Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,278 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Nigerian Embassy In Saudi Arabia Snubs President Buhari’s Family - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Embassy In Saudi Arabia Snubs President Buhari’s Family (34394 Views)

The Chairs & Floor At Buhari's Family House In Daura (pics) / Buhari’s Family Disowns Zahra, Mohammed Indimi’s "Pre-Wedding Photos" / Presidency Speaks About Presence Of Buhari’s Family In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Embassy In Saudi Arabia Snubs President Buhari’s Family by MalcoImX: 7:52am On Jul 09, 2015
For inexplicable reasons, the Nigerian embassy in Saudi Arabia this week side-stepped protocol by giving preference to former Vice President Namadi Sambo and his entourage of 15 family members over that of President Muhammadu Buhari when both arrived for the lesser Hajj (Umrah) in Saudi Arabia.

The Umrah is performed by Muslims from all over the world who converge on the holy city of Mecca to observe the ritual, which can be undertaken at any time of the year but mostly observed during Ramadan.

The pilgrims perform a series of worship activities symbolising the lives of Prophet Ibrahim (AS) and his second wife, Hajara.

LEADERSHIP gathered that both families arrived in Saudi Arabia this week for Umrah and while Aisha Buhari and her five children were allotted two-bedroom accommodation, the former vice president was allotted an eight-room apartment.

LEADERSHIP also learnt that while not a single protocol officer and vehicles were posted by the embassy to attend to the president’s family, a protocol officer and vehicles from the embassy were attached to the former vice president and his family.

An embassy source revealed that Buhari’s wife had travelled to Saudi Arabia via Emirate Airline instead of the presidential jet, as was the practice in the previous administrations, and had decided to seek alternative accommodation by herself at her own expense, to accommodate her and her children.

However, it was gathered that the government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia provided an official vehicle to convey the Nigerian president’s family around as it is done for the families of all visiting heads of state.

The source further revealed that the consular-general, Ahmed Umar, still sees himself as being more beholden to the former vice president than anyone else because Sambo it was that was instrumental to his elevation and posting to Saudi Arabia. He still sees himself basically as Sambo’s protege, a staff member of the embassy told LEADERSHIP.

The source added that even the two-bedroom apartment allotted to the president’s family was a result of the efforts of the ambassador, Alhaji Abubakar Bunu, and not the consular- general.

While the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) was in power, Buhari and his family were denied any privileges by the Nigerian embassy in Saudi Arabia, even those due to a former head of state because he was in the opposition.

Sambo and his family had last year embarked on a widely publicised Umrah.
|
http://leadership.ng/news/445695/nigerian-embassy-in-saudi-arabia-snubs-pmbs-family

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Embassy In Saudi Arabia Snubs President Buhari’s Family by temitemi1(m): 7:57am On Jul 09, 2015
Who cares cool cool cool

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Embassy In Saudi Arabia Snubs President Buhari’s Family by INTROVERT(f): 7:57am On Jul 09, 2015
So

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Embassy In Saudi Arabia Snubs President Buhari’s Family by enoqueen: 7:57am On Jul 09, 2015
Na them sabi

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Embassy In Saudi Arabia Snubs President Buhari’s Family by ikbnice(m): 7:58am On Jul 09, 2015
nd how does that bring electricity to my area?

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Embassy In Saudi Arabia Snubs President Buhari’s Family by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 09, 2015
Am on political exile, no comment till I see d ministerial list

31 Likes

Re: Nigerian Embassy In Saudi Arabia Snubs President Buhari’s Family by Orunto: 8:15am On Jul 09, 2015
Hogwash

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Embassy In Saudi Arabia Snubs President Buhari’s Family by Ecoplexus: 8:18am On Jul 09, 2015
Wetn concern me

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Embassy In Saudi Arabia Snubs President Buhari’s Family by kehinde1588(m): 8:21am On Jul 09, 2015
I was here
Re: Nigerian Embassy In Saudi Arabia Snubs President Buhari’s Family by MalcoImX: 8:21am On Jul 09, 2015
temitemi1:
Who cares cool cool cool
Because you're used to the old order where violation of national protocol doesn't seem to you a disrespect and embarrassment to the president.

66 Likes

Re: Nigerian Embassy In Saudi Arabia Snubs President Buhari’s Family by oduastates: 8:23am On Jul 09, 2015
"You are getting fired in the morning "

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Embassy In Saudi Arabia Snubs President Buhari’s Family by kromoto: 8:31am On Jul 09, 2015
Most times public servants are more diligent to their work when they will be greased.

