Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 (14553 Views)

Do You Need Camry 2010 Or 2012/venza/sienna 2010? / Which Is Better; Lexus RX 350 Or Toyota Highlander / Volkswagen Jetta 2010 Or Volvo S40 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Tayo2k7: 2:56pm On Jul 10, 2015
Wow! You guys really know about cars. I am impressed. Well done guys

2 Likes

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by 9icetoo(m): 7:18pm On Jul 10, 2015
When is someone going to compare a 2010 golf and a 2010 Honda accord? cool

2 Likes

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 10, 2015
9icetoo:
When is someone going to compare a 2010 golf and a 2010 Honda accord? cool
Lwkm grin

1 Like

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Fulaman198(m): 9:33pm On Jul 10, 2015
lomomike:

Lwkm grin

Double quote this

I have a better one when is someone going to compare Toyota Echo to Mercedes Benz S-class or Lexus LS
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Fulaman198(m): 9:39pm On Jul 10, 2015
German cars are actually worse than Japanese cars, but better than American cars in terms of durability and reliability. I always find it funny that people who have no idea what they are talking about always say that German is better than Japanese.

Better looking? Maybe but that's opinionated (Pure Opinion, often given by Eurocentric reviewers (that are of European descent)). Japanese cars no matter what way you want to look at it are always technologically more advanced (if you know anything about car computer systems then you would know what I'm talking about Electrical Engineering 101), durable and more reliable.

End of Story.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by king406(m): 9:41pm On Jul 10, 2015
My brother, german anywhere anytime! German all the way!.. period.

1 Like

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 10, 2015
king406:
My brother, german anywhere anytime! German all the way!.. period.
undecided

1 Like

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by abatically(m): 12:00am On Jul 11, 2015
Fulaman198:

Double quote this

I have a better one when is someone going to compare Toyota Echo to Mercedes Benz S-class or Lexus LS

Bros, do u know vw polo is better than Toyota Camry of any year. Yes the vw polo is faster, more luxurious and handles better than camry of any year because it is a GERMAN MACHINE.

Also opel vectra is better than honda accord of any year. Opel vectra is faster and more luxurious because it is a GERMAN MACHINE.

1 Like

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Fulaman198(m): 12:15am On Jul 11, 2015
abatically:

Bros, do u know vw polo is better than Toyota Camry of any year. Yes the vw polo is faster, more luxurious and handles better than camry of any year because it is a GERMAN MACHINE.

Also opel vectra is better than honda accord of any year. Opel vectra is faster and more luxurious because it is a GERMAN MACHINE.

Wow, oh mi gosh I can't believe I never noticed this b4. You are so rite bros. Oh my gosh
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Nobody: 12:28am On Jul 11, 2015
abatically:

Lwkm

1 Like

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by justiniyke29: 2:23am On Jul 11, 2015
Fulaman198:
German cars are actually worse than Japanese cars, but better than American cars in terms of durability and reliability. I always find it funny that people who have no idea what they are talking about always say that German is better than Japanese.

Better looking? Maybe but that's opinionated (Pure Opinion, often given by Eurocentric reviewers (that are of European descent)). Japanese cars no matter what way you want to look at it are always technologically more advanced (if you know anything about car computer systems then you would know what I'm talking about Electrical Engineering 101), durable and more reliable.

End of Story.
how can u compare v
german technology with Japanese, it's like comparing Washington dc and aso rock. what a German create now the Japanese will Still be struggling after 10years. how many toyota engines are used in planes.

2 Likes

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Fulaman198(m): 2:31am On Jul 11, 2015
justiniyke29:
how can u compare v
german technology with Japanese, it's like comparing Washington dc and aso rock. what a German create now the Japanese will Still be struggling after 10years. how many toyota engines are used in planes.

