Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? (34236 Views)

Owner Of Iphone 6 Sues Apple Over Unresponsive Touchscreens / Bephone Un030 Users Please Respond!!! / Nokia Prepares For Massive Comeback: Fans Keep Their Fingers Crossed - Newstac (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by Nobody: 12:37am On Jul 11, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Or why do human beings requiring blood transfusion, not get transfused with orijin bitters?

Bat guy grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by AgentOfAllah: 12:44am On Jul 11, 2015
RapLawd:

Don't worry I'll use something else to make it more gross as par your suggestion
lol...okay. At least you finally found a worthy purpose for your "something else".
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by Achilies(m): 12:58am On Jul 11, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]
koice:

Sony Z2 and Z3 respond to the HB pencil, while all Samsung note series respond to the S pen. Chinese phones are known to respond to fabrics like clothes and nylon.

I swear if Chinese people read this your post them no go ever manufacturer phone again
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by waldigit: 1:53am On Jul 11, 2015
possibilita:
Evrybody in this thread r idiots,d guy asked a question on what he observed bcoz he saw dat most fone especially d old chinko touch screens responds to anything even water but d latest ones don't except fingers and u guys starts typing rubish.if u don't know jst write "I was here,first to comment,jst passing,seen,etc." And leave not show y ur brain responds foolishly to good questions.
We have a lot of mediocres in our country
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by Emeka71(m): 2:55am On Jul 11, 2015
My fingers are not used to i-phone; I learnt soft-touch phone responds to prick.
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by godsveryown(f): 3:27am On Jul 11, 2015
wheesin:
just the way your brain responds to asking foolish questions..
do u even know the answer to the question? If ur refering to this question as foolish then ur foolishness is EPIC
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by Nobody: 3:28am On Jul 11, 2015
This will get a little complicated, and some of the smaller details may not be completely accurate, but...

The touch part of the screen is made up of a web of extremely flexible and strong atoms flowing over the LCD. This is a positively charged web, and the web stretches upward toward the touch when your negatively charged finger/hand/body part comes in contact with the glass. The glass acts to prevent unintentional touches, as the silicon in the glass acts as a semiconductor, to prevent things such as the air, dust, and other things that may be negatively charged from interacting with the screen. Normal capacitive screens have this same web, but they are designed to break with every touch, which is what give the iPhone multitouch, and other phones, not. Apple had to engineer the iPhone to do this, and patented it, which is why we don't have other multitouch phones. A stylus doesn't have the surface area or the charge needed to interact with it, which means that iPhone styli, have to either transfer our charge through the shaft, or create static to use. Pogo Styli, for example, use the tip, and the aluminum shaft to make a slight charge to use on the screen.

Sorry if that was a little complicated, but that is how it supposedly works.
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by charlycharles(m): 5:03am On Jul 11, 2015
Bitter kola does d magic peefectly... thank me letter.
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by eromspete(m): 5:39am On Jul 11, 2015
Chei shocked TKO! Dope response

elvision1:

tell me what's foolish about the question and i would tell you why your classmates never saw you as a threat.
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by possibilita(m): 5:55am On Jul 11, 2015
labamo07:

You are no exception to the group of idiots because you are part of the thread.....
u r a big fool for quoting me with such an idiotic comment
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by possibilita(m): 5:58am On Jul 11, 2015
Hidentity:

Right thing said in a wrong manner. I agree with you on your message but not on how you passed it. It was rather too harsh to call 'EVERYBODY' on a thread foolish. Not even an effort to spare those with good comments. Some people here are old enough to be one's parents or elderly ones. The social media should not be a facade in perpetrating moral evils
sorry
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by possibilita(m): 6:10am On Jul 11, 2015
mcyemite:
sorry sir I think u mistakenly wrote"dont except finger"...are u high
no am not high but am ANGRY!!!!
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by mcyemite(m): 6:17am On Jul 11, 2015
possibilita:
no am not high but am ANGRY!!!!
ehyaa..take care ehn. undecided undecided
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by bigtoyin(m): 6:33am On Jul 11, 2015
I believe it has been programme to work with anything that has blood and skin
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by solodox(m): 6:49am On Jul 11, 2015
possibilita:
Evrybody in this thread r idiots,d guy asked a question on what he observed bcoz he saw dat most fone especially d old chinko touch screens responds to anything even water but d latest ones don't except fingers and u guys starts typing rubish.if u don't know jst write "I was here,first to comment,jst passing,seen,etc." And leave not show y ur brain responds foolishly to good questions.

