Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Asiwaju Saved Jonathan Life, Made Him President - Col Tony Nyiam Explodes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Asiwaju Saved Jonathan Life, Made Him President - Col Tony Nyiam Explodes (3053 Views)

Col Tony Nyiam Slams Fashola, Praises Ambode / Jonathan’s Life After Aso Rock- Daily Trust / Buhari Must Avoid Jonathan's Mistake In Fighting Tinubu-Colonel Nyiam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asiwaju Saved Jonathan Life, Made Him President - Col Tony Nyiam Explodes by BABSIN(m): 3:25pm On Jul 12, 2015
"At that time, it was feared that if Jonathan refused to resign after the death of Yar’Adua , he will become a wasted mate­rial. Asiwaju played a role in en­suring that did not happen. I say this, because I was in­volved as well." Col. T. Nyiam

Excerpt From his Interview[b] "Buhari Has been Caged"[/b]

How do you look at the movement from the South-west led by Asiwaju Tinubu which teamed-up with the North to produce Buhari? What are the shortcomings and strengths in the alli­ance?

I don’t think I want to go into that. Asiwaju played a critical role in contributing to Jonathan being made acting president. At one point, Asiwaju was actually involved in contingencies to save Jonathan’s life . At that time, it was feared that if Jonathan refused to resign after the death of Yar’Adua , he will become a wasted mate­rial. Asiwaju played a role in en­suring that did not happen. I say this, because I was in­volved as well. Another colleague of mine and I were involved in the benevolence, patriotism and na­tionalism of Asiwaju. Asiwaju also played a key role in 2011 with the Oba of Lagos and one or two per­sonalities I wouldn’t want to men­tion just now. They played a part in ensuring that Asiwaju helped to convince the South-west to help Jonathan. Why am I repeating all this? I am doing so, because Presi­dent Buhari should not make the mistake that was made.

What mistake are you talk­ing about?

[b]After Asiwaju rendered all this help, he was paid back in a way that was not befitting of the assis­tance he gave. It was not the fault of ex-president Jonathan; it was the fault of his aides. The key aide who was supposed to facilitate some of the things to pay back did not do it. To the point that…

(cuts in) Was it financial?

I will like to leave it at that. Not so much financial. I would like to leave it at that. Instead, rumours were being peddled that Asiwaju was paid back with some money, which wasn’t true. The person who was supposed to do certain things did not do so. I had in a lec­ture I delivered in the [/b]East warned that the way the South west was being treated by Jonathan’s regime would not help his government.

I raised the alarm that the first 12 people in the hierarchy of pro­tocol i.e the president down the line to the 12th, there was no Yo­ruba figure in it. I said then that it was dangerous for any govern­ment to ignore the South-west. Some of my colleagues from the Niger Delta were very angry with me for making that comment. I told them I said it in the best inter­est of Jonathan, and of course we saw the result. Asiwaju may have been forced to, as it were, go into that alliance. It was an alliance that I thought he should have gone into much more carefully than we see playing out.

I think it’s a mistake for Presi­dent Buhari to allow himself to be misled to think that those who are ganging up against the South-west would triumph .It is an open se­cret that those who want to regain power back to their people ,find the South-west, that once you’ve checkmated, divided and ruled, you can get through to the rest of the South and North central. Once you have done that, you are in con­trol. That’s what is playing out at the National Assembly and in the APC, I see it from three multi- lay­ered levels.

Superficially, what we call the wave of an ocean level, I see the contest between those who want to deepen democracy, and those who want the role of godfathers to play on .To most of us in the South,we like the deepening of democracy, but we forget that underlying that there is still the strategic. The dif­ferent zones have strategic ad­vantages. It’s in that we have to be careful not to allow ourselves to be divided. I think the South-west needs to come together for their own good. The camps in the South-west , Governor Mimiko, Asiwaju, Dr Fasehun need to come back together. You see any attempt to push Asiwaju out of the corridors of power is a rehearsal to push the South out of power for good.

Can you throw more light on that?

The hegemonists are masters of divide and rule. Here is Asiwaju Tinubu, the man who built the bridge. Make no mistake about it, without Asiwaju, Buhari could not have been in office. It was Asiwa­ju’s rallying point that gave con­fidence to Buhari’s movement. People forget that even the elite in the North were not with Buhari.