Question, do you know anything about Electrical engineering and computers? The Japanese have the most sophisticated technology in the world with the South Koreans quickly catching up......they are the pioneers of hybrid technology. Or are you one of those Brainwashed "wishes I was white" Eurocentric brainwashed Africans.

1 Like

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by nurey(m): 6:09am On Jul 11, 2015
all of you are just acting like babies, japanese this German that when you all know you will still be second best.

topping the most wanted car list and best car of the year for now is my 1.8 litre naturally aspirated engine churning out 300bhp indisputably fast and has one of the best handling you can find in the market, it's not German nor jap. so I leave you guys guessing don't even think American.
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Fulaman198(m): 6:19pm On Jul 11, 2015
justiniyke29:
how can u compare v

Then I'm sorry, you don't know anything about technology if you truly believe that
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by 9icetoo(m): 10:13pm On Jul 11, 2015
nurey:
all of you are just acting like babies, japanese this German that when you all know you will still be second best.

topping the most wanted car list and best car of the year for now is my 1.8 litre naturally aspirated engine churning out 300bhp indisputably fast and has one of the best handling you can find in the market, it's not German nor jap. so I leave you guys guessing don't even think American.
Australian?
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by chucky234(m): 11:14pm On Jul 11, 2015
watchworldpro:
You quote figures, I quote performance. I mean performance. Real performance on the highway. Can u avoid a pothole with your Camry without swerving into the bush? Drive better car and stop quoting figures. 285, 195, 22222222222222. All bullshit. My 1.8 turbo audi will beat ur v6 Camry. Same year. Go German Go. What of the shocks of your Camry? Can't compare with German shocks
LWKMD

1 Like

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by chucky234(m): 11:19pm On Jul 11, 2015
abatically:

Sarcasm at its best
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by AutoCarTracker(m): 11:31pm On Jul 11, 2015
watchworldpro:
Guess u don't know about cars. Have you driven or entered a 2010 jetta before? All Camry has is cheap plastic. Beautiful to the eyes but not appealing. After a year. You are bored. But after a year in your jetta. You discover new things. You can't compare a Camry xle to a 2.5l jetta Wolfsburg edition or a GLI version. Jetta has more safety, sound system is perfect and interior is more premium(real life and not pictures). When u wind up in your Camry, you still hear noise making outside but when you wind up in your germanized jetta. You are like in a glass house and sound proof. For movement. Jetta has a more powerful engine and torque with impressive stability. Camry is paper. Anybody iin the house agrees with me?

You sound like an engineer, love that :-)
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Nobody: 1:48am On Jul 12, 2015
Fulaman198:

End of Story.

The OP is wrong for comparing both cars. But there you go claiming Mr. Engineer, have you ever fiddled the controls on the dash on a German car and also a Japanese car of the same year?

For example I give you the 2003 Corolla vs 2003 Benz C Class C200 or the 2007 Camry vs 2007 E Eclass And you're hear talking about Japanese having the best Electricals?

Kazeems can't even handle them hence people say Benz have tons of electrical problems, for the purpose of this argument let me show what a 2001 C Class can do electrically that a 2010 Camry is still wetting it's pants thinking of less a 2003 Corolla.

1. Electrical ones: any lights I mean either head lights or tails lights die another bulb substitutes it i.e If your pointer goes Bad you would get a message on your Dash that your reverse light now works as your pointer? Isn't that a smart car? I'm sure the 2013 Camry don't have that feature I've driven one let alone a 2003 Corolla

2. No message on the cluster to Guage your engine oil electrically if you're too tired to pull the dip stick. Come on Toyota!

3. Overheating the killer of engines in Nigeria your Benz tells you once your coolant is leaking and have gotten to the half marker. I know the Camry tells your when your washer fluid is low but can't tell you when your coolant is low so your eyes have to be glued to the temp Guage God bless the day your madame drives and don't know where the Guage is, ABenz will Beep and notify you electrically in English I mean. Need I go on?

