Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Somali Independence Day - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Somali Independence Day (6970 Views)

Somali Men Appreciation Thread / Why Aren't Somali Woman In Hollywood???? / Naija Girls Before And After Independence (photo). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Somali Independence Day by Nobody: 4:18am On Jul 16, 2015
Ajuran stop insulting people!!

To the others

According to Ethiopian history north Somalia was at one point in time Christian
Muslim Harari, Afar, Somali, some Oromo and Habesha people there broke off from the Abyssinian kingdom
and created Ifat and Adal sultanate
Abyssinia and Adal were at war for hundreds of years but the wars were stopped by the Oromo expansion
from the south. We are all one people in z horn of Africa that is why if you go to Addis Ababa people
don't mention their ethnicity anywhere.

Also the first man to export coffee from Ethiopia was from Harar like myself. His name was Mohamed Hobsadey
he was Somali and his company still makes coffee. Search Harrar Horse or Moka Harrar.

3 Likes

Re: Somali Independence Day by Ajuran: 6:24am On Jul 16, 2015
Ethiomali:

To the others

Muslim Harari, Afar, Somali, some Oromo and Habesha people there broke off from the Abyssinian kingdom
Abyssinia and Adal were at war for hundreds of years but the wars were stopped by the Oromo expansion
from the south. We are all one people in z horn of Africa that is why if you go to Addis Ababa people

Also the first man to export coffee from Ethiopia was from Harar like myself. His name was Mohamed Hobsadey
he was Somali and his company still makes coffee. Search Harrar Horse or Moka Harrar.

Thanks for pointing out the truth. These idiots keep thinking ethiopia is a race. Ethiopia is a nationality. The ethnic groups in the horn use to make up that nationality, some just split apart after they became Muslim. Harar is heavily influenced by Somalis, it was Somalis who spread Islam to ethiopia.
Re: Somali Independence Day by gallivant: 7:03am On Jul 16, 2015
Ajuran:

Dude Somalis and Afars are the only Cushitic people who are nomads in the horn. the coffee that you know today that is drinkable was made by arabs. but the actual beans were discovered in Ethiopia.

It is also true that 1/3 of the land in ethiopia is inhabited by Somalis, its called the Ogaden. Read a map.

Listen clown, Abyssinia did not encompass all of modern Ethiopia. Read a book. You a Somali, stick to Somali history before you embarass yourself once again.

1 Like

Re: Somali Independence Day by Ajuran: 7:13am On Jul 16, 2015
gallivant:

Listen clown, Abyssinia did not encompass all of modern Ethiopia. Read a book. You a Somali, stick to Somali history before you embarass yourself once again.

your an idiot. most of what is now Abyssinia was controlled by ethnic Somalis during the Conquest of Ethiopia, where Somalis/Ottoman/Arabs fought against Abyssinia/Portugal. We won. Thus why most of the land in Ethiopia is inhabited by Muslims, and 1/3 of the land is inhabited by Somalis.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During the 16th century, Imam Ahmad ibn Ibrahim al-Ghazi (Ahmad Gurey or Gragn) led a Conquest of Abyssinia (Futuh al-Habash), which brought three-quarters of the Christian polity under the power of the Muslim Adal Sultanate.[1][2] With an army mainly composed of Somalis,[3] Al-Ghazi's forces and their Ottoman allies came close to extinguishing the ancient Ethiopian kingdom. However, the Abyssinians managed to secure the assistance of Cristóvão da Gama's Portuguese troops and maintain their domain's autonomy. Both polities in the process exhausted their resources and manpower, which resulted in the contraction of both powers and changed regional dynamics for centuries to come. Many historians trace the origins of hostility between Somalia and Ethiopia to this war.[4] Some scholars also argue that this conflict proved, through their use on both sides, the value of firearms such as the matchlock musket, cannons and the arquebus over traditional weapons.[5]

Re: Somali Independence Day by gallivant: 8:03am On Jul 16, 2015
Ethiomali:

To the others

Ajuran, can you be any less obvious.This is pathetic! Lol
Re: Somali Independence Day by gallivant: 8:13am On Jul 16, 2015
Ajuran:

your an idiot. most of what is now Abyssinia was controlled by ethnic Somalis during the Conquest of Ethiopia, where Somalis/Ottoman/Arabs fought against Abyssinia/Portugal. We won. Thus why most of the land in Ethiopia is inhabited by Muslims, and 1/3 of the land is inhabited by Somalis.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You control nothing, even in the Ogaden you take orders.Somalis only inhabit Kenya and Ethiopia because the colonial borders were drawn in Europe. Somalis have never advanced outside their traditional lands like bantus and Nilotes, you would have been squashed. Most of these lands are also arid and pretty much useless, hence the nomadic flex.Tell us how you controlled Abyssinia when Italians with superior weapons failed? Enlighten us!

1 Like

Re: Somali Independence Day by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 16, 2015
Ajuran:

Ethiopia is actually a diverse country. The people who you are referring to are the Afroasiatic Amahara, Tigrey, Oromo, Somali.....
there are others in Ethiopia who look like people in west africa.

