Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Legion Of Mary Chat Room - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Legion Of Mary Chat Room (9285 Views)

Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) / Prophetess Mary Olubori Twerks For Her Husband (Pics + Video) / How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Legion Of Mary Chat Room by italo: 5:43am On Nov 16, 2015
accountable:

Blessed Michael, Archangel,
defend us in the hour of hellish battle;
be our sethguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God restrain him, we humbly pray;
and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host,
by the power of God, thrust, down to hell, Satan,
and with him the other wicked spirits
who wander through the world for the ruin of souls.amen( prayer of saint Michael)

Are u saying that all the saints who died and are in heaven can hear us from heaven when we mention their names? And that they are present with us?

Have you never read that Angels rejoice in heaven when one person repents?

How did they hear the prayer of repentance from heaven?
Re: Legion Of Mary Chat Room by Nobody: 7:48am On Nov 16, 2015
italo:

Have you never read that Angels rejoice in heaven when one person repents?

How did they hear the prayer of repentance from heaven?
*[[Luk 15:7]] I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.
*[[Luk 15:10]] * Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

My brother, the prayer was not made to the angel. In fact , no prayer is mentioned. Neither are we told that the angel heard and answered the prayer.
When Samson's parents wanted the angel in the book of judges to come back this was the prayer they prayed:

*[[Jdg 13:8-9 Then Manoah intreated the LORD, and said, O my Lord, let the man of God which thou didst send come again unto us, and teach us what we shall do unto the child that shall be born. %v 9% And God hearkened to the voice of Manoah; and the angel of God came again unto the woman as she sat in the field: but Manoah her husband was not with her.

They prayed to God not to the angel.
Re: Legion Of Mary Chat Room by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 16, 2015
italo:

Have you never read the bible verse that says Christians in heaven will be like God?

Mary is like God now. So who are you to say she cannot share in God's omnipresence?

Can u quote this particular verse?
Because the bible says that there is none like God, dead or alive:

*[[Deu 33:26]] There is none like unto the God of Jeshurun, who rideth upon the heaven in thy help, and in his excellency on the sky.
*[[2Sa 7:22]] Wherefore thou art great, O LORD God: for there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.
Re: Legion Of Mary Chat Room by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 16, 2015
italo:

Have you never read the bible verse that says Christians in heaven will be like God?

Mary is like God now. So who are you to say she cannot share in God's omnipresence?

Or are talking about this verse:

*[[Luk 20:34-36 And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage: But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

*[[Mar 12:25]For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.

the devil promised eve that if she can eat the forbidden fruit 'and ye shall be as gods'.( gen 3:5) Is that what you mean?
Re: Legion Of Mary Chat Room by italo: 10:57am On Nov 16, 2015
accountable:

*[[Luk 15:7]] I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.
*[[Luk 15:10]] * Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

My brother, the prayer was not made to the angel. In fact , no prayer is mentioned. Neither are we told that the angel heard and answered the prayer.
When Samson's parents wanted the angel in the book of judges to come back this was the prayer they prayed:

*[[Jdg 13:8-9 Then Manoah intreated the LORD, and said, O my Lord, let the man of God which thou didst send come again unto us, and teach us what we shall do unto the child that shall be born. %v 9% And God hearkened to the voice of Manoah; and the angel of God came again unto the woman as she sat in the field: but Manoah her husband was not with her.

They prayed to God not to the angel.

So how do the angels know when a sinner repents?
Re: Legion Of Mary Chat Room by italo: 11:04am On Nov 16, 2015
accountable:

Or are talking about this verse:
*[[Luk 20:34-36 And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage: But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.
*[[Mar 12:25]For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.
the devil promised eve that if she can eat the forbidden fruit 'and ye shall be as gods'.( gen 3:5) Is that what you mean?
accountable:

Can u quote this particular verse?
Because the bible says that there is none like God, dead or alive:

*[[Deu 33:26]] There is none like unto the God of Jeshurun, who rideth upon the heaven in thy help, and in his excellency on the sky.
*[[2Sa 7:22]] Wherefore thou art great, O LORD God: for there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.

1 John 3:2

Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.
Re: Legion Of Mary Chat Room by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 16, 2015
Present
Re: Legion Of Mary Chat Room by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 16, 2015
Anas09:
Now U are being told, you think its a joke. Mary won't save you from fire. You know why? She's not in any position to do so. She had her responsibility, she did what was expected of her. But you turn around worshipping Queen of Heaven, a demon, but in other to justify ur idolatry, you call her mary. Say what u like. You'll go to hell if you don't repent. God hates idolatry.

Legio Maria!!!!
Re: Legion Of Mary Chat Room by italo: 12:22pm On Nov 16, 2015
I love Legio Mariae...

