Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,587 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (980 Views)

Edo Pastor Caught Sleeping With Married Woman In Church Office (Pics, Video) / January 27th Keeps Ringing Bells In My Head – Prophet Emmanuel Omale / Mbaka: One Kobo Of Buhari's Money Has Never Entered My Hand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by digitalgeorgy(m): 12:33pm On Jul 12, 2015
B
Re: . by Abdullateef77(m): 12:36pm On Jul 12, 2015
Re: . by Princecalm(m): 12:36pm On Jul 12, 2015
apart from overcoming the temptation, it still shows you should not be proud about what you can.
Re: . by SirLegal(m): 12:50pm On Jul 12, 2015
digitalgeorgy:
Its been awhile i posted or commented on nairaland, i just feel like trying that...
I went to church today, i got alittle sermon that got me thinking.

Jesus Christ fasted for 30days and 30nights before going to the wilderness to be tempted by the devil, He was hungry, thirsty and tired. As a hungry man, He needed food to break His fast, and the devil knew it and capitalized on it.
My question is what if its not the devil that asked him to "turn stone to bread", do you think its wrong if He did it to quench His hunger??
Since He was hungry, He had the power and He was done with his fasting,

Nna mehn, OP I no understand you oh. Which Bible you de use first make I know. The Jesus in OUR Bible fasted for 40 days and 40 nights. Ur own Jesus come de fast for 30 days HABA.....

Abi you de see or write double? Oya check am again.
Re: . by ayoku777(m): 12:51pm On Jul 12, 2015
digitalgeorgy:
Its been awhile i posted or commented on nairaland, i just feel like trying that...
I went to church today, i got alittle sermon that got me thinking.

Jesus Christ fasted for 30days and 30nights before going to the wilderness to be tempted by the devil, He was hungry, thirsty and tired. As a hungry man, He needed food to break His fast, and the devil knew it and capitalized on it.
My question is what if its not the devil that asked him to "turn stone to bread", do you think its wrong if He did it to quench His hunger??
Since He was hungry, He had the power and He was done with his fasting,

Personally I don't think there is anything wrong in turning stone to bread. Jesus turned water to wine; and that is same miracle.

If Jesus had turned stone to bread at any other time it would have been fine and ok. But I believe He refused doing it at this time for two reasons.

1. It was the devil asking Him to do it. You are the servant of whom you obey. And Jesus would not take instructions from the devil.

That's the whole idea of overcoming temptations -not yielding to the devil and his fleshy demands.

2: Miracles are not for self-validation. The devil asked to turn stone to bread to prove that He was the Son of God.

The power of God is not for self-validation. It is to destroy the works of the devil, meet the needs of people and glorify God.

Jesus could turn stone to bread and nothing would be wrong with it. But He would not do it at the command of the devil, or do it for self-validation.

There maybe more reasons though.

And Jesus fasted for 40days and nights not 30.

Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: . by digitalgeorgy(m): 1:41pm On Jul 12, 2015
SirLegal:

Nna mehn, OP I no understand you oh. Which Bible you de use first make I know. The Jesus in OUR Bible fasted for 40 days and 40 nights. Ur own Jesus come de fast for 30 days HABA.....

Abi you de see or write double? Oya check am again.
oya! the correct has been done, do you mind answering the question?

(1) (Reply)

Hilarious Image That Made Many Changed Their Beliefs On Facebook (pics) / Transgender Or Homosexuality Which Is More Of An Abomination / The Book Of Truth That Saves You From Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.