Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Nigeria Beats USA, India, Mexico And Others In 2015 Technovation Challenge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Beats USA, India, Mexico And Others In 2015 Technovation Challenge (1275 Views)

Akwa Ibom To Import 2000 Cows From Mexico / NIA Collected $289m Cash From NAPIMS Account In 2015 / Photo Of Buhari With Victorious Eaglets In 1985, About To Do Same In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Beats USA, India, Mexico And Others In 2015 Technovation Challenge by bukster(f): 5:33pm On Jul 06, 2015
Lagos — Nigeria has emerged winner in Technovation Challenge world pitch, which held at San Francisco, USA. The team, i-kapture emerged winners in a competition that comprised six finalists from six countries. They are USA, India, Mexico, Brazil and Indonesia. 64 countries entered for the competition.

The winning team comprising four brilliant girls: Praise David-Oku, Sonam Kumar, Nmesoma Ogbonna, and Grace Akpoiroro developed a mobile app to tackle waste disposal challenge in Nigeria. The App pitched is called, 'Discardious'.

Mrs Martha Alade, Founder of WITIN and Coordinator of the program in Nigeria enthused that this years' team is exceptional and have done Nigeria proud. Their solution solves a major problem in Nigeria. This is the first time a Nigerian team would come first globally in Technovation World Pitch.

Grace Ihejiamaizu, an International Exchange Alumni and founder of iKapture Networks, who mentored the winning team, said they faced a lot of challenges on their way to success but overcame.

64 countries participated in the competition with 380 apps submitted, 10 teams from all over the world were given the opportunity to explain their project in form of a pitch and tell their app story in a creative way. The girls also attended life-changing workshops including a networking session.

One of the team members, Praise David-Oku, who spoke for the team, said the competition has totally changed their views of technology. "It has given our team a platform to use technology to solve problems in our community. It has also motivated us to think outside the box. It has boosted my self-confidence and helped me build new relationships and networking skills. I have met new people from different parts of the world and shared ideas. It has also made me realize that I am not too young to start achieving my goals.

source: http://allafrica.com/stories/201507060139.html

Meet the team *photos*

1. Team Charis (Nmesoma Ogbonna, Sonar Kumar, Charlotte Tarkem, Praise David and Grace Akpairoro)
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2457055_tmpdoodle1432842248980_jpeg89ca5c2452e8cb981026a7a809b43d33

2. TeamCharis with their coach, Miss Grace Iheji
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2457056_tmpdoodle1432842262104_jpegff7494f2e3cb53b3508c1b3e6cd1d7e8
Re: Nigeria Beats USA, India, Mexico And Others In 2015 Technovation Challenge by JBismarck(m): 5:36pm On Jul 06, 2015
Good 1
Re: Nigeria Beats USA, India, Mexico And Others In 2015 Technovation Challenge by elantraceey(f): 5:36pm On Jul 06, 2015
wow, good job ladies cheesy
Re: Nigeria Beats USA, India, Mexico And Others In 2015 Technovation Challenge by Truckpusher(m): 5:38pm On Jul 06, 2015
Sweet news - Make I dress my bed jare,na here I go lie down drink myself to stupor till barcanista and dearpreye come drag me commot. grin
Re: Nigeria Beats USA, India, Mexico And Others In 2015 Technovation Challenge by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 06, 2015
Girls or Ladies? smh for naija journalist
Re: Nigeria Beats USA, India, Mexico And Others In 2015 Technovation Challenge by Starships4u(m): 5:42pm On Jul 06, 2015
The only problem NIGERIA is the don't do catch them young(only the guys do that on pretty young girls) just watch as these boys and girls gets forgotten and turn dullards because of lack of follow up..... Its either their knowledge waste or get killed so their innovations do not stand.... But I decree that no Evil power would overshadow them.... Their light must radiate till it fills the universe....
Re: Nigeria Beats USA, India, Mexico And Others In 2015 Technovation Challenge by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 06, 2015
Truckpusher:
Sweet news - Make I dress my bed jare,na here I go lie down drink myself to stupor till barcanista and dearpreye come drag me commot. grin

grin grin grin grin grin. Your salvation is nearer than you would believe. I don die for laff grin grin grin....It's just sad that barcanista won't drag you away from your state; he will inflict more injuries by forcing more liquor down your throat... I dey church abeg...
Re: Nigeria Beats USA, India, Mexico And Others In 2015 Technovation Challenge by Mostwanted7: 5:43pm On Jul 06, 2015
How come news like this are hardly seen on foreign tabloids
Re: Nigeria Beats USA, India, Mexico And Others In 2015 Technovation Challenge by Truckpusher(m): 5:44pm On Jul 06, 2015
dearpreye:

grin grin grin grin grin. Your salvation is nearer than you would believe. I don die for laff grin grin grin....It's just sad that barcanista won't drag you away from your state; he will inflict more injuries by forcing more liquor down your throat... I dey church abeg...
grin grin cheesy