bro aswear, the thing taya me to no end! they just dey carry on like animaniacs!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by femi4: 7:03am On Jul 11, 2015
DjAndroid:
Same reason some girls respond to money but don't respond to love.
grin grin
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by alawi5k: 7:05am On Jul 11, 2015
Moblord:
Not Only finger... just anything containing liquid. blood is d liquid in ur finger try using satchet water it'll work
Tried and proved

1 Like

Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 11, 2015
Can you guys believe the android screen respond to bread....
Someone should please try it.... Touch the screen is with bread and see it is orks...

Confirmed by me
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by Wefiak1414(m): 7:36am On Jul 11, 2015
same here o where a prostitude says she is a virgin and while a politician says he is honest.
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by Lexyteejay: 7:51am On Jul 11, 2015
Moblord:
Not Only finger... just anything containing liquid. blood is d liquid in ur finger try using satchet water it'll work
This truly works, u can try it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by bigiyaro(m): 8:03am On Jul 11, 2015
Lexusgs430:
Are you forgetting stylus input? Why does a car built to run on petrol, not accept water has an alternative means of fuel?
d op dosen't know sometin n he is askin qstn, if u dnt know d answ, just keep quite,
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by dollyptosh(m): 8:05am On Jul 11, 2015
Warlord3000:
Lol.. Very funny post cheesy
Funny comments rather.
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by Lexusgs430: 8:17am On Jul 11, 2015
bigiyaro:
d op dosen't know sometin n he is askin qstn, if u dnt know d answ, just keep quite,

And if I don't keep quiet?
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by leevi93(m): 8:25am On Jul 11, 2015
just under the influence of alcohol
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by bigiyaro(m): 8:40am On Jul 11, 2015
Lexusgs430:

And if I don't keep quiet?
OYO
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by Lexusgs430: 8:42am On Jul 11, 2015
bigiyaro:
OYO

You learn to mind your business!!!!
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by dam4wummy(m): 8:44am On Jul 11, 2015
Oyinbo (illuminati) dey collect our blood cry grin
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by vickylala239: 9:13am On Jul 11, 2015
Jst as ur diccck respond to a weet pussiiii
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by vickylala239: 9:14am On Jul 11, 2015
INTERMAN:
Reasons Androids Respond Only To Fingers

I know we have a lot of genius and brilliant people in this place. Ok. This is my question. Why is it that phones like androids, ipad,ipod etc does not respond to other things like erazer, pen,plastic,metals etc but only to human fingers and body?

Jst as ur diccck respond to a weet pussiiii
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by vickylala239: 9:18am On Jul 11, 2015
INTERMAN:
Reasons Androids Respond Only To Fingers

I know we have a lot of genius and brilliant people in this place. Ok. This is my question. Why is it that phones like androids, ipad,ipod etc does not respond to other things like erazer, pen,plastic,metals etc but only to human fingers and body?

Ask ursef why do finger enter pussssi dry and cum out wet.

Do Dey install a gallon of groundnut oil inside?

or can Dat oil fry egg.

If Dat oil can fry egg y do we still buy oil,wen u Hv a wife.

Click share if ur a gel n Dnt Lik this my question. Click Lik if ur a guy n Lov this question.
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 11, 2015

Electric charges is passed all around d screen wen untouched,
And the finger insulates wherever it touches.
D device can den pinpoint.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top 10 Cheapest Android Phones In Nigeria Below ₦15,000 / How To Unlock MTN Sm@rt Mini S620 Dual SIM Android Phones / Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.