Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? (10067 Views)

For Fun - Popular Contributors To Religion Section / Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus / Why Nairalanders Lose Faith On The Religion Section Easily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by malvisguy212: 9:32pm On Jul 07, 2015
Great0:
Some are ignorant of the age we are into. This new age started from the year 2000. And it is call the AGE OF TRUTH. So in years ahead, i will be seeing many atheist, satanist etc given their life to christ . Blessings
Bless you my Good friend.
@op.
Nairaland does not strengthen my faith, ever since I had encounter with God , my faith was strengthen. The simple thing I learn is that Nigeria atheists are different from the rest of the world. they say God is a Nigeria and I say Satan too is a Nigeria. Nairaland atheists think people who have faith are stup*id because they believe in God but doesent really understand most thing behind science BUT believe in it anyway, what's the different ?

If you are as intelligent and intellectual
as you think you are you would see the
wisdom of being civil and polite. It would cost you nothing. People will actually listen to you. You would do more good to atheism if instead of saying, I don’t believe in unicorns, you talk to people and listen. Listen to why they have faith and then go on and speak your mind.
What's really funny is Only disbelief in God makes one that silly.

I've said this before in a thread I created, "what I've learn about atheism"
they use the terms "free thinker" a lot but that implies that have choice. In a universe where every succeeding action comes from a preceding event. there is no true free will, or choice. Choice within itself is an ILLUSION and is
only the result of molecular anarchy and natural processes.
The eyes is of NO used when the mind is blind.

5 Likes

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by urheme: 9:43pm On Jul 07, 2015
Great0:

Its just a matter of time, you will testify. I have your likes with me.

No weapon fashion against sonoflucifer shall prosper

Sonoflucifer may i have your permission to detangle an rearrange this sonofman

grin
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by Sunnystooth(m): 10:37pm On Jul 07, 2015
Interesting thread... Just observing from my usual hiding place.
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:38pm On Jul 07, 2015
Very funny thread ...

Its funnier how plaetton wins arguments with his relations and random people but never on Nairaland . cool

Atheists will believe anything as far as you are one of them

The urge for evidences to substantiate claims just disappears shocked shocked shocked cc : Johnydon22 , kay17 , hahn , davien , frank317 etc I'm surprised no one asked him to prove these stories

Hei ! A christian is labelled a liar or seen as self-deluded if he tells this same story of miracles and atheists turning to Christ

Its obvious who the real gullible ones are cheesy cheesy

Bunch of hypocrites !
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by johnydon22(m): 10:43pm On Jul 07, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
Very funny thread ...

Its funnier how plaetton wins arguments with his relations and random people but never on Nairaland . cool

Atheists will believe anything as far as you are one of them

The urge for evidences to substantiate claims just disappears shocked shocked shocked cc : Johnydon22 , kay17 , hahn , davien , frank317 etc I'm surprised no one asked him to prove these stories

Hei ! A christian is labelled a liar or seen as self-deluded if he tells this same story of miracles and atheists turning to Christ

Its obvious who the real gullible ones are cheesy cheesy

Bunch of hypocrites !
Hahahahahahahahaha now you are trying to compare claims of preternatural events to the story plaetton told? . . lol.. you need help cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:03pm On Jul 07, 2015
johnydon22:

Hahahahahahahahaha now you are trying to compare claims of preternatural events to the story plaetton told? . . lol.. you need help cheesy

This is cowardice ! And a shameless response. You are obviously afraid to ask your master , plaetton to prove his fake stories . This is credulity and hypocrisy at its peak . *spits*
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by johnydon22(m): 11:06pm On Jul 07, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

This is cowardice ! And a shameless response. You are obviously afraid to ask your master , plaetton to prove his fake stories . This is credulity and hypocrisy at its peak . *spits*
Hahahahahahahaha Here we go...
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by Ranchhoddas: 11:08pm On Jul 07, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Na ur papa be harvest angry
this comment has elements of the old muskeeto in it.I believe that muskeeto/amanfrommars/sonoflucifer are one and the same person.
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by Ranchhoddas: 11:16pm On Jul 07, 2015
urheme:

The badest grin
How do u maintain both identities with different idealogies.

Well!!

