Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,797 members, 7,817,301 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

We Haven’t Received Bailout Fund – Ondo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Haven’t Received Bailout Fund – Ondo (8168 Views)

How Ekiti State N4.7 Billion Bailout Fund Was Shared / New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access / We Haven’t Recovered From Fighting Obasanjo, PDP Laments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Haven’t Received Bailout Fund – Ondo by papoose999(m): 8:17am On Jul 11, 2015
The Ondo State Government has said it has not received a bailout from the Federal Government to pay outstanding workers’ salaries.

The government in a statement signed by the Commissioner for Information, Mr. Kayode Akinmade, on Friday said it only received N2.2bn that accrued to it from taxes, which was part of its June allocation from the federation account.

Akinmade pointed out that the bailout proposal presented to the President by state governors at a meeting recently had yet to produce result as modalities on the bailout were still being worked out.

The state’s Commissioner for Finance, Mr. Yele Ogundipe, said even though one of the agreements reached during the meeting was that the Federal Government would find a way to bail out the states in terms of loans and the possible sharing of the fund in the excess crude account, nothing concrete had been done in that regard.

The statement quoted Ogundipe as saying, “I was present at the Monday meeting and I can confirm to you that the tax paid by the Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas was distributed among the three tiers of government in proportion to the revenue allocation formula.

“Ondo State got only N2.2bn and the local governments got N1.6bn, bringing the state’s total package to N3.8bn. Therefore, what actually came to us as a state was N2.2bn and our salary bill in a month is N4bn. So, that was not the bailout that the President meant. It was part of the money that should have been part of our allocation in June that was not shared.”
www.punchng.com/news/we-havent-received-bailout-fund-ondo/

1 Share

Re: We Haven’t Received Bailout Fund – Ondo by papoose999(m): 8:18am On Jul 11, 2015
FTC..special s/o to all arsenal fans we gonna win d league ds season......d Sleepn dullard nids 2 wake up...abi e dn dey sideline PDP states

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Haven’t Received Bailout Fund – Ondo by osizi06(m): 8:19am On Jul 11, 2015
Stc.....
Dedicate dis to my fellow chelsea fans....
Nd to introvert for not hitting d ftc dis time.....
Nd to the op for callin lala on time.
Nd to buhari for..................
Re: We Haven’t Received Bailout Fund – Ondo by YerYer: 8:24am On Jul 11, 2015
Whom are they deceiving? Money that has already been shared amongst themselves

1 Like

Re: We Haven’t Received Bailout Fund – Ondo by Blackchampion(m): 8:25am On Jul 11, 2015
Ok na.
Even d public school kids neva receive dia meal as promised.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Haven’t Received Bailout Fund – Ondo by HungerBAD: 8:25am On Jul 11, 2015
Oga Commissioner ask your Governor well.

I think he mistakenly sent his personal account number, instead of the States Account number to the Federal Government. The Money is with him and i assure you, he will later come out to apologize saying there was a mix-up somewhere.

10 Likes

Re: We Haven’t Received Bailout Fund – Ondo by Mogidi: 8:25am On Jul 11, 2015
Bubu is only giving the bailout to APC states or what?
Ondo is an oil producing state, it should be top on the list. How many APC states produce Oil?

PDP states, producing oil for APC states to choke on.

9 Likes

Re: We Haven’t Received Bailout Fund – Ondo by NJPot(m): 8:25am On Jul 11, 2015
[img]http://4.bp..com/-S-gAvN1xxjU/VYs4mqpfJAI/AAAAAAAACL4/wUrIIuRKrEU/s1600/Ugbo%2BOne%2BChance1.jpg[/img]

You don enter Ugbo One Chance be that. Click here to watch the movie, Ugbo One Chance featuring Chiwetalu Agu, Muhammadu Buhari, Wike, Mr. Ibu, Apama, Mercy Johnson ....GRAB YOUR COPY NOW.

1 Like

Re: We Haven’t Received Bailout Fund – Ondo by Ambi25: 8:25am On Jul 11, 2015
chai! See some state the talk about bailout for money wey de don chop

1 Like

Re: We Haven’t Received Bailout Fund – Ondo by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:26am On Jul 11, 2015
Is Ondo state not generating internal revenue? This Man called Mimiko should look toward somewhere else.

7 Likes

Re: We Haven’t Received Bailout Fund – Ondo by Starships4u(m): 8:26am On Jul 11, 2015
Una too the owe salaries?? Hmmmmm....