I don't know why I never joined.
Re: Legion Of Mary Chat Room by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 16, 2015
italo:
I love Legio Mariae...

I joined, years ago. Saint flavius catch. Church oworonshoki, Lagos.
Anyways.............
The discussion continues
Re: Legion Of Mary Chat Room by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 16, 2015
italo:

1 John 3:2

Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

Yes we will become like Christ. Not in the sense of omniscient(all-knowing), omnipotent( all-powerful), or omnipresent( present everywhere at the same time). But:

*[[Phi 3:21] Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Note:: like unto his glorious body
Also see:

*[[Luk 20:36]] Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

Been like God is that our mortal body will become immortal. It is immortality not omniscience.

*[[1Co 15:52-55 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

So u see that we cannot be like God(1 john3:2) and be like the angels( Luke 20:36) at the same time. What is common to God and angels is immortality. Angels are not all powerful, all knowing or omnipresent.
Re: Legion Of Mary Chat Room by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 16, 2015
*[[Dan 10:13]] But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.

The angel speaking here was overpowered by the prince of Persia. So he is not omnipotent
He was detained by the prince of Persia . soi he is not omnipresent.
Only God has this attributes
Re: Legion Of Mary Chat Room by italo: 3:55pm On Nov 16, 2015
accountable:

Yes we will become like Christ. Not in the sense of omniscient(all-knowing), omnipotent( all-powerful), or omnipresent( present everywhere at the same time). But:

*[[Phi 3:21] Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Note:: like unto his glorious body
Also see:

*[[Luk 20:36]] Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

Been like God is that our mortal body will become immortal. It is immortality not omniscience.

*[[1Co 15:52-55 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

So u see that we cannot be like God(1 john3:2) and be like the angels( Luke 20:36) at the same time. What is common to God and angels is immortality. Angels are not all powerful, all knowing or omnipresent.

So you're saying our bodies will be transformed to be like Christ's and the angels' bodies... that can hear prayers from heaven and move to and fro heaven and earth?

Also, you still haven't told me how angels know when a sinner repents.
Re: Legion Of Mary Chat Room by italo: 4:44pm On Nov 16, 2015
accountable:
*[[Dan 10:13]] But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.

The angel speaking here was overpowered by the prince of Persia. So he is not omnipotent

1. Show where the Bible said it was an angel speaking.

2. Show where I said angels or saints are omnipotent and omnipresent. They share in God's omnipresence and omnipotence. When a prophet foretells, is he omniscient of he shares in God's omniscience?
Re: Legion Of Mary Chat Room by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 16, 2015
italo:

So you're saying our bodies will be transformed to be like Christ's and the angels' bodies... that can hear prayers from heaven and move to and fro heaven and earth?

Also, you still haven't told me how angels know when a sinner repents.

What I am saying is that we will put on a spiritual body: an immortal body( incorruptible) like Christ's and Angels'

.*[[1Co 15:42-45 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: 43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: 44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

The saints and angels in heaven are aware of events taking place on earth.

Heb 12:1_2) WhereforeWherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
The saints in heaven are the crowd of WITNESSES mentioned here.the chapter before (heb 11) already gave us some names among these witnesse.They are watching . the know when a battle is won, when one gets saved, even when somebody backslides
Re: Legion Of Mary Chat Room by italo: 5:36pm On Nov 16, 2015
accountable:

What I am saying is that we will put on a spiritual body: an immortal body( incorruptible) like Christ's and Angels'

Then the saints' bodies to can move to and fro heaven and can hear prayers like Christ and the saints.
accountable:

Heb 12:1_2) WhereforeWherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
The saints in heaven are the crowd of WITNESSES mentioned here.the chapter before (heb 11) already gave us some names among these witnesse.They are watching . the know when a battle is won, when one gets saved, even when somebody backslides

So they are aware of prayers being said, words being said in prayer etc.
Re: Legion Of Mary Chat Room by Aizenosa(m): 7:32pm On Nov 16, 2015
Ave!!

Maria
Re: Legion Of Mary Chat Room by Aizenosa(m): 7:37pm On Nov 16, 2015
Mary was, is and still the mother of Christ, the mediatrix of all graces
Re: Legion Of Mary Chat Room by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 16, 2015
italo:

Then the saints' bodies to can move to and fro heaven and can hear prayers like Christ and the saints.

So they are aware of prayers being said, words being said in prayer etc.

None of these things u are insinuation is obvious in these texts.
Heb12:1 said they are WITNESSES. Nothing is said about prayer.
prayer is strictly communication between a child of God and his heavenly father.( matt 6:8-13)
that being what it is, I do not see how the dead saint and angels come in at all. That is why the bible does not mention them with respect to prayer.that is why prayer is not mentioned in all the passages we have seen so far regarding saints.

