Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,543 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Top Ten Song Theft Scandals In Nigerian Music Industry .. - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top Ten Song Theft Scandals In Nigerian Music Industry .. (31302 Views)

Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? / Song Theft: I Have Not Settled My Fights With 2face, Wizkid – Blackface Insists / Singer Emma Nyra Accused Of Song Theft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ten Song Theft Scandals In Nigerian Music Industry .. by IamLEGEND1: 11:10pm On Jul 12, 2015
ComrdDRS:
Na lie 2face and blackface....... Most talk about.

i don even forget dat one sef

but e be like say d O.P na indomie-generation product as d only artists him know na dem sean tizzle, davido etc.

#YouDonOldOh!!!
Re: Top Ten Song Theft Scandals In Nigerian Music Industry .. by BERNIMOORE: 11:17pm On Jul 12, 2015
Laziness responsible for alledge song theft, ask Ebeneezer obey and ksa who released more than 200 songs, how many songs were released by these crying lazy musicians here sef?
Re: Top Ten Song Theft Scandals In Nigerian Music Industry .. by kazmanbanjoko(m): 11:25pm On Jul 12, 2015
What are they doing wen they are stealing it frm dem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Ten Song Theft Scandals In Nigerian Music Industry .. by illrhymes(m): 11:46pm On Jul 12, 2015
Watched a brief documentary on HipTV, an upcoming artiste claimed he own ShakitiBobo and the dance steps.....to prove his claims he played his video and I was astonished to the CORE! And I want to make this clear to all nairalanders and Nigeria at large BlackFace that said he wrote "African Queen" is equally a liar....... The track "African Queen" was originally sang by a Jamaican act called "Sizzla Kolonji", but the song was never online cause local jamaicans (Nayabingi's) never had the idea of promoting their songs on the web. So 2Face only stole a stolen song. I had 6 Sizzla albums, so I know what I'm talking about. Cynthia Morgan just dropped a track called "Sima Tiniya"......when I heard it, I did nothing but laughed LWKMD! It is "C - Martin - iya" a signature tune for the famous raggae artiste Christopher Martins....The "C" is for Christopher, "Martin" obviously is his 2nd name....."Iya" is a vybe he created to funkify the signature.....if you doubt me, go ahead and download 3 tracks from Christopher Martins. This originality thing is the same reason no big recording company like Sony, Def Jam or Universal will ever come to Nigeria.....they will rather go to South Africa, like we have Universal Music in S.A. All we know here in Nigeria is to fabricate, steal or reshuffle tracks and brag about wealth that we don't have online SMH.

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Song Theft Scandals In Nigerian Music Industry .. by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 12, 2015
Bonapart:
No song dia... I only listen to rap Dnt even know any name dia

The way u dey lie dey make my grandpa bald head hair dey stand. U 2 Much

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Song Theft Scandals In Nigerian Music Industry .. by DJEhimond(m): 12:46am On Jul 13, 2015
Where is my brother Terry G?
Re: Top Ten Song Theft Scandals In Nigerian Music Industry .. by Swiftboy(m): 1:09am On Jul 13, 2015
Not Blackface but Faze for the defunct Plantashun Boys group the reason why 2Face and Faze had a face off during that time shortly afte 2Baba went solo with Kennis music and Faze released 'Faze alone'. Thats the true story.
Emperortj93:
Africa queen

heard the hit song was pen by blackface but 2face stole it
Re: Top Ten Song Theft Scandals In Nigerian Music Industry .. by amacastel: 3:29am On Jul 13, 2015
The list is incomplete without the farther of them all African Queen stolen by 2face from balck face that make evrything he is today
Re: Top Ten Song Theft Scandals In Nigerian Music Industry .. by banAddict: 4:39am On Jul 13, 2015
Hotstew:

Airforce1 Search your diva is a nice song that just needs a little polishing to be a big hit. The song is not wack. I'm listening to it as I type. If u don't know what to wrote, just leave ur keyboard alone.
at the bolded, are you serious? I want to assume that's a typo 'wrote'. because that's balderdash according to the rule of 'IF' ...