Still love you with all my heart even when you become mosquito 2moro tongue

Remembering your i will soon die thread and saw how taxanomaly showed so much compassion.

May you live forever love.

Love u till death kiss
Nope.That was AlfaSeltzer's thread.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:20pm On Jul 07, 2015
johnydon22:

Here we go

Off course , because your weaknesses are being exposed .

You quickly believed this trash he spewed here but no not for a Christian . See how you fought , mocked and accused sportsmaster of lying when he told his stories . You wanted evidence and mentioned the amputed leg growing back miracle . But you quickly believed plaetton 's stories - one has it that his brother-in-law a seminarian turned atheist after having arguments with him .

If I tell you how my atheist sister-in-law turned to Christianity will you believe me ? Answer me or remain a coward smiley
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by johnydon22(m): 11:25pm On Jul 07, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Off course , because your weaknesses are being exposed .

You quickly believed this trash he spewed here but no not for a Christian . See how you fought , mocked and accused sportsmaster of lying when he told his stories . You wanted evidence and mentioned the amputed leg growing back miracle .But you quickly believed plaetton's stories - one has it that his brother-in-law a seminarian turned atheist after having arguments with him .

If I tell you how my atheist sister-in-law turned to Christianity will you believe me ? Answer me or remain a coward smiley
Am so sure i never commented on plaetton's story to assert the affirmative but somehow your wild imagination pulled a flimsy assertion based on your assumption out so you can rant...

If you can show me a post where i applauded plaetton's story or asserted i believe the story then i will take you serious but if you can't then its obvious wink

You sound very angry and frustrated.... why? Again you are comparing claims of supernatural and a day to day tale?...lol..

1 Like

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:30pm On Jul 07, 2015
johnydon22:

Am so sure i never commented on plaetton's story to assert the affirmative but somehow your wild imagination pulled a flimsy assertion based on your assumption out so you can rant...

If you can show me a post where i applauded plaetton's story or asserted i believe the story then i will take you serious but if you can't then its obvious wink

You sound very angry and frustrated.... why?

I'm not angry but Ive been blown away by the hypocrisy shown here today . Just unbelievable !

So Johnny answer me

1. do you believe plaetton 's stories without any evidence ? Yes or no ?
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by johnydon22(m): 11:38pm On Jul 07, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

I'm not angry but Ive been blown away by the hypocrisy shown here today . Just unbelievable !

So Johnny answer me

1. do you believe plaetton 's stories without any evidence ? Yes or no ?
I think you have an issue with plaetton's story why don't you take it up with him.

You have once pulled out a link on an atheist woman that turned christian during one of our discussions, i never disputed the story i only pointed out millions of christians turn atheistic everyday.

For plaetton's story, i am not disputing it because he never claimed preternatural feat just like i didn't dispute yours... If he made a supernatural claim you would have seen me rubbish it outright but it was not.

If he had made a preternatural claim and no one disputed it then your rants would have been justified but obviously people actually may take you to be clowning around raising unnecessary rants... Sometimes some things are not just worth being discussed...After all i too had been to the seminary

1 Like

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by UyiIredia(m): 11:45pm On Jul 07, 2015
I'd like more Christians and other believers to answer. We can't have only atheists here. The discussion is a bit one-sided.
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by UyiIredia(m): 11:48pm On Jul 07, 2015
SIRANDREWS:
It was the first place I met someone who didn't believe God existed. I was amazed and thought it was a joke.

but right now, in fact since the last two years, I've been an atheist !!

Hallelujah!!!

I have presented some arguments for God's existence here

https://www.nairaland.com/2353987/three-arguments-gods-existence
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:56pm On Jul 07, 2015
johnydon22:

I think you have an issue with plaetton's story why don't you take it up with him.

You have once pulled out a link on an atheist woman that turned christian during one of our discussions, i never disputed the story i only pointed out millions of christians turn atheistic everyday.

Lmao ... Stop exaggerating . People are turning secular not atheistic . Even the Kardashians , Nicki Minaj and their likes go to church but they do what they do embarassed . Belief , and belief and practice are just the same.

For plaetton's story, i am not disputing it because he never claimed preternatural feat just like i didn't dispute yours... If he made a supernatural claim you would have seen me rubbish it outright but it was not.

