Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Obasanjo, Shehu Yar'adua And T.Y. Danjuma At Dodan Barracks In 1978 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo, Shehu Yar'adua And T.Y. Danjuma At Dodan Barracks In 1978 (56973 Views)

Musa Yar'adua With His Sons Umaru And Shehu Yar'adua: Throwback Photos / Achebe And Soyinka At Dodan Barracks In 1986 To Beg IBB To Spare Vatsa / Shehu Yar'adua And Buhari At A Wedding Event Years Back (Throwback Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo, Shehu Yar'adua And T.Y. Danjuma At Dodan Barracks In 1978 by nwadiuko1(m): 9:51am On Jul 10, 2015
IYANGBALI:
was there,any need for fight before?
ok its a thing of perspective.....that is from your own angle you might think there wasn't any need.......but from his own angle and that of the igbo race it was purely a fight for survival
Re: Obasanjo, Shehu Yar'adua And T.Y. Danjuma At Dodan Barracks In 1978 by Excuzeme: 9:53am On Jul 10, 2015
pasol4real:
Useless ppl ,i dont blame u i blame nzeogu n co dat spared ur lifes especially dat coward obj.nzeogwu shud hav wiped u off like he wiped out the só called sardauna of sokoto n the Rest of them useless cowards.

Well, History will only repeat itself....

or did you forget (or are you too young to even know) that it was EXACTLY this same thing that happened in 1963 or thereabout, when Aguyi ironsi and his Ibo brothers wiped-out the whole Northern Political and Military Elite (with some few Yorubas as well)?

Funnily, when l was young, Yorubas use to refer to Aguyi Ironsi as "Agolo Iresi" (tin-cup of Rice!) grin grin
Does anyone here remember that slang?

Is it not better to be labeled a coward and be alive with your 3million siblings than to be boastful and get trounced roundly such that you runaway from your fatherland while your family surrenders in shame!

Like the Yorubas say in an adage, "Ogbon ju'agbara lo" literally meaning "Intelligence trumps physical Power" anyday.

I hope the Ibos will not allow history to repeat itself because it might even be worse this time around because back then, it was just "Ibos Vs Hausas (East Vs. North) and the Yorubas only chipped-in when Ojukwu knowing that he is losing the war, tried to force th ehands of Yorubas into it by attacking "westwards" even when he is yet to defend his enclave successfully.

Yorubas are calculating and watching, if forced, they have shown their hands a few times.
"Superior Intelligence" is our greatest weapon and we know its value.

Just stating it in black and white, forgive me if it sounds haughty
. wink wink
Re: Obasanjo, Shehu Yar'adua And T.Y. Danjuma At Dodan Barracks In 1978 by IYANGBALI: 9:53am On Jul 10, 2015
nwadiuko1:
ok its a thing of perspective.....that is from your own angle you might think there wasn't any need.......but from his own angle and that of the igbo race it was purely a fight for survival
was there any difference when he came back?
Re: Obasanjo, Shehu Yar'adua And T.Y. Danjuma At Dodan Barracks In 1978 by dokyOloye: 10:02am On Jul 10, 2015
jemimaa01:
I hear you,I will just humour you so peace would reign!! my big bros from the Niger delta with Nigeria's wealth,I hail oo!!!
I am neither from d Niger delta nor from an oil producing state.
Re: Obasanjo, Shehu Yar'adua And T.Y. Danjuma At Dodan Barracks In 1978 by Excuzeme: 10:04am On Jul 10, 2015
The BIG SHAME of it was that the same runaway warlord came back and quietly contested under the banner of One Nigeria, under the same Northerners (NPN federal Govt though his APGA was non existent! grin )!

....showing beyond doubt that his secession was just out of personal greed and selfishness!
For which he was ready to waste over 3Million Ibo lives! shocked shocked shocked

We all know that the Japanese are the most proud people on earth and they defend their honor, with their blood. hence they will fall on their sword, if their integrity is in question.
Awolowo could have plunged the Yoruba nation into chaos (coup plotting, real or imagined) but he chose to "bite the bullet" by himself and save his nation from wanton and needless destruction.

