Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,248 members, 7,815,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Five Chibok Parents Received Calls From Missing Girls’ Mobiles - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Five Chibok Parents Received Calls From Missing Girls’ Mobiles (17866 Views)

Why We Did Not March With Oby & Bbog Group To The Villa---chibok Parents / Rescued Girl, Serah Luka, Not On Our List – Chibok Parents (punch) / Meeting Chibok Parents Is Not Good For My Emotions - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Chibok Parents Received Calls From Missing Girls’ Mobiles by Michaeluzomam(m): 3:36am On Apr 13, 2016

Adelani Adepegba, Abuja

Five parents of the abducted 219 Chibok schoolgirls have received calls from the phone numbers of their missing daughters, our correspondent gathered on Tuesday.

The parents who reportedly called back the lines were however told off by the respondents at the other end.

The Chairman, Chibok Community in Abuja, Tsambido Abana, told our correspondent that the community planned to report the incident to the government for investigation.

“Five parents informed me that they have been receiving calls from their daughters’ phones, but when they called back, the persons that responded said the phones were their own and that they should stop calling the lines. We don’t know if the network (telecom firms) had allocated the girls’ lines to other persons or if the callers were just playing pranks on the parents; we will report this to the government for security agencies to investigate,” Abana said.

The Chibok elder could not however confirm when the parents received the calls, saying he was just informed about it on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, a 16-year-old girl identified as Fati, who regained freedom after spending two years in Boko Haram’s captivity, has explained how teenage girls volunteer to go on suicide missions in order to escape molestation and other forms of hardship under the sect.

Fati, whose name was changed to protect her identity, said young girls fight to strap on a bomb, not because they were brainwashed by their captors but because the relentless hunger and sexual abuse became too much to bear.

“They came to us to pick us. They would ask, ‘Who wants to be a suicide bomber?’ The girls would shout, ‘me, me, me.’ They were fighting to do the suicide bombings,” Fati told CNN.

“It was just because they want to run away from Boko Haram. If they give them a suicide bomb, then maybe they would meet soldiers, tell them, ‘I have a bomb on me’ and they could remove the bomb. They can run away.”

The teenager who was kidnapped from her village by the insurgents shared her experience with CNN at a refugee camp in Cameroon.

“We said, ‘No, we are too small; we don’t want to get married, so they married us by force,” Fati said, explaining that after he raped her for the first time, her abuser gave her a wedding present – a purple and brown dress with a matching headscarf that she would wear for the next two years.

While under his control, she explained that she was whisked from one hideouts to another hideouts in order to evade security forces. She recalled that she met girls even younger than her in Sambisa Forest, some of whom she claimed were the abducted Chibok schoolgirls.

“There were so many kidnapped girls there, I couldn’t count. There were always bombs and bullets coming from the sky. All of the girls were so frightened. All of them, they always cried and the men raped us. There is no food, nothing. The children, you can count their ribs because of the hunger,” said Fati, who is now in Minawao refugee camp in Cameroon.

Fati said, “Many girls are still in Sambisa, some volunteering to die so that they can perhaps live.”

The United Nations International Children Emergency Fund has said Boko Haram’s use of child bombers has increased over the last year with one in five suicide attacks now done by children.

In a report titled, Beyond Chibok, UNICEF said that boys abducted and recruited into Boko Haram’s ranks were forced to attack their own families to demonstrate their loyalty, while girls were exposed to severe abuse including sexual violence and forced marriage to fighters.

The UN report was released as Nigeria approaches the second anniversary of the kidnapping by Boko Haram of more than 200 girls from their boarding school in Chibok.

“Girls, who are often drugged, were behind three-quarters of such attacks committed by the militant Islamist group in Cameroon, Nigeria and Chad.

“It is an 11-fold increase with four attacks in 2014 compared to 44 the next year, including January 2016,” the report said, adding that the change in tactics reflected the loss of territory by the terrorist group.

UNICEF said up to 1.3 million children have been forced from their homes across Cameroon, Chad, Nigeria and Niger.

A 17-year-old girl who was abducted and is living with her baby in a camp Maiduguri told the UN agency that she refused to marry despite death threats.

