Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? (10019 Views)

For Fun - Popular Contributors To Religion Section / Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus / Why Nairalanders Lose Faith On The Religion Section Easily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by dalaman: 5:46am On Jul 09, 2015
sportsmaster:

Have you got any sick person in your house?i can pray for them.
Just be sincere and give me their name.

I don't have any sick person in my house or immediate family at the moment but my cousin who I consider to be like a brother has a 5 years old daughter who has down syndrome. Her name is Martha and they live in Abuja. You can pray for her let's see if she will be healed of her down syndrome by tomorrow.
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by Nobody: 5:48am On Jul 09, 2015
wiegraf:

For reals?

Peace and love brah.

But yeah, we'll eventually meet, methinks. Even if I Need To Procrastinate and keep putting important things off...

And I may soon follow you actually. Pretty much said and done all I could here. Social issues keep bringing me back tho...for some reason. And as the internet isn't running away, I like to keep the option open. In other words, I'm terrible at making final decisions
hAHAHA.. In same shoes bro.

My lessons

As muskeeto/amanfrommars/sonoflucifer

- Keep an open mind. As humans, how we understand individually is subjective. You must be willing to listen to others and understand them in other to have any meaningful conversations with people. I feel people like JoAgbaje and a few of his friends are willfully deceitful, but not all Christians who pay tithes are brainwashed. Some do this with a sincere heart and those tithes are actually used to help the less privileged in society.
- Humans generally prefer respect to truth. The manner in which you present your arguments goes a long way in determining how it would be received by whoever it is intended for. Threatening atheist with hell or calling Chrisitians dumb adds nothing positive to arguments about God's existence.
- Christianity and Islam have replaced and erased most of African history. It is unfortunate to walk into Nigerian churches and hear pregnant women hoping to give birth like the Hebrew women and striving to be like the daughters of Zion. The Aba women and Olumo rock are much better alternatives in my opinion.

It would help if more knowledgeable Christians are willing to address the ignorance propagated by the dumber majority. Reading comments from Christians on threads like JOAGBAJES text message from demons only ridicules Christianity and Christians. NO atheist help needed.Believe what you will but treat humans as you'd treat yourself. smiley

6 Likes

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 09, 2015
dalaman:

I don't have any sick person in my house or immediate family at the moment but my cousin who I consider to be like a brother has a 5 years old daughter who has down syndrome. Her name is Martha and they live in Abuja. You can pray for her let's see if she will be healed of her down syndrome by tomorrow.

from your statements,i think you Just wanna experiment the Power of God.
You think the Healing Power of God is a like an experiment? no its Not,..she cant get healed because you are not in "Faith".
If you believe God that she will be healed,then she will be healed.
You want me to perform an experiment with the Power of God.
Lol.

You have to be in faith.
Without Faith you cannot receive,You have to believe God for her healing .

You also want to taste the Goodness of God.?

I cant waste my time on someone who is not in FAITH.
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by dalaman: 10:19am On Jul 09, 2015
sportsmaster:

You think the Healing Power of God is a like an experiment? no its Not,..she cant get healed because you are not in "Faith".
Lol.

You have to be in faith.

My faith doesn't matter. Her parents especially her mum is a very strong believer. Her faith is so strong. She is actually believing in God for a miracle. You can use her parents faith, the faith of all her extended family who are all christians and the little girls faith( I don't know much about her faith though cos she is retarded) as a basis of your prayers if it requires faith.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by hahn(m): 10:32am On Jul 09, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
I feel so bad that I came around here when it has been infested with the atheists . I hardly enjoy any thread without it being about God's existence . This section , for me as a Christian , was supposed to be for challenging topics in my Religion to be addressed . You know , discussions about God , spiritual growth etc. Not what we are experiencing now . *Sigh* So for me , it has to be what I've learnt about certain people on this board .

For God-believers : DeepSight is no 1 for me , there's davidylan(very smart and pragmatic) , malvinsguy212 (calm and precise), UyiIredia (smart debater ) Joshthefirst ( loves how he combines God and science) , prophetudeme (keep feeding them with the word) , Inesqor (sounds like a physicist), KoloOyinbo(intelligent , massive respect for him) , misogynist (loves going down history lane , but you don't really have to ) , sportsmaster (God bless and strengthen you )

The atheists : Johnydon22 (close brother , atheist extremist ) , kay17(smart , but always asking the wrong questions) ,frank317(I just dont take his posts seriously ) , MrPresident (challenged me once and got crushed through the use of the word), theAtheist101 (always starts with "who created
God?" Idrismusty97 (He's very frustrated with his disbelief in God) , MizJanet (very obtuse ) , thehomer (smart but hypocritical) ,hahn (cool , raised by an atheist) , davien (smart , believes science has the answers ) ,dprogd(can be childish with his unbelief) , plaetton (ignorant ,arrogant and a bigot , am not sure how he lives with the public , resorts to insults when frustrated or not taken seriously)

C'est fini

Lol

3 Likes

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by Great0: 11:37am On Jul 09, 2015
sportsmaster:

Lol.

