Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

At 28 My Parents Dnt Let Me Keep A Girlfriend Advice Me Pls. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At 28 My Parents Dnt Let Me Keep A Girlfriend Advice Me Pls. (4450 Views)

Married Man Impregnates Girlfriend. Advice Needed. / My Parents Are Against Me Getting Married / I Dont Know Wat To Think Of My Girlfriend ADVICE NEEDED (pic Evidence) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

At 28 My Parents Dnt Let Me Keep A Girlfriend Advice Me Pls. by markidoo(m): 4:15pm On Jul 06, 2015
Am 28yrs old n a graduate 4rm uniabj. I am unemployed and stay with my parents. I happen to have a girl am true to. I av been hanging out with her at a friends place due to fact that my parents dont wanna see any girl at home with me. My girlfriend got tired of that n i summoned courage to take her home one day whille my parents where out unfortunately they did nt go far. When they came back my mum checked on me in my room n found me watching a movie with the girl. I had no intention to even touch her since she said she hated sex,i jst wantd company at home cos i ws lonely. when ever we hangout its jst jisting n fiddling wit phones. My mum called her out n used alot of harsh words on my only true love. My gf never replied,she jst picked her bag n walked out of the gate i ran out to apologise n walk her home, bt she wud'nt want any of those. I got back home picked up money went to the a pub nearby n got so drunk that the only thing i remember is coming home so wet n sandy. I lost memory of what happened n since then i am locked in my room i don't wanna eat nor feel like doing anything. Even tried calling her bt she wudnt pick her phone. All i nid in this life of sin is me n my girlfriend. Drop ur advice.
Re: At 28 My Parents Dnt Let Me Keep A Girlfriend Advice Me Pls. by raayah(f): 4:17pm On Jul 06, 2015
Unemployed and living with parents at 28

Its your parents house and you play by their rules.

If you want your girlfriend to come over, get your own house.

20 Likes

Re: At 28 My Parents Dnt Let Me Keep A Girlfriend Advice Me Pls. by demmy0325(m): 4:17pm On Jul 06, 2015
But what are you still doin at ur parents house at 28... undecided.. I hope ur case aint spiritual.. undecided..

U shud rise Up on Ur feet man.. Make sm money and live Ur life.. U are your problem ursef nt ur parents....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 28 My Parents Dnt Let Me Keep A Girlfriend Advice Me Pls. by coogaluta(f): 4:19pm On Jul 06, 2015
markidoo:
All i nid in this life of sin is me n my girlfriend. Drop ur advice.

With this 1 point of yours, I agree with your mum cool

6 Likes

Re: At 28 My Parents Dnt Let Me Keep A Girlfriend Advice Me Pls. by yorubadelta(f): 4:19pm On Jul 06, 2015
Unfortunate situation. Sorry dude but ur 28, if u can't get a job due to economic situation then find a business or something doing. Your parents can't respect you as a man when ur still under their roof..

13 Likes

Re: At 28 My Parents Dnt Let Me Keep A Girlfriend Advice Me Pls. by angieberry(f): 4:20pm On Jul 06, 2015
Get a job, get your own house and do as you like. It's your parents' house therefore, their rules stand and you have to respect that. I don't blame your girl for reacting the way she did, she must have been so humiliated!

3 Likes

Re: At 28 My Parents Dnt Let Me Keep A Girlfriend Advice Me Pls. by mredwifeosband: 4:22pm On Jul 06, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

when youre 47 living with your parents and collecting money from them,come back,ill give you advice.

ode kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: At 28 My Parents Dnt Let Me Keep A Girlfriend Advice Me Pls. by tinuolababy(f): 4:24pm On Jul 06, 2015
Eeya
Re: At 28 My Parents Dnt Let Me Keep A Girlfriend Advice Me Pls. by Cutehector(m): 4:28pm On Jul 06, 2015
Go out of ur parents house and neva come bak... U just lost ur babe op...
Re: At 28 My Parents Dnt Let Me Keep A Girlfriend Advice Me Pls. by yorubadelta(f): 4:30pm On Jul 06, 2015
tinuolababy:
Eeya

