Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,181 members, 7,860,241 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:15 AM

Consortium Plan $7.5bn High Speed Rail From Lagos To N'delta - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Consortium Plan $7.5bn High Speed Rail From Lagos To N'delta (1971 Views)

Poll: Is the rail project to ND for $7.5BN a good Idea?

Yes: 54% (6 votes)
No: 45% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Ex-N'Delta Militants Declare Atiku Persona-Non-Grata / Don't Insult Jonathan On Facebook - N'Delta Group Appeals / Boko Haram To N'Delta Militants: Bastards Let’s Roll Some Heads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Consortium Plan $7.5bn High Speed Rail From Lagos To N'delta by StFunmi(f): 12:02am On Mar 06, 2009
Why are you laughing?. Is that not the normal Nigerian sysetm?
Re: Consortium Plan $7.5bn High Speed Rail From Lagos To N'delta by Fhemmmy: 2:25pm On Mar 06, 2009
bawomolo:

There is a reason civilized countries have warning signs and railroad police.  Nigerians must be forced to abide by rules or face fines or jail terms.

You want a company with history and pedigree to handle such project.  Who would you prefer, a Project Manager with years of experience and certification or some rookie graduate?

As always you always stimulate my thinking, you have a great point, and i hope that people will obey the signs, but then, how about those that dont even know what the signs means?
But if it can be done, will be great, but can we maintain such in Nigeria, please, i am not talking about the brain to, i am talking about a nation that will cut cost at all means to steal.
Re: Consortium Plan $7.5bn High Speed Rail From Lagos To N'delta by KnowAll(m): 2:50pm On Mar 06, 2009
I think it is the same company that wanted to buy Newcastle, u all know what happend to that deal.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Unofficial Black History Month Thread (Incorporating Facts) / Saudi Arabia Bans All Protesting - Say's Protesting Is A Violation Of Sharia Law / The Sad Story Of A Sw Pastor Who Lost Everything In Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.