That is the hallmark of BRAVE and INTELLIGENT MAN not one that plunges them into hell and then takes-off like a Boieng 707 jet, only to re-emerge when he knew their is Suya for him to chop!
Re: Obasanjo, Shehu Yar'adua And T.Y. Danjuma At Dodan Barracks In 1978 by nwadiuko1(m): 10:18am On Jul 10, 2015
IYANGBALI:
was there any difference when he came back?
methods of doing things change
Re: Obasanjo, Shehu Yar'adua And T.Y. Danjuma At Dodan Barracks In 1978 by j1mmy: 10:26am On Jul 10, 2015
These people started the destruction of Nigeria...of course mumu Nigerians will celebrate them!
Re: Obasanjo, Shehu Yar'adua And T.Y. Danjuma At Dodan Barracks In 1978 by nwadiuko1(m): 10:29am On Jul 10, 2015
iyyke:

na so oo grin
lol...na so oo....he drink am cme de open mouth de enta grave
the guy na coward joor
Re: Obasanjo, Shehu Yar'adua And T.Y. Danjuma At Dodan Barracks In 1978 by disumusa: 10:32am On Jul 10, 2015
datola:
This Obasanjo of a man is the most popular enigma of post independence Nigeria!

but people who have functioning faculties discrib obj as the central peace, unit of Nigeria

1) he handed over from military to civilian

2) from civilian to civilian

3) when federal govt concer and win your mumu biafta and Started practice genocide he pleaded to f.g to accept surrender. Philip is a life go and ask him.
Re: Obasanjo, Shehu Yar'adua And T.Y. Danjuma At Dodan Barracks In 1978 by juman(m): 10:40am On Jul 10, 2015
Faces of useless generation of people.
Re: Obasanjo, Shehu Yar'adua And T.Y. Danjuma At Dodan Barracks In 1978 by Excuzeme: 10:58am On Jul 10, 2015
I tell you, the current set of Youths are even worse, the older Generations may be bad but they had a measure of dignity, self control and are intelligent to a level; Today's youth have nothing to put forward. Just drifters!

I am sure the Older generations are wondering what would happen to this country, when they eventually a pass-on. undecided
Re: Obasanjo, Shehu Yar'adua And T.Y. Danjuma At Dodan Barracks In 1978 by juman(m): 11:16am On Jul 10, 2015
Excuzeme:
I tell you, the current set of Youths are even worse, the older Generations may be bad but they had a measure of dignity, self control and are intelligent to a level; Today's youth have nothing to put forward. Just drifters!

I am sure the Older generations are wondering what would happen to this country, when they eventually a pass-on. undecided

What you wrote confirmed that people of useless generation failed woefully. That shows they failed to train the youths. The useless generation just only concern about their myopic and selfish selves.
Re: Obasanjo, Shehu Yar'adua And T.Y. Danjuma At Dodan Barracks In 1978 by jcccccc: 11:32am On Jul 10, 2015
N

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo, Shehu Yar'adua And T.Y. Danjuma At Dodan Barracks In 1978 by IYANGBALI: 11:50am On Jul 10, 2015
nwadiuko1:
methods of doing things change
hahahahahahahahah

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Shehu Yar'adua And T.Y. Danjuma At Dodan Barracks In 1978 by nwadiuko1(m): 11:54am On Jul 10, 2015
IYANGBALI:
hahahahahahahahah
yea
Re: Obasanjo, Shehu Yar'adua And T.Y. Danjuma At Dodan Barracks In 1978 by solonazzy: 12:08pm On Jul 10, 2015
ahaz:
big fool
Knew while some find Dis amusing, others wuld find it embarrassing.... Lwkmd

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Shehu Yar'adua And T.Y. Danjuma At Dodan Barracks In 1978 by disumusa: 12:32pm On Jul 10, 2015
amaben2020:

at least he was bold to fight, you Yoruba's are too scared, cowards
ibo most coward, ojuku disguise like woman abandon his people and run away telling col.f young that he want to go and re -enforce.

Yorubas always defite ibo, during biafra war yorubas delt with ibo at ore wasted them and concer them.

