Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,876 members, 7,824,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Diamond Bank Adopts New Workings Hours!--- 7pm Closing Time. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Diamond Bank Adopts New Workings Hours!--- 7pm Closing Time. (15019 Views)

Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami / Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida / Gtb Or Diamond Bank? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diamond Bank Adopts New Workings Hours!--- 7pm Closing Time. by Agbalanze(m): 7:51pm On May 22, 2009
maxtop:

its even too early, why don't they "pegged" it to 1 am, ! grin tongue embarassed
T.D.B should have being better grin tongue grin tongue
Re: Diamond Bank Adopts New Workings Hours!--- 7pm Closing Time. by init4dmoni(m): 7:53pm On May 22, 2009
nigerians like suffer suffer tongue
Re: Diamond Bank Adopts New Workings Hours!--- 7pm Closing Time. by horny4u(f): 9:37pm On May 22, 2009
MrCrackles:

Isnt that taking a fucking piss?

;DHaba you just took the words from my mouth like that grin
Re: Diamond Bank Adopts New Workings Hours!--- 7pm Closing Time. by beeswax: 10:05pm On May 22, 2009
watever!
when u have "wicked bosses" who will not let you go till you "balance", 7pm closing time will be thrown out d window
they should give me a break
Re: Diamond Bank Adopts New Workings Hours!--- 7pm Closing Time. by SeXyBoNE: 10:08pm On May 22, 2009
OUR BANK IN 9JA IS SUMHW SHA

MY FRIEND TOLD ME THAT WESTERN UNION WORK TILL ABOUT 12MIDNIGHT IN THE STATES

SO, WHATS THE BIG DEAL
Re: Diamond Bank Adopts New Workings Hours!--- 7pm Closing Time. by BadGuyDemo: 10:14pm On May 22, 2009
Please, cut the bullshit,

I work in a bank, and they also adopted the 7pm bullshit aswell. As though it's not late enough to leave work, and on that point, let me see who would question their branch manager if a meeting goes beyond 7 o'clock.

As much as there are high prospects in any banking job, but in Nigeria, it's 'corporate slavery'.

Don't believe the hype
Re: Diamond Bank Adopts New Workings Hours!--- 7pm Closing Time. by BadGuyDemo: 10:24pm On May 22, 2009
Ur friend that's working at Western Union in the states is most probably working a night shift.

In an ideal 'Nigeria', what is truly supposed to happen in our banks, especially with our operation staff, is that there are supposed to be seperate working hours for night shifts, night-audit workers if you may. They are the ones to balance and call-over. It's only in Nigeria that Banking staff are so stretched to, and in some cases, beyond their limits.
Re: Diamond Bank Adopts New Workings Hours!--- 7pm Closing Time. by Oxone(m): 4:04am On May 23, 2009
well what do you peeps expect without proper authorities to protect workers from the whims & caprices of some greedy people. undecided undecided undecided undecided
sad as it might be people are still hustling to work in banks. go for a bank recruitment exercise to see what i mean. i guess they see their workers as people who have no choice & would swallow every shit thrown their way cos of the pathetic living condition in 9ja
Re: Diamond Bank Adopts New Workings Hours!--- 7pm Closing Time. by lastpage: 5:02am On May 23, 2009
Abeg, l strongly disagree shocked
When l read this 'announcement', l simply went searching in my music archives and guess what!
Only one CD showed up: FELA ANIKULAPO: SUFFER-HEAD MUST STOP,, ORIGINAL SUFFER-HEAD! lipsrsealed tongue

, and having put in a few years in the bank myself, in V.I, l know that if "Bankers" (especially the top-brass) are diligent and apply their brains more, than they apply their muscles in harassing those below them, every Banker can go home by 5:00pm. (with the exception of I.T operators who have to process "end-of-day", those ones even resume in the evening and work over-night)
"Technology" makes 'process and procedure' easier and thats why we pay a lot of money for it.
Let every bank re-appraise its "work-flow and work-process" and they will be surprised at how many hours they actually waste, doing wasteful, avoidable chores!
The problem is time-management.

In my case, to avoid the perennial traffic on 3rd Mainland Bridge, l leave home by 5:45am and get to work in 30mins grin , and u can bet, l take a nap before 8am when my work really starts. If l leave home by 6:30am, l get to the office around 9:20am! The choice is mine. cry

But between 8am and 5pm, na DIE, sometimes l dont even remember to eat breakfast! The thing is, the bank refused to employ more staff and its a case of human-exploitation.

