 6:30am cos you will have a briefing before each day work. Though there is transportation, meaning you may have to leave home by 5:30am depending on where you live in order to meet staff bus. In essence, morning shift takes at least 11- 12hrs depending on where you live.

Afternoon shift: Similar to morning shift but some people take much longer time than that. Shift starts from 11:30am-8:30pm. You will leave home by 10am and get home around 9:30pm. Same reason as morning shift and location dependent.

Night shift: Runs from 8:30pm-7am. Log on duration is 8hrs and the remaining time is for break. You also need to leave early just as the reasons above.

From opinion review, afternoon shift is the most consuming shift because you will leave as early as 10am and get home by 10pm. Meaning you spend the whole day at work.

Absolutely right bro. I resigned there last december.

For interested fellows, you guys should give it a trial. I just talked to a top staff and it is possible the pay get better compared to the present pay.

There is a feeling flying around that the pay might be up to 55k (yet to be really confirmed but can't strike it out beccause of the source of the info).

It is possible ISON got a better contract with mtn.

And also, I learnt they want fresh hands and not former employees or present employees working at the airtel call center.

Give it a try guys.
Re: Mtn Customer Care Job At Alexander-crystals Ltd Ibadan Let Meet Here by DIMZAL(m): 11:44am On Jul 08, 2015
alexandercrystals@gmail.com
Re: Mtn Customer Care Job At Alexander-crystals Ltd Ibadan Let Meet Here by femijck(m): 4:21pm On Jul 08, 2015
just did my written and typing test.......................expecting their text for interview date..................Goodluck to me.....and for all contacting my whatsapp, i am sorry i ve been so busy........hoping to chat wit u soon
Re: Mtn Customer Care Job At Alexander-crystals Ltd Ibadan Let Meet Here by Dynamo35: 5:01pm On Jul 08, 2015
Alexander Crystals Ltd is an indigenous company stationed in Ibadan, licensed to carry out outsourcing and recruitment activities for a host of notable clients that cut accross Banking, Manufacturing and telecommunications.

It has recently been brought to our attention that some unscrupulous individuals, acting entirely on their whims, put out a fictitious statement in the past 2 weeks, purporting to be recruiting call-center agents for a major telecoms player, through our agency.

This has caused us and our clients unimaginable damage and we wish to state emphatically that this is far from the truth.

We would equally advise members of the public to be weary of any such advertisements.

live smart
Re: Mtn Customer Care Job At Alexander-crystals Ltd Ibadan Let Meet Here by Dmcool(m): 5:17pm On Jul 08, 2015
femijck:
just did my written and typing test.......................expecting their text for interview date..................Goodluck to me.....and for all contacting my whatsapp, i am sorry i ve been so busy........hoping to chat wit u soon

When is the deadline for d interview?
Re: Mtn Customer Care Job At Alexander-crystals Ltd Ibadan Let Meet Here by Ogbenijhybo(m): 9:46am On Jul 09, 2015
edey2real:

wow!!! this is freaking mad...
I bet people don't know what this entails cus of the population here is frightening
Re: Mtn Customer Care Job At Alexander-crystals Ltd Ibadan Let Meet Here by Ogbenijhybo(m): 9:46am On Jul 09, 2015
edey2real:

wow!!! this is freaking mad...
I bet people don't know what this entails cus the population here is frightening
Re: Mtn Customer Care Job At Alexander-crystals Ltd Ibadan Let Meet Here by NwaTheBabe: 10:45am On Jul 09, 2015
Any nairalander from Lag driving or bussing down into IB for dis lipsrsealed
Re: Mtn Customer Care Job At Alexander-crystals Ltd Ibadan Let Meet Here by bacco2000(m): 12:42pm On Jul 09, 2015
Pls are they still collecting cv cos I want to come and submit my cv...
Re: Mtn Customer Care Job At Alexander-crystals Ltd Ibadan Let Meet Here by bacco2000(m): 12:43pm On Jul 09, 2015
NwaTheBabe:
Any nairalander from Lag driving or bussing down into IB for dis lipsrsealed

I wanna go tomorrow, I've sent you a pm

1 Like

Re: Mtn Customer Care Job At Alexander-crystals Ltd Ibadan Let Meet Here by forkinsonlolo(m): 1:13pm On Jul 09, 2015
age requirement pls ?? embarassed embarassed
Re: Mtn Customer Care Job At Alexander-crystals Ltd Ibadan Let Meet Here by Oppy4God(f): 1:20pm On Jul 09, 2015
forkinsonlolo:
age requirement pls ?? embarassed embarassed
below 28
Re: Mtn Customer Care Job At Alexander-crystals Ltd Ibadan Let Meet Here by astutephemy(m): 6:57pm On Jul 09, 2015
@edey2real...how many intake was employed during your time and did u av any idea how many they will employ Dis tym.?? pls
Re: Mtn Customer Care Job At Alexander-crystals Ltd Ibadan Let Meet Here by edey2real: 9:56pm On Jul 09, 2015
astutephemy:
@edey2real...how many intake was employed during your time and did u av any idea how many they will employ Dis tym.?? pls

I can't give you the exact figure but was around 150. That was after the training then.

I can't say about it now as well but will be up to 100 for a start. Because they will need to consider things like shift, planned and unplanned leave & absentee. Though leave won't be given for a period of time until after OJT.
Re: Mtn Customer Care Job At Alexander-crystals Ltd Ibadan Let Meet Here by olu1759(m): 6:53am On Jul 10, 2015
Pls,has anyone been invited for an interview,I did my test on wednesday.thanx
Re: Mtn Customer Care Job At Alexander-crystals Ltd Ibadan Let Meet Here by Oppy4God(f): 7:23am On Jul 10, 2015
please for those who will be going today.can u help me to verify wen the training will start or wen to expect reply from them.so as to plan my movement.thanks
Re: Mtn Customer Care Job At Alexander-crystals Ltd Ibadan Let Meet Here by Oppy4God(f): 7:25am On Jul 10, 2015
olu1759:
Pls,has anyone been invited for an interview,I did my test on wednesday.thanx

are u told u will be called upon.if not go yourself ad asked oo.
Re: Mtn Customer Care Job At Alexander-crystals Ltd Ibadan Let Meet Here by olu1759(m): 7:43am On Jul 10, 2015
Oppy4God:
please for those who will be going today.can u help me to verify wen the training will start or wen to expect reply from them.so as to plan my movement.thanks
Have you done any oral interview,I was told we'll get a text or mail after the test which I'm yet to get any.
Re: Mtn Customer Care Job At Alexander-crystals Ltd Ibadan Let Meet Here by Oppy4God(f): 7:57am On Jul 10, 2015
olu1759:
Have you done any oral interview,I was told we'll get a text or mail after the test which I'm yet to get any.

have done all since monday.what of u.have u done ur typing test.
Re: Mtn Customer Care Job At Alexander-crystals Ltd Ibadan Let Meet Here by olu1759(m): 8:02am On Jul 10, 2015
Oppy4God:

have done all since monday.what of u.have u done ur typing test.
I did both written and typing test on wednesday.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

Sterling Bank (workforce)graduate Trainee Recruitment 2019/2020 / Seplat Graduate Trainee Program / Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) Interview Invite: Who Else Got It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.