Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,418 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Feeling Unworthy? How To Find Your Way To Freedom - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Feeling Unworthy? How To Find Your Way To Freedom (2421 Views)

How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband / 5 Sure Ways To Stop Feeling Insecure In Your Relationships / 30 Facts For All Ladies : This Will Shape Your Way Of Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Feeling Unworthy? How To Find Your Way To Freedom by MizMyColi(f): 6:37pm On Jul 11, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Feeling Unworthy? How To Find Your Way To Freedom by Erukumakanaki: 6:42pm On Jul 11, 2015
Epistle Madam Mizmycoli cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Feeling Unworthy? How To Find Your Way To Freedom by donbenedict(m): 6:43pm On Jul 11, 2015
Lol after readin the post, I just laffed... Anybody who derails this thread will hear it hot from me wink
Re: Feeling Unworthy? How To Find Your Way To Freedom by MizMyColi(f): 6:44pm On Jul 11, 2015
angry
Erukumakanaki:
Epistle Madam Mizmycoli cheesy
Re: Feeling Unworthy? How To Find Your Way To Freedom by Erukumakanaki: 6:47pm On Jul 11, 2015
MizMyColi:
angry
that face makes u less beautiful, smile jare cheesy
Re: Feeling Unworthy? How To Find Your Way To Freedom by Mynd44: 6:49pm On Jul 11, 2015
*strolls in with a pack of popcorn, an ice cold Fanta and grabs a seat*

I hope this movie is intresting
Re: Feeling Unworthy? How To Find Your Way To Freedom by pathardy(m): 6:52pm On Jul 11, 2015
I'am here to read:

Mycrush#
Re: Feeling Unworthy? How To Find Your Way To Freedom by Mynd44: 7:02pm On Jul 11, 2015
Eyin omo wobe!!!!!
Re: Feeling Unworthy? How To Find Your Way To Freedom by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 11, 2015
Mynd44:
Eyin omo wobe!!!!!
Wobe!!!!! cool
Re: Feeling Unworthy? How To Find Your Way To Freedom by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 11, 2015
Nice..... inspirational
Re: Feeling Unworthy? How To Find Your Way To Freedom by MizMyColi(f): 7:13pm On Jul 11, 2015
Lmao.
So my friend just mailed me, after creating the first thread and be like....

People who read your thread might think you're in one heavenly blissful relationship, ordained by God.
^^Lmao, Like for real?

Well, believe that about me and you can believe anything!
Dammit!
I have my challenges too!
My downside!
Gosshhhembarassed

Okay, on this thread....
I will entertain three different personal questions on My relationships and allied matters.
This is me practising what I learned today.
Let's do this!cheesy

Re: Feeling Unworthy? How To Find Your Way To Freedom by Aspireahead(m): 7:23pm On Jul 11, 2015
that article actually speaks about me...but the solutions ain't that easy to practise.
I have unwavering feeling of insecurity and low self esteem that scares me and those around me...I am unnecessarily demanding and always need this useless urge to be listened to. I feel dejected when people i trust and respect do something as little as missing my call or dropping my call.
i don't like all these, but it deems they have been ingrained into me from Years of having to take the blame for whatever bad that happened around me during my childhood which led to me being withdrawn and keeping with my self.... I don't blame my parents as they couldn't possibly know what psychological impact those continuous 'you are too lazy', 'you can't do anything good' will have on me.
I am in my early twenties now but this is something I. wish can go away, as it basically is affecting my relationship.
I think I have said enough already...
Re: Feeling Unworthy? How To Find Your Way To Freedom by Mynd44: 7:34pm On Jul 11, 2015
Aspireahead:
that article actually speaks about me...but the solutions ain't that easy to practise.
I have unwavering feeling of insecurity and low self esteem that scares me and those around me...I am unnecessarily demanding and always need this useless urge to be listened to. I feel dejected when people i trust and respect do something as little as missing my call or dropping my call.
i don't like all these, but it deems they have been ingrained into me from Years of having to take the blame for whatever bad that happened around me during my childhood which led to me being withdrawn and keeping with my self.... I don't blame my parents as they couldn't possibly know what psychological impact those continuous 'you are too lazy', 'you can't do anything good' will have on me.
I am in my early twenties now but this is something I. wish can go away, as it basically is affecting my relationship.
I think I have said enough already...

