Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,845 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Somali Men Appreciation Thread - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Somali Men Appreciation Thread (18628 Views)

How Many Of You Know About The Somali Slave Trade Of Blacks? / Beauty Of Somali Women / Why Aren't Somali Woman In Hollywood???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Somali Men Appreciation Thread by Somguy: 3:14am On Apr 23, 2016
In light of the recent thread, where some deranged bimbo was negatively stereotyping us Somali men because of a few trolls, I've decided to make this thread to show images of men, whom I know most women here would find attractive despite what they say.

I'm a Somali male and I've always received plenty of attention from West African women as have my brothers. I've never had problems with women of other races either and my last girlfriend was an Arab woman from Lebanon. My brother is currently dating an Albanian woman and he has dated Arab, Turkish, Kurdish and white women in the past. We don't all look like that dude from "Captain Phillips". Just like all Nigerian men do not look like this dude:

As for Somali women preferring Nigerian/West African men over us, then that's just a laughable claim. The vast majority of Somali women will look for a Somali man to marry. That's true for all ethnicities; people will generally look for someone from a similar background to settle down with. Heck, the other day I even came across a Reddit group where a bunch of Somali apostates (atheists) were whining about the fact that there weren't enough Somali atheist men for them to choose from. Even the non-Muslim Somali women will go through the hassle of trying to find a non-Muslim Somali male than to settle for a non-Muslim foreigner! Lol that should tell you something.

There is a small minority of women who prefer to be with Arab or white men, and an even smaller minority who love other black men.
Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by Somguy: 3:20am On Apr 23, 2016
R

Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by Somguy: 3:22am On Apr 23, 2016
G

Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by Somguy: 3:24am On Apr 23, 2016
O

Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by Nobody: 3:24am On Apr 23, 2016
What you said was fine, until..

Somali women generally tend to practically be worshipped by other black men

Umm, what?

Us Somali men appreciate our women but we have too much dignity to lower ourselves to the level of some of these other men who will even degrade their own women to get with Somali women

You realize only a very small minority of black men are even interested in Somali women?
Don't ever let the internet fool you, bro. Might seem like alot but I can assure you it certainly isn't.

Other than that, I agree with you for the most part.

1 Like

Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by Somguy: 3:25am On Apr 23, 2016
T

Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by Somguy: 3:27am On Apr 23, 2016
blah93:
What you said was fine, until..

Umm, what?

You realize only a very small minority of black men are even interested in Somali women?
Don't ever let the internet fool you, bro. Might seem like alot but I can assure you it certainly isn't.

Other than that, I agree with you for the most part.

Not saying this to degrade anyone, but there are too many fools online and in the real world who worship women from the horn. Many of them have become stuck-up and arrogant from all of this attention. The reality is that yes, many of our women are super-attractive, but then so are many West African women. I personally love dark skinned West African sisters. I'm very attracted to them.

It's very messed up how some of them even degrade their women. I have heard from several Somali and Ethiopian women that they have been approached by black men men who have insulted their own women in front of them.

1 Like

Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by Somguy: 3:37am On Apr 23, 2016
H

Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by Somguy: 3:38am On Apr 23, 2016
T

Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by Somguy: 3:39am On Apr 23, 2016
G

Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by Somguy: 3:40am On Apr 23, 2016
P

Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by Somguy: 3:41am On Apr 23, 2016
H

Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by Somguy: 3:42am On Apr 23, 2016
Y

Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by Somguy: 3:43am On Apr 23, 2016
G

Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by Somguy: 3:44am On Apr 23, 2016
P

Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by Somguy: 3:46am On Apr 23, 2016
K

Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by Somguy: 3:47am On Apr 23, 2016
K
J

Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by Somguy: 3:48am On Apr 23, 2016
H

Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by Somguy: 3:49am On Apr 23, 2016
J

Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by Somguy: 3:51am On Apr 23, 2016
C

Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by Somguy: 3:57am On Apr 23, 2016
We're not all a bunch of fobs who look like that Barkhad dude from Captain Phillips lol.

And that bimbo had the nerve to call us "feminine" when the fact is that we're one of the most warlike people in the whole Africa. If anything, we need a touch of feminity in order to calm us down.

Even the British colonialists noted how fearless we were. The first country in Africa to get bombed by British planes was Somalia. That's the only way they could stop the so called "mad mullah" and the Darwish movement.