At close of work, God forbid that l join them to "rush-home" tongue
I "relax" till 8:30pm and once l pass that stupid and useless "Eke-checkpoint" at Falomo, Night driving is soooo sweet! 40mins max, l am home!!
If closing time meets me outside V.I, l spend the "extra-time" wisely to visit "a friend" , in day time grin
In case you dont know, Bankers are the greatest "playboys" around. Thats a honest truth though l am "born-again" now grin tongue lipsrsealed

On one of the few days l ventured out of my office "early" (6:00pm) and got stock on that yeye Osbourne road, well, l still have the scars to show for it somewhere behind my neck!
Baaad-boys just emerged from under the bridge, with Hammer, Cutlass, Axe and other 'Iraqi-style', Weapons of Human Destruction (WHD), broke my windshield, obtained all my "effects" (Patent leather shoe, Suit, Designer wristwatch, posing Gold ring, belt, mobile phones, e.t.c) and even all my pleadings concerning my Laptop only earned me a machete cut! I still have my scars to prove it. (Wish l had a GUN)

The most annoying part of it was that other cars, including fellow bankers, just dodged right and zoomed-off!, and to think that an "Eke-checkpoint" was just less than 80meters away (the last one before you join 3rd Mainland, at Whitesands)
Anyway, l love the job, l love the challenges and most of all, l love the PAY, GBEEMU!
If you cant stand the heat, please get out of the kitchen, fast-fast.

As for Diamond bank, am sure this is a very distasteful joke, am sure they mean to say 5pm grin grin

Ah go die o!
Re: Diamond Bank Adopts New Workings Hours!--- 7pm Closing Time. by Kc0022000(m): 5:52am On May 23, 2009
Slavery, Nigerian workers are enslaved working from 7am or 8am till 7/9pm, 7pm closing time from D-bank is still no good news, they can do better. 8 working hrs per day and any mins above that should be overtime,
Re: Diamond Bank Adopts New Workings Hours!--- 7pm Closing Time. by slimfine(f): 6:10am On May 23, 2009
They can close at 12 midnight no problem, but my question remains, why cant they have shift change? why must the person who opens in the morning close at night? very sad and very brutal.
Re: Diamond Bank Adopts New Workings Hours!--- 7pm Closing Time. by Nobody: 9:22am On May 23, 2009
Some workers close by 4pm.
Yet their pay is thrice that of the average banker.
Banking in Nigeria = Slavery !!
Re: Diamond Bank Adopts New Workings Hours!--- 7pm Closing Time. by oknee: 9:34am On May 23, 2009
well, 7pm is still late. for those outside lagos, u don't have any business staying as late as 7pm. i work as a customer service officer .i finish all work that needs my attention by 5pm and 5.30 pm and i get to leave the office by 6-6.15. most times, people are used to staying long ang GISTING while time will be going. i bet u, if they face the work that is on their table, 6pm will be ok. as for me, i have a family that will be waiting for me and i concentrate so i can finish early and go home. besides work does not finish, do the ones that can't be shifted to another day.
Re: Diamond Bank Adopts New Workings Hours!--- 7pm Closing Time. by dammiecool(m): 1:52pm On May 23, 2009
Diesel cost grin grin
yes diesel cost grin
Re: Diamond Bank Adopts New Workings Hours!--- 7pm Closing Time. by ifyalways(f): 6:40pm On May 23, 2009
what diesel cost are u guys talking abt
Re: Diamond Bank Adopts New Workings Hours!--- 7pm Closing Time. by luckiest: 12:02pm On May 24, 2009
anytime they like they can go home, if you don't like the closing time nobody stops you from walking away abi, if the bank wish to close by 1pm let it be so as long as the workers don't complain; of what use is a worker who closes early but cannot feed his family? some people are ready to close by 12am so long as they can get paid for the job done.
Re: Diamond Bank Adopts New Workings Hours!--- 7pm Closing Time. by luckiest: 12:05pm On May 24, 2009
they can leave the job and work for the government, close by 3.30pm and get hom by 4pm, finish their salary by the first week and collect bribe to balance for the next 3 weeks
Re: Diamond Bank Adopts New Workings Hours!--- 7pm Closing Time. by RuuDie(m): 12:35pm On May 24, 2009
Wonder if you guys know there are 5am - 6pm, 7-days a week jobs out there
Re: Diamond Bank Adopts New Workings Hours!--- 7pm Closing Time. by lastpage: 12:28am On May 25, 2009
POVERTY is really more than a disease!, It has become the NIGERIAN- lifestyle!!

BRUTALIZED NIGERIANS, , we would find "any excuse" to justify slavery!

Cant blame anyone sha, that was the whole idea, from day-one, by the ruling Elite embarassed embarassed embarassed angry sad
Re: Diamond Bank Adopts New Workings Hours!--- 7pm Closing Time. by ud4u: 11:25am On May 25, 2009
Closing by 7pm is early? Na waoo that one na suffer head.
Re: Diamond Bank Adopts New Workings Hours!--- 7pm Closing Time. by luckiest: 11:11pm On May 25, 2009
You guys are talking about a bank that is trying to be as fair as possible with good salary, just visit those industrial centers where you have Chinese and Indians puting Nigerians thru heal; where people stand outside with no hope of getting a job even those who got in are at the risk of loosing it to those outside, abegi make una let person hear word boo; you see work you dey complain of time, make those new grads grab the job with the condition of working for up to 15hrs, then you will understand.
Re: Diamond Bank Adopts New Workings Hours!--- 7pm Closing Time. by solosimple(m): 12:09pm On May 26, 2009
Or is it the traffic that is the root cause? i am trying to wonder whether the bankers in jigawa or ebonyi face this kind of stress like lagos bankers encounter daily? Undecided
I think the problem is synonymous to Lagos, considering other states.
My friends who work in other states told me they close as early as 5-6pm and they are in their homes before 7pm.
You know say everything for Lagos nah in excess we dey do ham!
Re: Diamond Bank Adopts New Workings Hours!--- 7pm Closing Time. by drnonye(m): 4:56pm On May 28, 2009
TD Bank here in Canada closes at 9PM. They are the only bank that is open late, maybe this a niche that Diamond Bank is also trying to capture.You people do realize that it will not be every banker who will be working until close on any given day-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JosBoy4Lif lets be more realist here. Nigeria isn’t the same as Canada. Finishing work by 9pm isn’t a big deal in Canada.