You have to be in faith.

Bro dont expect dalaman to have faith. Cox he has never believe in supernatural. The scripture said that without sign, they will not believe. So he need to see sign for him to believe in God. Your faith(depending on your faith height) can cover the whole system and raise the young lad back to normal.
Am in agreement with you, joining my faith with yours to raise the young lad (if you decide to carry it out). You can move forward. God is with you. More Grace.
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 09, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
prophetudeme (keep feeding them with the word) ,
***smiles*** The gracious Lord shall strengthen me with the word daily. Thanx man.
:
MizJanet (very obtuse ) ,
i will be including her in my prayers. She will confess Christ when the time comes as Great0 said.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by Ubenedictus(m): 12:48am On Jul 10, 2015
urheme:
Quite a lot.

Sir pleatton taught me how unrealistic religion is,
Macof and pagan9ja made me know that even the pagans are enlighten and well soffisticated.

The being called rationalmind is a wonderful being, something he or she imbibe in me is to have strong reasons for doing or enguaging in a thing, i will never forget that post.

Olaadegbe don't know if i spelt the name correct, made me believe the Bible is a trick book, this man knows where every word is in the bible, believe me he can make voluminous claims for his faith.

Beneditamus and italo taught me that no matter what i must stand firmly on my ground.

More comming

mr urheme,

i dey vex, hope that is not my username you just murdered in cold blood?

2 Likes

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 10, 2015
Ubenedictus:

mr urheme,

Oga Ube grin
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by Ubenedictus(m): 1:49pm On Jul 10, 2015
musKeeto:
Oga Ube grin

mr muskeeto hw far?
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by Ubenedictus(m): 1:49pm On Jul 10, 2015
musKeeto:
Oga Ube grin

mr muskeeto hw far?
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by urheme: 2:28pm On Jul 10, 2015
Ubenedictus:

mr urheme,

grin grin grin

Ubeneditus

So sorry for the misspelt.
I was actually refering to you sir

No vex abeg wink
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by anicheibo: 2:57pm On Jul 10, 2015
Came in only yesterday, but I've already witness the growing atheist community in nigeria... feels good I'm not alone.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by frank317: 2:58pm On Jul 10, 2015
sportsmaster:

Lol.

You have to be in faith.

You should have thought of his faith before you opened your mouth to asked to pray for a sick person in his family. Now the chips are down, you are looking for excuses. Was it your own faith that raised the dead person you brought back to life or was it the faith of his people. Heal his cousin and stop confusing yourself.
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by Ubenedictus(m): 3:31pm On Jul 10, 2015
urheme:

grin grin grin
Ubeneditus
So sorry for the misspelt. I was actually refering to you sir
No vex abeg wink

and you just murdered it again!
You are serial killer of usernames
thanks for the good words.

3 Likes

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by plaetton: 7:33pm On Jul 10, 2015
Ubenedictus:
and you just murdered it again!

You are serial killer of usernames

thanks for the good words.

LOL.
grin

Maybe he has E-dyslexia.
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by urheme: 7:43pm On Jul 10, 2015
plaetton:

LOL.
grin

Maybe he has E-dyslexia.

What does it mean?
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by plaetton: 7:59pm On Jul 10, 2015
urheme:

What does it mean?

Dyslexia is an ocular disease where images are not perfectly vertical or horizontal, therefore letters usually appear jumbled in no perfect order.
But I was merely joking, of course.
smiley
Uyi, for example is suffering from acute literary Dyslexia . He cobbles and jumbles some words together, and then, viola!, convinces himself that it means something.
And I am guessing that he tries to imitate his master, DEEEPsight, a master cobbler , who cobbles fancy and superlative words together to create god, who then creates the universe. undecided

Reading from these guys is like going to an art museum ,and then having to put your head upside down, in a futile attempt to get a visual appreciation of an image.

grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by herald9: 8:15pm On Jul 10, 2015
plaetton:

Dyslexia is an ocular disease where images are not perfectly vertical or horizontal, therefore letters usually appear jumbled in no perfect order.
smiley
Uyi, for example is suffering from acute literary Dyslexia . He cobbles and jumbles some words together, and then, viola!, convinces himself that it means something.
And I am guessing that he tries to imitate his master, DEEEPsight, a master cobbler , who cobbles words together to create god, who then creates the universe.