4. One more I typing from my phone hand dey pain me, once it's evening your head lights come on once you unlock the car with your smart key, plus you can set how long in seconds you want your head lights and interior lights to stay on after shutting your door electrically, how about rain sensing wipers, parking sensors in a 2001 C Class. my flat mate in school had the 2003 corolla nothing to play with. Last bullet a 2001 C class has memory seats the 2013 Camry I drove didn't have that let alone Camry? 2 more you can't even do anything with your steering not even adjust the volume of your car stereo in a 2003 Corolla where is the Electricals boss, Reminds me can you change the language on your cluster in your 2005 corolla!! Oh my God no interactive cluster a 2001 W203 C Class can do all those. Oga Wey the electrics for Toyota

Are we still comparing Electricals? Toyota engine and gear shares the same ECU really?

Get your facts right our dear Engineer.

OP compare a Camry and a Passat next time.

17 Likes

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by sultaan(m): 5:35am On Jul 12, 2015
Ok buy jetta every time a Nigerian want to choose a car always pick the one with best fuel economy.

I believe Opel Vectra is GM.

How can the NSX make 300 hp with 1.8?

A Mustang doing it with a 2.3T engine is tough in my opinion
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Fulaman198(m): 7:15am On Jul 12, 2015
cne010:

The OP is wrong for comparing both cars. But there you go claiming Mr. Engineer, have you ever fiddled the controls on the dash on a German car and also a Japanese car of the same year?

For example I give you the 2003 Corolla vs 2003 Benz C Class C200 or the 2007 Camry vs 2007 E Eclass And you're hear talking about Japanese having the best Electricals?

Kazeems can't even handle them hence people say Benz have tons of electrical problems, for the purpose of this argument let me show what a 2001 C Class can do electrically that a 2010 Camry is still wetting it's pants thinking of less a 2003 Corolla.

1. Electrical ones: any lights I mean either head lights or tails lights die another bulb substitutes it i.e If your pointer goes Bad you would get a message on your Dash that your reverse light now works as your pointer? Isn't that a smart car? I'm sure the 2013 Camry don't have that feature I've driven one let alone a 2003 Corolla

2. No message on the cluster to Guage your engine oil electrically if you're too tired to pull the dip stick. Come on Toyota!

3. Overheating the killer of engines in Nigeria your Benz tells you once your coolant is leaking and have gotten to the half marker. I know the Camry tells your when your washer fluid is low but can't tell you when your coolant is low so your eyes have to be glued to the temp Guage God bless the day your madame drives and don't know where the Guage is, ABenz will Beep and notify you electrically in English I mean. Need I go on?

4. One more I typing from my phone hand dey pain me, once it's evening your head lights come on once you unlock the car with your smart key, plus you can set how long in seconds you want your head lights and interior lights to stay on after shutting your door electrically, how about rain sensing wipers, parking sensors in a 2001 C Class. my flat mate in school had the 2003 corolla nothing to play with. Last bullet a 2001 C class has memory seats the 2013 Camry I drove didn't have that let alone Camry? 2 more you can't even do anything with your steering not even adjust the volume of your car stereo in a 2003 Corolla where is the Electricals boss, Reminds me can you change the language on your cluster in your 2005 corolla!! Oh my God no interactive cluster a 2001 W203 C Class can do all those. Oga Wey the electrics for Toyota

Are we still comparing Electricals? Toyota engine and gear shares the same ECU really?

Get your facts right our dear Engineer.

OP compare a Camry and a Passat next time.

Apple and oranges comparison once again like the OP

What about you give me a 2004 Toyota Prius vs a 2004 Mercedes C Class, and I'll tell you straight up it's a much more complex and technologically advanced car than the C Class.