About the song, lyrics just don't define songs this days. The tune, punch lines flows with the beat are what counts, which are what the track lack "we don't dance lyrics, we dance to beat' except he want to tell me his genre is r&b...

btw, have you seen kylez video? Is quite on point.

https://www.nairaland.com/2446226/nairalander-kylez-finally-releases-music
Re: Top Ten Song Theft Scandals In Nigerian Music Industry .. by Kassidy90(m): 5:41am On Jul 13, 2015
Ehnnn hnnn time to sue Korede Bello for my song..... Wetin be d name self..GODWIN.. grin

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Song Theft Scandals In Nigerian Music Industry .. by kenoz(m): 6:48am On Jul 13, 2015
Okay
Re: Top Ten Song Theft Scandals In Nigerian Music Industry .. by Temysteve(m): 7:40am On Jul 13, 2015
Ur list is nt complete ooo, Davido also stole is smashhhh hit (AYE) from Runtown
Re: Top Ten Song Theft Scandals In Nigerian Music Industry .. by Temysteve(m): 7:42am On Jul 13, 2015
I laugh in Mogadishu, skales way be say sewing machine sing pas am, na him con dey talk he get Azonto. Lolllllllll
Re: Top Ten Song Theft Scandals In Nigerian Music Industry .. by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 13, 2015
Yemike:
turn on the light by wizkid...the beat and most of the lyrics is the same as turn on the light by wiz_khalifa
Not wiz khalifa but future
Re: Top Ten Song Theft Scandals In Nigerian Music Industry .. by Calbarian(m): 8:20am On Jul 13, 2015
Awesomeking:
Thats the problem with nigeria artistes

there are songwriters and lyricists to be patronized

am a songwriter and lyricist and i know the roots of such song thefts,skales was telling the truth when he said he wrote many songs on superstar album

i am major on songwriting feild,so i can totally confirm it,its true.

The lyrical content that made wizkid is grossly missing in most of his songs today so I'm not surprised that someone else did the penning. On the contrary, Skales' songs have a lot of that content but it doesn't stop there. To turn a good song into a hit, he needs more than content. I hope he can find the missing link.
Re: Top Ten Song Theft Scandals In Nigerian Music Industry .. by Awesomeking: 8:26am On Jul 13, 2015
Calbarian:

The lyrical content that made wizkid is grossly missing in most of his songs today so I'm not surprised that someone else did the penning. On the contrary, Skales' songs have a lot of that content but it doesn't stop there. To turn a good song into a hit, he needs more than content. I hope he can find the missing link.
yeah i agree,i have to agree that skales can write a lotta good songs but is not good ar delivering the perfect sound,i used to be like that before,until i decided to find a new way to clean up my flaws,electronica autotune,i end up sounding like WILL.I.AM or T.pain at best,its good to find ones flaw and take control of it,by the way,read my signature
Re: Top Ten Song Theft Scandals In Nigerian Music Industry .. by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 13, 2015
Temysteve:
Ur list is nt complete ooo, Davido also stole is smashhhh hit (AYE) from Runtown

a list is coming on that soon

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Song Theft Scandals In Nigerian Music Industry .. by Wealthyonos(m): 9:32am On Jul 13, 2015
Even this post was copied....gbam
Re: Top Ten Song Theft Scandals In Nigerian Music Industry .. by Tundecool(m): 9:56am On Jul 13, 2015
Yemike:
turn on the light by wizkid...the beat and most of the lyrics is the same as turn on the light by wiz_khalifa

Its actually future not khakifa.
Re: Top Ten Song Theft Scandals In Nigerian Music Industry .. by gbens2000(m): 4:32pm On Jul 13, 2015
ShakurM:
If Davido's Gobe song isn't there ehn, I won't comment
u no dey see?
Re: Top Ten Song Theft Scandals In Nigerian Music Industry .. by Bonapart(m): 8:17pm On Jul 13, 2015
ghostwalker:

The way u dey lie dey make my grandpa bald head hair dey stand. U 2 Much
talk about mi, ice prince, loose kaynon, ill bliss, mode9, phyno, olamide

Then talk about me
Re: Top Ten Song Theft Scandals In Nigerian Music Industry .. by simdam500(m): 9:28pm On Jul 13, 2015
Thief Ole barawo...

shocked
Re: Top Ten Song Theft Scandals In Nigerian Music Industry .. by Yemike(m): 10:23pm On Jul 13, 2015
Mee234:

Not wiz khalifa but future
yeah, u're right i'll modify the post
Re: Top Ten Song Theft Scandals In Nigerian Music Industry .. by sherifyoz: 10:36pm On Jul 13, 2015
Re: Top Ten Song Theft Scandals In Nigerian Music Industry .. by adeyrossin(m): 3:19pm On Jul 14, 2015
PLEASE KINDLY DOWNLOAD THIS SONG TITLED EKO MEGACITY BY ADEY ROSSIN THROUGH THIS LINK THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS AS YOU DOWNLOAD AND SHARE SEIZE Mb http://playmyjamz.com/share/KdKzrP1mYz3925

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BBnaija: Bambam - 'Rest' (Audio) / AFRIMA 2017: Full Winners List / Download Latest Nigerian Gospel Songs Free - Xclusivegospel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.