May be the Buhari's carried water instead of grease grin

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Embassy In Saudi Arabia Snubs President Buhari’s Family by frankyychiji(f): 8:31am On Jul 09, 2015
oduastates:
"You are getting fired in the morning "
Its inevitable even if he killed himself to satisfy Aisha and her group.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Embassy In Saudi Arabia Snubs President Buhari’s Family by MalcoImX: 8:51am On Jul 09, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

ur rantings cant even change baba tooth brush on a serious note.
Stop wailing, if u dont like what is happening carry bomb go saudi.
Ibok, what's wrong in insisting that things be done in the right way? I am not even getting you. Are you in support of violations of existing protocols? Is that how you'll conduct the affairs of your country if you were a high-placed official representing your country?

29 Likes

Re: Nigerian Embassy In Saudi Arabia Snubs President Buhari’s Family by IbokUtoroh(m): 9:04am On Jul 09, 2015
MalcoImX:
Ibok, what's wrong in insisting that things be done in the right way? I am not even getting you. Are you in support of violations of existing protocols? Is that how you'll conduct the affairs of your country if you were a high-placed official representing your country?
na today nyash dey back?

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Embassy In Saudi Arabia Snubs President Buhari’s Family by MalcoImX: 9:12am On Jul 09, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

na today nyash dey back?
Let me get this straight: You mean nothing seems wrong to you when laid down procedures are not observed. Is that not an invitation to chaos?Is the Immigration recruitment calamity, for example, not caused by not observing such procedures?

19 Likes

Re: Nigerian Embassy In Saudi Arabia Snubs President Buhari’s Family by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 09, 2015
Sambo as former VP is still entitled to protocol when traveling abroad because he retains for life his diplomatic passport.

Even if his purpose of travelling is personal the mere fact that he carries a diplomatic passport makes him automatically part of the Nigerian Mission in the country of visit.

Buhari's family are nobody constitutionally. Even Aisha his wife has no constitutional role and as such they do not deserve any diplomatic privileges.

By the way, slave OP, Buhari's family members are not monarchs and Nigeria is not a Kingdom with Buhari king and his family members royalty.

100 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Embassy In Saudi Arabia Snubs President Buhari’s Family by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 09, 2015
MalcoImX:
Let me get this straight: You mean nothing seems wrong to you when laid down procedures are not observed. Is that not an invitation to chaos? Is not the Immigration recruitment calamity, for example, not caused by not observing such procedures?

Which laid down procedure?

Tell me why the Nigerian Embassy should accord Buhari's family members any diplomatic privileges?

Are they part of any Govt delegation to Saudi?

Are they not in Saudi to perform their religious obligation?

Why should the embassy deploy resources and man power to receive them?

Are they better than any other Nigerian performing the hajj?

You slave.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Embassy In Saudi Arabia Snubs President Buhari’s Family by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 09, 2015
kromoto:
Most times public servants are more diligent to their work when they will be greased.

May be the Buhari's carried water instead of grease grin

Has it ever crossed your mind that this publication is sponsored lobbying to replace the current ambassador who was appointed by the former administration?

Aisha as far as I am concerned is a private citizen with no constitutional role.

She is no queen neither was she elected VP.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Embassy In Saudi Arabia Snubs President Buhari’s Family by MalcoImX: 9:33am On Jul 09, 2015
WombRaiders:

Which laid down procedure?

Tell me why the Nigerian Embassy should accord Buhari's family members any diplomatic privileges?

Are they part of any Govt delegation to Saudi?

Are they not in Saudi to perform their religious obligation?

Why should the embassy deploy resources and man power to receive them?

Are they better than any other Nigerian performing the hajj?

You slave.
But they did to Namadi Sambo and his family, as the report alleged, and you didn't query that!

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Embassy In Saudi Arabia Snubs President Buhari’s Family by doublewisdom: 9:36am On Jul 09, 2015
The super dullard of West Germany is being rejected from every side!

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Embassy In Saudi Arabia Snubs President Buhari’s Family by kromoto: 9:36am On Jul 09, 2015
WombRaiders:

Has it ever crossed your mind that this publication is sponsored lobbying to replace the current ambassador who was appointed by the former administration?

Aisha as far as I am concerned is a private citizen with no constitutional role.

She is no queen neither was she elected VP.

Don't worry explaining the intrigues involved to one who has seen it sweep ceo's out of office and its threatening more.... While we know all these lets not forget to be cheerful and make lies and intrigues a source to smile.

It will be more disastrous if you allow yourself to be caught by the crossfire.