2 Likes

Re: We Haven’t Received Bailout Fund – Ondo by Flets: 8:27am On Jul 11, 2015
Do we really think Nigeria will ever progress with these sharing of funds?

With a state salary burden of 4bn.... what value are the salary earners adding to the state or the nation?

In the business world, you can't pay 4bn on salaries and not generate over such amount in revenue

What is the IGR in the various states compared to the salary burden? What exactly are the state governors doing apart from sharing and spending federal allocations coming from crude proceeds?

Nigeria might just be one more ND crises away from balkanization. The system is headed a dead end.

1 Like

Re: We Haven’t Received Bailout Fund – Ondo by slowice(m): 8:27am On Jul 11, 2015
Don't worry your share is on d way....yeye grin
Re: We Haven’t Received Bailout Fund – Ondo by UnknownT: 8:27am On Jul 11, 2015
I smell propaganda. You give them part of their money and said that you are bailing them out.

4 Likes

Re: We Haven’t Received Bailout Fund – Ondo by Haqq4young(m): 8:28am On Jul 11, 2015
who are😣?
Re: We Haven’t Received Bailout Fund – Ondo by babyfaceafrica: 8:28am On Jul 11, 2015
I thought this bail out funds was for states owing workers..so ondo is also owing?

2 Likes

Re: We Haven’t Received Bailout Fund – Ondo by alawi5k: 8:28am On Jul 11, 2015
I will comment in the fullness of time

2 Likes

Re: We Haven’t Received Bailout Fund – Ondo by Iruobean(m): 8:29am On Jul 11, 2015
See space Oº°˚°ºh. Mk ah rush comment abeg. Ehen pls if dem ban person f☺я nairaland how e ÐƹƔ be? Because av been a member since 2010 buh dem neva ban me once
Re: We Haven’t Received Bailout Fund – Ondo by NaijaOptimist: 8:29am On Jul 11, 2015
Osun and Aregbesola was touted as the only state owing.

Now wey money don show, others are marking attendance.

3 Likes

Re: We Haven’t Received Bailout Fund – Ondo by Atesunate15(m): 8:29am On Jul 11, 2015
I wonder the destination of IGR. If IGR is added to this sum of money, workers will be paid at ease. They should just stop the deciet

5 Likes

Re: We Haven’t Received Bailout Fund – Ondo by DICKtator: 8:30am On Jul 11, 2015
grin grin grin grin
Re: We Haven’t Received Bailout Fund – Ondo by osinachinwosu(m): 8:31am On Jul 11, 2015
Very soon you will receive yours.
Re: We Haven’t Received Bailout Fund – Ondo by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:31am On Jul 11, 2015
dude, deal with it...we dnt knw u

1 Like

Re: We Haven’t Received Bailout Fund – Ondo by miqos02(m): 8:34am On Jul 11, 2015
ok

Re: We Haven’t Received Bailout Fund – Ondo by uzo200(m): 8:35am On Jul 11, 2015
end time
Re: We Haven’t Received Bailout Fund – Ondo by Pavore9: 8:36am On Jul 11, 2015
I tire..must states rely on federal allocation to stay afloat? lt seems their Internally Generated Revenue are for personal runs! angry angry

2 Likes

Re: We Haven’t Received Bailout Fund – Ondo by easyfem(m): 8:37am On Jul 11, 2015
nothing good come from PDP , mimiko don scam dem again

2 Likes

Re: We Haven’t Received Bailout Fund – Ondo by slap1(m): 8:38am On Jul 11, 2015
Shameless lots.

1 Like

Re: We Haven’t Received Bailout Fund – Ondo by isholak21(m): 8:40am On Jul 11, 2015
Look at this yeye commissioner, all they kw is sharing formula. All this people sharing Nig money since 1800

2 Likes

Re: We Haven’t Received Bailout Fund – Ondo by tinuolababy(f): 8:42am On Jul 11, 2015
Okay
Re: We Haven’t Received Bailout Fund – Ondo by papoose999(m): 8:43am On Jul 11, 2015
osizi06:
Yhu don dey 'cc lalasticlala' now now?? sad
wat is ds one sayin

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Will Report Corrupt Judges To NJC, CJN – Sheriff / 2018 Retreat Of The All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) - Photos / Peace Committee Is Powerless Under This Desperate Government - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.