Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,959 members, 7,835,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Content Of A 1975 Magazine, Drum (with Pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Content Of A 1975 Magazine, Drum (with Pictures) (1717 Views)

Read The Content Of President Buhari's Phone Conversation With Donald Trump / Portrait Of Buhari As Military Governor Of North-Eastern State In 1975-1976 / Photo: General Murtala Mohammed Shakes Hand With Lt. Col. Babangida In 1975 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Content Of A 1975 Magazine, Drum (with Pictures) by Crocz(m): 3:30pm On Jul 11, 2015
Today, I'm in possession of a 1975 magazine "Drum" and I must say the content of it is quite extra ordinary grin. Need I say that the Magazine look(in appearance) as new as the very day it was published grin. I don't want to be selfish so I decided to share with you guys, afterall how many people here were alive then?

Now Ladies and Gentlemen, sit tight and journey with me back in time!

Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: Content Of A 1975 Magazine, Drum (with Pictures) by Crocz(m): 3:31pm On Jul 11, 2015
The cover page
The entire cover page advertised a CD175 Honda motorcycle with glowing attributes. It read "That's Honda. Built to do the job. Machines which glide effortlessly along congested city streets(bring am come Lagos now na angry ), carry personnel and equipment to outlying worksites (they must be referring to hoes and cutlasses grin )"
"If you want safe, easy to handle personal transportation or rugged and reliable working motorcycles, there is an economical Honda built for you!" (Ya'll hear that shey? undecided )

1 Share

Re: Content Of A 1975 Magazine, Drum (with Pictures) by Crocz(m): 3:31pm On Jul 11, 2015
On the Flip side of the cover page
Well, it another advertisement and it somehow look awkward. I mean at first you'd think it's something edible but guess what?..it's a detergent for washing cloths angry

Now I know what my granny always refer to, as she always call all detergents "surf"

Re: Content Of A 1975 Magazine, Drum (with Pictures) by MosakuAW(m): 3:31pm On Jul 11, 2015
D
Pages 1, 2 & 3
These pages is graced by none other than the Grand pioneer of lyrical madness, The Rebellious Songman, The Legendary King of Afro-beat "Fela" as he held a "people's jamboree", some sort of concert. These pages are littered with some gorgeously looking gorgeous ladies grin. He was carried to the stage by Lateef Darasin, a renown wrestler with just one hand! shocked

Re: Content Of A 1975 Magazine, Drum (with Pictures) by Crocz(m): 3:32pm On Jul 11, 2015
Fourth page
It's the death of Kaku, a beastly hippopo standing about 4ft tall and weighing 3tons (3000kg). The beast's been on rampage killing atleast 3 people and 7 cattle, feeding on and destroying farms, as it constitute a horrible menace to lives and property. It was gunned down by Nigerian police sharp shooters(lol cheesy ) after engaging the police in a duel for about 30mins. It's said that it took 47 rounds of ammunition, five police sharp shooter cheesy to end It.
Kaku lived in Kwara State near Niger River

Re: Content Of A 1975 Magazine, Drum (with Pictures) by Crocz(m): 3:32pm On Jul 11, 2015
Fifth page
An article titled "The Men in a hurry to taste political power"

The author warned about young men who would use the military to earn political power, who through balloting would never be. He however, said that the old in power should nurture the young promising ones. He quoted an Igbo proverb that " when the infant tries to lead the old, both are likely to fall into pit unless the old uses the child just as a walking stick"
He also warned that delay is dangerous! grin

I suspect the author was referring to OBJ and co.

Re: Content Of A 1975 Magazine, Drum (with Pictures) by Crocz(m): 3:34pm On Jul 11, 2015
G

Re: Content Of A 1975 Magazine, Drum (with Pictures) by Crocz(m): 3:35pm On Jul 11, 2015
His Excellency Brigadier Murtala Muhammed, Head of the Federal Military Government and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Nigeria

Re: Content Of A 1975 Magazine, Drum (with Pictures) by Crocz(m): 3:35pm On Jul 11, 2015
The then new Head of State with members of his Federal Executive Council.

Guess who was standing right next to the Head of State, it's OBJ!

