Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,081 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? (34237 Views)

Owner Of Iphone 6 Sues Apple Over Unresponsive Touchscreens / Bephone Un030 Users Please Respond!!! / Nokia Prepares For Massive Comeback: Fans Keep Their Fingers Crossed - Newstac (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by omanifrank(m): 8:44pm On Jul 10, 2015
ok
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by allanphash7(m): 8:44pm On Jul 10, 2015
Sensible reply
Lexusgs430:
Are you forgetting stylus input? Why does a car built to run on petrol, not accept water has an alternative means of fuel?
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by YerYer: 8:44pm On Jul 10, 2015
Electrostatic
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by Gosj01(m): 8:45pm On Jul 10, 2015
nope
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by yemitexcel(m): 8:45pm On Jul 10, 2015
DjAndroid:
Same reason some girls respond to money but don't respond to love.
Tru talk
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by chiedu7: 8:45pm On Jul 10, 2015
it responds to hammers too,

1 Like

Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by iamkingzlee(m): 8:46pm On Jul 10, 2015
elvision1:

tell me what's foolish about the question and i would tell you why your classmates never saw you as a threat.
grin oluwa oo!!! grin bashing of the century...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by Brytawon(m): 8:47pm On Jul 10, 2015
Careful research and findings would explain much better.
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by ikombe: 8:48pm On Jul 10, 2015
wheesin:
just the way your brain responds to asking foolish questions..
wicked nigga grin
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 10, 2015
because it's skin sensitive, it doesn't respond to fingers only. Try using ur elbow or ur toe. As for those ones that respond to pen and others it was made to be like that.
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by Seemyfather(m): 8:50pm On Jul 10, 2015
INTERMAN:
Reasons Androids Respond Only To Fingers

I know we have a lot of genius and brilliant people in this place. Ok. This is my question. Why is it that phones like androids, ipad,ipod etc does not respond to other things like erazer, pen,plastic,metals etc but only to human fingers and body?

It seems something dey chop on top your brain. Please go and do your findings very well... Cos robbing my android on pillow just proved you wrong now. So go back and re-do your findings. Ok?
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by ufumes(m): 8:50pm On Jul 10, 2015
try using pure water, it will respond
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 10, 2015
It is a illuminati things... grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 10, 2015
possibilita:
Evrybody in this thread r idiots,d guy asked a question on what he observed bcoz he saw dat most fone especially d old chinko touch screens responds to anything even water but d latest ones don't except fingers and u guys starts typing rubish.if u don't know jst write "I was here,first to comment,jst passing,seen,etc." And leave not show y ur brain responds foolishly to good questions.

This mumu got 13 likes and that means there are 14 mumus in the house. Before you brand others idiots, try cutting a piece of paper and scroll your Android screen with it, see if it doesn't respond!
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by Seemyfather(m): 8:52pm On Jul 10, 2015
koice:

Sony Z2 and Z3 respond to the HB pencil, while all Samsung note series respond to the S pen. Chinese phones are known to respond to fabrics like clothes and nylon.

Abeg don't mind that gay ojare...
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by sonofananimalz: 8:52pm On Jul 10, 2015
INTERMAN:

I know we have a lot of genius and brilliant people in this place. Ok. This is my question. Why is it that phones like androids, ipad,ipod etc does not respond to other things like erazer, pen,plastic,metals etc but only to human fingers and body?
angry

GO GIVE MONKEY YOUR TABLET SEE WEATHER HE HAND NO GO RESPOND EVEN FASTER.
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by Seemyfather(m): 8:53pm On Jul 10, 2015
wheesin:

Good. You're correct my guy!
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by keandre: 8:53pm On Jul 10, 2015
wheesin:

elvision1:

tell me what's foolish about the question and i would tell you why your classmates never saw you as a threat.

round 1

1 Like

Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by Joshkid(m): 8:54pm On Jul 10, 2015
INTERMAN:

they detect anything consisting of blood easily...
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by hecha38(m): 8:54pm On Jul 10, 2015
Lexusgs430:
Are you forgetting stylus input? Why does a car built to run on petrol, not accept water has an alternative means of fuel?
its called HTS skin sence
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by mooremedia: 8:55pm On Jul 10, 2015
DjAndroid:
Same reason some girls respond to money but don't respond to love.
classic response......Please can we be friends

1 Like

Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by baba11(m): 8:55pm On Jul 10, 2015
It's only input device which correspond to the stylus of the device that it can respond....otherwise,no interaction will occur!
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by oloriadejoke(f): 8:57pm On Jul 10, 2015
Whaooo grin grin I actually tried it with my tongue and sachet of pure water and it swipe up and down
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by Seemyfather(m): 8:57pm On Jul 10, 2015
possibilita:
Evrybody in this thread r idiots,d guy asked a question on what he observed bcoz he saw dat most fone especially d old chinko touch screens responds to anything even water but d latest ones don't except fingers and u guys starts typing rubish.if u don't know jst write "I was here,first to comment,jst passing,seen,etc." And leave not show y ur brain responds foolishly to good questions.

Including you. Cos you just so find yourself unfortunate to be among those idiots of yours in this thread as well. Even you being the chief of them all....
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by kingk(m): 8:58pm On Jul 10, 2015
Muyogoa:
i think it is due to CAPACITIVE SENSING not CONDUCTION(that is why it would still respond even with a nylon or cover on the screen) The phone screen require a thing like fingers ,body etc for sensing and calculation to know when and where you touched. I guess it is the gap(dielectric charge) between the finger and the capacitive sensing that cause it . The screen responds to the finger hovering above it even long b4 it touches the screen but the manufacturer simply place the screen at low threshold frequency (close to the screen) so that it wld observe to us as physical touch. I think Mr seun and lalasticlala will have a better explaination.
I believe the touch screen has lots of darlinton pairs so, the electric charges from your body switches the gaps...........

What am i even saying sef?.........
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by sonofananimalz: 8:58pm On Jul 10, 2015
possibilita:
angry

FIRST OF ALL, YOUR BRAIN ONLY RESPOND TO STUPIDITY undecided

SECONDARY: YOU AND THE OP HAVE AN IQ OF A MOSQUITO angry

THIRD : WHAT IS THE MEANING OF GOOGLE? undecided
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by iphanyiuma(m): 9:00pm On Jul 10, 2015
young man it responds to metal...android device responds to anything that can conduct electricity except wires.
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 10, 2015
As u touch the screen u hv passed infrared rays from ur bdy to a sensor in the phone. U hv to touch the icon 4 the rays to b well focused. My tot thou I didn't study electronics engr.
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by Oladimejjy(m): 9:00pm On Jul 10, 2015
try using d cover of ur pot.....metal
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 10, 2015
Op you can read on the piezoelectric effect every touch screen device is built using the principle of the piezo electric effect.
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by Rawar: 9:03pm On Jul 10, 2015
Na blood it dey use. End time tins, backfully grin
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by Nicepoker(m): 9:04pm On Jul 10, 2015
possibilita:
including u I guess.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top 10 Cheapest Android Phones In Nigeria Below ₦15,000 / How To Unlock MTN Sm@rt Mini S620 Dual SIM Android Phones / Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.