Not good. Not good at all.

Like you need to do some serious reprogramming immediately

2 Likes

Re: Feeling Unworthy? How To Find Your Way To Freedom by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 11, 2015
@Aspireahead, you seriously need to see a therapist. Too bad we don't have many around here in Nigeria, so maybe I'd suggest you meet a trusted friend who possibly can't hurt you from time to time and discuss your insecurities.

Having a listening ear around sometimes often helps.

#SpeakingFromExperience.

1 Like

Re: Feeling Unworthy? How To Find Your Way To Freedom by Mynd44: 7:51pm On Jul 11, 2015
Brandnew2:
@Aspireahead, you seriously need to see a therapist. Too bad we don't have many around here in Nigeria, so maybe I'd suggest you meet a trusted friend who possibly can't hurt you from time to time and discuss your insecurities.

#SpeakingFromExperience.
It is even worse that finding friends that are willing to listen to you whine, rant and cry without judging you is implausible
Re: Feeling Unworthy? How To Find Your Way To Freedom by Aspireahead(m): 7:54pm On Jul 11, 2015
Mynd44:

Not good. Not good at all.

Like you need to do some serious reprogramming immediately
oga do not worry...I see it as normal now...I don pass level of suicide...as I don do the maths and e no favor me..am just waiting to graduate and bury my head in something...charity, photography, teaching anything... I have read so many books and e-materials and non helped. thanks for the concern though.

1 Like

Re: Feeling Unworthy? How To Find Your Way To Freedom by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 11, 2015
Mynd44:

It is even worse that finding friends that are willing to listen to you whine, rant and cry without judging you is implausible
Some people are amazingly good at listening.
I had a friend like that who would listen through my talk and give me reasonable suggestions and even support any decision I make.
Dunno how we wound up as friends but I remember taking him out on a hangout at his favorite pepper soup joint.

I guess that was his way of paying back. cheesy

No doubt people tend to judge so quickly but in this case it works for me.
Re: Feeling Unworthy? How To Find Your Way To Freedom by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 11, 2015
Aspireahead:

oga do not worry...I see it as normal now...I don pass level of suicide...as I don do the maths and e no favor me..am just waiting to graduate and bury my head in something...charity, photography, teaching anything... I have read so many books and e-materials and non helped. thanks for the concern though.
Engaging in a hobby is a good way of enhancing ones self esteem. You could even find some self worth when you upgrade to being a pro.
Photography sounds like fun to me and I must say you have a nice niche for a blog.

I see you Slimyem. cheesy
Re: Feeling Unworthy? How To Find Your Way To Freedom by Mynd44: 8:02pm On Jul 11, 2015
Aspireahead:

Cool.

Stay strong and alive

1 Like

Re: Feeling Unworthy? How To Find Your Way To Freedom by slimyem: 8:08pm On Jul 11, 2015
Brandnew2:

I see you Slimyem. cheesy
I see you too. smiley
Re: Feeling Unworthy? How To Find Your Way To Freedom by Mynd44: 8:09pm On Jul 11, 2015
Brandnew2:

Some people are amazingly good at listening.
I had a friend like that who would listen through my talk and give me reasonable suggestions and even support any decision I make.
Dunno how we wound up as friends but I remember taking him out on a hangout at his favorite pepper soup joint.

I guess that was his way of paying back. cheesy

No doubt people tend to judge so quickly but in this case it works for me.
Buy peppers soup for me too na!!!

1 Like

Re: Feeling Unworthy? How To Find Your Way To Freedom by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 11, 2015
slimyem:
I see you too. smiley
Been ages.... This is what maturity does I can imagine.
Re: Feeling Unworthy? How To Find Your Way To Freedom by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 11, 2015
Mynd44:
Buy peppers soup for me too na!!!
I hardly eat out these days. I could grill BBQ chicken for you tho'. grin
Re: Feeling Unworthy? How To Find Your Way To Freedom by Mynd44: 8:14pm On Jul 11, 2015
Brandnew2:

I hardly eat out these days.
I could grill BBQ chicken for you tho'. grin
Send me your address cheesy
Re: Feeling Unworthy? How To Find Your Way To Freedom by Aspireahead(m): 8:16pm On Jul 11, 2015
Brandnew2:

#SpeakingFromExperience.
how did you overcome yours? that is assuming there was a time you were like me.
I have a few friends who think i am sick..I just shun them and move along.
Re: Feeling Unworthy? How To Find Your Way To Freedom by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 11, 2015
Aspireahead:

My dear, yours is a touching one. And you're not alone.

