Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

Your View: Should Street Hawking Be Stopped In Lagos State??? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Your View: Should Street Hawking Be Stopped In Lagos State??? (1395 Views)

Fuel Price Hike Can't Be Stopped: IPMAN / Cross River To Legalise Street Hawking / Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your View: Should Street Hawking Be Stopped In Lagos State??? by dihalao(m): 11:29pm On Jul 08, 2015
In a statement signed by the Secretary to the State Government, Tunji Bello, the governor asked street traders to go sell their wares in the markets, that if they continue to sell on the streets, they will be arrested and prosecuted.

Street Hawking is something normal on the street of Lagos but today (July 8th, 2015) Lagos State Governor, Akinwumi Ambode has stopped/banned street hawking in the state (citing security reasons).

To think thousands of Lagosians(who cant afford a shop) survive by hawking on the streets and roads is enough reason for this not to happen. but i will also like to share my own personal experience I had with the Gala seller. Please continue reading....

Our Car broke down on the popular 3rd Mainland bridge, Feeling tired, I saw this 2 Gala sellers and i asked my friend to call him...
Friend: Guy Carry your Gala come...
Me: Abeg give us 2 Gala... *Fast Forward*

Gala seller opened his carton and brought out a GUN..... To cut the story short, we were robbed of almost everything from Phones, Laptops, Wallets, Shoes, and our suits. Thank God they didn't take the Car.

So, My question is Should Street Hawking be Stopped or are you someone like me that thinks it cant be stopped

To make this interesting, I added a few photos.

1. Gov. Adam Oshiomole Patronizing a Street trader
[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L09zaGlvbWhvbGUtd2l0aC1wbGFudGFpbi1jaGlwc2pwZy03NTY3OTYuanBnfDY2MA==[/img]

2. a photo of people that needs to hawk to survive

3. One of the reasons why we should stop them.

Alao Issa O.
cc: lalasticlala
ishilove
Re: Your View: Should Street Hawking Be Stopped In Lagos State??? by dulux07(m): 11:31pm On Jul 08, 2015
Yes but only if they ve found solution to road traffic
Re: Your View: Should Street Hawking Be Stopped In Lagos State??? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 08, 2015
yes. except galla and sarchet water
Re: Your View: Should Street Hawking Be Stopped In Lagos State??? by Hassan080196(m): 11:36pm On Jul 08, 2015
Yes. Except newspaper .
Re: Your View: Should Street Hawking Be Stopped In Lagos State??? by dihalao(m): 12:00am On Jul 09, 2015
Hassan080196:
Yes. Except newspaper .

I think i also support that cause how else is newspaper sold if not street trading. (atleast in my area)
Re: Your View: Should Street Hawking Be Stopped In Lagos State??? by Nobody: 12:14am On Jul 09, 2015
All you saying yes are stupid.very stupid..those people are they not human beings like you..if you stop them from hawking then what will they eat.should they steal? should they kill..what wickedness..the governor should be impeached..the only thing he can ban is hawking of children..for adults it normal..but children should never hawk for the family to eat..after it the parents responsibilities to take care of emmm
Re: Your View: Should Street Hawking Be Stopped In Lagos State??? by dihalao(m): 12:42am On Jul 09, 2015
CHESTER48:
All you saying yes are stupid.very stupid..those people are they not human beings like you..if you stop them from hawking then what will they eat.should they steal? should they kill..what wickedness..the governor should be impeached..the only thing he can ban is hawking of children..for adults it normal..but children should never hawk for the family to eat..after it the parents responsibilities to take care of emmm

easy...i get your point

(1) (Reply)

Remember This El Rufai's Statement? / Nigeria Grants 12 New Auto Assembly Plant Licences / Ohanaeze To Buhari: Don’t Stop Work On Second Niger Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.