If he had made a preternatural claim and no one disputed it then your rants would have been justified but obviously people actually may take you to be clowning around raising unnecessary rants... Sometimes some things are not just worth being discussed...

I was stating the obvious .... so tell me if a christian tells a story of how he turned many atheists he preached to , to Christians... will you believe it without questions . Be sincere undecided
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by johnydon22(m): 12:04am On Jul 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Lmao ... Stop exaggerating . People are turning secular not atheistic . Even the Kardashians , Nicki Minaj and their likes go to church but they do what they do embarassed . Belief , and belief and practice are just the same.
And somehow i no longer know the meaning of secularism and i chose to use atheistic. . and then you employ nicki minaj and co what type of discussion is this exactly

I was stating the obvious .... so tell me if a christian tells a story of how he turned many atheists he preached to , to Christians... will you believe it without questions . Be sincere undecided
And what exactly is there to dispute? That the atheist didn't turn Christian or an atheist can't turn theistic? Seriously sometimes the assertions you bring are disappointing

1 Like

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:22am On Jul 08, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]And somehow i no longer know the meaning of secularism and i chose to use atheistic. .

ok a better word , [i]wordly

And you said millions everyday . Meaning in 20-40 years over 80 per cent of the world population would be atheists . And off course you know the reverse is the case

and then you employ nicki minaj and co what type of discussion is this exactly
Giving examples to understand what I mean

And what exactly is there to dispute? That the atheist didn't turn Christian or an atheist can't turn theistic? Seriously sometimes the assertions you bring are disappointing

You do it every time ... so why is today's own sounding new ? grin
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by doofanc: 12:50am On Jul 08, 2015
This thread should be renamed Atheists zone. smh
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by Nobody: 1:30am On Jul 08, 2015
I enjoy making research, and this board helps me do so. It also gives me opportunity to preach, so as to save any life who wish to be saved.

God wants all to be saved, both those in Nairaland. But we do what we can, and live them to make there decisions.

The section has its setbacks, many may not agree on a point cause, they are shy how others will view them. That I ve observed. Private discussion might be best.

Many here too, may find it hard to know which side to believe cos of meager knowledge of the whole issue involved or cos of twist from one discussant.

Some too might follow a popular opinion or follow one whom he thinks command grammar. Not knowing that that does not mean that the writer is correct.

Many run from faith, and take a stand that require more faith.

Ubenedictus, emusan, pastorolut and more that I can't remember. I did for once had discussion I particularly enjoyed with them.

Some also benefit from our points even without we being aware. Biblespeaks, trugun, dolphinheart, are some of these. There is one guy called Scholar-something. I can't remember his handle. He made one interesting comment, i did enjoy.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by Demmzy15(m): 1:31am On Jul 08, 2015
malvisguy212:
@op.
Nairaland does not strengthen my faith, ever since I had encounter with God , my faith was strengthen. The simple thing I learn is that Nigeria atheists are different from the rest of the world. they say God is a Nigeria and I say Satan too is a Nigeria. Nairaland atheists think people who have faith are stup*id because they believe in God but doesent really understand most thing behind science BUT believe in it anyway, what's the different ?

wisdom of being civil and polite. It would cost you nothing. People will actually listen to you. You would do more good to atheism if instead of saying, I don’t believe in unicorns, you talk to people and listen. Listen to why they have faith and then go on and speak your mind.

they use the terms "free thinker" a lot but that implies that have choice. In a universe where every succeeding action comes from a preceding event. there is no true free will, or choice. Choice within itself is an ILLUSION and is
First time you made sense! grin cheesy wink
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by Nobody: 1:49am On Jul 08, 2015
frank317:
My dad is a pastor and I was brought up in a deep religious deeper life kind of way. I always hated church and was always fascinated by atheistic comments. Yet I never thought I would ever doubt the existence of a creator.
[b]I am a deep thinker [/b]and a fiction writer... I thought religious stories would make nice interesting stories hence my stories always betrays this thought.
Religious section opened my eyes and paved the way for my thoughts. Here I meet intelligent atheist who are constructive in their way of talking and who actually make use of their brains.
I also met very few intelligent theists which is quite interesting.
Finally... Nigeria is a crazy country where even the well educated behave like adamant illiterate. Nairaland religious section is my escape from the stupidity of Nigerians who think just believing in God makes u perfect hence they wallow in ignorance and accept their sufferings while they die slowly. Here u find people who reason and actually make use of their brains which is a great relief from the delusion people around me swim in. Now I miss pple like crexx, logic boy, amanfrommars, etc. Well the new once are doing perfectly great too.
And ohhh.... Theist just help make me understand that a disbelieve in Gos makes perfect sense. How? Read such silly questions like...how are u sure God don't exist? Or how did u come to this world??