Miss September 1975 cheesy

She's hot! grin

Re: Content Of A 1975 Magazine, Drum (with Pictures) by Crocz(m): 3:36pm On Jul 11, 2015
Banking and Finance

Re: Content Of A 1975 Magazine, Drum (with Pictures) by jerflakes(m): 3:39pm On Jul 11, 2015
L
Re: Content Of A 1975 Magazine, Drum (with Pictures) by jerflakes(m): 3:39pm On Jul 11, 2015
M
Re: Content Of A 1975 Magazine, Drum (with Pictures) by jerflakes(m): 3:40pm On Jul 11, 2015
O
Re: Content Of A 1975 Magazine, Drum (with Pictures) by DaBullIT(m): 3:52pm On Jul 11, 2015
[size=28pt]P[/size]
Re: Content Of A 1975 Magazine, Drum (with Pictures) by theSpark(m): 3:57pm On Jul 11, 2015
Waiting
Re: Content Of A 1975 Magazine, Drum (with Pictures) by Aegon(m): 4:05pm On Jul 11, 2015
Q
Re: Content Of A 1975 Magazine, Drum (with Pictures) by Crocz(m): 4:15pm On Jul 11, 2015
Health Section
It's strange, the actual name of the Doctor giving advice or answering people's question wasn't given, only a nick "Doctor Drum cheesy"

Now brace yourself for some of the most hilarious questions ever grin

Q1 I'm a 19 years old girl. I find that my breasts are very small. My friends said I will not have children. I want to get married soon but my breast problem is keeping me back grin . Do you think I have disease in my breast? (Na here I fall commot chair grin)
Q2 I'm a girl of nine and have trouble with my growth. Although I eat beans grin 3times a week grin . I don't get tall. I eat a lot of starches such as bread, pounded yam, and a lot of rice. Please doctor, what is eating by growth? grin
Q3 Is intercourse safe during pregnancy and if so, up to what duration grin (All ye one minute men, you hear person dey ask how long make he dey do him wife unto say she get bele na...and if she no get bele, you can imagine how long grin )
Q4 Every time I see my girlfriend, she wants me to make love to her. As a result of her demands, I have lost 3pounds in weight and have develop backache angry grin (German machine ladies, it yaff tay!)

There are some not so funny ones, like lady asking if her 5times abortion going to affect her child bearing, a man saying he's had Gonorrhea for 4yrs and still got married to woman who had to idea he's had it, then a guy shiitting worms, a lady's bo.obs producing milk during her period and so on grin

Also an advert for Skinny people to get on some flesh with Wate-On grin (good news for skinny people right?...assuming it's 1975 grin )

Re: Content Of A 1975 Magazine, Drum (with Pictures) by ProfessorPeter(m): 4:16pm On Jul 11, 2015
R S T U V W X Y Z. Next time no bring outdated paper come ya
Re: Content Of A 1975 Magazine, Drum (with Pictures) by Crocz(m): 4:18pm On Jul 11, 2015
Star!

Re: Content Of A 1975 Magazine, Drum (with Pictures) by Crocz(m): 5:50pm On Jul 11, 2015
ProfessorPeter:
R S T U V W X Y Z. Next time no bring outdated paper come ya
Or what? undecided
Re: Content Of A 1975 Magazine, Drum (with Pictures) by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 11, 2015
Crocz:
Miss September 1975 cheesy
She's hot! grin
miss september *tin* don do Olympus has fallen
Re: Content Of A 1975 Magazine, Drum (with Pictures) by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 11, 2015
P raised to power 2
Re: Content Of A 1975 Magazine, Drum (with Pictures) by Crocz(m): 6:04pm On Jul 11, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
miss september *tin* don do Olympus has fallen
Like 20yrs ago self grin
Re: Content Of A 1975 Magazine, Drum (with Pictures) by realborn(m): 7:25pm On Jul 11, 2015
Wow. Journalism is no better than it was 40 years ago. Seemed more interesting then though.

Miss September must have been a rebel at the time. Today, she would cringe to see her once unique and peculiar outlook is the order of the day.

Nice one OP!
Re: Content Of A 1975 Magazine, Drum (with Pictures) by Saurab: 8:01pm On Jul 11, 2015
Nice once.
Re: Content Of A 1975 Magazine, Drum (with Pictures) by Crocz(m): 9:12pm On Jul 11, 2015
realborn:
Wow. Journalism is no better than it was 40 years ago. Seemed more interesting then though.

Miss September must have been a rebel at the time. Today, she would cringe to see her once unique and peculiar outlook is the order of the day.

Nice one OP!
Miss september is someone's grandmother now cheesy
Re: Content Of A 1975 Magazine, Drum (with Pictures) by realborn(m): 10:02pm On Jul 11, 2015
Crocz:

Miss september is someone's grandmother now cheesy

Na true ooo...
Re: Content Of A 1975 Magazine, Drum (with Pictures) by Crocz(m): 10:06am On Jul 12, 2015
realborn:
Na true ooo...
Exactly

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints MD Of Failed Airline Head Of New National Carrier Committee / Lawyer As A Minister Of Works?......this Is Not The Change We Voted For / ‎Top 5 Achievements Of President Buhari In Six Month - Pc0youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.