Nothing annoys me like all these weekly churches - Una wan force Jesus come back? angry
Re: Nigeria Beats USA, India, Mexico And Others In 2015 Technovation Challenge by jonadaft: 5:45pm On Jul 06, 2015
Good
GOD BLESS THE PRESIDENT cool
Re: Nigeria Beats USA, India, Mexico And Others In 2015 Technovation Challenge by Truckpusher(m): 5:46pm On Jul 06, 2015
Mostwanted7:
How come news like this are hardly seen on foreign tabloids
If you wait for the West to praise your ingenuity ,you'd be waiting for a long time. grin
Re: Nigeria Beats USA, India, Mexico And Others In 2015 Technovation Challenge by asadike(f): 5:46pm On Jul 06, 2015
chai! umu Biafra kwenu! What a glorious country Biafra will be. umu biafra making nigeria proud since 1800
Re: Nigeria Beats USA, India, Mexico And Others In 2015 Technovation Challenge by Truckpusher(m): 5:47pm On Jul 06, 2015
Jonathan:
Good
GOD BLESS THE PRESIDENT cool
Cow be still. grin

Re: Nigeria Beats USA, India, Mexico And Others In 2015 Technovation Challenge by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 06, 2015
Truckpusher:
grin grin cheesy

Nothing annoys me like all these weekly churches - Una wan force Jesus come back? angry

grin grin grin grin. Barcanista and you are a formidable drag. .. I need to increase my strength....Repent!!!
Re: Nigeria Beats USA, India, Mexico And Others In 2015 Technovation Challenge by Emeskhalifa(m): 5:48pm On Jul 06, 2015
Young sweet gurls sha
Re: Nigeria Beats USA, India, Mexico And Others In 2015 Technovation Challenge by fuadnero(m): 5:54pm On Jul 06, 2015
Nice one

BTW, I think I saw news last month on CNET
Re: Nigeria Beats USA, India, Mexico And Others In 2015 Technovation Challenge by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 06, 2015
Truckpusher:
Cow be still. grin

Bro, that thing inside BUBU dress na napkin or pant?
Re: Nigeria Beats USA, India, Mexico And Others In 2015 Technovation Challenge by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 06, 2015
At the end of the day, Nigeria will lose them funnily to the losing countries.
Re: Nigeria Beats USA, India, Mexico And Others In 2015 Technovation Challenge by lyntiffany(f): 6:05pm On Jul 06, 2015
dearpreye:

Bro, that thing inside BUBU dress na napkin or pant?
nah adult pampers cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Beats USA, India, Mexico And Others In 2015 Technovation Challenge by lyntiffany(f): 6:08pm On Jul 06, 2015
love reading this kinda news, it makes me keep up the fate that we will get there someday.
Re: Nigeria Beats USA, India, Mexico And Others In 2015 Technovation Challenge by LoveMachine(m): 7:04pm On Jul 06, 2015
Niiiiiice
Re: Nigeria Beats USA, India, Mexico And Others In 2015 Technovation Challenge by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 06, 2015
Truckpusher:
U and liquor..... I have told you repeatedly that excessive liquor isn't good for your health. Emulate me for once! I've NEVER tasted anything alcoholic since I was born.
Re: Nigeria Beats USA, India, Mexico And Others In 2015 Technovation Challenge by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 06, 2015
dearpreye:

I'm praying for him
Re: Nigeria Beats USA, India, Mexico And Others In 2015 Technovation Challenge by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 06, 2015
Re: Nigeria Beats USA, India, Mexico And Others In 2015 Technovation Challenge by CSTR2: 8:23pm On Jul 06, 2015
smart girls. While some of their mates in Nigeria are busy drinking postinor like sugar.

(1) (Reply)

The World We Live 1# Pic. For Intellectual / EXCLUSIVE: DSS Investigates Dasuki’s Bank Dealings In N40bn Security Fund Probe / Some Of The Hardwares The Jonathan's Administration Acquired- PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.