Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,205 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Boko Haram Offers To Swap Detainees For Missing Girls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Offers To Swap Detainees For Missing Girls (417 Views)

Five Chibok Parents Received Calls From Missing Girls’ Mobiles / Boko Haram Offers To Swap Detainees For Missing Girls... / Boko Haram Offers To Swap Detainees For Kidnapped Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Offers To Swap Detainees For Missing Girls by hopilo: 7:23pm On Jul 08, 2015
Boko Haram offers to swap detainees for missing girls

Deadly group, Boko Haram is offering to free more than 200 young women and girls kidnapped from a boarding school in the town of Chibok in exchange for the release of militant leaders held by the government.

Boko Haram
According to an activist, who pleaded anonymity with AP because he was not authorized to talk to reporters on the sensitive issue, it was revealed that Boko Haram’s current offer is limited to the girls from the school in northeastern Nigeria whose mass abduction in April 2014.
“The new initiative reopens an offer made last year to the government of former President Goodluck Jonathan to release the 219 students in exchange for 16 Boko Haram detainees, the activist said.
He said the 5-week-old administration of President Muhammadu Buhari offers “a clean slate” to bring the militants back to negotiations that had become poisoned by the different security agencies and their advice to Jonathan.
It will be recalled that Presidential adviser Femi Adesina on Saturday stated that the Buhari led government “will not be averse” to talks with Boko Haram

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/boko-haram-offers-to-swap-detainees-for-missing-girls/#sthash.KQm1Gn0g.dpuf
Re: Boko Haram Offers To Swap Detainees For Missing Girls by powerfulsettingz: 7:31pm On Jul 08, 2015
I don't see a bailout out of thiz
Re: Boko Haram Offers To Swap Detainees For Missing Girls by donholy28(m): 7:33pm On Jul 08, 2015
I thought they said that d girls are now being used for suicide bombings and some re married off
Re: Boko Haram Offers To Swap Detainees For Missing Girls by DaBullIT(m): 7:37pm On Jul 08, 2015
Ìyanu mà Shele
Re: Boko Haram Offers To Swap Detainees For Missing Girls by Chubhie: 7:59pm On Jul 08, 2015
Let's see how an acclaimed war general responds. If I be in charge, will ask them to first maintain a 2months cease fire to be sure we are dealing with the right people and make coded moves and make it seems some fractions amongst em broke the cease fire to create dis trust among them.

Truth is Boko are eager for amnesty.
Re: Boko Haram Offers To Swap Detainees For Missing Girls by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 8:15pm On Jul 08, 2015
I just hope this is true.
Re: Boko Haram Offers To Swap Detainees For Missing Girls by xmich(m): 8:28pm On Jul 08, 2015
Already heard that from #RadioBiafra 102.1fm Port harcourt.

(1) (Reply)

Government Agencies / Neighbour Rapes Two-year-old Girl In Lagos / Why I Supported Dogara For Speaker — Gov. Aminu Tambuwal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.