*[[Psa 65:1-2/KJV]]* To the chief Musician, A Psalm and Song of David. Praise waiteth for thee, O God, in Sion: and unto thee shall the vow be performed. O thou that hearest prayer, unto thee shall all flesh come.

Note the last sentence. God is designated here as the one that hears prayer. The glorified saints wouldn't be eavesdropping.
Re: Legion Of Mary Chat Room by Ubenedictus(m): 9:22pm On Nov 16, 2015
accountable:

A single angel can only be in one place at a time. Angels can be present in heaven and on assignment on earth at the same time because they are very many. But Mary is one. So how can she be in all the catholic churches and also in heaven at the same time?
not exactly, Jesus once said of little chidren, "their angels right now see d face of God" how com their guardian angel can both b wit d kids and see d face of God.

The concept of time and space is a limitation of d present universe, it has little effect on d immaterial universe.
Re: Legion Of Mary Chat Room by Ubenedictus(m): 9:23pm On Nov 16, 2015
accountable:

who wander through the world for the ruin of souls.amen( prayer of saint Michael)

Are u saying that all the saints who died and are in heaven can hear us from heaven when we mention their names? And that they are present with us?
i tink u should read heb 12:1
Re: Legion Of Mary Chat Room by Nairaland111(m): 9:26pm On Nov 16, 2015
accountable:

No person wu died can b called a saint unless proven by God as a result of dia good work, so no body dt is nt in heaven or recognized as saint, as saint.
Re: Legion Of Mary Chat Room by Nairaland111(m): 9:28pm On Nov 16, 2015
Aizenosa:
Ave!!
Maria
Which chapter do u lik in our handbook
Re: Legion Of Mary Chat Room by Nairaland111(m): 9:30pm On Nov 16, 2015
Aizenosa:
Ave!!
Maria
Which chapter do u lik in our handbook
Re: Legion Of Mary Chat Room by Nairaland111(m): 9:33pm On Nov 16, 2015
italo:
I love Legio Mariae...
Bros, why is it u dn't want 2 join
Re: Legion Of Mary Chat Room by Nairaland111(m): 9:33pm On Nov 16, 2015
italo:
I love Legio Mariae...
Bros, why is it u dn't want 2 join
Re: Legion Of Mary Chat Room by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 16, 2015
Ubenedictus:
not exactly, Jesus once said of little chidren, "their angels right now see d face of God" how com their guardian angel can both b wit d kids and see d face of God.

The concept of time and space is a limitation of d present universe, it has little effect on d immaterial universe.

Presence my brother, is different from awareness.

*[[Mat 18:10]] Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.

Do note the IN HEAVEN. The angels beheld the face of the father in heaven IN HEAVEN. IN HEAVEN, would not have been necessary if they where beholding from the earth. Please read it again.
Re: Legion Of Mary Chat Room by Ubenedictus(m): 9:38pm On Nov 16, 2015
accountable:

thank u for making the point for me. The host of heaven is watching, they know wen d battles is won, wen sum1 is saved or backslides, if the are watch as u say, do they suddenly bcom blind wen a christians prays or ask them for prayers?
Re: Legion Of Mary Chat Room by Nairaland111(m): 9:40pm On Nov 16, 2015
accountable:

If Angels can pray 4 we nd also com 2 our rescue why nt d mother of God who a great promise was made b4 her ?
Re: Legion Of Mary Chat Room by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 16, 2015
Nairaland111:

No person wu died can b called a saint unless proven by God as a result of dia good work, so no body dt is nt in heaven or recognized as saint, as saint.
Any scripture to back this up?
Re: Legion Of Mary Chat Room by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 16, 2015
italo:

1. Show where the Bible said it was an angel speaking.

2. Show where I said angels or saints are omnipotent and omnipresent. They share in God's omnipresence and omnipotence. When a prophet foretells, is he omniscient of he shares in God's omniscience?

*[[Dan 10:11-14 And he said unto me, O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak unto thee, and stand upright: for unto thee am I now sent. And when he had spoken this word unto me, I stood trembling. 12 Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words. 13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia. 14 Now I am come to make thee understand what shall befall thy people in the latter days: for yet the vision is for many days.

No they do not share in God's omnipresence or omnipotence because they cannot. It is too big for them to contain.
A prophet never shares in God's omniscience:

*[[1Co 13:9]] For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
You see? A prophet only prophesies IN PART; He can only know as much as is revealed to him. He cannot contain omniscience because it is too big for him.
Re: Legion Of Mary Chat Room by Jusmudi(m): 9:53pm On Nov 16, 2015
accountable:

Any scripture to back this up?
Any scripture back 2 ur name?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Praying Unclad..........................what Is The Spiritual Significance? / The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower / Share Your Most Inspiring Testimonies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.