Do not let our slim frame fool you. Our bodies are slim and elongated because that's how God created us to survive in the climate that we come from. It has nothing to do with masculinity. Most of us can gain weight easily by consuming excess calories and weightlifting.

All people have negative stereotypes about them. You claimed we were all bucktoothed, yet i could easily have stereotyped you all as short, pitch black, big nosed and yellow-eyed. Sort of like this guy:

Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by Somguy: 4:02am On Apr 23, 2016
As for some women complaining about their men, then that's not exclusive to Somalis. There are African American and even Nigerian women who constantly whine about their men online. It's a form of self-hate which is not exclusive to any one group.
Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by Nobody: 4:08am On Apr 23, 2016
I saw through you right from your first post. you did not deceive me for a single second, little small fry. It seems all the "good" somalis are starting to show their true colors, heck i'm starting to question my so called somali friends. And please, if you have something to say, please be straight forward and say it, not hide it behind cryptic texts with clear undertones of hypocrisy.

4 Likes

Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by Somguy: 4:22am On Apr 23, 2016
VomeSchakleton:
I saw through you right from your first post. you did not deceive me for a single second, little small fry. It seems all the "good" somalis are starting to show their true colors, heck i'm starting to question my so called somali friends. And please, if you have something to say, please be straight forward and say it, not hide it behind cryptic texts with clear undertones of hypocrisy.

I have no reason to hide anything. It's not like anyone here can do anything to me.

I have no issues with Nigerians, but I am not going to take any bullshit from anyone. None of you corrected that silly troll. At least have the common decency to acknowledge that he/she was wrong for degrading us.

And I haven't said anything here that's offensive to ordinary Nigerians. If you were offended, them perhaps you're one of those losers who worships foreign women and hate their own.
Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by Nobody: 4:33am On Apr 23, 2016
Somguy:

I have no reason to hide anything. It's not like anyone here can do anything to me.

I have no issues with Nigerians, but I am not going to take any bullshit from anyone. None of you corrected that silly troll.

And I haven't said anything here that's offensive to ordinary Nigerians. If you were offended, them perhaps you're one of those losers who worships foreign women and hate their own.

I posted the picture with barkhad abdi, i wasn't trolling, i was giving her a taste of her medicine. so i don't appreciate you calling me silly or a troll. secondly, unlike you who's trying to make dating an Arab or an Albanian as an accomplishment, obvious signs of self hate, i too i'm dating an arab but not because i don't love our women, i love Hausa women and i think they are beautiful, have great personality and best of all intelligent. i'm a victim of circumstance due to the fact that there are few of them where i am right now and i would actually prefer a Hausa woman if only to please my parents. subsequently, i think you should allow your women to defend you and create appreciation threads, not only is it more befitting but i think they'd have a better sense of what is attractive and whats not because from the pictures you posted here you're not doing your country men any favors. but i guess, beauty is subjective.

4 Likes

Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by Eritrean(f): 5:41am On Apr 23, 2016
wow! Handsome Somali men cheesy

Where i live there is a small Somali community and me and my friends always sit at a park closeby and we noticed how freaking good looking the men are when they pass us by hahaha

2 Likes

Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by Flexherbal(m): 5:51am On Apr 23, 2016
OK. You have made your point.

1 Like

Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by Somguy: 6:19am On Apr 23, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

I posted the picture with barkhad abdi, i wasn't trolling, i was giving her a taste of her medicine. so i don't appreciate you calling me silly or a troll. secondly, unlike you who's trying to make dating an Arab or an Albanian as an accomplishment, obvious signs of self hate, i too i'm dating an arab but not because i don't love our women, i love Hausa women and i think they are beautiful, have great personality and best of all intelligent. i'm a victim of circumstance due to the fact that there are few of them where i am right now and i would actually prefer a Hausa woman if only to please my parents. subsequently, i think you should allow your women to defend you and create appreciation threads, not only is it more befitting but i think they'd have a better sense of what is attractive and whats not because from the pictures you posted here you're not doing your country men any favors. but i guess, beauty is subjective.

No self-hate. Just refuting the silly myth that we're all a bunch of Barkhads. You can't blame me for responding to your BS in kind. I actually even restrained myself more than I should've since, unlike you, I don't want to stoop to the level of blatant insults. I have been very balanced from the moment I came and I have shown you and your culture nothing but respect and admiration. I've tried to turn a blind eye to the hate and disrespect from your side, and I've tried to excuse it by blaming it on the trolls. That stupid thread was the last straw for me.