It was when Asiwaju gave them no choice, when they saw that if they did not join the bandwagon they will be left out. The creator of this bridge, the creator of this means of power is Bola Tinubu. So, for such a contributor to be set aside is really dangerous. I say this with no apologies, rather I plead with my other South-west leaders that once Asiwaju is confined, or restricted , they will come to them. So, anybody who thinks he will benefit from it will be mistaken.

On this note, I urge two par­ticular beneficiaries of Asiwaju’s human capital development ( two former governors) not to allow themselves to be used against Asi­waju Tinubu.

Read the full Story

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/col-tony-nyiam-offers-fresh-insight-on-boko-haram-insurgency-2/

1 Like

Re: Asiwaju Saved Jonathan Life, Made Him President - Col Tony Nyiam Explodes by YoungestMuller(m): 3:29pm On Jul 12, 2015
Re: Asiwaju Saved Jonathan Life, Made Him President - Col Tony Nyiam Explodes by doublewisdom: 3:29pm On Jul 12, 2015
Really?

4 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Saved Jonathan Life, Made Him President - Col Tony Nyiam Explodes by leke12(m): 3:32pm On Jul 12, 2015
K
Re: Asiwaju Saved Jonathan Life, Made Him President - Col Tony Nyiam Explodes by BABSIN(m): 3:34pm On Jul 12, 2015
YoungestMuller:
. grin grin

Cc lalasticlala
Re: Asiwaju Saved Jonathan Life, Made Him President - Col Tony Nyiam Explodes by akinszz: 3:37pm On Jul 12, 2015
Tanoids! food is ready. Come n eat....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asiwaju Saved Jonathan Life, Made Him President - Col Tony Nyiam Explodes by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 12, 2015
gud to knw
Re: Asiwaju Saved Jonathan Life, Made Him President - Col Tony Nyiam Explodes by BABSIN(m): 3:40pm On Jul 12, 2015
"It was when Asiwaju gave them no choice, when they saw that if they did not join the bandwagon they will be left out. The creator of this bridge, the creator of this means of power is Bola Tinubu. So, for such a contributor to be set aside is really dangerous."

Take it or leave..... The man ASIWAJU BOLA TINUBU is an Enigma

12 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Saved Jonathan Life, Made Him President - Col Tony Nyiam Explodes by handie(m): 3:42pm On Jul 12, 2015
This man hasn't said anything sensible @ all. Some people just talk cause others are talking.
Re: Asiwaju Saved Jonathan Life, Made Him President - Col Tony Nyiam Explodes by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 12, 2015
A known journey man after Gideon Orkah coup, Col Nyiam should go home and rest an stop using GEJs name to curry favour from IDP (internal Displaced Politician) Tinubu

4 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Saved Jonathan Life, Made Him President - Col Tony Nyiam Explodes by alaoeri: 3:46pm On Jul 12, 2015
Under rate Jagaban at your own peril, the General of common sense revolution.
Long live the political emperor of our time. cool

5 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Saved Jonathan Life, Made Him President - Col Tony Nyiam Explodes by tedio101: 4:37pm On Jul 12, 2015
OK na
Re: Asiwaju Saved Jonathan Life, Made Him President - Col Tony Nyiam Explodes by oladele97: 5:06pm On Jul 12, 2015
the deed has being done....... let ijaw blame themselves for such loss

2 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Saved Jonathan Life, Made Him President - Col Tony Nyiam Explodes by sherrylo: 5:16pm On Jul 12, 2015
Bless you Colonel!

Ashwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (jagaban bogu)
"Eni Ba pe kio te ohun lo ma te"

3 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Saved Jonathan Life, Made Him President - Col Tony Nyiam Explodes by BABSIN(m): 5:23pm On Jul 12, 2015
alaoeri:

Apt

1 Like

Re: Asiwaju Saved Jonathan Life, Made Him President - Col Tony Nyiam Explodes by LagosBoi2(m): 5:32pm On Jul 12, 2015
Really?
Re: Asiwaju Saved Jonathan Life, Made Him President - Col Tony Nyiam Explodes by chesterlee(m): 5:36pm On Jul 12, 2015
Same Asiwaju that has been sidelined his Atiku and group......SMH

At the moment SARAKI over TINUBU!!!!
Re: Asiwaju Saved Jonathan Life, Made Him President - Col Tony Nyiam Explodes by sammyj: 5:53pm On Jul 12, 2015
While the clueless one decided not to appreciate and went the way of sectional government! !! grin

3 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Saved Jonathan Life, Made Him President - Col Tony Nyiam Explodes by dayo23(f): 5:59pm On Jul 12, 2015
alaoeri:
Re: Asiwaju Saved Jonathan Life, Made Him President - Col Tony Nyiam Explodes by meforyou1(m): 6:03pm On Jul 12, 2015
There is nothing somebody will not hear in this hopeless country called Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Asiwaju Saved Jonathan Life, Made Him President - Col Tony Nyiam Explodes by dayo23(f): 6:06pm On Jul 12, 2015
chesterlee:
Same Asiwaju that has been sidelined his Atiku and group......SMH

At the moment SARAKI over TINUBU!!!!