I'm curious to know if you know how hybrid engines work smiley
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 12, 2015
lipsrsealed
Fulaman198:

What about you give me a 2004 Toyota Prius vs a 2004 Mercedes C Class, and I'll tell you straight up it's a much more complex and technologically advanced car than the C Class.

youre wicked and brutal with that comparism. undecided angry

3 Likes

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 12, 2015
Fulaman198:

Apple and Oranges really? So the Corrolla and C class can't be compared? Really? The prius really? I thought you had knowledge about cars.

Sorry I haven't heard the word hybrid yeah right! go and watch the topgear review for the Bmw i7 and think again, Prius the car without an Atom of soul.

Funny you cried when OP compared Jetta and Camry and you want to compare Prius and C Class? Bring your 2001 Prius let's see cos I compared a 2001 C class vs your High Tech 2003 Corrolla from the kings of electrical.

Toyota might make good cars nothing fun and electrical.

Redeem yourself aside from battery ridden what's the cool part to the prius. Google is your friend!!!! I made my comparism from experience.

4 Likes

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Fulaman198(m): 1:41pm On Jul 12, 2015
cne010:

Apple and Oranges really? So the Corrolla and C class can't be compared? Really? The prius really? I thought you had knowledge about cars.

Sorry I haven't heard the word hybrid yeah right! go and watch the topgear review for the Bmw i7 and think again, Prius the car without an Atom of soul.

Funny you cried when OP compared Jetta and Camry and you want to compare Prius and C Class? Bring your 2001 Prius let's see cos I compared a 2001 C class vs your High Tech 2003 Corrolla from the kings of electrical.

Redeem yourself aside from battery ridden what's the cool part to the prius. Google is your friend!!!! I made my comparism from experience.

I'm turning your statement back at you to show you how illogical you are.

The starting price for a C-class Mercedes in the United States is around $33,000.00 whereas the starting price for a Corolla is $17,000.00, already anyone who can do simple basic math can assess the price price differential and see that it's quite a retarded comparison.

Whereas even though the Prius has a starting price of around $25,000.00, it's still far more technologically advanced than a C-class. Since you pretend to be a know it all, can you tell me how many computer systems one can find on a Toyota Prius as opposed to a C-class? Surely, if you want to compare level of technology and computers embedded within a car (software and hardware), you would know right my would be electrical/computer engineer?

German cars are not that technologically advanced. Currently, the most technologically advanced car is an American brand which I won't disclose to you because I know you won't know.
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Fulaman198(m): 1:43pm On Jul 12, 2015
lomomike:
lipsrsealed

youre wicked and brutal with that comparism. undecided angry

Well I wanted to choose a car closer to the C-class in price than a Corolla which is roughly half the starting price of a C-class to show him how illegitimate his argument is loll. Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Fulaman198(m): 1:49pm On Jul 12, 2015
While we are at it, I'll also add that the first car that could park itself was a 2003 Toyota Prius. If that isn't Japanese innovation then I know for a fact that some people are quite slow on this forum.
Where were the almighty Germans when Japanese cars were parking themselves?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eng94_flJw

1 Like

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Fulaman198(m): 1:54pm On Jul 12, 2015
"In 2003, Toyota began to sell their Japanese Prius hybrid vehicle with an automatic parallel parking capability offered as an option named Intelligent Parking Assist.[11] In 2006, Lexus added a self-parking system to the redesigned Lexus LS sedan; it parallel parks as well as angle parks. In 2009, Ford introduced their Active Park Assist beginning with their Lincoln models; it does parallel parking.[12] In 2010, BMW introduced a system called "parking assistant" on the redesigned 5-series to perform parallel parking"

Wow oh my gosh, why did it take the almighty Germans 7 extra years to get it right? They must have been fumbling getting it to work properly.

1 Like

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 12, 2015
So it's cool to compare the C Class and the Toyota Camry cos they are almost same price.

My Comparism still stands a 2001 C Class is more smarter and has better electrics than the 2010 Camry. So my argument still stands.

Obviously you're good at dodging questions because the Tesla has an iPad in the center of the Dash doesn't make it the most advanced car in the World.

