Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,681 members, 7,955,519 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:06 AM

We Need Ministers Please - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Need Ministers Please (827 Views)

President Buhari Meets With Ministers And Governors In Aso Rock (Photos) / Ministers Cut Cake With Yemi Osinbajo To Mark His 60th Birthday (Photos) / Nigeria Does Not Need Ministers For Agriculture, Health, Atiku Says. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Need Ministers Please by ohzee(f): 5:46pm On Jul 07, 2015
I know a lot of people on this forum believe that ministries can run with only permanent secretaries, but I beg to differ. Resident doctors are on strike in several government hospitals because of a face-off between them and their CMDs based on interpretation of an earlier circular issued by the last administration on skipping. A minister for health would have sorted that out easily.

Can we please prevail on government to appoint ministers in some key areas like Health, Finance and Power? We can wait till next year for the rest.
Re: We Need Ministers Please by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 07, 2015
I do not think so...the dullapo of a president is already the minister of Petroleum resources,Defence and Finance...he can occupy the other ministerial position or invite Shekau to help him
Re: We Need Ministers Please by ohzee(f): 5:56pm On Jul 07, 2015
Ozin:
I do not think so...the dullapo of a president is already the minister of Petroleum resources,Defence and Finance...he can occupy the other ministerial position or invite Shekau to help him

We can't continue like this. There is a limit to what permanent secretaries can approve. Govt hospitals are shutting down as we speak. I don't even want to talk about fuel scarcity. I know the government is still young, but we need urgent actions please.....
Re: We Need Ministers Please by Caseless: 6:13pm On Jul 07, 2015
Appoint your own ministers, if you are in a hurry.
Re: We Need Ministers Please by Ecoplexus: 6:17pm On Jul 07, 2015
News Update Dec 2018: After 3 years wait, Buhari finally appoints ministers.
Re: We Need Ministers Please by ohzee(f): 6:56pm On Jul 07, 2015
Caseless:
Appoint your own ministers, if you are in a hurry.

This is not about being in a hurry bro. There are some key areas that need not be left without direction. This is not about politics either. My concern is what is happening today in teaching hospitals.
If ASUU were to go on strike today we would need a minister of education to show the way forward and make the position of govt known. It's beyond the purview of the Perm Sec

(1) (Reply)

Oyo State Receives #5.4bn Bailout / Picture:no Problem With Gays, But Keep It To Yourself, Say Kenyans / Finally,Femi Gbajabiamila Emerges Majority Leader.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.