Reading from these guys is like going to an art museum ,and then having to put your head upside down, in a futile attempt to get a visual appreciation of an image.

grin
grin

1 Like

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by urheme: 9:40pm On Jul 10, 2015
plaetton:

smiley
And I am guessing that he tries to imitate his master, DEEEPsight, a master cobbler , who cobbles fancy and superlative words together to create god, who then creates the universe. undecided

grin

Kia!! This man self.....banza baki grin

Deepsight is great, actually find him amazing, the guy is just too intelligent smiley
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:16pm On Jul 10, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
***smiles*** The gracious Lord shall strengthen me with the word daily. Thanx man.
no p bro
i will be including her in my prayers. She will confess Christ when the time comes as Great0 said.

amen oo smiley
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by sonmvayina(m): 10:43pm On Jul 10, 2015
Not trying to derail the thread in anyway....but i think about 70 percent of people who go to church do so because they dont want to be social pariah...i mean for social acceptance...because monday to saturday..there is no much difference between them and those who do not..means they are not really convinced on what they are told..to believe..the whole good God story, hell and heaven.
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by Ubenedictus(m): 2:03am On Jul 16, 2015
plaetton:

smiley

grin

expect mr plaetton to turn a simple joke into a rhetoric against God and his presume arch rivals.

Are you sure you just don't hate/fear people or beings considered superior to you?

1 Like

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by plaetton: 2:23am On Jul 16, 2015
Ubenedictus:

expect mr plaetton to turn a simple joke into a rhetoric against God and his presume arch rivals.

Are you sure you just don't hate/fear people or beings considered superior to you?

lol
Hate and fear are two qualities that one easily transcends when one detangles one's self from the tangled web of religion.

And btw, by what measure might I consider a person or a being as superior ?
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by Ubenedictus(m): 2:50am On Jul 16, 2015
plaetton:

lol
Hate and fear are two qualities that one easily transcends when one detangles one's self from the tangled web of religion.

And btw, by what measure might I consider a person or a being as superior ?

oh, I thought hate and fear are normal human emotions and within the range of an average human being. It is so interesting that your rejection of God and religion somehow makes you think you have acquired a new drug that make you superior to most humans.

Since you have transcended fear and hate I wish you well, even though I know you are decieving yourself

2 Likes

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by plaetton: 11:06am On Jul 16, 2015
Ubenedictus:

oh, I thought hate and fear are normal human emotions and within the range of an average human being. It is so interesting that your rejection of God and religion somehow makes you think you have acquired a new drug that make you superior to most humans.

Since you have transcended fear and hate I wish you well, even though I know you are decieving yourself
Ubenedictus my dear friend,
It is not conciet to say that I, for good example, am better off than my neighbor who is perpertually yoked with the fear of demons, witches and assorted spirits.

It is not conciet to say that I must be much better off than my neighbor who yells out loud prayers and supplications to the sky every morning, afternoon and night, complaining, protesting, and begging for one bailout or another.

Now, aside from the fact that I generally find organized religion loathesome, my particular heartbleed is the peculiar mental devastation, the distortion of our value system, the destruction of cultural self - identity and personal character that has been evidently the hallmarks of the foreign religion infestations in Nigeria.
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by Ubenedictus(m): 12:07pm On Jul 16, 2015
plaetton:

Ubenedictus my dear friend,
It is not conciet to say that I, for good example, am better off than my neighbor who is perpertually yoked with the fear of demons, witches and assorted spirits.

It is not conciet to say that I must be much better off than my neighbor who yells out loud prayers and supplications to the sky every morning, afternoon and night, complaining, protesting, and begging for one bailout or another.

Now, aside from the fact that I generally find organized religion loathesome, my particular heartbleed is the peculiar mental devastation, the distortion of our value system, the destruction of cultural self - identity and personal character that has been evidently the hallmarks of the foreign religion infestations in Nigeria.

mr plaetton,

while I certainly do not appreciate the overconsciousness some Christian have of the unseen and the misplaced fear that seems to keep their prayers "yoked" with demons, witches and watnot, I am convinced that the presence of God in their lives does keep the fears in check. While you can point to certain extremes in christianity, atheism has it own extremes, there are a few who while not paranoid about demons spend all their time trying to kill a God they say do not exist. Every belief or refusal to do so can be pushed to an extreme. You may not exibit this particular trait you notice among some Christians but that doesn't mean you are better than them, you just don't have their problem but that doesn't mean you don't have yours.

