Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Why Do NIGERIANS Ignore Pedestrian Bridges? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do NIGERIANS Ignore Pedestrian Bridges? (590 Views)

I Spent 10-years Under Lagos Bridges - Dolapo Osinbajo / PHOTOS: Newly Built Pedestrian Bridge In Ojota, Lagos / People Who Failed To Use Pedestrian Bridges In Lagos Punished (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do NIGERIANS Ignore Pedestrian Bridges? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 07, 2015
Like seriously irrespective of the percentage of road accidents that happen in lagos and other part of the country, people are still hellbent in not using the pedestrian bridges that have been provided by the gorvernment, "everyday on our newspaper and television we always come across various fatal accidents of people getting hit by cars on the highway where by there are presence of a pedestrian bridge nearby, as at last year lagos recorded the highest percentage of people that were killed as a result of getting hit by cars and trunks but the question is that we do NIGERIANS ignore pedestrian bridges? "anytime a Nigerian is told that he might get hit by a moving car if he or she refused to use the pedestrian bridge what you will hear is GOD forbid. "what can the government really do so as to actually make a large portion of stubborn Nigerians to start making use of pedestrian bridges across Nigeria, i still dont know why Nigerians ignore pedestrian bridges. "CC: lalasticlala, ishilove
Re: Why Do NIGERIANS Ignore Pedestrian Bridges? by Mogidi: 7:54pm On Jul 07, 2015
Its a dangerous habit, they're there for a reason.
Re: Why Do NIGERIANS Ignore Pedestrian Bridges? by buharrrrriiiii: 7:59pm On Jul 07, 2015
i buhari want all nigerians to visit here and tell me what i should do for them www.nairaland.com/2434738/president-buhari-now-nairaland
Re: Why Do NIGERIANS Ignore Pedestrian Bridges? by bizzlemie(m): 8:00pm On Jul 07, 2015
They don't use pedestrian bridges because nobody forces them to, simple!

If walking on the highway or by the road (when there is a provision for pedestrians) incurs jail time or a huge fine that is fully enforced by the relevant authorities, then we will think twice and learn to do the right thing by using the right "walkway".

Yes i said "we", because i'm guilty of that sometimes grin grin
Re: Why Do NIGERIANS Ignore Pedestrian Bridges? by Crocz(m): 8:02pm On Jul 07, 2015
Loveren:
Like seriously irrespective of the percentage of road accidents that happen in lagos and other part of the country, people are still hellbent in not using the pedestrian bridges that have been provided by the gorvernment, "everyday on our newspaper and television we always come across various fatal accidents of people getting hit by cars on the highway where by there are presence of a pedestrian bridge nearby, as at last year lagos recorded the highest percentage of people that were killed as a result of getting hit by cars and trunks but the question is that we do NIGERIANS ignore pedestrian bridges? "anytime a Nigerian is told that he might get hit by a moving car if he or she refused to use the pedestrian bridge what you will hear is GOD forbid. "what can the government really do so as to actually make a large portion of stubborn Nigerians to start making use of pedestrian bridges across Nigeria, i still dont know why Nigerians ignore pedestrian bridges. "CC: lalasticlala, ishilove
No time
Re: Why Do NIGERIANS Ignore Pedestrian Bridges? by Vanityupnvanity(m): 8:20pm On Jul 07, 2015
Cos its a long way round. We (nigerians) love shortcut
Re: Why Do NIGERIANS Ignore Pedestrian Bridges? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 07, 2015
Vanityupnvanity:
Cos its a long way round. We (nigerians) love shortcut

and that's where your problem begins from when you keep useing the "WE NIGERIANS."

why dont you speak for yourself ehhh?
i tire for you oooo!

(1) (Reply)

NASS Crisis: Dogara’s Group Concedes House Leader To Gbajabiamila’s Faction / Nye-some Mo' Money Wike / Lack Of Funds Halts Recruitment Into Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.