Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,678 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Opinion: PMB; My Hopes, My Fears! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: PMB; My Hopes, My Fears! (530 Views)

(Opinion) PMB Should Have Been Better Off As EFCC Boss / My Fears For Buhari’s Change Agenda - Olusegun Obasanjo / Opinion: PMB Maybe Suffering From Alzheimer's Disease (AD) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: PMB; My Hopes, My Fears! by fctguy: 6:35pm On Jul 06, 2015
The emergence of General Muhammadu Buhari as the President Commander-in-Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria came to me as a long awaited relief and a renewed hope of a better Nigeria in the face of terrorism, unstable economy and dwindling fortunes.

Afetr being sworn in on 29thof May 2015, I fantasized a total turn around in the country, like a wave of magical wand but reality struck me 30 days after the swearing in, many things I longed to see change became worse and daily my hopes gradually birthed fears, or am I in a hurry to see the change I so much crave for?

At 72, GMB now called PMB has showed no sense of the General we knew some few years back. We thought he would seize the bull by the horns and turn the misfortunes of this country around. Even the common man on the street straightened up on 30th of May 2015 thinking the stern General had arrived on the scene to make everything all right.

PMB, please tell us you are not like the other leaders we had who had no plans for the progress of our land.
PMB, please tell us you have a formidable plan to extinguish the insurgency that has suddenly reared its ugly head once more.
PMB, please tell us we shall experience lasting peace and tranquility in our communities where we can go to our places of worship without fear.
PMB, please tell us we shall no longer roam our streets in unending search of jobs and daily food.
PMB, please tell us that money meant for us will no longer be smuggled abroad
PMB, please tell us that you are not on a vindictive mission only.
PMB, please tell us that industries will rise again
PMB, tell us you truly love us!

My hopes are gradually turning into fears, do something quickly because the insurgents are not stopping, fuel queues are growing daily, the economy is increasingly becoming hard.

Nigeria will rise again
Re: Opinion: PMB; My Hopes, My Fears! by joganut(m): 6:35pm On Jul 06, 2015
Re: Opinion: PMB; My Hopes, My Fears! by libertyfather(m): 6:42pm On Jul 06, 2015
Me sef dey wonder oooo, all those shake up before he's swearing in done dey balance back, anyway people keep saying time at least let watch and see the deed has been done, but it not a mistake voting him because there's no better choice

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: PMB; My Hopes, My Fears! by Emmaesty(f): 6:57pm On Jul 06, 2015
He was just over hyped
Re: Opinion: PMB; My Hopes, My Fears! by fctguy: 11:48am On Feb 19, 2016
I think the present government should wake up from its campaign slumber and face reality
it is evident that they were not prepared to win but now that they have won, they should face the herculean task of turning around the misfortunes of Nigeria

On the other hand, our electoral process must include presidential candidates presenting near-detailed 4-yr roll out plan (possibly 8-yr) before the election proper. What and where APC has found itself should never re-occur in this country

(1) (Reply)

Police Storm Senate For Clues On ‘forgery’ Charge / How Lagos Gov Ambode, Rescued Accident Victim Today In Lagos (photos) / North Korea Accuses US Of Spreading Ebola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.