Because of the senate president sit? Bro relax, game of politics is beyond that! Saraki might have won it for now but that doesn't put him on that level

2 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Saved Jonathan Life, Made Him President - Col Tony Nyiam Explodes by idupaul: 6:07pm On Jul 12, 2015
People should stop over estimating Tinubu please..The man is nothing but a local myth,,a local folklore told to Yoruba children

2 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Saved Jonathan Life, Made Him President - Col Tony Nyiam Explodes by gbolah1(m): 6:17pm On Jul 12, 2015
Asiwaju is a great leader, I pray Buhari didn't misled on decision making before is too late for him, delay is dangerous in reconcile with leaders of his party, all this over ambitious northerner will only truncate is government.
Tinubu is far better than all the people that are castigate him now.

3 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Saved Jonathan Life, Made Him President - Col Tony Nyiam Explodes by yorke1: 6:31pm On Jul 12, 2015
So in essence Tinubu sold out Ribadu for financial gain in 2011 and you want another northerner in the person of Buhari to trust Tinubu abi. It is a known fact that Tinubu is a very selfish person and Buhari is trying to keep him far away from him after he has used him.

In other news, it is none of my business.

3 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Saved Jonathan Life, Made Him President - Col Tony Nyiam Explodes by MisterLongman(m): 6:48pm On Jul 12, 2015
^^^^ Read before you write

1 Like

Re: Asiwaju Saved Jonathan Life, Made Him President - Col Tony Nyiam Explodes by IbokUtoroh(m): 7:04pm On Jul 12, 2015
since we shudnt sideline tinubu for all his doings sofar, i suggest we give him d post of Oga at the TOP.

1 Like

Re: Asiwaju Saved Jonathan Life, Made Him President - Col Tony Nyiam Explodes by AshiwajuFoward: 7:37pm On Jul 12, 2015
Jonathan treated Ashiwaju/SW with contempt despite fighting harder than any other person or group to ensure he became acting president after yaradua's death, but he quickly discarded him for political lightweights and paid dearly for it. Thanks to the Col. for the revelation.

1 Like

Re: Asiwaju Saved Jonathan Life, Made Him President - Col Tony Nyiam Explodes by AshiwajuFoward: 7:40pm On Jul 12, 2015
yorke1:
So in essence Tinubu sold out Ribadu for financial gain in 2011 and you want another northerner in the person of Buhari to trust Tinubu abi. It is a known fact that Tinubu is a very selfish person and Buhari is trying to keep him far away from him after he has used him.

Even if he did "sellout" Ribadu, at least he did it for a fellow Southerner to get the post instead. But you all will never see it from that angle and would prefer to villify the man regardless.

1 Like

Re: Asiwaju Saved Jonathan Life, Made Him President - Col Tony Nyiam Explodes by BABSIN(m): 8:02pm On Jul 12, 2015
AshiwajuFoward:

Even if he did "sellout" Ribadu, at least he did it for a fellow Southerner to get the post instead. But you all will never see it from that angle and would prefer to villify the man regardless.

hmm

1 Like

Re: Asiwaju Saved Jonathan Life, Made Him President - Col Tony Nyiam Explodes by januzaj(m): 8:04pm On Jul 12, 2015
yorke1:

2 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Saved Jonathan Life, Made Him President - Col Tony Nyiam Explodes by scribble: 8:34pm On Jul 12, 2015
great testament for Jonathan that he did not get into bed with slippery okpolo eyed Tinubu

And Buhari will surely follow suit

2 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Saved Jonathan Life, Made Him President - Col Tony Nyiam Explodes by scribble: 8:35pm On Jul 12, 2015
AshiwajuFoward:

then he sold out same southerner for Northerner to get it

What a role model of a sleaze bag

No wonder so many Nigerians love this guy

scum bags association

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

1st Igbo National Newspaper Unveiled Today In Owerri- Photos / Buhari And Inec Try To Change Result Pictoral Evidence / AIT Live Stream Online - Breaking News!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.