Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,001 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Which Book Has Impacted Your Life Most? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Book Has Impacted Your Life Most? (7549 Views)

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! / How Has Books Changed Or Impacted Your Lives / Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Book Has Impacted Your Life Most? by dgreatrock(m): 12:12pm On Mar 07, 2009
let's share our experiences on the literary work that's had much effects/impact on your life. made you cry, laugh, sober, sad, angry, religious, romantic, challenged - anything worth knowing please share it here
Re: Which Book Has Impacted Your Life Most? by MrCrackles(m): 12:14pm On Mar 07, 2009
Richard Templar~The Rules of Wealth!

Audacity Of Hope-B. Obama
Re: Which Book Has Impacted Your Life Most? by jeythunder(m): 1:01pm On Mar 07, 2009
richard wright's black boy
Re: Which Book Has Impacted Your Life Most? by dgreatrock(m): 1:04pm On Mar 07, 2009
angry
you did not tell us how it impacted your life. angry
Re: Which Book Has Impacted Your Life Most? by jeythunder(m): 1:11pm On Mar 07, 2009
it's he's bio. written during the apartheid era inunited states. the dream of a young boy to travel south.

i'm really really impressed by his bravery.
Re: Which Book Has Impacted Your Life Most? by dgreatrock(m): 1:34pm On Mar 07, 2009
@jeythunder
na wetin i don do again?
Re: Which Book Has Impacted Your Life Most? by jeythunder(m): 1:48pm On Mar 07, 2009
what 'bout you?
which book has turn you into this,
Re: Which Book Has Impacted Your Life Most? by maedan(f): 3:00am On Mar 08, 2009
this is a great question; which book impacted my life? I've read hordes of books over the years but no particular one that made much impact. I must have been reading a lot of crap. grin. Well. it's not too late to start - and not to late to be impacted, i hope . . . cheesy
Re: Which Book Has Impacted Your Life Most? by TOYOSI20(f): 3:00am On Mar 08, 2009
Mao Zedong - Quotations From Chairman Mao Tse-tung (Little Red Book)

John Locke - Essay Concerning Human Understanding
Re: Which Book Has Impacted Your Life Most? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:47am On Mar 08, 2009
The satanic Bible- anton laVey
Re: Which Book Has Impacted Your Life Most? by minute(f): 9:43pm On Mar 08, 2009
Social Anxiety by Mark R Leary.

It changed the way i thought about myself.

That my fear of social situations was real.It

taught me that;
*Its wasnt all in my head.

*I was not alone with these feelings.

*And that there are ways to deal with it.

I was so scared to get professional help,and this
book made me understand tha getting help was not a bad thing.
Re: Which Book Has Impacted Your Life Most? by jeythunder(m): 9:37am On Mar 09, 2009
OGAGA! you and this your satanic bible
Re: Which Book Has Impacted Your Life Most? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:13am On Mar 09, 2009
and then,whats wrong with the satanic Bible(SB)?
jeythunder:

OGAGA! you and this your satanic bible

Re: Which Book Has Impacted Your Life Most? by Oluwaphemi(m): 11:43am On Mar 09, 2009
Well I am currently reading up anything by Brother Gbile Akanni, What God looks for in his vessel, when God speaks Silent Labours, Becoming like Jesus and many more. Well I have read the LEFT BEHIND series and it affected my life sooooooo much
Re: Which Book Has Impacted Your Life Most? by JJYOU: 11:53am On Mar 09, 2009
wbb
Re: Which Book Has Impacted Your Life Most? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:18pm On Mar 09, 2009
Im a Book_worm ,i hardly give up cool
Re: Which Book Has Impacted Your Life Most? by dgreatrock(m): 9:00pm On Mar 09, 2009
@ogaga
shocked please dont lead me astray

The book 'piercing the darkness' and 'this present darkness' by frank pirelli opened my eyes to the reality of spiritual warfare.
Re: Which Book Has Impacted Your Life Most? by Udode(f): 9:19am On Mar 12, 2009
Paulo Coleho - The alchemist

You just HAVE to read it!!! wink
Re: Which Book Has Impacted Your Life Most? by KachiGlad: 1:07pm On Mar 13, 2009
the holy bible. it has given my life a meaning
Re: Which Book Has Impacted Your Life Most? by Pepeye(f): 2:55pm On Mar 13, 2009
None other than the Bible and not forgetting my daily devotional –Rhapsody of Realities
Re: Which Book Has Impacted Your Life Most? by dgreatrock(m): 8:53pm On Mar 13, 2009
The bible is uncomparable. it has changed my life totally.
talking of devotionals, SU's Daily Guide, Selwyn hugh's everyday with Jesus, Dr kwakpowe' Daily manna and Ven Agbawe's manna for daily living are awesome daily starters
Re: Which Book Has Impacted Your Life Most? by Epi: 10:14pm On Mar 13, 2009
For me, its Goldilocks and Three Bears.

*sigh* Lately on NL, I feel like Goldilocks - so misunderstood

likkle more
Re: Which Book Has Impacted Your Life Most? by Tatase(f): 11:44pm On Mar 13, 2009
I'm not really into self-help/how-to-live-your-life books because in general I find them a little silly and obvious and a ploy to take vulnerable people's money. It's basically not a genre I tend to patronize.

That being said, I got the Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren as a graduation from undergrad present from someone and although it remained unread for more than a year, it really changed my life once I got round to reading it.

Ok so some of the translations and verses he uses are a little over-liberally applied in the contexts in which they're used, but at the same time, I used to have a lot of anxiety about death and dying/ dying young and without having done anything etc, and this book really helped. And it's not like now I automatically know what I'm supposed to be doing but it reminded me that life is temporary and that this world is not the entirety or majority of my existence and that I'm not here just for myself. I'm probably not explaining it well, but anyway it really helped me at a time I was really low and needed to be reminded of certain things.
Re: Which Book Has Impacted Your Life Most? by SeanT21(f): 1:41am On Mar 14, 2009
Barack Obama:Dreams of my father***I am reading it right now and lovin it**

Richard Wright:Black Boy

To kill a Mokingbird

What is the What by Dave Eggers
Re: Which Book Has Impacted Your Life Most? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:47am On Mar 14, 2009
"Wow"-what a book_worm! like me shocked
mmmmm,i like. . . . . .
Re: Which Book Has Impacted Your Life Most? by Orikinla(m): 3:04pm On Mar 14, 2009
The book of eternal life, the Holy Bible.
Re: Which Book Has Impacted Your Life Most? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Mar 15, 2009
Rich Dad poor Dad by Robbert KIyosaki and Think and grow rich by Napoleon. In fact, the are phenomena books
Re: Which Book Has Impacted Your Life Most? by dgreatrock(m): 7:35pm On Mar 15, 2009
i dont know why these obama's books have refused to entice me.
Re: Which Book Has Impacted Your Life Most? by stillsmall(f): 10:52am On Jun 17, 2009
the game of life. 4gotten the author but its a must read.trust me
Re: Which Book Has Impacted Your Life Most? by cuteguy4u2: 11:14am On Jun 17, 2009
Motivational book 'How To Make Wealth Without Capital' by Austin Aniekie.The book is wonderful.Try to get your copy.
Re: Which Book Has Impacted Your Life Most? by argent(f): 3:16pm On Jun 17, 2009
The Burden of Freedom By Myles Munroe.
The book has shown me that freedom comes with responsibilities.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stole My Heart / Looking For This Book : The Second Chance By Nyengi Koin 1986 / Escapades With Aunty Caro(rated 18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.