And nobody from the senior posters even corrected you, which makes it even more disappointing. Me and some of the normal Somali posters only came here to counteract the filthy racist trolls, but still you expect us to turn a blind eye to the blatant hate and disrespect that we see from the posters here. It's like some of you just want an excuse to insult us.

You expect this kind of bullshit from trolls, not from "normal" people like the rest of you. And now you're trying to turn this back on me as if I'm the one who insulted millions of innocent people because of the actions of a one or two trolls who have multiple accounts.

And I posted the photos of some average Joes that I found on social media. Only one or two of those dudes are models.

I love Nigerian women and would never dream of insulting them. What I stated about self-hating West African men who drool over women from the horn and degrade their own women is absolutely true. Ask anyone of the women here. I see so many horner women with super-inflated egoes because of this silliness. I can't even count the number of times I have seen threads that are solely dedicated to Eritrean, Ethiopian and Somali women on African/African American sites. It's very sickening.

I'm not a racist and I don't even mind if Nigerians want to date women from my country. It's not like we own them. But make no mistake, the vast majority of them would still choose us over you simply because we are more compatible. Even if we were the ugliest dudes on earth, there is far more to a relationship that just looks. For instance African Americans are generally good-looking people, yet most Africans won't date them due to some serious issues that they have in that community.
Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by Nobody: 6:29am On Apr 23, 2016
Somguy:

No self-hate. Just refuting the silly myth that we're all a bunch of Barkhads. You can't blame me for responding to your BS in kind.

And nobody from the senior posters even corrected you, which makes it even more disappointing. Me and some of the normal Somali posters only came here to counteract the filthy racist trolls, but still you expect us to turn a blind eye to the blatant hate and disrespect that we see from the posters here. It's like some of you just want an excuse to insult us.

You expect this kind of bullshit from trolls, not from "normal" people like the rest of you. And now you're trying to turn this back on me as if I'm the one who insulted millions of innocent people because of the actions of a one or two trolls who have multiple accounts.

And I posted the photos of some average Joes that I found on social media. Only one or two of those dudes are models.

You didn't seem to care when Nigerians were all dubbed as deformed mutants, I didn't see you correcting your brothers then. I guess it's more painful when you're on the receiving end. And if you read the thread carefully, you'd see where I specifically explained that I was only returning you and your countrymens gestures in kind. Looks are the least of my problems, but I fvcking despise hypocrites, and so far that's the only trait you and all your other compatriots have been exhibiting.

3 Likes

Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by Somguy: 6:33am On Apr 23, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

You didn't seem to care when Nigerians were all dubbed as deformed mutants, I didn't see you correcting your brothers then. I guess it's more painful when you're on the receiving end. And if you read the thread carefully, you'd see where I specifically explained that I was only returning you and your countrymens gestures in kind. Looks are the least of my problems, but I fvcking despise hypocrites, and so far that's the only trait you and all your other compatriots have been exhibiting.

You clearly didn't see the threads that I created where I actually stood up for Nigerians and insulted the trolls. I've been following these losers around, trying to clean up after them as much as I could. What more do you want from me? You want me to bow down to you and take your crap? Go take that BS somewhere else, I don't have to take anything from you.
Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by Somguy: 6:36am On Apr 23, 2016
I understand the urge and need to stand up for your people. I also believe in eye for an eye so I've tried to overlook most of the hate that you've sent our way and blamed it on the trolls for antagonising you. But every man has his breaking point.

You're Hausa, which means that our people have a lot in common both linguistically, genetically, culturally and religiously. I have no hate for your people or any other Nigerian ethnic group. But you can't expect me to just bow down and take any kind of crap that you throw at me.
Re: Somali Men Appreciation Thread by Nobody: 6:50am On Apr 23, 2016
Somguy:

You clearly didn't see the threads that I created where I actually stood up for Nigerians and insulted the trolls. I've been following these losers around, trying to clean up after them as much as I could. What more do you want from me? You want me to bow down to you and take your crap? Go take that BS somewhere else, I don't have to take anything from you.

And what exactly have I done so far that falls under the category of 'crap'? You don't have to take anything from me, you don't owe me anything, my point is, you and your compatriots have painted a very disturbing and grotesque picture of Somalis, heck the friends I have, I'm starting to question because you all are starting to seem like slimy snakes to me.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Are The Agbo (Legbo) People Of Cross River State? / Videos And Pictures From Igbo Cultural Festivals. / How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.