As to prayers, supplications and intercessions for one favour (bailout) or the other, you may not believe in such but that doesn't make those wrong nor does it diminish the person! In my personal experience one who believes he has some "sky daddy" (God) working in his favour is usually more resolute, more free,...and even more optimistic than most.
I have been seeing people who are in "bad places" regularly for some time now and this belief in God has been a source of great hope to many, a cure for loneliness and the difference between sanity and depression for many. I saw a sick old lady the other day who was so courageous in her great suffering because she actually believes. Praying in my experience never make a human less! It make him more, enables him to move past his enviroment and situation and give him great hope for the future. I understand why many programs for addict teach them to hold unto a higher power.

I don't think you refusal to pray makes you better than your neighbour, it actually should make your neighbour better than you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by plaetton: 1:13pm On Jul 16, 2015
Ubenedictus:

mr plaetton,

while I certainly do not appreciate the overconsciousness some Christian have of the unseen and the misplaced fear that seems to keep their prayers "yoked" with demons, witches and watnot, I am convinced that the presence of God in their lives does keep the fears in check. While you can point to certain extremes in christianity, atheism has it own extremes, there are a few who while not paranoid about demons spend all their time trying to kill a God they say do not exist. Every belief or refusal to do so can be pushed to an extreme. You may not exibit this particular trait you notice among some Christians but that doesn't mean you are better than them, you just don't have their problem but that doesn't mean you don't have yours.

As to prayers, supplications and intercessions for one favour (bailout) or the other, you may not believe in such but that doesn't make those wrong nor does it diminish the person! In my personal experience one who believes he has some "sky daddy" (God) working in his favour is usually more resolute, more free,...and even more optimistic than most.
I have been seeing people who are in "bad places" regularly for some time now and this belief in God has been a source of great hope to many, a cure for loneliness and the difference between sanity and depression for many. I saw a sick old lady the other day who was so courageous in her great suffering because she actually believes. Praying in my experience never make a human less! It make him more, enables him to move past his enviroment and situation and give him great hope for the future. I understand why many programs for addict teach them to hold unto a higher power.

I don't think you refusal to pray makes you better than your neighbour, it actually should make your neighbour better than you.
cheesy
This is why I respect You.
I agree with 95% of what you have written above.

And let me correct You without contradicting myself.
I do not think I am better than a religious person, but that I am better off, especially in coping with the dynamics and vissitudes of life. There is a subtle difference.

Again, I reiterate that my heartbleed about Africans and foreign religions is that it enslaves them, rather than be beacons of freedom and soveriegnty.

I find, every single day, even as recent as yesterday, that Africans are aversive, even aggressively hostile to science and scientific ideas solely on the basis of religious beliefs.
This of course, does not bode well for our future in a very competitive world.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by hahn(m): 1:43pm On Jul 16, 2015
Ubenedictus:

mr plaetton,

If "prayers" makes one better than the other then how can you explain the fact that despite being prayerful and having at least a church on every Nigerian street Nigeria is still riddled with fundamental issues such as corruption and a lack of basic social amenities.

If indeed religion has any benefit, there should evidence in the life of the average individual. Religion has really never been the basis for morality either as its evident when you see "christians and muslims" burning up "suspects" without a fair trial.

Religion might promote hope but it also promotes selfishness. The average theist feels comfortable that every other "non believer" will rot in hell.

However, your comment is understandable but doesn't do much but confirm the saying that "religion is the opium of the masses".

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by plaetton: 1:50pm On Jul 16, 2015
hahn:

If "prayers" makes one better than the other then how can you explain the fact that despite being prayerful and having at least a church on every Nigerian street Nigeria is still riddled with fundamental issues such as corruption and a lack of basic social amenities.

If indeed religion has any benefit, there should evidence in the life of the average individual. Religion has really never been the basis for morality either as its evident when you see "christians and muslims" burning up "suspects" without a fair trial.

Religion might promote hope but it also promotes selfishness. The average theist feels comfortable that every other "non believer" will rot in hell.

However, your comment is understandable but doesn't do much but confirm the saying that "religion is the opium of the masses".
Exactly.
This why I commend him for being honest that religion is more or less like an opium, that relieves pain in small measures, but very dangerous in large measures.

The person who does not need nor depend on this opium is still, by all measures, better OFF, than one who does.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by hahn(m): 1:52pm On Jul 16, 2015
plaetton:

Exactly.
This why I commend him for being honest that religion is more or less like an opium, that relieves pain in small measures, but very dangerous in large measures.

The person who does not need nor depend on this opium is still, by all measures, better OFF, than one who does.

True
Re: What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? by joywendy(f): 5:41pm On Jul 16, 2015
The op is funny sha...you created a thread
What have you learned from the religious section?

You then went on to list people you learnt from in the section. How does it correlate btw most ladies are overly religious don't expect most of them here with our atheist,agnostic,deist brothers going back and fort. It not encouraging at all grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another / Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? / Pastorpreneurs part I. The Church Businessmen Exposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.