The forehead is square and looks noble. Anyway, I dont know why Blacks thirst over Ethiopians. Even though many Ethiopians are
Christians, they hate and have enslaved Blacks simply cause of their features for hundreds of years.

Crazy world we live in. lol

WELL, I SAID THEY WERE BLAZING, I DIDNT SAY THEY COMPARE TO THE GIRLS WE HAVE HERE IN NORTHERN NIGERIA, NOT EVEN CLOSE.

YOUR FOREHEADS ARE BIG AND REPULSIVE. MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE MUTANTS.

AND MY PEOPLE HAVE NEVER BEEN SLAVES, INFACT, WE USED TO BE SLAVE TRADERS AND EVEN THE BRITS NEVER ACTUALLY RULED US, CHECK THE HISTORY BOOKS. ITS SURPRISING THEYRE CHRISTIANS THOUGH COINCEDENTALLY I MET A RECENT CONVERT TO THE DEEN WHO TOLD ME HE HASNT TOLD ANYONE YET, IT WAS BEAUTIFUL, WHAT HE SAID.

CRAZY WORLD INDEED!

1 Like

Re: Somali Independence Day by Ajuran: 7:35pm On Jul 16, 2015
RagnarLodbrok:

WELL, I SAID THEY WERE BLAZING, I DIDNT SAY THEY COMPARE TO THE GIRLS WE HAVE HERE IN NORTHERN NIGERIA, NOT EVEN CLOSE.

YOUR FOREHEADS ARE BIG AND REPULSIVE. MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE MUTANTS.

AND MY PEOPLE HAVE NEVER BEEN SLAVES, INFACT, WE USED TO BE SLAVE TRADERS AND EVEN THE BRITS NEVER ACTUALLY RULED US, CHECK THE HISTORY BOOKS. ITS SURPRISING THEYRE CHRISTIANS THOUGH COINCEDENTALLY I MET A RECENT CONVERT TO THE DEEN WHO TOLD ME HE HASNT TOLD ANYONE YET, IT WAS BEAUTIFUL, WHAT HE SAID.

CRAZY WORLD INDEED!

Whatever you say. Your not the first to talk about Women from the Horn. You guys have inferiority complex.
Re: Somali Independence Day by Rivertemz: 8:08pm On Jul 16, 2015
Ajuran:

Whatever you say. Your not the first to talk about Women from the Horn. You guys have inferiority complex.

LOOL the first?? Your the one who shoves your women in our Post feeds. Get off nairaland, you're not wanted!

1 Like

Re: Somali Independence Day by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 16, 2015
Ajuran:

hmmm. inferior to a horner? loooooool! stay off the happy juice.
Re: Somali Independence Day by Ajuran: 4:50am On Jul 17, 2015
RagnarLodbrok:

hmmm. inferior to a horner? loooooool! stay off the happy juice.

keep worshiping our women
Re: Somali Independence Day by Ajuran: 4:52am On Jul 17, 2015
Rivertemz:

LOOL the first?? Your the one who shoves your women in our Post feeds. Get off nairaland, you're not wanted!

i found this place cause of google searches of bantus worshipping our women
Re: Somali Independence Day by gallivant: 5:32am On Jul 17, 2015
You are mistaken, we dont worship refugees.Come to Nairobi and Addis and Somali women will worship you for a few shillings. grin
Re: Somali Independence Day by Nobody: 5:47am On Jul 17, 2015
Ajuran:

keep worshiping our women

Lol! Like I said, can't even compare them to the women here in Northern Nigeria. P.s the Somalis are out of the equation, like I said big foreheads.

2 Likes

Re: Somali Independence Day by Rivertemz: 10:43am On Jul 17, 2015
Re: Somali Independence Day by Rivertemz: 10:44am On Jul 17, 2015
Ajuran:

i found this place cause of google searches of bantus worshipping our women
That's where you are wrong.They weren't worshipping your women as you wish they were, just like they do for all kinds of women, including our own they were just admiring.
But there were just 1 or 2 old threads of admiration that weren't that popular...UNTIL you as a fool joined on ! You brought more BS and came with taunting and racist remarks. You got somalinet involved and they banned you once, I've heard you're in other forums causing the same havoc.
Yours a plague. Stop spreading lies.

1 Like

Re: Somali Independence Day by Ajuran: 4:42pm On Jul 17, 2015
Rivertemz:

That's where you are wrong.They weren't worshipping your women as you wish they were, just like they do for all kinds of women, including our own they were just admiring.
But there were just 1 or 2 old threads of admiration that weren't that popular...UNTIL you as a fool joined on ! You brought more BS and came with taunting and racist remarks. You got somalinet involved and they banned you once, I've heard you're in other forums causing the same havoc.
Yours a plague. Stop spreading lies.