I learnt that atheists think their lack of religion makes them "deep thinkers".
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by Nobody: 1:56am On Jul 08, 2015
I learned a lot things in my years here and i will outline below:

1. that there really is nothing like a moderate muslim. the average muslim will kill you if he/she feels they can get away with it.

2. most nigerian atheists are stupendously ignorant about science... they merely use it as a crutch to justify their lack of religion.

3. Many who claim to be christian really are not convinced of what they believe... they are easily swayed by carefully packaged "arguments" that are basically just a mishmash of word salad in flowery language.

4. Nigerians mostly live on the extremes when it comes to religion - they are either extreme atheists or extreme christians... middle of the road pragmatic christianity is not allowed.

5. Extreme christians are a sight to behold... these ones have turned their churches and "papas" into mini god and will defend them to death.

7 Likes

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by urheme: 6:06am On Jul 08, 2015
Ranchhoddas:
Nope.That was AlfaSeltzer's thread.

Is true, i remember now!!!
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by wiegraf: 6:46am On Jul 08, 2015
FearGodAndLive:

Yes. We are all one.

The mindfuck will be real tongiht.

Shoutout to plaetton, wiegraf and co. May our paths cross in the future. I am off Nairaland for good. kiss

For reals?

Peace and love brah.

But yeah, we'll eventually meet, methinks. Even if I Need To Procrastinate and keep putting important things off...

And I may soon follow you actually. Pretty much said and done all I could here. Social issues keep bringing me back tho...for some reason. And as the internet isn't running away, I like to keep the option open. In other words, I'm terrible at making final decisions
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by frank317: 7:00am On Jul 08, 2015
davidylan:

I am tempted to call you mumu. I employ deep thinking not because I am irreligious but because it is needed when I write my non fiction stories... Click on my profile, read one of my stories and see if you would not be awed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by malvisguy212: 7:07am On Jul 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

I tell you bro. If pleatton was a christian and the girl was an atheist, they will called pleatton a liar.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by dalaman: 8:58am On Jul 08, 2015
frank317:

I am tempted to call you mumu. I employ deep thinking not because I am irreligious but because it is needed when I write my non fiction stories... Click on my profile, read one of my stories and see if you would not be awed.

You should learn not to take David seriously. He seems to be angry that the atheist are free from accepting the hogwash any mythical narrative he was indoctrinated to accept. He has said it himself long ago that christianity has nothing to do with reason or logic but just faith. It is the debates between davidylan and the muslims back in the days that made me start to think about (not question) the existence of God.

3 Likes

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 08, 2015
I think seeing fellow Nigerians arguing back and forth on scientific and philosophical issues actuall brought back my love for reading. I mean, i hadn't studied a book for like a decade 'til i saw logicboy, thehomer et al talking about abstract concepts.
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by Great0: 9:49am On Jul 08, 2015
malvisguy212:
@op.

True talk my brother. More Grace

1 Like

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by Great0: 9:50am On Jul 08, 2015
urheme:

No weapon fashion against sonoflucifer shall prosper

Sonoflucifer may i have your permission to detangle an rearrange this sonofman

grin
You fit do am?
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by hahn(m): 10:05am On Jul 08, 2015
davidylan:

That's a wrong assertion. You have to become a free thinker, even while practising a religion, before you decide to ignore religion. Most atheists don't really see themselves as "atheists", that's only a word used to describe people who don't follow any religios system.

Its not as if one gets paid for claiming to be "atheists". Being a "free thinker" only implies that one chooses to think without any dogmatic bias

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Download Free Gospel Music: Forever Jones - He Wants It All / See The Country Where Garden Of Eden Is Located... (photos) / Hello Heathens!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.