I don't have a dog in the fight and I don't believe my success depends on pulling another down.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Embassy In Saudi Arabia Snubs President Buhari’s Family by major466(m): 9:40am On Jul 09, 2015
I thought the Duara Magician said he has abolished the Office of the first lady

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Embassy In Saudi Arabia Snubs President Buhari’s Family by ogba20: 9:41am On Jul 09, 2015
MalcoImX:
For inexplicable reasons, the Nigerian embassy in Saudi Arabia this week side-stepped protocol by giving preference to former Vice President Namadi Sambo and his entourage of 15 family members over that of President Muhammadu Buhari when both arrived for the lesser Hajj (Umrah) in Saudi Arabia.
The Umrah is performed by Muslims from all over the world who converge on the holy city of Mecca to observe the ritual, which can be undertaken at any time of the year but mostly observed during Ramadan.
The pilgrims perform a series of worship activities symbolising the lives of Prophet Ibrahim (AS) and his second wife, Hajara.
LEADERSHIP gathered that both families arrived in Saudi Arabia this week for Umrah and while Aisha Buhari and her five children were allotted two-bedroom accommodation, the former vice president was allotted an eight-room apartment.
LEADERSHIP also learnt that while not a single protocol officer and vehicles were posted by the embassy to attend to the president’s family, a protocol officer and vehicles from the embassy were attached to the former vice president and his family.
An embassy source revealed that Buhari’s wife had travelled to Saudi Arabia via Emirate Airline instead of the presidential jet, as was the practice in the previous administrations, and had decided to seek alternative accommodation by herself at her own expense, to accommodate her and her children.
However, it was gathered that the government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia provided an official vehicle to convey the Nigerian president’s family around as it is done for the families of all visiting heads of state.
The source further revealed that the consular-general, Ahmed Umar, still sees himself as being more beholden to the former vice president than anyone else because Sambo it was that was instrumental to his elevation and posting to Saudi Arabia. He still sees himself basically as Sambo’s protege, a staff member of the embassy told LEADERSHIP.
The source added that even the two-bedroom apartment allotted to the president’s family was a result of the efforts of the ambassador, Alhaji Abubakar Bunu, and not the consular- general.
While the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) was in power, Buhari and his family were denied any privileges by the Nigerian embassy in Saudi Arabia, even those due to a former head of state because he was in the opposition.
Sambo and his family had last year embarked on a widely publicised Umrah.
|
http://leadership.ng/news/445695/nigerian-embassy-in-saudi-arabia-snubs-pmbs-family
may be president has not send money to them, that is how they park our money to other muslim contries.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Embassy In Saudi Arabia Snubs President Buhari’s Family by henchamb(m): 9:46am On Jul 09, 2015
At the fullness of time the consular general would hear from the presidency over this undiplomatic act

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Embassy In Saudi Arabia Snubs President Buhari’s Family by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 09, 2015
MalcoImX:
But they did to Namadi Sambo and his family, as the report alleged, and you didn't query that!

U should know that man u keep quoting is oblivious of what he is even writing. I noticed u are just as constructive as I am and so I won't want u to waste time quoting someone who will never understand u.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Embassy In Saudi Arabia Snubs President Buhari’s Family by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 09, 2015
MalcoImX:

WombRaiders:
Sambo as former VP is still entitled to protocol when traveling abroad because he retains for life his diplomatic passport.
Even if his purpose of travelling is personal the mere fact that he carries a diplomatic passport makes him automatically part of the Nigerian Mission in the country of visit.
Buhari's family are nobody constitutionally. Even Aisha his wife has no constitutional role and as such they do not deserve any diplomatic privileges.
By the way, slave OP, Buhari's family members are not monarchs and Nigeria is not a Kingdom with Buhari king and his family members royalty.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Embassy In Saudi Arabia Snubs President Buhari’s Family by bobbiekrantz: 10:03am On Jul 09, 2015
I don't and will never give a damn!!...--GeJ.. angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Embassy In Saudi Arabia Snubs President Buhari’s Family by Wildrage: 10:08am On Jul 09, 2015
Another wishy washy propaganda with no iota of credibility. No attempt was made to corroborate or confirm the stories from any of the parties involved and yet they want us to believe this trash , there is absolutely no way the president's wife would leave this country without adequate arrangements made for her accommodation, transportation, security and other contingencies.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Embassy In Saudi Arabia Snubs President Buhari’s Family by MalcoImX: 10:13am On Jul 09, 2015
LARRYDKING:

U should know that man u keep quoting is oblivious of what he is even writing. I noticed u are just as constructive as I am and so I won't want u to waste time quoting someone who will never understand u.
Thanks buddy. My only last piece for him is: He's insisting that Sambo being a former VP is entitled to privileges that shouldn't be accorded the president's family. But Sambo went with his family, and going by his logic, I will posit that only Sambo and not his family should enjoy any special privileges. In that sense, an eight-room apartment to him is a waste of resources.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Embassy In Saudi Arabia Snubs President Buhari’s Family by lekjons(m): 10:34am On Jul 09, 2015
Make dem give dem money now, everything go change. you know stealing is not corruption in the previous government, so dem get money wella... the staffs be like "who go attend to this cattle rearers"....even if na you wetin u go do??gringrin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ministerial Nominee, Kayode Fayemi John’s CV / Remi Tinubu And Dino Melaye In A Discussion At The Plenary / APC SW Aspirants Make Progress, Narrow Consensus To Fayemi, Tinubu, Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.