Yoruba exdend oyo empire to igbo teritery i.e warri,edo

ibo you need to respect your master, infact politicaly yorubas far ahead ibo

ibo knowledge of scare is becaus yoruba did not surport you mumu biafra that turn you to fouthclass citizem of nigeria to day
Re: Obasanjo, Shehu Yar'adua And T.Y. Danjuma At Dodan Barracks In 1978 by disumusa: 12:46pm On Jul 10, 2015
sicobamty2:
we yoruba we get brain, we don't won't our pple to suffer frm war... But u en na only business brain u get
mumumumu trading that ibo are doing, without education you can do serious business, they refuse to understand that losing war authomaticaly turn you to slave in your country.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Shehu Yar'adua And T.Y. Danjuma At Dodan Barracks In 1978 by amaben2020(m): 12:58pm On Jul 10, 2015
nightmile:

Point of correction, he started a war he could not finish and ran away. That doesn't make you bold or strong. The major actors in that war were Yorubas, that informs why Igbos never liked the name Adekunle and collapse at the sight of scorpion.
Fajuyi fought the war like every other soldier trying to protect national unity, my anger is that people just talk about the biafra war without researching properly, that's due to the hatred in this country, ask yourself, what led to the war?
Re: Obasanjo, Shehu Yar'adua And T.Y. Danjuma At Dodan Barracks In 1978 by 2dillu2(m): 2:06pm On Jul 10, 2015
ahaz:
big fool

Re: Obasanjo, Shehu Yar'adua And T.Y. Danjuma At Dodan Barracks In 1978 by jaytee01(m): 2:39pm On Jul 10, 2015
MightyD:
Fabricated pictures.
How is the pix fabricated?
Re: Obasanjo, Shehu Yar'adua And T.Y. Danjuma At Dodan Barracks In 1978 by jaytee01(m): 2:42pm On Jul 10, 2015
disumusa:
ibo most coward, ojuku disguise like woman abandon his people and run away telling col.f young that he want to go and re -enforce.

Yorubas always defite ibo, during biafra war yorubas delt with ibo at ore wasted them and concer them.

Yoruba exdend oyo empire to igbo teritery i.e warri,edo

ibo you need to respect your master, infact politicaly yorubas far ahead ibo

ibo knowledge of scare is becaus yoruba did not surport you mumu biafra that turn you to fouthclass citizem of nigeria to day
See grammar..... grin

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Shehu Yar'adua And T.Y. Danjuma At Dodan Barracks In 1978 by Fellonigerians: 3:31pm On Jul 10, 2015
makzeze:
The Generals...

When Generals were Generals, mentally, intellectually, and physically... Military officers without pot-belly, those were the days when the Nigerian Army was respected...
Re: Obasanjo, Shehu Yar'adua And T.Y. Danjuma At Dodan Barracks In 1978 by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 10, 2015
jaytee01:
How is the pix fabricated?
It is not real.
Re: Obasanjo, Shehu Yar'adua And T.Y. Danjuma At Dodan Barracks In 1978 by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 10, 2015
makzeze:
You are a hensirer.

I don't really need to switch on destruction mode on you but be warned.
Re: Obasanjo, Shehu Yar'adua And T.Y. Danjuma At Dodan Barracks In 1978 by makzeze: 7:52pm On Jul 10, 2015
MightyD:

I don't really need to switch on destruction mode on you but be warned.
a warning to a scupturus can only be in despitrical forabus. u understand me?
Re: Obasanjo, Shehu Yar'adua And T.Y. Danjuma At Dodan Barracks In 1978 by Excuzeme: 9:11am On Jul 11, 2015
jcccccc:
[b]THESE PEOPLE FROM A CERTAIN PART OF NIGERIA THAT ALWAYS CHALLENGE IGBOS ON THE CIVIL WAR HAVE NEVER SEEN ANY WAR IN NIGERIA.
THEY ARE LIKE WOMEN THAT SPECIALIZE IN STUPID TALES AND THEY HAVE A POOR SENSE OF HISTORY.
SOMEBODY SHOULD EDUCATE THEM ON THE HISTORY OF THE CIVIL WAR INSTEAD OF JOINING ISSUES WITH THEM
1. LET THEM KNOW THAT THE SMALL IGBO POPULATION HELD THE WHOLE NIGERIA FOR 30 MONTHS I.E. 2YRS AND 6MONTHS
2. THAT NO SIDE WAS WINNING THE WAR
3. THAT THE UNITED NATIONS LED BY BRITAIN ENDED THE WAR BY BLOCKADING BIAFRA
4. THAT OJUKWU LEFT TO IVORY COAST ONLY WHEN THE UNITED NATIONS BLOCKADE STARTED BITTING
4. THAT YORUBAS HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED ANY WAR IN NIGERIA AS THE BIAFRA WAR WAS MAINLY BETWEEN THE EAST AND THE NORTH BACKED BY THE COLONIALISTS AND THAT IS BASICALLY Y THE YORUBA MAKES NOISE ABOUT THE CIVIL WAR TOO OFTEN because THEY DONT KNOW WHAT WAR MEANS
5. TELL THE YORUBA TO ALLOW THE NORTH AND THE EAST WHO WERE ACTIVE SIDES IN THE WAR TO COMMENT ON THE CIVIL WAR WHILE THE YORUBAS SHUT UP UNTIL THE DAY THEY ENGAGE ANY PART OF THE NATION IN A FULL SCALE WAR AFTER WHICH THEY CAN START TALKING