“Then they came for me at night. They kept me locked in a house for over a month and told me: ‘Whether you like it or not, we have already married you,” she narrated.

http://www.punchng.com/five-chibok-parents-received-calls-from-missing-girls-mobiles/
Re: Five Chibok Parents Received Calls From Missing Girls’ Mobiles by HungerBAD: 3:36am On Apr 13, 2016
Following

1 Like

Re: Five Chibok Parents Received Calls From Missing Girls’ Mobiles by odiereke(m): 3:53am On Apr 13, 2016
I have the belief that one day, all this would become history and we would give thanks to God Almighty.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Chibok Parents Received Calls From Missing Girls’ Mobiles by justice2016: 4:03am On Apr 13, 2016
Liers..nothing like chibok girls

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five Chibok Parents Received Calls From Missing Girls’ Mobiles by orunto27: 4:11am On Apr 13, 2016
219 chibok girls plus 200 and you get 419 chibok parents.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Five Chibok Parents Received Calls From Missing Girls’ Mobiles by jeffizy(m): 4:14am On Apr 13, 2016
Sadly, business has to go on for the telecommunications companies.

I pray for their return.
Re: Five Chibok Parents Received Calls From Missing Girls’ Mobiles by Nobody: 4:46am On Apr 13, 2016
They received phone calls from their mobile lines of 2 years ago and their parents charging the phone always and expecting calls. For two years without modern technology, they still remember their phone numbers, telco's cld not trace the received calls..

It is obvious they finally want to sweep the chibok case under the carpet...

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Five Chibok Parents Received Calls From Missing Girls’ Mobiles by Khd95(m): 4:47am On Apr 13, 2016
Those are the lines emptyhen refused to deactivate,which actually led NCC to fine themgringrin

iam begining to think chibok was a conspiracy,fortunately it lead to other hidden matters happening in the NEcry.

Who would ve believed that ''chiboks'' were not the only ''kidnapped'' group of personscry

thanks to NA nd FGNcheesy.

Iam plus1 today,oya mekuna do d needfulgrin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Chibok Parents Received Calls From Missing Girls’ Mobiles by seunlayi(m): 5:05am On Apr 13, 2016
I m still waiting for the release of the girls by buhari in a commando styled mission as promised by those that were brainwashed by change agents.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five Chibok Parents Received Calls From Missing Girls’ Mobiles by chriskosherbal(m): 5:50am On Apr 13, 2016
This is serious.

1 Like

Re: Five Chibok Parents Received Calls From Missing Girls’ Mobiles by amtaken(f): 5:52am On Apr 13, 2016
So they went to exam hall with their mobile phones?

Propaganda.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Chibok Parents Received Calls From Missing Girls’ Mobiles by lonelydora: 6:27am On Apr 13, 2016
With the recent news these days about this Chibok girls, I may be forced to believe that this whole thing is a scam.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Five Chibok Parents Received Calls From Missing Girls’ Mobiles by omogin(f): 6:34am On Apr 13, 2016
Specially arranged calls from the politicians in charge of chibok movie

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Five Chibok Parents Received Calls From Missing Girls’ Mobiles by rayblast(m): 6:50am On Apr 13, 2016
d gal's lines? or their phone numbers i have been allocated to anoda customer? Are u people trying to tell us dat boko haram kidnapped dis gals and their phones? I ve always been saying dis Nigeria is a joke!!!!!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five Chibok Parents Received Calls From Missing Girls’ Mobiles by oloyedayo(m): 6:53am On Apr 13, 2016
Hmmmmmmm, even if they received the call, must every thing be in the news?
Re: Five Chibok Parents Received Calls From Missing Girls’ Mobiles by phillip001(m): 7:30am On Apr 13, 2016
Its a pity that we are in this zoo called nigeria

1 Like

Re: Five Chibok Parents Received Calls From Missing Girls’ Mobiles by Nbote(m): 8:55am On Apr 13, 2016
So some of dem had mobile fones which was not collected from them after their kidnap for 2yrs now and dey didn't call all these while? Or dey were given back their handsets after being married off and den tried reaching out to their parents and strangely coincidental enof everyone seems to be charging their fone at the time of the calls? Or dey recently discovered their parents numbers and decided to call dem? And I guess dey did their sim re-registration in sambisa or wherever dey want us to believe they are too ryt because I remember it was jus last year sims were deactivated in d name of incomplete registration? Atleast dis will put dem back in the spotlight again.. Where's aunty Oby?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Chibok Parents Received Calls From Missing Girls’ Mobiles by Segadem(m): 8:57am On Apr 13, 2016
oloyedayo:
Hmmmmmmm, even if they received the call, must every thing be in the news?
[size=15pt]do u know better than them?