i have been 2 Canada loads of times and it’s a safe place 2 be. Security is still a big issue in Nigeria.
u honestly want to b on the Nigeria road by 8pm all dressed in ur suit and a fancy car? , i don’t think so.

I believe staff willing 2 work late to do some extra work should be given some form of incentive. Folks are taking advantage of the situation back home.

Isn’t there an association protecting banker’s interest in Nigeria?
-
Re: Diamond Bank Adopts New Workings Hours!--- 7pm Closing Time. by Nobody: 12:48am On May 29, 2009
drnonye:

TD Bank here in Canada closes at[b] 9PM[/b]. -

The latest TD branches are open is 8pm. Some branches never work that late, some are open late everyday and some are open late on only certain days of the week. All branches open at 8am but standard is to work 7.5 hours/day excluding lunch. For a branch open from 8am-8pm, you can be sure the same people that started at 8am will not be the ones closing at 8pm.

Maybe what we need in Nigeria is Saturday banking if that will reduce the number of work hours needed during the week undecided undecided
Re: Diamond Bank Adopts New Workings Hours!--- 7pm Closing Time. by teebabs1: 11:45am On Jun 01, 2009
na slaves dem dis bankers be?
Abed, make management free them small abi them think say this guys no get families and it is very important that they find time with their families,

Arrant Drudgery cry cry cry
Re: Diamond Bank Adopts New Workings Hours!--- 7pm Closing Time. by NaijaHotGuy: 5:02pm On Aug 18, 2013
is this in effect?
Re: Diamond Bank Adopts New Workings Hours!--- 7pm Closing Time. by plendil: 7:44pm On Aug 18, 2013
^evidently not
Re: Diamond Bank Adopts New Workings Hours!--- 7pm Closing Time. by Vetsolo(m): 6:16am On Jul 12, 2016
jennyfah:
dont get the whole thing wrong
we all knw that d popular sayin bankers dont close early
bankers dont hav time
well Diamond bank created a policy that states nobody shld be in d ofice by 7pm
by 7pm the server is switched off from head office
this doesnt mean that 7.00 is when staff close from work
like me for instance today i left the office by 5.30pm although i dont stay in lagos bt the staff in our lagos branches can attest to the fact that theyy leave the office early
i love my work place and i have no reason to regret workin with Diamond bank

are u sure you have no reason to regret eorking in diamond bank nw
Re: Diamond Bank Adopts New Workings Hours!--- 7pm Closing Time. by Nobody: 7:08am On Jul 12, 2016
Why do I feel this is easier said than done?

So let me get this straight.

If you are a Cashier and your cash account does not balance for the day, you can simply pack up and go home? Regardless of the overage/shortage? You don't need to call over?

So the rule that no cash account must have a dime in it from one day to another does not apply anymore? No more query for those whose cash accounts did not "zero" or balance from the previous days work?

And let us assume you treated 400 vouchers and you had some challenges (network, etc) when it is 7pm, you can leave the vouchers and go home without posting them?

And if you are a marketer and you you using the LAD package to enter info on prospects you just closed out, you can leave them when it is 7 and continue the next day? Or are they saying you must rush your work/tasks and complete them by 7?

In my opinion while this is good, it is also a DILEMMA. it might just add stress for the remaining working hours. I hope the 7pm time is not mandatory but voluntary. If all your work has been done then you can leave. But then is that not how it used to be?

The reasons for staying behind for some is not just work related alone. Some stay because their friends are still there. Or because they have some gist or some other stuff happening. Some stay because their lovers are still behind, regardless of marital status. The trysts that happen regularly in dark corners (when only few people are left behind) and in the restrooms. There are strong relationships amongst many bankers than they have with their individual family members. And over the years, going through the rough seas of banking has led to strong camaraderie. You will be surprised.

Also, with the current empty cubicles syndrome affecting the banks, how is this possible? Most banking halls now have 1-3 cubicles empty and devoid of cashiers and officers. Workload has increased on all bankers. They just laid of staff. Is this not more work load with reduced turn around time?

(1) (2) (Reply)

**New**Opportunity for PHYSIOLOGY ,HUMAN ANATOMY and other BSc Graduates / Truth For The Wise: Don’t Expect More Jobs In The Future / Why Is Engineering So Difficult To Practice In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.