I also struggled with this esteem issues occasioned by hurtful words repeatedly hurled at me by my parents. The impacts I could describe into PAGES. Somehow, I rejected those negative words carefully or otherwise chosen to make me feel less about myself. I rejected any name anyone gave me that didn't resonate with my person. The mirror became my friends as I repeatedly spoke before it and verbally rejected those hurtful words. Once I knew it was a subtle means to manipulate or control me, I stopped replaying the words. It wasn't easy but somehow, even before I became a teenager, I had reprogrammed myself completely into a grooving, healthy and balanced person devoid of low self esteem, desire for acceptance and tears. I've become me.

And today, I'm ready to fight anyone who insults or maltreat a kid before me. Every creature of God is perfect. You may still endeavour to read THE ROAD LESS TRAVELLED; Scott Peck, A psychiatrist.

God bless you!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feeling Unworthy? How To Find Your Way To Freedom by kaboninc(m): 8:21pm On Jul 11, 2015
MizMyColi:
Lmao.

^^Lmao, Like for real?

Dammit!
My downside!
Gosshhhembarassed

Okay, on this thread....
I will entertain three different personal questions on My relationships and allied matters.
Let's do this!cheesy

That your friend must have closely observed you.
Re: Feeling Unworthy? How To Find Your Way To Freedom by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 11, 2015
Aspireahead:

how did you overcome yours? that is assuming there was a time you were like me.
I have a few friends who think i am sick..I just shun them and move along.
Bro! Life is a constant battle.
I also went through a phase during my early adulthood plummeting through a cycle of depression I never though I'd get out of.

What helped me overcome this was traveling. It enabled me see life in a different light. It also helped me discover myself.

For the friend/listener factor, it really works especially when the person shows some level of apathy towards your concerns. I am sure yours is deeply rooted in the verbal abuse you went through during your childhood and It's not something you can get over in a day but you will surely pull through if you make a conscious effort.

@Mynd44 I'm short of chicken now but i discovered a BBQ spot in Ikeja sometime last week.

1 Like

Re: Feeling Unworthy? How To Find Your Way To Freedom by slimyem: 8:30pm On Jul 11, 2015
Brandnew2:

Been ages....
This is what maturity does I can imagine.
It has. maturity?
How do you mean? I wasn't mature when I hung around?

we are derailing. Let's not ruin this thread.
Re: Feeling Unworthy? How To Find Your Way To Freedom by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 11, 2015
slimyem:
It has. maturity? How do you mean? I wasn't mature when I hung around?
we are derailing. Let's not ruin this thread.
Let me say, more matured. I've always admired that about you.
Re: Feeling Unworthy? How To Find Your Way To Freedom by Mynd44: 8:40pm On Jul 11, 2015
Brandnew2:

Bro! Life is a constant battle.
I also went through a phase during my early adulthood plummeting through a cycle of depression I never though I'd get out of.

What helped me overcome this was traveling. It enabled me see life in a different light. It also helped me discover myself.

For the friend/listener factor, it really works especially when the person shows some level of apathy towards your concerns. I am sure yours is deeply rooted in the verbal abuse you went through during your childhood and It's not something you can get over in a day but you will surely pull through if you make a conscious effort.

@Myndd44 I'm short of chicken now but i discovered a BBQ spot in Ikeja sometime last week.
I know a good one in Ilupeju. Bar Enclave.
Re: Feeling Unworthy? How To Find Your Way To Freedom by Chubhie: 8:43pm On Jul 11, 2015
MizMyColi:
Lmao.

^^Lmao, Like for real?

Dammit!
My downside!
Gosshhhembarassed

Okay, on this thread....
Let's do this!cheesy

Are you taking questions?

(1) (2) (Reply)

First Sex In Front Of Mama And Daddy? / Pls I Nid Ur Advise. / Is Bride Price Paid During Introduction Or During Traditional Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.