Lol.. is that all you can say? advice the guy na tongue
Re: At 28 My Parents Dnt Let Me Keep A Girlfriend Advice Me Pls. by lonngmann(m): 4:33pm On Jul 06, 2015
markidoo:
Am 28yrs old n a graduate 4rm uniabj. I am unemployed and stay with my parents. I happen to have a girl am true to. I av been hanging out with her at a friends place due to fact that my parents dont wanna see any girl at home with me. My girlfriend got tired of that n i summoned courage to take her home one day whille my parents where out unfortunately they did nt go far. When they came back my mum checked on me in my room n found me watching a movie with the girl. I had no intention to even touch her since she said she hated sex,i jst wantd company at home cos i ws lonely. when ever we hangout its jst jisting n fiddling wit phones. My mum called her out n used alot of harsh words on my only true love. My gf never replied,she jst picked her bag n walked out of the gate i ran out to apologise n walk her home, bt she wud'nt want any of those. I got back home picked up money went to the a pub nearby n got so drunk that the only thing i remember is coming home so wet n sandy. I lost memory of what happened n since then i am locked in my room i don't wanna eat nor feel like doing anything. Even tried calling her bt she wudnt pick her phone. All i nid in this life of sin is me n my girlfriend . Drop ur advice.
All you nid is a job. .that's ur sin

3 Likes

Re: At 28 My Parents Dnt Let Me Keep A Girlfriend Advice Me Pls. by sunnydayasaba(m): 4:34pm On Jul 06, 2015
@OP, U even have time to spend watching movies at 28...na wa for u oh...Ur lucky ur mom didn't even hit u in her presence.

1 Like

Re: At 28 My Parents Dnt Let Me Keep A Girlfriend Advice Me Pls. by libertyfather(m): 4:37pm On Jul 06, 2015
Pelle
Re: At 28 My Parents Dnt Let Me Keep A Girlfriend Advice Me Pls. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 06, 2015
guy which vila re u from?
Re: At 28 My Parents Dnt Let Me Keep A Girlfriend Advice Me Pls. by snakebeat: 4:43pm On Jul 06, 2015
sunnydayasaba:
@OP, U even have time to spend watching movies at 28...na wa for u oh...Ur lucky ur mom didn't even hit u in her presence.
What is wrong with watching movies at 28? undecided

2 Likes

Re: At 28 My Parents Dnt Let Me Keep A Girlfriend Advice Me Pls. by sunnydayasaba(m): 4:47pm On Jul 06, 2015
snakebeat:

What is wrong with watching movies at 28? undecided

Not when u still stay with ur parents and unemployed...its irrating, Is like d money they invested in educating such a guy is a waste.

3 Likes

Re: At 28 My Parents Dnt Let Me Keep A Girlfriend Advice Me Pls. by markidoo(m): 4:47pm On Jul 06, 2015
Ur advices r okay.The state i stay in is a state with one of the highest number of unemployd youths. Evry1 depends on the govt e.g civil service or u have rich parents with godfathers. I have tried staying byslf it nearly killd my dad n what u nid to start a biz is capital. They aint jst ready to set me up. I want to join d civil defence corps bt i av to wait till they recruit dont think am nt doing all i cn to get out of dz shithole called home i came home 4rm service june 2014 n nobody give me a dime nt even pocket money n i dnt av relations dat r supportive.If i av made it thru dz last yr witout assistance,stealing,selling drugs etc then i blif i will mk it in life,God has bigger plans 4me. Leaving my parents will only land me on d streets. At the same tyme i blif parents shld also seek their wards happiness. I rest my case.
Re: At 28 My Parents Dnt Let Me Keep A Girlfriend Advice Me Pls. by mikool007(m): 4:54pm On Jul 06, 2015
Re: At 28 My Parents Dnt Let Me Keep A Girlfriend Advice Me Pls. by MsTIQ(m): 5:05pm On Jul 06, 2015
raayah:
Unemployed and living with parents at 28

Its your parents house and you play by their rules.

If you want your girlfriend to come over, get your own house.
This is harsh BT true
Re: At 28 My Parents Dnt Let Me Keep A Girlfriend Advice Me Pls. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 06, 2015
Hhmmmmmmmm...pele...do u hav friends I mean guys who live alone??...if u hav someone u cn squat pending wen u ll get a job den leave....

U need to man up dude and u hav to start by leaving ur father's house and taking responsibility for urself

Una wey dey shout, work! Work! Work! Una give am work??

Like we don't remember the kind of society we live in

6 Likes

Re: At 28 My Parents Dnt Let Me Keep A Girlfriend Advice Me Pls. by mredwifeosband: 5:10pm On Jul 06, 2015
End time lazy a55 son grin
Re: At 28 My Parents Dnt Let Me Keep A Girlfriend Advice Me Pls. by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 06, 2015
mikool007:
end time things

Wat is end abt his story?? undecided undecided
Re: At 28 My Parents Dnt Let Me Keep A Girlfriend Advice Me Pls. by Enoquin(f): 5:28pm On Jul 06, 2015
Ideally, at 28 you shouldn't be living with your parents but realistically sh*t happens. The sin isn't in living with them and being jobless, the sin would be not making any efforts to get something to do.

Regardless of all that, your mum shouldn't have spoken harshly to the girl. It'd be funny if she didn't speak harshly to you when you came home drunk.