The same parking assist Toyota stopped making cos they failed at it? Cos other smart guys got it right?

I remember you saying you would get Audi in the future till then before you appreciate German Tech. Anything your future Camry will have the S class already has it according to Jeremy Clarkson I bet you know cars more than him.

1 Like

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by abatically(m): 3:20pm On Jul 12, 2015
cne010:

Bros, that 2 cars are almost the same size doesn't mean they are in the same class. And that the c class is the entry level Mercedes doesn't put it in the same class as Toyota corolla. If u are thinking like that then u should also be able to compare a Ferrari California with the c class since Ferrari California is the entry level Ferrari. A Mercedes Benz c class is a LUXURY car which a corolla is not. They are both compact but that luxury makes the difference.

A c class will comfortable buy 2 corollas ,so how's that a fair comparison, at least if the prices are close it would have been fair. U can't expect a corolla that sells for $17,000 to have the functions of a c class that sells for above $30,000. I can buy a 500w Samsung hone theater for N100,00 and get good sound from it. But then the same 500w system would be N800,000 if if was made by Bose, and price can go as high as 1.5 million if it is bang and olufsen. It is called class, luxury.

3 Likes

Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Fulaman198(m): 5:06pm On Jul 12, 2015
cne010:
So it's cool to compare the C Class and the Toyota Camry cos they are almost same price.

My Comparism still stands a 2001 C Class is more smarter and has better electrics than the 2010 Camry. So my argument still stands.

Obviously you're good at dodging questions because the Tesla has an iPad in the center of the Dash doesn't make it the most advanced car in the World.

The same parking assist Toyota stopped making cos they failed at it? Cos other smart guys got it right?

I remember you saying you would get Audi in the future till then before you appreciate German Tech. Anything your future Camry will have the S class already has it according to Jeremy Clarkson I bet you know cars more than him.

Loll no I don't even think a 2001 C-class has a monitor to look at your tire pressure for every tire in PSI. A 2010 Camry has that. I don't even think a 2001 C class had a navigation option..... A 2010 Camry has that. I don't even think a 2001 C-class has a push to start button that doesn't require a key.... A 2010 Camry has that (and was one of the first to have it).

There are so many things I can list. You don't know much about cars do you?
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Fulaman198(m): 5:08pm On Jul 12, 2015
cne010:

Audi was mainly for looks. Because currently, Audi puts out nice looking cars from 2012 onward. I don't personally think Audi is better than Lexus or Mercedes, but I do feel that their cars look nicer, not built better.

In regards to Jeremy Clarkson, if he didn't study Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science or any kind of engineering used in today's cars, then chances are yes, I know more about the computers and microprocessors found in cars than him.

In regards to technology, The Tesla cars have the best tech currently.
Re: VW Jetta 2010 Or Toyota Camry 2010 by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 12, 2015
Fulaman198:

Loll no I don't even think a 2001 C-class has a monitor to look at your tire pressure for every tire in PSI. A 2010 Camry has that. I don't even think a 2001 C class had a navigation option..... A 2010 Camry has that. I don't even think a 2001 C-class has a push to start button that doesn't require a key.... A 2010 Camry has that (and was one of the first to have it).

There are so many things I can list. You don't know much about cars do you?

When I compared I was sure and you're thinking.

The 2001 Clk has that option for the tire pressure Guage and can be installed on a 2001 Camry, I can show you link from mbworld.com

Sorry to bust your bubble the 2001 C class has a Navi from Factory.

The 2001 has a smart key reason why the 2001 Camry lists the most stolen car in Nigeria, the smart key on the Benz since 1999 aka suck in key is tap to start you don't have to start it like regular cars.

Are you not ashamed comparing 2010 to 2001 and still losing?

For safety reasons Benz with push to start still using the key cos you can remove the push to start button from 2005 incase of emergencies.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Car Is Stalling And Jerking When On Motion. / His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos / My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.