There are many threads with hundreds of comments discussing somalis/ethiopians/eritrean women, our DNA, language, history.....there are hundreds of other threads on black websites all over the net. This is a normal phenomenon that anyone who looks at the horn of africa will easily find. The worshipping of Horn africans comes from a deep rooted and seeded need to worship our accomplishments and use it to look favorable in the eyes of white people who see Blacks as ugly, subhuman and slaves with no history.

keep worshiping me slave
Re: Somali Independence Day by gallivant: 5:32pm On Jul 17, 2015
Enlighten us on how Somalis controlled Abyssinia and quit with the monkey business! wink
Re: Somali Independence Day by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 18, 2015
gallivant:

Ajuran, can you be any less obvious.This is pathetic! Lol

Im not Ajuran
Re: Somali Independence Day by Puntite: 9:56pm On Jul 18, 2015
Ethiomali:

To the others

Posting bulshitt revisionism history i see! Hahahah

Lool! We are one people in the horn? Ok too Big of a stretch here

Ajuran walaal caadi iska dhig!
Re: Somali Independence Day by Puntite: 9:58pm On Jul 18, 2015
gallivant:
Enlighten us on how Somalis controlled Abyssinia and quit with the monkey business! wink

With all respect he is not lying even

The Habeshas themselves will tell you that somalis conquered medieval abyssinia during the 16century

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yELShWx24DI

There is Even a book about it called The conquest of abyssinia

[img]http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=JN.FyfDgSLW8c2ostENCqm%2FcA[/img]

http://www.amazon.com/Futuh-Al-Habasha-Conquest-Abyssinia-Al-Habasa/dp/0972317252#

Medieval Somali king ahmed gurey conquered abyssinia.

1 Like

Re: Somali Independence Day by Puntite: 10:04pm On Jul 18, 2015
gallivant:

Emm. He never did Say that tho. He was just pointing out that in modern ethiopia somalis own the most land of any ethnic group!

Look at the ethnic map for yourself

[img]http://www.geocurrents.info/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Ethiopia-Religion-Map1.png[/img]

See so he isnt wrong! Ethiopia is just a nationality tho.
Re: Somali Independence Day by gallivant: 11:34pm On Jul 18, 2015
Puntite:

Emm. He never did Say that tho. He was just pointing out that in modern ethiopia somalis own the most land of any ethnic group!

Look at the ethnic map for yourself

[img]http://www.geocurrents.info/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Ethiopia-Religion-Map1.png[/img]

See so he isnt wrong! Ethiopia is just a nationality tho.
Re: Somali Independence Day by gallivant: 11:37pm On Jul 18, 2015
Somalia is a failed state tho, who cares about ultranationalist revisionist history? Every society has one, but facts remain facts.Quit while you can is my advice to you. wink
Re: Somali Independence Day by Puntite: 12:18am On Jul 19, 2015
gallivant:
Somalia is a failed state tho, who cares about ultranationalist revisionist history? Every society has one, but facts remain facts.Quit while you can is my advice to you. wink

Ur a weirdo wallah! Who is talking about somalia as a state today?

Keep self projecting urself unto people.

You do realize that the book was written by a author in the 16 century so it's not new.
somalis conquering abyssinia is well accepted and documented. Me revising history would be to change this fact

It's not my fault you suffer from inferiority so you deny it on that basis.

But believe what you want tho!
Re: Somali Independence Day by ArtanK(m): 4:22am On Jul 19, 2015
Ethiomali:

To the others

North Somalia was not completely Christian. I agree with the rest though.

Puntite, Oromia is only 35% Christian and almost 50% Muslim.

3 Likes

Re: Somali Independence Day by Ajuran: 8:21am On Jul 19, 2015
Artan, long time no see. Sup saxib. cheesy
Re: Somali Independence Day by Ajuran: 8:24am On Jul 19, 2015
Ethiomali:

Im not Ajuran

He is not me cheesy
Re: Somali Independence Day by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 26, 2015
Puntite:

Posting bulshitt revisionism history i see! Hahahah

Lool! We are one people in the horn? Ok too Big of a stretch here

Ajuran walaal caadi iska dhig!

I'm not Ajuran and please explain to me what is wrong with what I said
Re: Somali Independence Day by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 26, 2015
ArtanK:

North Somalia was not completely Christian. I agree with the rest though.

Puntite, Oromia is only 35% Christian and almost 50% Muslim.

Brother I went to a Somali event in London a couple of months ago and we had Dr Sada Mire on video call. She said they uncovered stones with Sabaean scripts that were talking about Jesus in north Somalia.

It is not the first time they find traces of christianity in Somalia they have found other artifacts as well according to the doctor.
Re: Somali Independence Day by Ajuran: 1:03am On Jul 28, 2015
Ethiomali:

I'm not Ajuran and please explain to me what is wrong with what I said

Lol, the irony, You came here to kiss their a55, and they now think u are me. grin
Re: Somali Independence Day by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 29, 2015
Ajuran:

Lol, the irony, You came here to kiss their a55, and they now think u are me. grin

We want nothing to do with you, that is not kissing ass.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's The Difference Between Calabar And Akwa Ibom Apart From Location? / Why Weren't/aren't There Any Tribes In Europe? / Deji Of Akure Deposed And Banished From Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.