Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

100 Beggars, Hawkers Arrested In Kaduna - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 100 Beggars, Hawkers Arrested In Kaduna (564 Views)

Street Traders And Hawkers Protest In Lagos / Lagos To Jail Street Hawkers From July 1- Ambode / El-Rufai Bans Beggars And Street Hawkers In Kaduna State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

100 Beggars, Hawkers Arrested In Kaduna by olokfor: 1:53pm On Jul 09, 2015
The Kaduna State Police Command, on Thursday said it had arrested more than 100 beggars and hawkers in Kaduna metropolis, following the state government’s ban on such activities.

The ban on begging and hawking was on Tuesday announced by the government of the north western Nigerian state as part of security measures it adopted after a suicide attack in Zaria which claimed 27 lives.

The command’s spokesman, DSP Zubairu Abubakar told NAN in Kaduna that the arrest followed massive raid on major streets of the state capital.

Abubakar said those arrested included hawkers and some physically challenged persons caught begging on the street.

“The ban on street hawking and begging is a state law, ours as law enforcement agency is to make sure it is obeyed.

“We will do everything humanly possible to ensure that every person adheres to the law,” he said.

According to him, the police will handover the arrested persons to the state Enviromental Protection Agency, which will liaise with relevant bodies to transfer them to Kakuri Rehabilitation Centre.

The police spokesman said the command had taken strict measures and deployed its personnel “to raid streets in order to arrest those who violate the order.”

Abubakar solicited the cooperation of the general public in fighting crime in the state, and reminded the residents on the need to be vigilant.

He urged the public to report suspicious movements to nearest police station.

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/07/100-beggars-hawkers-arrested-in-kaduna.html

cc: lalasticlala
Re: 100 Beggars, Hawkers Arrested In Kaduna by Liviintainment: 1:53pm On Jul 09, 2015
GBEGE!!!
Re: 100 Beggars, Hawkers Arrested In Kaduna by hawk05(m): 1:54pm On Jul 09, 2015
Hellufia..
Re: 100 Beggars, Hawkers Arrested In Kaduna by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 09, 2015
Re: 100 Beggars, Hawkers Arrested In Kaduna by JBismarck(m): 1:55pm On Jul 09, 2015
[/color]Time to clean the Aegean stable but KD govt had better made provision for the welfare of tte talakawas roaming the street as beggers because it makes sense to keep them busy while off the streets to prevent the breeding of another extremist ideologies. Rufai is my man, I don't care what 'El' you say.

Anyway, contact me for anything that has to do
with history be it lecturing, teaching or writing. Send me message on whatsapp 07054043435 or check my signature for other means of contacting me.

Cc: lalasticlala ishilove mogidi seun [color=#990000]
Re: 100 Beggars, Hawkers Arrested In Kaduna by shamsuRana(m): 1:57pm On Jul 09, 2015
Croc city
Re: 100 Beggars, Hawkers Arrested In Kaduna by efilefun(m): 1:58pm On Jul 09, 2015
Good!!!

1 Like

Re: 100 Beggars, Hawkers Arrested In Kaduna by donholy28(m): 2:08pm On Jul 09, 2015
I knew that's how it would be...simple instructions meant to save their lives...they can't follow
Re: 100 Beggars, Hawkers Arrested In Kaduna by isan(m): 2:13pm On Jul 09, 2015
Must dis almajiris beg?
Re: 100 Beggars, Hawkers Arrested In Kaduna by san316(m): 2:24pm On Jul 09, 2015
Good for the beggars. Pity for the hawkers. It is just for a time though. #InTheFullnessOfTime, things will change
Re: 100 Beggars, Hawkers Arrested In Kaduna by ERODEDEAST(f): 2:30pm On Jul 09, 2015
Why not ban Long HI.JABS
Re: 100 Beggars, Hawkers Arrested In Kaduna by juman(m): 3:15pm On Jul 09, 2015
How would those beggars and hawkers survive in this kind of situation.
Re: 100 Beggars, Hawkers Arrested In Kaduna by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 09, 2015
Sai el Rufai grin

(1) (Reply)

You Mean I'm Now A Prisoner ? - Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison / APC-Affiliated Thugs Attack Anti-Aregbesola Crowd - Sahara Reporters / President Buhari Appoints New Service Chiefs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.