Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,912 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

My Opinion: Unbiblical Attitudes Of T.B Joshua On The Widower's Tithes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Opinion: Unbiblical Attitudes Of T.B Joshua On The Widower's Tithes (534 Views)

T.B. Joshua Welcomed By Ecuador Military Generals (Photo) / I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? / TB Joshua Returns The Tithe Of A Widower And Father Of 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Opinion: Unbiblical Attitudes Of T.B Joshua On The Widower's Tithes by Treash(m): 7:19am On Jul 12, 2015
With respect to d Nigerian public philanthropist and cleric,Prophet T.B. Joshua,it was totally wrong & unscriptural for him to reject d tithes of d widower who wanted to pay his percentage to God, on d ground dat d prophet was compassionate enough on d poor widower. Everybody was admonished in Malachi 3:10 to bring ALL tithes to God's house,without exempting anybody. No pastor is permited to hinder other ppls blessing(tithes),coz it propels God to shower His blessing on d giver. T.B Joshua thought he was doing dat man a favor bt totally wrong.Heb. 11:6 says God(Not T.B. Joshua) is d ONLY Rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. Pastor Adeboye says wen he was a younger pastor,he once refuses to use a woman's car dat was offered to him as gift, until he was convinced by God to use it, coz rejecting d gift is hindering d woman's blessing. Our God capitalises on giving. T.B Joshua was right to shower gifts to d poor widower in return, yet wrong to hav rejected his tithes. Though gifts shouldnt be accepted for ulterior motives, but where tithes is being offered in a church, no pastor is allowed to reject it,coz it is offered to God,not to the Pastor.
Re: My Opinion: Unbiblical Attitudes Of T.B Joshua On The Widower's Tithes by INTROVERT(f): 7:20am On Jul 12, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: My Opinion: Unbiblical Attitudes Of T.B Joshua On The Widower's Tithes by fatdon2(m): 7:23am On Jul 12, 2015
Op nice write up.
Re: My Opinion: Unbiblical Attitudes Of T.B Joshua On The Widower's Tithes by manutdadex(m): 7:24am On Jul 12, 2015
op u have a point… dont u think God is blessing her with what Tb did? and our God ways are dynamic…
Re: My Opinion: Unbiblical Attitudes Of T.B Joshua On The Widower's Tithes by mytime24(f): 7:25am On Jul 12, 2015
INTROVERT:
Hmmmm
MtN
Re: My Opinion: Unbiblical Attitudes Of T.B Joshua On The Widower's Tithes by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 12, 2015
I agree with you op. He should have received the tithe and if he wanted to give anything to the man, then, he should have done that from his own purse. This is not the first time he is returning tithes. Tithes are for God and His work except where the person receives a different instruction from God, and not for man
Re: My Opinion: Unbiblical Attitudes Of T.B Joshua On The Widower's Tithes by markidoo(m): 7:44am On Jul 12, 2015
Give n it will come back to u,good measures,pressed down,shaken together,running over,when u give u give to the Lord.
Re: My Opinion: Unbiblical Attitudes Of T.B Joshua On The Widower's Tithes by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 12, 2015
Op, Hebrews 11:6. Hmm! Pastor Indeed. You Put Yourself In The Place Of God To Judge The Man?
Re: My Opinion: Unbiblical Attitudes Of T.B Joshua On The Widower's Tithes by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 12, 2015
The tithe doctrine in churches today is a false doctrine and christians are not supposed to pay tithes in the first instance. Nothing wrong with what Tb joshua did.
Re: My Opinion: Unbiblical Attitudes Of T.B Joshua On The Widower's Tithes by Kyase(m): 11:46am On Jul 12, 2015
divAnnie:
I agree with you op. He should have received the tithe and if he wanted to give anything to the man, then, he should have done that from his own purse. This is not the first time he is returning tithes. Tithes are for God and His work except where the person receives a different instruction from God, and not for man
and who will using the money in place of god?

(1) (Reply)

Yesterday In History / Wikipedia Changed Obama's Religion From Christianity To Protestantism / Pin=bvn=666

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.