Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Somali Independence Day - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Somali Independence Day (6983 Views)

Somali Men Appreciation Thread / Why Aren't Somali Woman In Hollywood???? / Naija Girls Before And After Independence (photo). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Somali Independence Day by ArtanK(m): 4:37am On Jul 30, 2015
Ethiomali:

Brother I went to a Somali event in London a couple of months ago and we had Dr Sada Mire on video call. She said they uncovered stones with Sabaean scripts that were talking about Jesus in north Somalia.

It is not the first time they find traces of christianity in Somalia they have found other artifacts as well according to the doctor.

Woah! Do you have a video from that event?

Dr Sada Mire is such an inspiration, her work is truly worth keeping up with. I learn something new from her every time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4UQYem6Dvc

She mentions stones with Sabaean and Himyarite writings here^ as well. They also dug up pottery from ancient Egypt in the coastal town of Heis in northern Somalia.
Considering the fact that 99% of Somali land has never been explored or gone through archeological research is quite encouraging. There is much more to Somali history than what we already know. I'm convinced that the ancient port towns of Avalites, Malao, Mundus, Mosyllum and Opone are buried under the dirt our ignorant nomads walk on.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's The Yoruba Name For A Kings Horse Hair Fly Whisk? / Alaafin Aole Curse On Afonja / Tiv Language Dictionary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.