They give us the ones that will not espose their tactics and they keep to themselves the ones they can use to defeat them
[/size]
Re: Five Chibok Parents Received Calls From Missing Girls’ Mobiles by seacoast(m): 9:15am On Apr 13, 2016
This one na Indian film. See lie... You can fool some people sometimes but can't fool all the people all the time.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Chibok Parents Received Calls From Missing Girls’ Mobiles by IrradiatoR: 9:23am On Apr 13, 2016
suddenly, they are making us believe that virtually all the girls had phones, not forgetting that the abduction happened during waec exams

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Chibok Parents Received Calls From Missing Girls’ Mobiles by sparrowkid: 9:46am On Apr 13, 2016
Reading some comments above would make one to despair. One begins to wonder what tomorrow holds for one's children who are going to be in the same epoch as some of the commentators above.

What those parents need is simple enlightenment on terms and conditions for using any mobile network operator SIM. If you all go back to the leaflet that accompanies your SIM, you'll find there written clearly that your SIM has an expiry date which when reached may lead to permanent deactivation or re-allocation for another serious subscriber.

MTN Nigeria has this to say:

Question: How long can I keep my line inactive before it can be disconnected?

Answer: To have complete access to your line, receive calls, recharge your account, make calls or send SMS within 90days. After 120 days of inactivity, your line will be disconnected from the network.

Most of the MNOs are now selling dynamic SIMs i.e. when you buy the SIM, you need to put it first in a phone before you can get the number of the SIM. Unlike before when it is conspicuously written on the SIM certificate. So, it is very possible that the parents have been trying their daughters mobile numbers hoping that someone would pick. But unfortunately for them, their daughters' mobile numbers have been recycled and new subscribers are now using them.

This is not a big deal and the MNO's have not breached any agreement as a result. SOMETIMES, IGNORANCE KILLS

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Chibok Parents Received Calls From Missing Girls’ Mobiles by TippyTop(m): 10:11am On Apr 13, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Five Chibok Parents Received Calls From Missing Girls’ Mobiles by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 13, 2016
amtaken:
So they went to exam hall with their mobile phones?

Propaganda.

They were kidnapped at night, when they were in their beds,....not from the exam hall...so naturally, some of them would have had their phones, or would have been able to keep their phones.

2 Likes

Re: Five Chibok Parents Received Calls From Missing Girls’ Mobiles by comradee1248: 10:11am On Apr 13, 2016
Hope
Re: Five Chibok Parents Received Calls From Missing Girls’ Mobiles by Lilimax(f): 10:12am On Apr 13, 2016
Story for the gods embarassed
Re: Five Chibok Parents Received Calls From Missing Girls’ Mobiles by macaranta(m): 10:12am On Apr 13, 2016
So they've had possession of their individual mobile sets for 2 years,have been charging and recharging(airtime) it in captivity??
Okay o..super story

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Chibok Parents Received Calls From Missing Girls’ Mobiles by kennyman2000(m): 10:12am On Apr 13, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Five Chibok Parents Received Calls From Missing Girls’ Mobiles by anonimi: 10:13am On Apr 13, 2016
Final phase of the deception

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Five Chibok Parents Received Calls From Missing Girls’ Mobiles by MARKone(m): 10:13am On Apr 13, 2016
Scammers

Next, they'll tell them to send recharge cards, for them to sell and come back home. Nigerians. lipsrsealed

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five Chibok Parents Received Calls From Missing Girls’ Mobiles by Dindondin(m): 10:13am On Apr 13, 2016
these girls are missing home.
Make Shekau & his doomed legions free these girls naa!
Na so their Toto sweet reach?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Chibok Parents Received Calls From Missing Girls’ Mobiles by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 13, 2016
IrradiatoR:
suddenly, they are making us believe that virtually all the girls had phones, not forgetting that the abduction happened during waec exams

Again...they were kidnapped from a boarding school....so naturally some of them would have had phones.WAEC does not allow you bring your phones into the exam hall during the exam....note EXAM HALL. WAEC has nothing to say about your bedroom, or other parts of the school so long as it isn't the actual exam hall.

Also....they were kidnapped at night from their beds...so some of them would have had the presence of mind to grab their phones.

Again, as has been said earlier....many of the numbers might have been re-allocated since...so it may not be the girls calling.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Omoyele Sowore Blasts Garba Shehu: "You've Become An Apology Of A Person" / ISWAP Declares Gudumbali As Its "Caliphate Headquarters" In Borno State / President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.