4 Likes

Re: At 28 My Parents Dnt Let Me Keep A Girlfriend Advice Me Pls. by addictiv(m): 5:32pm On Jul 06, 2015
markidoo:
Ur advices r okay.The state i stay in is a state with one of the highest number of unemployd youths. Evry1 depends on the govt e.g civil service or u have rich parents with godfathers. I have tried staying byslf it nearly killd my dad n what u nid to start a biz is capital. They aint jst ready to set me up. I want to join d civil defence corps bt i av to wait till they recruit dont think am nt doing all i cn to get out of dz shithole called home i came home 4rm service june 2014 n nobody give me a dime nt even pocket money n i dnt av relations dat r supportive.If i av made it thru dz last yr witout assistance,stealing,selling drugs etc then i blif i will mk it in life,God has bigger plans 4me. Leaving my parents will only land me on d streets. At the same tyme i blif parents shld also seek their wards happiness. I rest my case.
Listen to me son...In life there are only two outcomes, reasons and results. You can either give excuses for your situation or deciding to take action and doing something abt it. You re responsible for everything you re experiencing.

1 Like

Re: At 28 My Parents Dnt Let Me Keep A Girlfriend Advice Me Pls. by stepo707: 6:09pm On Jul 06, 2015
forget your girl for now.I know you are so much in love but you gotta let her go.Then use this month to hustle like crazy,look for a job and if possible learn a trade.Your parents should be supportive at this critical stage so you dont enter any trouble.Drink nearly got you into trouble the last time.
Re: At 28 My Parents Dnt Let Me Keep A Girlfriend Advice Me Pls. by ABEngine(m): 6:20pm On Jul 06, 2015
Who is talking parents at 28? Who does that? Please say something valid biko
Re: At 28 My Parents Dnt Let Me Keep A Girlfriend Advice Me Pls. by pickabeau1: 7:20pm On Jul 06, 2015
markidoo:
All i nid in this life of sin is me n my girlfriend. Drop ur advice.

Carry go Gangsta
You even blacked out from the pain

Re: At 28 My Parents Dnt Let Me Keep A Girlfriend Advice Me Pls. by Yustash001(m): 7:28pm On Jul 06, 2015
Try get a job and then you can be freed...but atleast your mother shoulda treated her well...then she could blast you after her departure...

3 Likes

Re: At 28 My Parents Dnt Let Me Keep A Girlfriend Advice Me Pls. by EyeKandy(f): 7:46pm On Jul 06, 2015
C'mon, some comments are unnecessary. Until you've bagged degrees, hustled for employment and own your own business, you're not in a position to ridicule anyone. Do you know if he's been actively seeking employment? I don't care if you work at Shell, you could be ax-ed tomorrow and it ain't yours.

That being said, OP, you should have made her understand that your parents are conservative. Hence, a lot of outside hookup. Its your responsibility to let your parents know you love this girl and you're hurt by the way she was disrespected (unless she was in a school uniform grin ) You're at fault for keeping a secret relationship at 28!!

2 Likes

Re: At 28 My Parents Dnt Let Me Keep A Girlfriend Advice Me Pls. by markidoo(m): 8:20pm On Jul 06, 2015
EyeKandy:
C'mon, some comments are unnecessary. Until you've bagged degrees, hustled for employment and own your own business, you're not in a position to ridicule anyone. Do you know if he's been actively seeking employment? I don't care if you work at Shell, you could be ax-ed tomorrow and it ain't yours.
That being said, OP, you should have made her understand that your parents are conservative. Hence, a lot of outside hookup. Its your responsibility to let your parents know you love this girl and you're hurt by the way she was disrespected (unless she was in a school uniform grin ) You're at fault for keeping a secret relationship at 28!!
I dnt do sec sch girls moreova shez a Hnd holder. Even my elder bro dat has a job,earns gud salary n is 31yrs dare nt bring home his gf home
Re: At 28 My Parents Dnt Let Me Keep A Girlfriend Advice Me Pls. by cococandy(f): 8:30pm On Jul 06, 2015
Your parents don't want a grandchild when you're yet to get a job. How will you take care of your child?
Get a job, be a man of your own you will see them urging you to get a girl.

2 Likes

Re: At 28 My Parents Dnt Let Me Keep A Girlfriend Advice Me Pls. by cococandy(f): 8:31pm On Jul 06, 2015
markidoo:
I dnt do sec sch girls moreova shez a Hnd holder. Even my elder bro dat has a job,earns gud salary n is 31yrs dare nt bring home his gf home

If he's still living with them, that's explains it too.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help. My Nigerian Boyfriend's Mother Hates Me Because I'm Not Nigerian? / Pls Advice Me Can My Husband Ex-girl Be Our Family Friend. / Come In Here For Your Cheap Electronics And Furniture Deals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.