THANKS ALL FOR ALLOWING ME TO MAKE SENSIBLE CONTRIBUTION[/b]

You are a "real JJC"! grin

Let me just give you three things that Yorubas did to conquer the Ibo Biafra war.

1.) Change of Currency - Awolowo was the finance Minister, he was the one who ordered the change of currency (The only person he told earlier was the Head of State). This killed any financial hope for Biafra and all the Pound they looted from our Central Banks in Benin and some other Eastern states, became VALUELESS! grin grin

2.) FOOD Blockade: It was Awolowo again who sympathised with the dying Ibos and decided we must bring this war to a quick end, having been treating Biafra with kids glove in the past. With no food to eat, Ibos were preactically competing with our Cows and Lizards, for Grass and insects! grin grin

3.) The SURRENDER OF Biafra was taken by General Okikiola Olusegun Obasanjo! Go figure!!

And for boot, let me add that it was Awolowo who introduced the Twenty Pounds abandoned property for you people I dont have to remind you what that did to your sorry arze! wink wink undecided

So, asking those who used "superior intelligence" to finish you off, to shut Up, says much about the kind of story you were told by your elders who simply wanted to impress you.

All decisive actions of that war, was taken when Ojukwu decided he wants to test the will of these "coward" Yorubas, as you people always say! undecided

Yorubas decided the tide of the war and we did it just to save a few sorry Ibo Arze like that of your Grand Parents otherwise you wont be here deceiving yourself and your "Blodders" grin grin

Gerrit? I guess Ojukwu ran to Ivory Coast to bring "food"! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Obasanjo, Shehu Yar'adua And T.Y. Danjuma At Dodan Barracks In 1978 by Excuzeme: 9:19am On Jul 11, 2015
juman:

What you wrote confirmed that people of useless generation failed woefully. That shows they failed to train the youths. The useless generation just only concern about their myopic and selfish selves.

You are a prime example of those Youths l was referring to!
Just look at your pathetic English sentence construction?
What other training do you need, after sending you to school?
All you people know is how to defraud and do Yahoo-yahoo!

Its a shame.
Re: Obasanjo, Shehu Yar'adua And T.Y. Danjuma At Dodan Barracks In 1978 by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 11, 2015
makzeze:
a warning to a scupturus can only be in despitrical forabus. u understand me?

A Provocation invoke can dumdum a fabricator.
Re: Obasanjo, Shehu Yar'adua And T.Y. Danjuma At Dodan Barracks In 1978 by makzeze: 2:08pm On Jul 11, 2015
MightyD:

A Provocation invoke can dumdum a fabricator.
this not withstanding, is tantamount to linger grever dumdum in realistic manner. grin
Re: Obasanjo, Shehu Yar'adua And T.Y. Danjuma At Dodan Barracks In 1978 by mindtricks: 2:19pm On Jul 11, 2015
sameer1212:
It was only for fun but some people here are taking it personal. undecided beside I never mentioned any name

Apologies. We know how it goes here on NL.

Please ignore
Re: Obasanjo, Shehu Yar'adua And T.Y. Danjuma At Dodan Barracks In 1978 by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 11, 2015
makzeze:
this not withstanding, is tantamount to linger grever dumdum in realistic manner. grin

Thy recipient system doesn't compromise,
Outregeous articles goes with atrocious morality.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

#SitAtHome: The Ever Busy Aroma Junction, Awka Deserted (Pictures, Video) / Photo of a goat tied to a tree roasted alive during weekend's Boko haram attack / Senator Bayo Salami Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.